TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 04:41 PM

BBC NEWS | Technology | Seven million 'use illegal files'

I cant imagine this HASNT been discussed at one point, but I had a search and couldn't find a thread on this, an open one at least, but it came up recently in reference to another post... Do you do it? Do you agree with it? I personally dont...

Quote:
Around seven million people in the UK are involved in illegal downloads, costing the economy tens of billions of pounds, government advisers say.
Researchers found 1.3m people using one file-sharing network on one weekday and estimated that over a year they had free access to material worth £12bn.

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 04:58 PM

And I'm sure they're going to come down on all those 1.3m people... Not.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 04:59 PM

To be honest, I don't know what to really say about this. It's illegal, and it's bad business for the music/movie industry. The only thing that I agree on is it's convience and the fact that it's completely free. Not much to say about this, in my opinion.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 05:04 PM

Good luck trying to stop it.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 05:25 PM

I'm under the impression that unless the government intends to make an example out of you, you're "safe" unless you are illegally downloading oodles of copyrighted material. That doesn't make it right, but it doesn't exactly set a good example, does it?

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 05:28 PM

Well its something I for one feel quite strongly about;

- I don't like the fact I pay through the nose for music but it seems noone else does,
- I don't like the fact nothing will ever be done to stop it, and
- I guess sitting there knowing I am doing something right is pretty much the only thing I get from it, Im guessing Im not the only one, but it feels about it sometimes lol..

It seems to be accepted by people now as Ok =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
I'm under the impression that unless the government intends to make an example out of you, you're "safe" unless you are illegally downloading oodles of copyrighted material. That doesn't make it right, but it doesn't exactly set a good example, does it?
I dont know about America, but certainly a couple of people in the UK have been caught, meaning even if I felt ok about the whole idea of it, I still wouldnt through fear of being caught.

Generally, sadly though you are safe, and its this that does lead to more and more people doing it

Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

Last edited by tk338; June 5th 2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 05:46 PM

i can think of a lot worse things to do than illegally downloading music. pretty much everyone i know downloads music illegally.. it's not exactly going to land you up in prison or with any legal action taken against you what so ever for that matter.

yeah so in all, it's not something i think is a particularly big deal. it happens.. oh well.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 05:57 PM

:s Compared to most I dont have much music, but I dread to think how much Ive spent since I got itunes, Maybe... £600-£700, just because its stolen in bits doesnt make it anymore right, lol maybe Brandons right though, not much to say, because everyone just does it :/... lol, They can carry on having my 79ps though Well what part of it is theirs...

(#9 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk338 View Post
:s Compared to most I dont have much music, but I dread to think how much Ive spent since I got itunes, Maybe... £600-£700, just because its stolen in bits doesnt make it anymore right, lol maybe Brandons right though, not much to say, because everyone just does it :/... lol, They can carry on having my 79ps though Well what part of it is theirs...
yeah i agree that it's not right - but i think it's kinda inevitable. a lot of people just aren't prepared to pay for all their music when everyone else is illegally downloading it, i guess they don't think it's fair?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 06:10 PM

Yeahh stopping them would be a challenge, but I hear the ISPs are refusing to police the web saying its not their job to do so, but a 3 strikes rule, or a equivalent speed cutting scheme is coming into place?

Too be honest I feel bad on the artists, if people went round nicking my pictures, after being thrilled they liked them that much, Id be pretty annoyed, so many sales must be lost that way... It must suck to think how much they could have made...

Also if everyone paid, I wouldnt be paying 79p, itd be more like 29, Im paying so the artists can still be supported while people download illegally =/

(#11 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk338 View Post
Yeahh stopping them would be a challenge, but I hear the ISPs are refusing to police the web saying its not their job to do so, but a 3 strikes rule, or a equivalent speed cutting scheme is coming into place?

Too be honest I feel bad on the artists, if people went round nicking my pictures, after being thrilled they liked them that much, Id be pretty annoyed, so many sales must be lost that way... It must suck to think how much they could have made...

Also if everyone paid, I wouldnt be paying 79p, itd be more like 29, Im paying so the artists can still be supported while people download illegally =/
i don't think the prices would necassarily drop, a lot of these singers are so money-hungry they wouldn't drop the price just because more people are buying their songs.

i do see your point that it's unfair on the artists, and similarly if someone stole something of mine i'd be equally upset.

i guess in theory it's just like going into a shop, taking a CD off the shelf and walking out without paying.. hmm i never really thought of it like that.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 06:25 PM

Yeah I guess, prices might not take such a hit as a whole 50p, thats just wishful thinking But hey we can be ever hopeful, mind you I now just use legal online music listening sites like we7 and spotify, but what I miss is being able to put those songs on my phone .

Problem is, is under UK law, (Ithink this is still true) actually putting a song from a CD on an mp3 player is illegal, but that was a little while ago...

But yeah, I guess its in terms of convenience that people do it, lots and lots of people can just download... I guess though if the same amount of people were just walking in and taking CDs from a shelf, it would encourage more people to do it, seeing others get away with it...

Especially bad money times like now though, I havent bought a song in aages, havent got the money, so whilst everyone is going round with the latest songs I have nothing, but Im obeying the law :/

Its messed up!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
jellyfish Offline
No Rest For The Wicked
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 06:45 PM

Theyre never gonna be able to stop file sharing! Not only on the internet either...
The facility is there on computers to copy and burn cd's... all that has to be done is copy a CD youve just bought and burn it to a blank CD and sell it on for a few quid!!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Cameron
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 07:58 PM

I'm okay with it, so long as you don't pirate LITTLE BANDS music, aka local music, unsigned, not a big signing labels. Bands that are struggling to get by need all the support you can give them, and that means buying their music

ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 08:15 PM

I don't encourage people to do it - Nor are you allowed to tell anyone how to/encourage participating in illegal activities just as a reminder.

But. I have done it myself multiple times. I don't have the money at all to buy my music. And I won't take some little band, who like lives off each CD and illegally download it. Not that I entirely think it's right but...

I really like how Coldplay is letting you download their CD off their site for free until their tour is over because of the economy. (As in, if you want it quick go download it )

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 08:39 PM

Haha now YOU my new best friend lmao! Have found a beauty of a free download! Thanks, seriously thank you for that! Woooo!

Definitely stealing off of smaller artists is wrong, but I dont know I guess bringing this up in an all teen community where just about everyone does it, or has done it was a mistake, but idk, as something in todays society it something that just really annoys me lol...

(#17 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 09:30 PM

Well, the internet company I'm on (Eircom) made some deal with the music industry, whereby the music people if they catch you downloading illegally, they notify Eircom. If they catch you doing it more than three times, they cut your internet off.

My cousin got caught twice. But he's stopped now.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 09:41 PM

Really?? Woah thats good.... but bad for him :S Woah no wonder hes stopped, as sorry as I am for your cousin, glad someones doing something about it!

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Cameron
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_nicola View Post
Well, the internet company I'm on (Eircom) made some deal with the music industry, whereby the music people if they catch you downloading illegally, they notify Eircom. If they catch you doing it more than three times, they cut your internet off.

My cousin got caught twice. But he's stopped now.
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)

(#20 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 10:55 PM

Nope, in France the same scheme is in place, three strikes and you loose internet... unless you were referring to downloading copyrighted stuff free... In which case, yes, yes it is

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 5th 2009, 11:04 PM

I really don't agree with it. I can honestly I never download films or music.

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Adam Offline
Stand in the rain...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 6th 2009, 03:54 PM

My view here isn't just about copyrighted music but about music / films / software etc. etc.

I can't say I fully advocate the downloading of copyrighted material illegaly, unless in certain circumstances. For example, I have quite a few CDs that became damaged in the flooding a few years back, so I downloaded them again from various sources. That is against copyright law, but what is better here? Having to go buy the music again or downloading it considering I have already paid for it.

Also, it isn't affecting the industry as bad as the media makes out. If I saw some £2,000 software and downloaded it, the vendor isn't losing out on £2,000 because I wouldn't have bought that software anyways. Infact, if other people saw me with that software it would act more of an advertisement, thus benefitting the community.

I don't agree with obtaining copyright material illegaly when you could just buy it anyways, unless you maybe download a song / album to see if it is what you like before purchasing it?

There is quite a few ways that illegaly downloading material is logical.

Katrina's NERD.
[/color] [/b][/color] [/right]

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jessica

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 6th 2009, 07:06 PM

I honestly can't say I've never downloaded music. In principle, I know it should be wrong, but when I think of how the artists I'm downloading are quite wealthy and living extravagant, millionaire lifestyles, it gets kind of hard to feel bad ripping them off a couple dollars.

Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius

(#24 (permalink)) Old
delilah Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 03:54 AM

hmm. i have a few views.
firstly, artists can still make money from touring. secondly, yeah it might not be AS much as they would get if we all bought there CDs but they still make plenty (esp the very famous ones with endorsements and clothing and other different products with there names used). Thirdly they have a fantastic job - they get to do their passion every day and make money out of it!

Forthly, i do understand, they should get all of the money they have earned, but frankly i don't care enough. If i really like the artist or really respect him/her, i'll pay for their cd, if not or if its just an old song and the artist is long gone (think buddy holly, elvis etc) I'll download.

edit - yeah agree with the post above me, if its a new up coming band/or somthing local i'll def pay..since i know they have to work a second job to get there cd's out there in the first place..
but if its some millionare..clearly they don't need my 2 buks anywau.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Aufschlitzer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 04:13 AM

I download a lot of music and if I like it, I also buy it.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 06:15 AM

1. Technology changes. For some reason, the big 4 do not want to accept that digital music encourages anonymous copying. They shut their eyes real tight, jam their fingers in their ears, and try to make example of individuals instead of acknowledging the progression.

2. Downloading/Internet helps promote new bands that wouldn't normally be recognized. If an artist would rather make money than spread his/her music...then I seriously question their integrity.

3. I have no remorse downloading music because the artist makes very, very little on record sales. Most of the money that bands make is through concerts and endorsements. If I like their music I'll go and see them.

I don't have to pay to look at a painting, I can just look it up on the internet. However, if I want to see it in a nice studio with a background, different interpretations, and see the artist, I need to pay. Same thing with music.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
2. Downloading/Internet helps promote new bands that wouldn't normally be recognized. If an artist would rather make money than spread his/her music...then I seriously question their integrity.

I don't have to pay to look at a painting, I can just look it up on the internet. However, if I want to see it in a nice studio with a background, different interpretations, and see the artist, I need to pay. Same thing with music.
I like the idea with the painting and so forth. That's a really good way to put it.

However. I think many people do do their jobs for the money. They just may like to do one thing more than another. I want to be a therapist, but I'll still need the money to y'know, live. But I will still love the working part anyway.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 03:50 PM

With music it's more debateable because most of their money isn't made that way.

However, with certain softwares/programs/games, this is the ONLY way they make profit. Here's an interesting article about a game which almost EVERYONE pirated...

Gamernode: News - World of Goo has 90% piracy rate

It's kind of sad too, because this was an independent party who made this game, only to literally have the money taken away from them.

I can't say I've never downloaded a game before, but usually if I like the game, I find a way to support the company. If by buying the actual game, or buying the sequel.

In essence, I'm not really worried so much about music downloading, but moreso software.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post
With music it's more debateable because most of their money isn't made that way.

However, with certain softwares/programs/games, this is the ONLY way they make profit. Here's an interesting article about a game which almost EVERYONE pirated...

Gamernode: News - World of Goo has 90% piracy rate

It's kind of sad too, because this was an independent party who made this game, only to literally have the money taken away from them.

I can't say I've never downloaded a game before, but usually if I like the game, I find a way to support the company. If by buying the actual game, or buying the sequel.

In essence, I'm not really worried so much about music downloading, but moreso software.
They didn't put any DRM on that on purpose. They figured people would steal the game anyway, so they at least could get their name out there. Besides its not like they haven't gotten ANY money.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 04:25 PM

The thing about illegal downloading (of music, video games, software, etc...) is that it causes the retail prices to go up.

It isn't just about the artist (in the case of music downloads) getting paid. There are also producers, managers, sound directors, and other working people involved in putting records out there. And those people can't get paid if their product isn't bringing in enough money.

In game developing there are hundreds of people working to get one game out there. So of course they have to bring the cost of the game up if too many people are illegally downloading the game for free.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
They didn't put any DRM on that on purpose. They figured people would steal the game anyway, so they at least could get their name out there. Besides its not like they haven't gotten ANY money.
I could understand how people could use piracy as a marketing technique...But still, losing 90% of your profit? That's got to suck....Hard. No matter how much you made with that 10%

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidig View Post
I like the idea with the painting and so forth. That's a really good way to put it.

However. I think many people do do their jobs for the money. They just may like to do one thing more than another. I want to be a therapist, but I'll still need the money to y'know, live. But I will still love the working part anyway.
You can make money in music, just need to tour. I don't really consider making music a 'real' job unless you actually have a salary and employer (like an orchestra musician or a music instructor). I shouldn't expect to get paid for just noodling around my guitar, I have other hobbies but I don't expect to get paid in them.

Plus when I download music, it's music that I would never consider buying. If I like it, I go buy the cd because I like the hard copies, pictures, and whatnot.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 05:15 PM

I'll admit I do download BUT most of the time I have the music already on CDs but I just can't be bothered to bring them from my mum's all the way to my dad's to put them on the computer, I don't see anything wrong with that as I have bought the CDs and it's more convenient than me dragging my whole CD collection back to my dad's.

Also, even if file sharing sites are all closed down (very unlikely) then MSN still lets you send files to your contacts so all people have to do is ask their friends or idk add a load of people from the internet to their contact list and do it that way.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 7th 2009, 11:09 PM

I guess reading some of these comments, the painting analogy is a good one, and thinking about it, the amount of songs some people have... Artists would never sell their songs to everyone who downloads them, some people just wouldnt be interested =/...

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 8th 2009, 05:25 AM

One of the issues is availability. If artists and producers made audio and video available for purchase and download, it would help cover some of the losses. Some.

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#36 (permalink)) Old
PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 8th 2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxers rock View Post
One of the issues is availability. If artists and producers made audio and video available for purchase and download, it would help cover some of the losses. Some.

That's what iTunes is for

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 8th 2009, 01:21 PM

I will admit I have downloaded stuff off of these sights. Usually a song or two off an album before deciding if its worthwhile to go and buy it. I tend to use Itunes a lot tho and haven't downloaded off the illegal sites in well over a year.

Anyway, in regards to small bands there is a website called bandcamp (google it since i can't remember the url) and they upload their music there. Many of which allowing you to download legally for free. Sort of advertising? Its really good some of the bands on there. You should check them out.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 8th 2009, 01:29 PM

Ah thanks Laura Will be sure to check that one out!

I agree with availability in some respects though! Some artists you can buy from, but their songs are on such strange sites you've never heard of, your not sure how legitimate they are... Having said that, as I've mentioned before, we7.com has a lot of songs...

(#39 (permalink)) Old
molliegym Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 8th 2009, 06:16 PM

To all those who think it's okay to ILLEGALLY download music: do you think it's okay to steal CDs (or to buy a CD, put the songs on your iPod, and return it)? Because that's basically what you're doing.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/MOLLYH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]A few clicks will help @TWLOHA win $1 Million for suicide prevention. Please share this with others. Vote here:http://bit.ly/7si7Be

My music

I never conquered, rarely came
Tomorrow holds such better days

Check out my blog, Cold Fusion, with music news, reviews, and other related musings.

Send a message via AIM to molliegym Send a message via MSN to molliegym  
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Illegal downloading of copyrighted material... - June 8th 2009, 06:28 PM

I mentioned before that I most of the things I download are things I already have. The other things I download are usually bands from other countries who don't have their CDs over here.

I also want to suggest an alternative for getting music cheaply, why not borrow CDs from your local library and rip them onto your computer. You can order practically anything and it only costs a couple of quid.

Closed Thread