TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - October 10th 2018, 12:34 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This thread is for discussion only, not for advice on where someone could obtain or purchase cannabis. All links provided are from the Government of Canada for accuracy and up to date information on laws, regulations and safety. Each Province and Territories has their own unique Province and Territories laws. Please check your regions laws to understand what is allowed and what is not allowed.

In a week itll be legal to purchase and have marijuana (18 in the Province of Alberta and Quebec, all other Provinces and Territories its 19) on October 17th, 2018; source [ http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/ ]

For more information on Canadian laws regarding cannibias [ https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...gulations.html ]

I am really excited and happy the Government is making it legal for Canadians to purchase cannabis for recreational use and to grow a certain amount within the legal amount.

What are your thoughts on Canada finally legalizing cannabis?

Are you someone who is in a region that it's legal, has it changed the laws in your area (crime reduction, people following the law, etc)?

How do you feel about a law changing to allow the use of cannabis legally?

Do you disagree with it? Explain.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator
Forum Mod - Relationships and Dating, Substance Use, Lifestyle, Goals and Ambitions

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Re: Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - October 15th 2018, 01:24 AM

I'm rather surprised Canada hasn't legalized marijuana at the federal/national level yet. But I say good on them for legalizing it. I don't know the drug crime rate on the northern side of the International border; but I imagine that if Canada's prepared to legalize it at the federal/national level, then it isn't as bad as it is here in the United States.

My state (in the US) has voted majority yes on the referendum in the 2016 election that would legalize recreational marijuana use. However, there has been numerous obstacles, from the opioid endemic in this state to the regulations facing legal barriers, that has prevented the opening of pot shops on the planned date of January 1st 2018.

In my opinion, I don't think marijuana should have become legal or it should be treated with extreme caution or that it should have been added to the referendum in a later election (say 2020 or 2024) instead, after the opioid crisis has been stabilized or even decreased. I think a lot of people in this state voted "yes" on that referendum question for the wrong reasons. Heck, we legalized medical marijuana in the 2012 elections and very few dispensaries exist almost six years later. There is definitely lack of preparation, communication, and logic on my state's part at both the state-wide level and the individual citizen.

Just my two cents.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - October 28th 2018, 12:52 PM

Been meaning to reply to this!

I think it's great that Canada legalized it. I live in one of the states that have legalized Marijuana and I am happy about it. To be honest, I never understood why it was illegal in the first place. I strong opinions about making drugs illegal etc but I've truly never felt that marijuana should be a drug that was illegal.

I hope that in the future the USA will follow suit and make Marijuana legal. I am hoping that the more states that legalize it will lead to it being legalized as a whole in the USA. Maybe in a few years time the USA will follow Canada!

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Average Joe

Re: Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - October 29th 2018, 05:58 PM

I think it's good because marijuana, to me, is closer to what cigarettes and alcohol are like; theres definite pros and cons but it's not the same as cocaine or anything. Due to the fact that there are loads of benefits (e.g. CBD oil for people with anxiety), I think it's good to legalize it so that it can be appropriately regulated (e.g. so that you can't smoke in schools but it's ok in your home, or so that you can get a stoned + driving charge, or whatever) because I don't feel like a blanket statement of its always bad always illegal is appropriate. Can't wait to see how it goes. Hopefully more countries will use it as a model if it goes well.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Wobr Bobr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - November 1st 2018, 08:14 PM

I'm totally for legalization. The marijuana ban is an outdated concept which has no pros and the reasons for it are lies in lots of cases. For instance, "hemp can lead to serious drugs". But there is no any research that proves it. I want to use a cbd oil (one of these cbdforsure) legitimately. Politicians mustn't choose what's better but scientists and physicians.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
RORO Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - November 18th 2018, 05:46 PM

I am also one for the legalization of Marijuana. That being said though I also have an addictive behavior and I wouldn't be able to use it legal or illegal because it would just lead me to my drug of choice which is pills and that is dangerous. However, like those who are old enough and responsible enough like with cigarettes and alcohol they should be able to use marijuana in my opinion.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Canadian Cannabis Legalization Oct. 17 - December 1st 2018, 10:56 PM

It has been published that Marijuana has helped many people with chronic illnesses and chronic pain issues plus many mental illness issues. I think if this drug monitored like any other legal drug by a doctor it could help so many people. The problem is that many countries have made it illegal and it gets in the wrong hands and people start lacing it with Rat poison and other really bad stuff that can kill people right on the spot.