TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Arrow My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 01:42 AM

My view. Here it goes.

I am not for homosexuality, but I'm not going to be the one to tell the homosexual community to stop what they are doing or they are going to go to hell. I actually wish that the church and homosexuals would make peace. I'm a Christian, and sometimes I feel more persecuted than the gay community. I'm labeled intolerant, and narrow-minded. I am tolerate, how much more tolerant could I get? We had prop 8 in my state, and It passed. And now I tolerate the courts bringing it back up. I'm not angry about it, that's just the way I feel, and It just doesn't seem fair to me that I get labeled when I never did anything wrong to you guys.

A while back, I commented on the day of silence. What is being quiet going to about it? Speak up. I recommended that you guys dress all in rainbow That seems more appropriate and outspoken, know what I mean. I got called a bitch. Hmm. That was rude wasn't it? I offer my honest advice, and that's what I get in return from gay supporters. I didn't participate. Why should I participate with a community that is so against me, and what I believe? I don't think It's fair for me to participate in the day of silence, when the gay community cannot go and feed the homeless with me, or anything to do with church. Makes sense right? Once you decide to side with me, I will support and side with you. Be on my team, I'll be on yours.

Honestly? If you all want to get married, that's fine by me, but you need to know how I feel about one thing. Marriage between a man and a woman is what has been intended. There is a reason why it takes a man and a woman to create a child. In fairytales, It's the princess and the prince, not the prince and the prince, or the princess and the princess, nor are there threesomes. I do not want my children, If I have any, educated that homosexuality is normal. It is a unique sexuality. It's different, and I'm sure most of you can agree with that. If I was homosexual, I would agree as well.

*Sigh* That's about it. I really don't want to offend anyone. Go gays


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
A while back, I commented on the day of silence. What is being quiet going to about it? Speak up. I recommended that you guys dress all in rainbow That seems more appropriate and outspoken, know what I mean. I got called a bitch. Hmm. That was rude wasn't it? I offer my honest advice, and that's what I get in return from gay supporters. I didn't participate. Why should I participate with a community that is so against me, and what I believe? I don't think It's fair for me to participate in the day of silence, when the gay community cannot go and feed the homeless with me, or anything to do with church. Makes sense right? Once you decide to side with me, I will support and side with you. Be on my team, I'll be on yours.

Honestly? If you all want to get married, that's fine by me, but you need to know how I feel about one thing. Marriage between a man and a woman is what has been intended. There is a reason why it takes a man and a woman to create a child. In fairytales, It's the princess and the prince, not the prince and the prince, or the princess and the princess, nor are there threesomes. I do not want my children, If I have any, educated that homosexuality is normal. It is a unique sexuality. It's different, and I'm sure most of you can agree with that. If I was homosexual, I would agree as well.

*Sigh* That's about it. I really don't want to offend anyone. Go gays
1. I agree with you on day of silence and always thought it was a nice gesture, but not really that useful.
2. Marriage is intended as man/woman...why? By god? Just because something was the norm in the past, doesn't mean it should be the norm now.
3. You can hide behind your belief, but then I point out things the bible condemns because you must support everything in the bible...right?

(I'll fill in your side) 'But XX you only take out certain pieces of the bible it is a personal thing'

So then the bible allows stoning of blasphemers (Leviticus 24:16). Yet if I were to do this I would get arrested. So I take it as "Religious beliefs are fine as long as they do not intrude on the rights of others". In this case, the rights of homosexuals to marry are being intruded on because of your beliefs.

Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't my english skills are shit.


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
1. I agree with you on day of silence and always thought it was a nice gesture, but not really that useful.
2. Marriage is intended as man/woman...why? By god? Just because something was the norm in the past, doesn't mean it should be the norm now.
3. You can hide behind your belief, but then I point out things the bible condemns because you must support everything in the bible...right?

(I'll fill in your side) 'But XX you only take out certain pieces of the bible it is a personal thing'

So then the bible allows stoning of blasphemers (Leviticus 24:16). Yet if I were to do this I would get arrested. So I take it as "Religious beliefs are fine as long as they do not intrude on the rights of others". In this case, the rights of homosexuals to marry are being intruded on because of your beliefs.

Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't my english skills are shit.
When Jesus was crucified, there was a new covenant. That was the old covenant. Read the words of Jesus, read the red. I didn't even mention the word God in my post above, so why do you mention it below?

Jesus had a problem with authority, and I have a problem with accepting everything. So don't turn my own bible on me as your ammo, I'm more intelligent than that. Nor will I let you call me stupid like you did in your last disrespectful post. How about messaging me back. At all.

No, It's heterosexual marriage is normal because man+woman=baby. Homosexual marriage is unique, and It's not normal. Because when they have "intercourse" there is no chance of pregnancy. Kind of makes you go hmmm. Therefore, It doesn't go with nature.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,305
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
No, It's heterosexual marriage is normal because man+woman=baby.
Fortunately, we no longer live in an archaic society where the only reason to marry is to breed. The only reason people should get married is because they love each other, not their breeding potential.


Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
Fortunately, we no longer live in an archaic society where the only reason to marry is to breed. The only reason people should get married is because they love each other, not their breeding potential.
It's not really a moral. It's more a physical principle. It's timeless. I'm offering an unbiased opinion of what I think marriage is regardless if I was homosexual or not.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Gitler Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Gitler's Avatar
 
Name: B
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 41
Join Date: May 26th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:16 AM

Well judging by your screen name I can deduce your position on it. Plus, anyone who has seen your comments on any topic regarding Homosexuality can also figure it out.
Despite the amount of happy faces you put, I am sure since you put this in the "debate" forum you will obviously get...debate.

If you are against Gay Marriage then rock on, now that you have made this post we can all rest easy that you won't bother any topics regarding Homosexuality...right? (doubt it)
I doubt that the gay community is against you because of your religion. They probably noticed the ignorance you take with homosexuality. Ignorance is bliss. I doubt they want your participation, You are so steeped in religious fervor that you only see one side of the coin.
While it was rude for people to call you bitch for your opinion, you showed ignorance in your suggestion.
Also Homosexuals go to church AND feed the homeless...crazy huh.

The points you make seem to be on a local experience instead of taking the time to read up on facts.

I respect your religion but it is your narrow minded religious fervor that irritates me.
To those that support Gay Marriage, keep in mind that all this goes both ways.

   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:16 AM

And I see 7 people in on this thread below... I'll try and keep up with it. Lol.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
When Jesus was crucified, there was a new covenant. That was the old covenant. Read the words of Jesus, read the red. I didn't even mention the word God in my post above, so why do you mention it below?

Jesus had a problem with authority, and I have a problem with accepting everything. So don't turn my own bible on me as your ammo, I'm more intelligent than that. Nor will I let you call me stupid like you did in your last disrespectful post. How about messaging me back. At all.

No, It's heterosexual marriage is normal because man+woman=baby. Homosexual marriage is unique, and It's not normal. Because when they have "intercourse" there is no chance of pregnancy. Kind of makes you go hmmm. Therefore, It doesn't go with nature.
btw I sent you a message, I was wrapped up into responding so it took awhile for me to see it. If you don't want to talk about religion then fine, I figured you did because well...you normally do.

Is the goal of marriage to have a baby? There are many couples who have a baby and don't get married. There are married people who don't have babies. Just because a majority of them do, doesn't mean marriage has to require children. The purpose of marriage is to be bonded to another person for life, most just happen to start a family as well. Correlation does not equal causation.


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitler View Post
Well judging by your screen name I can deduce your position on it. Plus, anyone who has seen your comments on any topic regarding Homosexuality can also figure it out.
Despite the amount of happy faces you put, I am sure since you put this in the "debate" forum you will obviously get...debate.

If you are against Gay Marriage then rock on, now that you have made this post we can all rest easy that you won't bother any topics regarding Homosexuality...right? (doubt it)
I doubt that the gay community is against you because of your religion. They probably noticed the ignorance you take with homosexuality. Ignorance is bliss. I doubt they want your participation, You are so steeped in religious fervor that you only see one side of the coin.
While it was rude for people to call you bitch for your opinion, you showed ignorance in your suggestion.
Also Homosexuals go to church AND feed the homeless...crazy huh.

The points you make seem to be on a local experience instead of taking the time to read up on facts.

I respect your religion but it is your narrow minded religious fervor that irritates me.
To those that support Gay Marriage, keep in mind that all this goes both ways.

How am I ignorant of homosexuality? I'm ignorant If I'm not for it?


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:18 AM

Actually, at my school everyone wore rainbow ribbons and rainbow facepaint on the Day of Silence (as well as being silent all day).

You could be the bigger person by agreeing to participate in the Day of Silence. It usually takes one side making an effort before mutual understanding happens. There are also plenty of gay christians, so your claim that gay people don't do anything with christians is absurd.

Fairytales are representative of the society values at the time the particular story was written. Everyone used to be christian, now there are many other religions and many non-religious people. There used to be a lot of racism in fairytales too. Do you hate black people? Times change, society progresses as humans learn and grow. We know better now. Don't get stuck in the past.

What is so unique about homosexuality? Just because homosexuals are the minority rather than the majority, doesn't make it all that unique. Different than heterosexuality, slightly, but still not unique. There are still a lot of homosexuals in the world and your kids are gonna see that eventually. I personally think it would be very strange if everyone was straight while so many other human characterisics have multiple possibilities. It would be like if everyone was right handed. Biology just doesn't work that way! We are so complex it is only natural that differences will occur.

On a lighter note, I am very glad to see that you are willing to allow gays to get married despite your feelings about it.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
btw I sent you a message, I was wrapped up into responding so it took awhile for me to see it. If you don't want to talk about religion then fine, I figured you did because well...you normally do.

Is the goal of marriage to have a baby? There are many couples who have a baby and don't get married. There are married people who don't have babies. Just because a majority of them do, doesn't mean marriage has to require children. The purpose of marriage is to be bonded to another person for life, most just happen to start a family as well. Correlation does not equal causation.
I'll check. I don't bring up religion all the time. And many of my views are based of my own belief. This wasn't a "I'm Christian, hear me roar you gay sinners!"

I posted a reply to something similar to your second phrase.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Actually, at my school everyone wore rainbow ribbons and rainbow facepaint on the Day of Silence (as well as being silent all day).

You could be the bigger person by agreeing to participate in the Day of Silence. It usually takes one side making an effort before mutual understanding happens. There are also plenty of gay christians, so your claim that gay people don't do anything with christians is absurd.

Fairytales are representative of the society values at the time the particular story was written. Everyone used to be christian, now there are many other religions and many non-religious people. There used to be a lot of racism in fairytales too. Do you hate black people? Times change, society progresses as humans learn and grow. We know better now. Don't get stuck in the past.

What is so unique about homosexuality? Just because homosexuals are the minority rather than the majority, doesn't make it all that unique. Different than heterosexuality, slightly, but still not unique. There are still a lot of homosexuals in the world and your kids are gonna see that eventually. I personally think it would be very strange if everyone was straight while so many other human characterisics have multiple possibilities. It would be like if everyone was right handed. Biology just doesn't work that way! We are so complex it is only natural that differences will occur.

On a lighter note, I am very glad to see that you are willing to allow gays to get married despite your feelings about it.
Someone supported my idea at least. Lol.

I don't think It's absurd. I go to a very "unconservative" church. Pentecostal. Honestly, how many outspoken gays go to church, where the church is informed of their preference?

It though unique was a good word. I still stand by saying that homosexuality is a unique sexuality. As you said yourself. It is the minority, and there's a reason why homosexuality causes a great stir. It's "not the norm" and unique.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Algernon; June 4th 2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:30 AM

So marriage requires the desire to have a baby?

It is not a 'physical principle' either. I am sure you have heard this a billion times, but there are gay animals. A biological minority should not be ignored and should be accepted.

edit: augh all these debates start as I need to finish my homework (10:30 here) so I am getting off. cheers


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

Last edited by Double X; June 4th 2009 at 02:36 AM.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
So marriage requires the desire to have a baby?

It is not a 'physical principle' either. I am sure you have heard this a billion times, but there are gay animals. A biological minority should not be ignored and should be accepted.
No, marriage doesn't require the desire to have a baby. I didn't say that. It is a physical principle. The penis was made for the vagina. That's why lesbians and gay have to improvise to have sex.

But we aren't animals. We're homo sapiens. We aren't gay dogs humping each other at the dog park. We are living, feeling human beings.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Gitler Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Gitler's Avatar
 
Name: B
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 41
Join Date: May 26th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
How am I ignorant of homosexuality? I'm ignorant If I'm not for it?
I am calling you ignorant because of the lack of "open mindedness" you show.
Day of Silence is that way for a reason, it represents the silencing of LGBT students and community.

You also don't seem to care to research anything you say. Homosexuals don't go to church. Homosexual don't give to the homeless. Don't blanket Homosexual with such made up stuff. It is like saying all Muslims are suicide bombers or all Asian people know martial arts.

Also just saw something...Humans are Animals...
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:37 AM

Oh, and I'm going to stop posting until the people reading this thread start pitching in. I don't like it when people just join in by commenting the post of the opposing side.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Algernon; June 4th 2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: mixed up wording.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
kimvia's Avatar
 
Name: Kim
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 581
Join Date: March 5th 2009

Thumbs down Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I actually wish that the church and homosexuals would make peace. I'm a Christian, and sometimes I feel more persecuted than the gay community. I'm labeled intolerant, and narrow-minded. I am tolerate, how much more tolerant could I get? We had prop 8 in my state, and It passed. And now I tolerate the courts bringing it back up. I'm not angry about it, that's just the way I feel, and It just doesn't seem fair to me that I get labeled when I never did anything wrong to you guys.
So, while I have issues with other stuff in the OP, I'm going to focus on this because others have mentioned the other stuff.

It really bothers me when Christians ( I've heard this from several people, all christians, now) complain about being "persecuted." yeah, there are some people who consider all Christians intolerant, etc. but clearly not nearly as many as people who think ill of the GLBT community.... otherwise laws would be discriminating against you, not us.

Also, about the prop 8 stuff and issues with the courts. Sorry if i'm not very simpathetic to you and other's in your position... but the GLBT community in california had to worry about their futures with their loved ones, you had to worry about what, traffic? waiting a few days longer to go to court for a speeding ticket?


Quote:
There is a reason why it takes a man and a woman to create a child. In fairytales, It's the princess and the prince, not the prince and the prince, or the princess and the princess, nor are there threesomes.
Why do some people connect homosexuality with threesomes? Talk about discrimination :meh:



PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.



What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

Last edited by kimvia; June 4th 2009 at 02:52 AM. Reason: grammar
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:50 AM

In my opinion, I think it's okay to be gay as long as you're wearing shoes.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvia View Post
so while I have issues with other stuff in the OP, I'm going to focus on this sence others have taken care of the other stuff.

It really bothers me when Christians complain about being "persecuted." yeah, there are some people who consider all Christians intolerant, etc. but clearly not nearly as many as people who think ill of the GLBT community.... otherwise laws would be discriminating against you, not us.

and about the prop 8 stuff and issues with the courts. sorry if i'm not very simpathetic to you and other's in your position... but the GLBT community in california had to worry about their futures with their loved ones, you had to worry about what, traffic? waiting a few days longer to go to court for a speeding ticket?

why do so many people tie together homosexuality allong with threesomes? talk about discrimination :meh:

The threesomes thing was to make you laugh. No? Guess it didn't work. You didn't see the ---> Whatever.

The point of the court situation had nothing to do with that. It was just that people call me intolerant. I am tolerant. Of what's going on in the courts.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Someone supported my idea at least. Lol.

I don't think It's absurd. I go to a very "unconservative" church. Pentecostal. Honestly, how many outspoken gays go to church, where the church is informed of their preference?

It though unique was a good word. I still stand by saying that homosexuality is a unique sexuality. As you said yourself. It is the minority, and there's a reason why homosexuality causes a great stir. It's "not the norm" and unique.
But that is just your church. In other churches they even have gay ministers. I imagine outspoken gay people don't go to churchs they know oppose them because they know they'd be kicked out.

Wikipedia says:
Quote:
In the modern West, major studies indicate a prevalence of 2% to 13% of the population.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14] A 2006 study suggested that 20% of the population anonymously reported some homosexual feelings, although relatively few participants in the study identified themselves as homosexual.[
2-13 percent doesn't seem all that unique to me. Homosexual attraction is the exact same as heterosexual attraction. The only difference is that it's directed at someone of the same gender. The feeling is the same, and isn't that what really counts?

It causes a stir because, not because it's not normal, but rather because it's not considered normal. It is slowly becoming considered more and more normal though, and less people make a big deal out of it. In Canada, it's legal and I rarely hear anyone protesting it or making a stir. It's becoming accepted because society is changing. As we learn, especially about biology, we can see that some things we thought were wrong are actually perfectly normal. People used to really believe that masturbating could make you blind. We now know that's not true. I am sure it's only a matter of time before sexuality will be proved to be a normal biological variation.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
kimvia's Avatar
 
Name: Kim
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 581
Join Date: March 5th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post

The threesomes thing was to make you laugh. No? Guess it didn't work. You didn't see the ---> Whatever.

The point of the court situation had nothing to do with that. It was just that people call me intolerant. I am tolerant. Of what's going on in the courts.

oh, yeah, silly me, its is funny now i get it, just like how all Christians are intolerant and high and mighty and have boots up their asses about everything

well, i'm glad that you can tolerate what is going on (which has nothing to do with you because you will clearly never be interested in a gay relationship) in the courts.



PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.



What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
But that is just your church. In other churches they even have gay ministers. I imagine outspoken gay people don't go to churchs they know oppose them because they know they'd be kicked out.

Wikipedia says:

2-13 percent doesn't seem all that unique to me. Homosexual attraction is the exact same as heterosexual attraction. The only difference is that it's directed at someone of the same gender. The feeling is the same, and isn't that what really counts?

It causes a stir because, not because it's not normal, but rather because it's not considered normal. It is slowly becoming considered more and more normal though, and less people make a big deal out of it. In Canada, it's legal and I rarely hear anyone protesting it or making a stir. It's becoming accepted because society is changing. As we learn, especially about biology, we can see that some things we thought were wrong are actually perfectly normal. People used to really believe that masturbating could make you blind. We now know that's not true. I am sure it's only a matter of time before sexuality will be proved to be a normal biological variation.
Ok, then If you want to consider it normal, then go ahead.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Ok, then If you want to consider it normal, then go ahead.
What percentage do you require for something to be considered normal?

Dictionary.com says, Normal: conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

There is evidence to suggest that homosexuality is indeed natural (aka normal). You can live in denial if you prefer though.

Quote:
To highlight a few studies that support that being gay has biological origins:
· Birth order – having older male siblings increases the odds that subsequent male children will be gay. This is thought to be due to maternal antibodies that feminize the brain.
· Identical twins have a 50 to 70% chance of being gay. Side note – some people argue this proves that being gay is not genetic. These people lack an advanced understanding of genetics and development. Being gay is not controlled by one simple gene. If it was, that mystery would have been solved.
· There are correlations to being left handed.
· Fruit flies can be made gay by changing a single gene. Note: Humans are not fruit flies.
· Being gay occurs in many animals, most notably penguins in zoos that mate for life and will not convert to heterosexuality, no matter how many fabulous looking female penguins are presented.
· Women with gay children have higher fertility rates.
· If two brothers are gay, there is a higher rate of other family members being gay.
· Pheromones – straight women and gay men are attracted to a pheromone produced in the sweat of men. Gay women and straight men are attracted to a pheromone produced in the urine of women. This study was done using PET and MRI scans, looking at areas of the brain that reveal sexual arousal, not the opinions of the participants. It was also published in a very prestigious journal, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
http://itisalwaystoday.blogspot.com/...hat-if-we.html


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Oiseau the Little Bird!'s Avatar
 
Name: Bernadette
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 457
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 13th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:31 AM

I, for one, see nothing wrong with Holly sharing her beliefs. I see nothing wrong with what she said, since it's her feelings and she smart and courteous about it. Win!


Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.


  Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
sushi_error's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: US

Posts: 443
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:32 AM

Homosexuality is NOT a new phenomena as it goes way, way back to the Greeks, Romans, etc.

That being said, how do we define 'normal'? Homosexuality may not be considered 'normal' in society, but it is no different from heterosexuality. At the end of the day, it is a sexual preference all around, just like heterosexuality or bisexuality.

Lastly, I think a gay couple can provide just as much love or more than a heterosexual couple to a child.


Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:36 AM

Why are christians always under attack when it comes to homosexuality?


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
kimvia's Avatar
 
Name: Kim
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 581
Join Date: March 5th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau the Little Bird! View Post
I, for one, see nothing wrong with Holly sharing her beliefs. I see nothing wrong with what she said, since it's her feelings and she smart and courteous about it. Win!
I agree, its good that she shares her beliefs, but if she didn't want a debate, she shouldn't have posted in this forum...



PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.



What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
sushi_error's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: US

Posts: 443
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvia View Post
I agree, its good that she shares her beliefs, but if she didn't want a debate, she shouldn't have posted in this forum...
Did she say she didn't want a debate?

Obviously, she knows that this thread will attract many users and I think she is doing a solid job defending her opinion. I may disagree with it, but I respect her ideas. She is serving the hits and taking them as well.


Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
Why are christians always under attack when it comes to homosexuality?
Mainly because they are the ones who oppose it of course! I have never heard a non-religious person argue against homosexuality. Whether you agree with it or not, you can't deny that gay people aren't hurting anyone else. That's why it's not fair to prohibit them from getting married. There is supposed to be separation of church and state. If christians kept their religion to themselves, people would probably not attack them.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
My view. Here it goes.

I am not for homosexuality, but I'm not going to be the one to tell the homosexual community to stop what they are doing or they are going to go to hell. I actually wish that the church and homosexuals would make peace. I'm a Christian, and sometimes I feel more persecuted than the gay community. I'm labeled intolerant, and narrow-minded. I am tolerate, how much more tolerant could I get? We had prop 8 in my state, and It passed. And now I tolerate the courts bringing it back up. I'm not angry about it, that's just the way I feel, and It just doesn't seem fair to me that I get labeled when I never did anything wrong to you guys.

A while back, I commented on the day of silence. What is being quiet going to about it? Speak up. I recommended that you guys dress all in rainbow That seems more appropriate and outspoken, know what I mean. I got called a bitch. Hmm. That was rude wasn't it? I offer my honest advice, and that's what I get in return from gay supporters. I didn't participate. Why should I participate with a community that is so against me, and what I believe? I don't think It's fair for me to participate in the day of silence, when the gay community cannot go and feed the homeless with me, or anything to do with church. Makes sense right? Once you decide to side with me, I will support and side with you. Be on my team, I'll be on yours.

Honestly? If you all want to get married, that's fine by me, but you need to know how I feel about one thing. Marriage between a man and a woman is what has been intended. There is a reason why it takes a man and a woman to create a child. In fairytales, It's the princess and the prince, not the prince and the prince, or the princess and the princess, nor are there threesomes. I do not want my children, If I have any, educated that homosexuality is normal. It is a unique sexuality. It's different, and I'm sure most of you can agree with that. If I was homosexual, I would agree as well.

*Sigh* That's about it. I really don't want to offend anyone. Go gays
Adam and Steve <3.

That aside,I didn't even participate in the Day of Silence, Mainly because I forgot, but still. I know being silent doesn't seem to do anything, but it's to show how the LGBT community has been silenced.

And sure, your tolerant. Of what though? Of the fact that it's tying up the courts? I want to get married one day, and have kids, but as the law currently stands, I can't get married. Because I'm not straight. Because the person I love is a girl. And some people don't want me to marry a girl. They say I belong to a man. Could it be that this are the same people who once believed that women had no role outside the home and didn't need an education? Probably.

I doubt that there isn't a single fairy tale involving homosexuals. Actually, I believe there are a few of those.And life is not a fairy tale Holly. This is the real world. Times are changing. So either change with it, or stay the same.

And also, homosexuals do go to church. I go to church, I'm even going on a mission trip this summer. I believe in God and the Bible. I also believe that if God made me in his image, then I should be who I am without running into problems with conservatives. And no, homosexuality is not really unique. It's normal, it's natural.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Mainly because they are the ones who oppose it of course! I have never heard a non-religious person argue against homosexuality. Whether you agree with it or not, you can't deny that gay people aren't hurting anyone else. That's why it's not fair to prohibit them from getting married. There is supposed to be separation of church and state. If christians kept their religion to themselves, people would probably not attack them.
You would think christians would argue over something more violent such as war other then whether gays or lesbians should be togeter and also how the Government bans the bible from being read from a classroom but they let more controverial books sit in the library like Harry potter.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
You would think christians would argue over something more violent such as war other then whether gays or lesbians should be togeter and also how the Government bans the bible from being read from a classroom but they let more controverial books sit in the library like Harry potter.
Yeah that would make more sense. I never have understood why homosexuality seems to be have been placed above all the other issues for christians.

I have never heard of the government banning the bible from being read in classrooms! That isn't right either. Christianity has shaped so much of our socety today, so it's a good thing for students to learn about it.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
My view. Here it goes.

I am not for homosexuality, but I'm not going to be the one to tell the homosexual community to stop what they are doing or they are going to go to hell. I actually wish that the church and homosexuals would make peace. I'm a Christian, and sometimes I feel more persecuted than the gay community. I'm labeled intolerant, and narrow-minded. I am tolerate, how much more tolerant could I get? We had prop 8 in my state, and It passed. And now I tolerate the courts bringing it back up. I'm not angry about it, that's just the way I feel, and It just doesn't seem fair to me that I get labeled when I never did anything wrong to you guys.

A while back, I commented on the day of silence. What is being quiet going to about it? Speak up. I recommended that you guys dress all in rainbow That seems more appropriate and outspoken, know what I mean. I got called a bitch. Hmm. That was rude wasn't it? I offer my honest advice, and that's what I get in return from gay supporters. I didn't participate. Why should I participate with a community that is so against me, and what I believe? I don't think It's fair for me to participate in the day of silence, when the gay community cannot go and feed the homeless with me, or anything to do with church. Makes sense right? Once you decide to side with me, I will support and side with you. Be on my team, I'll be on yours.

Honestly? If you all want to get married, that's fine by me, but you need to know how I feel about one thing. Marriage between a man and a woman is what has been intended. There is a reason why it takes a man and a woman to create a child. In fairytales, It's the princess and the prince, not the prince and the prince, or the princess and the princess, nor are there threesomes. I do not want my children, If I have any, educated that homosexuality is normal. It is a unique sexuality. It's different, and I'm sure most of you can agree with that. If I was homosexual, I would agree as well.

*Sigh* That's about it. I really don't want to offend anyone. Go gays
I'm glad that you show some lenience with your faith and are not completely blinded by it. However, the part I'm curious on is if you support homosexuals and gay rights, why not also support gay marriage? Marriage shouldn't be viewed as the archiac definition of replicating but rather out of love. If two people love each other, then why not let them marry each other?

You get labeled as ignorant, intolerant, narrow-minded, etc... from the start when you introduce yourself as a Christian because the common stance of Christians is just that. It is unfair I'll admit it, however, it is not an inaccurate generalization.

But then the last thing that, well, just seems to make your entire post a contradiction: "I am not for homosexuality". You don't support it yet you claim to be tolerant? You believe homosexuals have no affiliation with the church or help the homeless? Notice how that generalization of intolerance, narrow-mindedness and ignorance is starting to apply to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
How am I ignorant of homosexuality? I'm ignorant If I'm not for it?
I find this to be a hilarious question... . See the above paragraph to understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx

But we aren't animals. We're homo sapiens. We aren't gay dogs humping each other at the dog park. We are living, feeling human beings.


From an evolutionary standpoint, humans ARE animals. We are of the Kingdom Animalia, Class Mammalia, etc... . If you disagree, then there is an enormous pile of information ready to show you otherwise. We are within the same classification as dogs up to and including Subclass Theria, which comes much after denoting the kingdom.

I assume your definition of an animal would be something along the lines of an untamed, uncivilized, unintelligent, mongrel. Unfortunately, when you go to say that humans are/are not animals and dogs are/are not animals, you're adhering to the scientific definition of an animal as denoted by Kindgom Animalia, not this random definition of yours. Read up a bit on evolution or just some basic biology to avoid making more arrogant and sweeping statements about something you clearly do not know much on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Ok, then If you want to consider it normal, then go ahead.

Obviously there is a difference between what you consider normal and what others do. Can you define what would you consider something to be normal?


Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
Why are christians always under attack when it comes to homosexuality?

Because generally they are intolerant towards it, such as condemning them to hell, calling it an abomination to god, not god's intention, etc... . It's something common amongst many Christians, and so when the topic is brought up by a Christian, one's initial reaction probably is that the Christian is going to show off their intolerance and be blinded by their faith. If you attack something, don't be surprised if you get attacked back.
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 05:04 AM

I understand the message you're trying to get across, which is why I have to point out how convoluted it is. Read the following analogy.

"So, I understand why people are black/hispanic/asian, I really do, and I think it's a good thing that they rally and show their pride and support for one another. That being said, I still think being black/hispanic/asian is wrong so I'm going to vote against them having equal rights, because thats what I believe."

Do you see? DO YOU SEE? It's the same damn thing. People are born straight/gay/white/asian/black. It's not a choice. You say you think it's good that they show pride, yet you still look down on them as subhuman. You think you understand them, when your part of the crowd of people essentially spitting on their shoes.

By sitting there, claiming to be tolerant and understanding, while simultaneously bashing gays for being what they are and saying they're not equal, is probably equal to, if not worse than outright saying you "hate gays, burn in hell."


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Member
Average Joe
***
 
FeelsLikeFalling's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New Zealand

Posts: 116
Join Date: May 25th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 05:16 AM

Okay. So.. Not all christians are against gays, and not all gays are against christians. I happen to be bi, and I have quite a few christian friends, and gay friends, and we all accept each other.

Even though I disagree with Hollys views, I still respect them. I mean, they are her opinions, it's not like shes trying to shove them onto other people and turn all gay people straight, she is just saying what she thinks, and she is being pretty polite about it. And I think it's slightly unfair how everyone seems pretty against her. I mean, come on, she has obviously thought about what shes saying, and she can justify why she thinks this way.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Everyone can think what they like, as long as they don't try and force other people to think the same way. Also, good on her for making this thread, I mean, people aren't always very accepting of anyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage etc, so for her to be able to say what she thinks even though she knows most people will be against her, must take guts.
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Gitler Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Gitler's Avatar
 
Name: B
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 41
Join Date: May 26th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post


Do you see? DO YOU SEE? It's the same damn thing. People are born straight/gay/white/asian/black. It's not a choice. You say you think it's good that they show pride, yet you still look down on them as subhuman. You think you understand them, when your part of the crowd of people essentially spitting on their shoes.
The question if people are born Gay is debatable.
Just a "by the way"
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 05:32 AM

You seem to have a lot of interest in gays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
My view. Here it goes.

I am not for homosexuality, but I'm not going to be the one to tell the homosexual community to stop what they are doing or they are going to go to hell. I actually wish that the church and homosexuals would make peace.


The gay community has been pretty much rejected by much of the church, particularly in the past. Kicked out, disowned, lost friends, insulted beaten up and even killed by people justifying it with religious beliefs. Im not saying this is how religion has to be, but its not uncommon to have experienced.

Quote:
I'm a Christian, and sometimes I feel more persecuted than the gay community.
As a queer Christian, I've probably experienced and seen much more of the hatred toward the church from gays then you, and yet, I've had much worse for being seen as queer in some way. Just the other day some kids assumed I was a gay man, so gave me violent homophobia abuse involving throwing a brick. You are more likely to get militant atheists give you crap for being a Christian, just a higher number of gays are likely to be so, as a reaction to the church's rejection of them.

Quote:
I'm labeled intolerant, and narrow-minded. I am tolerate, how much more tolerant could I get? We had prop 8 in my state, and It passed. And now I tolerate the courts bringing it back up. I'm not angry about it, that's just the way I feel, and It just doesn't seem fair to me that I get labeled when I never did anything wrong to you guys.
Thats tolerant? Yeah, Im tolerant becauseIm not made you are still fighting for your freedom. Because you being allowed to get married to the same sex is going to stop you marrying the opposite sex? If man + woman marriage is important to you, then dont get married to a girl?

Quote:
I don't think It's fair for me to participate in the day of silence, when the gay community cannot go and feed the homeless with me, or anything to do with church. Makes sense right? Once you decide to side with me, I will support and side with you. Be on my team, I'll be on yours.
Quite a lot of gay are politcally active for numerous human right causes, including community schemes, etc. And i spent 3 years being a youth leader in my church?

Quote:
Honestly? If you all want to get married, that's fine by me, but you need to know how I feel about one thing. Marriage between a man and a woman is what has been intended.
Marriage use to be a man and many women in numerous places. It was a business transaction often.

Quote:
There is a reason why it takes a man and a woman to create a child.
Genetics? Though not all men can get all women pregnant. human sexual behaviour is almost completed dissociated from reproduction.

Quote:
In fairytales, It's the princess and the prince, not the prince and the prince, or the princess and the princess, nor are there threesomes.
And for Western Fairytales, there tends to be no equal ethnic minorities or disabled people. Things of evil I see.

Quote:
I do not want my children, If I have any, educated that homosexuality is normal. It is a unique sexuality. It's different, and I'm sure most of you can agree with that. If I was homosexual, I would agree as well.
Whats normal/ And is being different bad?


Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Because when they have "intercourse" there is no chance of pregnancy. Kind of makes you go hmmm. Therefore, It doesn't go with nature.
Like we do fertility tests to make sure the straighties can have kiddies before they wed? Or how we check everyone's genes, to check they arent intersexed, and so on and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
It's not really a moral. It's more a physical principle. It's timeless. I'm offering an unbiased opinion of what I think marriage is regardless if I was homosexual or not.
You cant say its unbiased and unrelated to your sexual orientation. The likelihood is, you wouldnt feel that way if you were gay, and if you did, the reasoning against gay marriage is more likely to be a rejection of heteronormativity (straight conventional norms, saturated in sexism).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
How am I ignorant of homosexuality? I'm ignorant If I'm not for it?
The way you are talking about it and things you've said in the past, does suggest you arent totally clued in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post

I don't think It's absurd. I go to a very "unconservative" church. Pentecostal. Honestly, how many outspoken gays go to church, where the church is informed of their preference?


If my church found out, they'd not be ok with it. I wouldn't go.

Quote:
It though unique was a good word. I still stand by saying that homosexuality is a unique sexuality. As you said yourself. It is the minority, and there's a reason why homosexuality causes a great stir. It's "not the norm" and unique.
So many people have this obsession with 'normal', both gays and straights. I was at a LGBT student activism conference the other week, we were discussion the addition of 'queer' to the remit. One person summed up this attitude quite well:

Quote:
Queer means different. I'm not different! I'm normal!
And half the room clapped. Thing is, he was missing the picture. Normal is a subjective concept, and to be fair, it doesn't matter. The whole idea of what we are meant to be about is diversity and inclusion. Even if homosexuality, or other orientations are different, why is that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
No, marriage doesn't require the desire to have a baby. I didn't say that. It is a physical principle. The penis was made for the vagina. That's why lesbians and gay have to improvise to have sex.


I find it mildly amusing that the male g-spot is in their butt, and women tend to get more out of foreplay. Not to mention, the toys lesbians can get have more features then the fleshy thing men have. Lesbian sex is amazing btw, even without toys, and I comes pretty naturally.

Quote:
But we aren't animals. We're homo sapiens. We aren't gay dogs humping each other at the dog park. We are living, feeling human beings.
We are human, but what's your point?

[quote=YourNightmare;157302]

From an evolutionary standpoint, humans ARE animals. We are of the Kingdom Animalia, Class Mammalia, etc... . If you disagree, then there is an enormous pile of information ready to show you otherwise. We are within the same classification as dogs up to and including Subclass Theria, which comes much after denoting the kingdom.

I assume your definition of an animal would be something along the lines of an untamed, uncivilized, unintelligent, mongrel. Unfortunately, when you go to say that humans are/are not animals and dogs are/are not animals, you're adhering to the scientific definition of an animal as denoted by Kindgom Animalia, not this random definition of yours. Read up a bit on evolution or just some basic biology to avoid making more arrogant and sweeping statements about something you clearly do not know much on.


Humans are the only creature with a fourth level of minding. We are different from other animals, so whether or not we are technically animals, we are in a league of our own.
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 06:47 AM


The bodies of men, and women, are designed differently.
Should it not be obvious that men were not designed to be with men? They don't fit together.
Should it not be obvious that a woman's body is not designed to be with another woman? They also do not "fit" together.
Is is not obvious that a man and woman, by how their bodies are designed, were meant to come together, not just for pro-creation, but to give of themselves wholly to each other?


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Member
Average Joe
***
 
FeelsLikeFalling's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New Zealand

Posts: 116
Join Date: May 25th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 06:53 AM

I'm sorry, but just because they don't 'fit' the way that you think they're supposed to, doesn't mean they don't. A woman and a woman 'fit' and a man and a man 'fit'. Think about it, when a man and a man have sex, it works, when a woman and a woman have sex, it works. So somehow, they must 'fit' together.
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
Humans are the only creature with a fourth level of minding. We are different from other animals, so whether or not we are technically animals, we are in a league of our own.
We may be in a league of our own, however, biologically and/or evolutionary, we are animals. We may be at the top of the animals but we are animals nonetheless.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: My View On Homosexuality - June 4th 2009, 07:30 AM

What do you mean by it "works"?


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
homosexuality, view

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.