TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Thurineth's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 1,140
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 03:32 PM

Yappy ending for puppy flushed down toilet - Yahoo! News UK

Poor dog!
Least it was a happy ending though
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Skeleton's Avatar
 
Name: Charlie
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: UK.

Posts: 4,545
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 03:35 PM

Aw, poor thing. At least they managed to get it back though!
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Rudnet's Avatar
 
Gender: Female
Location: SPUTNIK-1

Posts: 213
Join Date: March 2nd 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 03:48 PM

That brat. How could he? Even though he's just a kid at least he should have that much sense.

The poor puppy. It's good that he's alright now.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Thurineth's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 1,140
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudnet View Post
That brat. How could he? Even though he's just a kid at least he should have that much sense.
He's four years old! He didn't realise.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe
***
 
lvpeyton's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 158
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 04:13 PM

that is terrible. ugh. i get the kid was four, but jeez, the poor dog.


"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."


“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?
**********
 
MadPoet's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda.
Age: 24
Gender: Female.
Location: Michigan.

Posts: 4,685
Blog Entries: 121
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 05:22 PM

So he was four, but by four you still should have enough common sense not to flush a dog down a toilet





A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts


   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 05:52 PM

Aw, the poor puppy. Hm, well I did dumber things when I was four, he is just a little kid after all.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BeautyKills :O Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Average Joe
***
 
BeautyKills :O's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: In your pants.

Posts: 123
Join Date: January 19th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 06:31 PM

The kid even blamed his twin for getting the dog dirty and he wanted to make a good deed by flushing the dog down the toilet, lmao. Awww, kids these days Poor dog though, its a miracle he was still alive after being stuck there for nearly four hours.


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
— Maya Angelou
  Send a message via MSN to BeautyKills :O  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 07:08 PM

I can understand the reasoning in his four year old mind. I'm sure he didn't think it would go down the toilet, he was just turning the spin cycle on. I'm sure he feels horrible and at least the dog is okay.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
xxJesus_Freakxx <3's Avatar
 
Name: cassieee.
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: somewhere over the rainbow.

Posts: 493
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 15th 2009, 08:35 PM

baha, i would do something dumber than that now and i'm seventeen :P
he's just a kid and was trying to help he probably feels bad and at least the puppy is okayy!


when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 16th 2009, 03:12 AM

That's horrible! That poor puppy.

Also, that kid has stupidity issues. Hm well if it sucks thing down it definitely won't suck this tiny puppy down!

Not to mention, where the hell was this kid's parents? People shouldn't get puppies if they're busy taking care of idiotic children. I hate it when parents buy puppies for their little children. Think of what is best for the dog. It isn't a plaything; it's a living creature. You can't give a puppy the attention it needs when you're taking care of toddlers. Not just that, but why were they letting the toddlers take care of the dog without supervision? That's how these things happen.

This made me feel sick when I read it.

Also, the puppy was one week old. WTF.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

Last edited by Toast; June 16th 2009 at 07:24 PM.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 16th 2009, 05:00 AM

Poor dog, but you can't really blame the kid for it, he is 4 he is far away from the age of reason.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
love2laugh Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
love2laugh's Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Posts: 413
Join Date: January 13th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 16th 2009, 05:33 AM

I'm glad the puppy is okay. I can't believe they're giving it BACK to the same famialy though. I know it was an accident, and the kid was 4... but still, they should find a better home for it.


Drop me a PM anytime, about anything!
I would love to talk to you!
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Gidig's Avatar
 
Name: Maria
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 2,123
Blog Entries: 390
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 16th 2009, 07:07 AM

Aw poor kid!
And poor puppy!

Haha this is a bit humorous though. As long as the puppy is okay.



The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 16th 2009, 07:11 AM

I understand that the kid, although a moron is only 4-years old, what is the purpose of giving back the puppy? Perhaps the kid will have another crack at it? If you're stupid enough to think that the toilet is a "spin-cycle" once, then chances are, you're stupid enough to do it again or something similar. Although, I cant say that the animal welfare officers are giving a shining ray of intelligence, I'm debating who seems to be stupider, the moronic 4-year old kid or the adult animal welfare officers and the parents.

Blame the brother... I blame the moron and the moron's parents.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Thurineth's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 1,140
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 16th 2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
I understand that the kid, although a moron is only 4-years old, what is the purpose of giving back the puppy? Perhaps the kid will have another crack at it? If you're stupid enough to think that the toilet is a "spin-cycle" once, then chances are, you're stupid enough to do it again or something similar. Although, I cant say that the animal welfare officers are giving a shining ray of intelligence, I'm debating who seems to be stupider, the moronic 4-year old kid or the adult animal welfare officers and the parents.

Blame the brother... I blame the moron and the moron's parents.
I find you calling them all morons a tad harsh. I also seen it on the news last night, and the kid was almost in tears about it. He only meant to clean it, think about it, where is it easiest for a four year old to reach water? It was an accident and I dont' think there will be a repeat of it to be honest.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
I find you calling them all morons a tad harsh. I also seen it on the news last night, and the kid was almost in tears about it. He only meant to clean it, think about it, where is it easiest for a four year old to reach water? It was an accident and I dont' think there will be a repeat of it to be honest.
I don't find it too harsh. The animal welfare officers, what light are they casting? Clear sign of animal abuse (I would count flushing a dog down the drain animal abuse regardless of how smart or old the person was) and they go to return the animal to the owners... . That to me is completely moronic.

The kid, although 4 and most 4-year olds are not geniuses, I find it hard to believe that most would flush the toilet while a small puppy is in it. Hence, moronic.

The parents, they or a guardian should have been around, and since they were (at least the mother was), they don't cast a light of being moronic.

The brother, no information on him but he was blamed anyways by the moronic 4-year old kid.

So, it still stands, the 4-year old kid and the animal welfare officers were complete morons. The brother, no info. from the link. The parents, they should have been around sooner but they were quick enough, so it's debatable about them being morons.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
I don't find it too harsh. The animal welfare officers, what light are they casting? Clear sign of animal abuse (I would count flushing a dog down the drain animal abuse regardless of how smart or old the person was) and they go to return the animal to the owners... . That to me is completely moronic.

The kid, although 4 and most 4-year olds are not geniuses, I find it hard to believe that most would flush the toilet while a small puppy is in it. Hence, moronic.

The parents, they or a guardian should have been around, and since they were (at least the mother was), they don't cast a light of being moronic.

The brother, no information on him but he was blamed anyways by the moronic 4-year old kid.

So, it still stands, the 4-year old kid and the animal welfare officers were complete morons. The brother, no info. from the link. The parents, they should have been around sooner but they were quick enough, so it's debatable about them being morons.
Have you ever MET a four year old?!! Because I have worked in a pre-school and I can confidently tell you that 4 year olds do *stupid* things all the time. They are just little kids. Four year olds can't even tie their shoelaces. How do you expect them to be able to know that a puppy can be flushed down the toilet?

And parents cannot watch their kids 24/7. This was clearly an accident. The kid knows better now and the dog will be fine.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Have you ever MET a four year old?!! Because I have worked in a pre-school and I can confidently tell you that 4 year olds do *stupid* things all the time. They are just little kids. Four year olds can't even tie their shoelaces. How do you expect them to be able to know that a puppy can be flushed down the toilet?

And parents cannot watch their kids 24/7. This was clearly an accident. The kid knows better now and the dog will be fine.
That's wonderful that you've worked with pre-schoolers and yes, I have met many young kids, including 4-year olds. I never said that they don't do stupid things, however, seeing as how the puppy is very small and small things go bye-bye down the drain, I assume that someone that young could put two-and-two together.

The dog will be fine? Unless you have a time-traveling device, can you tell me how you are able to know the future, not predict or estimate, as you're not doing those, but actually know the exact outcome.

You're right, the parents cannot watch the kids 24/7, and I do applaud them on the fact that the mother was quick enough to react properly and call the proper individuals to rescue the dog.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
That's wonderful that you've worked with pre-schoolers and yes, I have met many young kids, including 4-year olds. I never said that they don't do stupid things, however, seeing as how the puppy is very small and small things go bye-bye down the drain, I assume that someone that young could put two-and-two together.

The dog will be fine? Unless you have a time-traveling device, can you tell me how you are able to know the future, not predict or estimate, as you're not doing those, but actually know the exact outcome.

You're right, the parents cannot watch the kids 24/7, and I do applaud them on the fact that the mother was quick enough to react properly and call the proper individuals to rescue the dog.
How can you say in one breath that you know 4 year olds do stupid things and then say in another breath that it's fair to assume one would know better? A puppy looks big to a 4 year old, so it's not obvious to them that it will fit through the hole. ESPECIALLY boys, who tend to be hyper and impulsive (which lowers thinking ability).

Way to twist my words. Of course nobody can predict the future. It IS however SAFE TO SAY the dog will PROBABLY be safe, because the KID KNOWS BETTER NOW and the parents will probably be keeping a closer eye on the kid and the dog. Unless there are other incidents of the kid doing things to hurt animals, which there doesn't appear to be, it is safe to say this was an innocent, one-time only accident.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
How can you say in one breath that you know 4 year olds do stupid things and then say in another breath that it's fair to assume one would know better? A puppy looks big to a 4 year old, so it's not obvious to them that it will fit through the hole. ESPECIALLY boys, who tend to be hyper and impulsive (which lowers thinking ability).
Perhaps because there are different actions that can be ranked at different levels of stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Way to twist my words. Of course nobody can predict the future. It IS however SAFE TO SAY the dog will PROBABLY be safe, because the KID KNOWS BETTER NOW and the parents will probably be keeping a closer eye on the kid and the dog. Unless there are other incidents of the kid doing things to hurt animals, which there doesn't appear to be, it is safe to say this was an innocent, one-time only accident.
Twist your words? I took the literal interpretation (something all writing, etc.. is subjected to).
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
Perhaps because there are different actions that can be ranked at different levels of stupidity.
He is four freaking years old. Like I said, they can't even tie their shoelaces at that age. It is ridiculous to expect them to be able to judge that a puppy can fit through the hole in the toilet and the pressure is enough to suck the puppy down. If you sat there and talked them through it they could probably figure it out, but on a whim yeah right. It's unfortunate that a puppy was involved in this case, but I assure you regular healthy 4 year old do these kinds of things (just usually not to animals) ALL the time.



Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
Twist your words? I took the literal interpretation (something all writing, etc.. is subjected to).
Use your common sense. When someone says "I'm sure", it doesn't mean I KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT. Obviously nobody can know what the future hold for 100%. "I'm sure" just means "I'm confident" or "it's safe to say".


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
I assure you regular healthy 4 year old do these kinds of things (just usually not to animals) ALL the time.
The bold is the difference-maker here. I'm not talking about flushing down a little toy or something, I'm talking about a living, breathing being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Use your common sense. When someone says "I'm sure", it doesn't mean I KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT. Obviously nobody can know what the future hold for 100%. "I'm sure" just means "I'm confident" or "it's safe to say".
Common sense tells me that everything can be interpreted in different ways. You're giving one interpretation, I'm giving another. It's very basic literary skills.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
The bold is the difference-maker here. I'm not talking about flushing down a little toy or something, I'm talking about a living, breathing being.
The point is the same though. Four year olds don't know any better, whether it's in regards to animals or objects. And I assure you children do things to animals all the time. They pull tails, cut whiskers, put cats in the dryer, lock animals in cupboards, feed dogs chocolate, and god knows what else. Most of the time things don't reach a serious level, but sometimes they do. Kids at that age just don't get it. Their logic abilities haven't developed yet. That doesn't make them morons. They are learning. These are normal things for that age. Anyways, it doesn't look like we are going to come to an agreement on this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
Common sense tells me that everything can be interpreted in different ways. You're giving one interpretation, I'm giving another. It's very basic literary skills.
You're smart enough to know what I meant. Besides that, you had to know pointing out such a thing is meaningless and a little rude. Perhaps you should learn to just address the point or don't bother saying anything at all.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
The point is the same though. Four year olds don't know any better, whether it's in regards to animals or objects. And I assure you children do things to animals all the time. They pull tails, cut whiskers, put cats in the dryer, lock animals in cupboards, feed dogs chocolate, and god knows what else. Most of the time things don't reach a serious level, but sometimes they do. Kids at that age just don't get it. Their logic abilities haven't developed yet. That doesn't make them morons. They are learning. These are normal things for that age. Anyways, it doesn't look like we are going to come to an agreement on this.
Four-year olds learn quite a lot quite fast. However, understanding that the toilet is only for poo-poo or pee-pee (or perhaps barfy-barfy) is not something that would seem too hard to learn even at that age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
You're smart enough to know what I meant. Besides that, you had to know pointing out such a thing is meaningless and a little rude. Perhaps you should learn to just address the point or don't bother saying anything at all.
My point is you can interpret things in more than one way. In interpreted it in a different way and you got all pissy over the fact that something can be interpreted in more than one way, especially if the other way is not the one you intended. Be more open-minded.

LOL, but love your logic... you call me rude so you respond in a rude way also. Perhaps that will eliminate the rudeness, or what is the goal of that?
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
Four-year olds learn quite a lot quite fast. However, understanding that the toilet is only for poo-poo or pee-pee (or perhaps barfy-barfy) is not something that would seem too hard to learn even at that age.
The kid DID learn. He has said he is sorry and he won't do it again. We all learn from our mistakes, and that's exactly what the kid did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
My point is you can interpret things in more than one way. In interpreted it in a different way and you got all pissy over the fact that something can be interpreted in more than one way, especially if the other way is not the one you intended. Be more open-minded.

LOL, but love your logic... you call me rude so you respond in a rude way also. Perhaps that will eliminate the rudeness, or what is the goal of that?
I didn't feel like it was a misinterpretation. It felt like you were just taking a stab at me and trying to avoid addressing my point. I'm sorry if I was wrong in feeling like that.

Yeah yeah I'm sorry I was a little rude, but it's hard not to be sometimes. I have noticed that you pick at the things people say that have nothing to do with the topic on hand. That bothers me because it really is unecessary and takes away from the debate.

Anyway I don't have anything else to say on this topic. We disagree and that isn't going to change.


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
<:3 )~ Offline
squeak
Average Joe
***
 
<:3 )~'s Avatar
 
Name: olivia
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Across the Universe

Posts: 195
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: May 26th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Daniel has apologised, blaming his twin brother for getting the dog dirty and saying: "I had to give him a wash. I'm so, so sorry. I won't do it again."
That made me laugh just because I work with four year-olds. :P A lot of them do know right from wrong rather vaguely, but, at least I find, they seem not "tuned in" with how the world works and proper consequences. That would explain the logic in cleaning the dog by flushing it in the toilet.


Live and let live.
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Thurineth's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 1,140
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 08:44 AM

He thought he was doing good.

Four year olds do daft things all the time though. My brother used to put worms in a jam jar full of soap to "wash them" and he would have been about 5/6.


And also, Animal abuse? I wouldn't call it that. It wasn't done to deliberately hurt the pup.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while
********
 
ThrashAttack's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Edge of Oblivion

Posts: 1,375
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 10th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I don't find it too harsh. The animal welfare officers, what light are they casting? Clear sign of animal abuse (I would count flushing a dog down the drain animal abuse regardless of how smart or old the person was) and they go to return the animal to the owners... . That to me is completely moronic.

The kid, although 4 and most 4-year olds are not geniuses, I find it hard to believe that most would flush the toilet while a small puppy is in it. Hence, moronic.

The parents, they or a guardian should have been around, and since they were (at least the mother was), they don't cast a light of being moronic.

The brother, no information on him but he was blamed anyways by the moronic 4-year old kid.

So, it still stands, the 4-year old kid and the animal welfare officers were complete morons. The brother, no info. from the link. The parents, they should have been around sooner but they were quick enough, so it's debatable about them being morons.
Stop going on the warpath and stop starting flamewars. You where not even there and the kid is only 4 years old. You cant blame a four year old kid for doing something like that. I bet that when you were that age you did some daft things.
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkiller7 View Post
Stop going on the warpath and stop starting flamewars. You where not even there and the kid is only 4 years old. You cant blame a four year old kid for doing something like that. I bet that when you were that age you did some daft things.
I did do plenty of things at that age, however, this is not about me, it's about that 4-year old kid. I can blame the kid, him being young doesn't excuse him for everything he does.
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 05:33 PM

Perhaps the kid didn't know any better, but that's no excuse for a living creature suffering, especially a baby. If he had flushed a one week old human baby down the toilet, I'm sure you wouldn't be so sympathetic. That dog is probably going to be scarred for the rest of its life. Before anyone says anything, yes dogs do remember traumatic events. A dog I used to have, Oreo, was from the SPCA. We don't know what happened to her because she was found wandering, but she was really really scared of certain things. She also hated cages because of her time spent at the SPCA. Dogs remember.

Don't buy a puppy for four year olds. Kids have no idea how to take care of a dog. Where the hell were the parents? Don't buy a puppy if you don't have enough time for it. I hate how stupid some people are.

I think it's still animal abuse even though the kid didn't intend to hurt the puppy. Poor dog, it certainly shouldn't have been given back to them. Has anyone read of Mice and Men? Would you keep giving Lenny puppies? Stupidity and ignorance is not an excuse for anything. 4 year olds can't take care of a baby. A one week old puppy is a baby.

God people are stupid. The first time I read this article I felt sick, and it's the only thing on TH debates that has made me feel sick.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while
********
 
Kumagoro's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 1,567
Blog Entries: 14
Join Date: March 30th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 07:24 PM

I don't think the kid's a "moron". He's four years old. Really young kids think differently to adults. They're not stupid, but their minds don't work the same way. I know a lot of families want a dog and a cat and kids and live happily and all that, but let's learn from this: one week old puppies and four year old toddlers aren't always a good mix!




   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Gingerbread Latte's Avatar
 
Name: Cara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Scotland

Posts: 6,716
Blog Entries: 136
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 07:35 PM

Maybe the kid though the toilet was a washing machine for dogs. Poor dog =[ it's good it wasn't hurt and that they got it back in the end.


   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Pour the Teapot's Avatar
 
Name: Chloe
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Happy

Posts: 761
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 07:53 PM

gack! that picture is so creepy!
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Kryptonite's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Gender: Male

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 08:16 PM

Lol, a kid's natural response to something he's done wrong is "HE DID IT", and not take responsibility. When I read the title of this thread I said "Whaaaat?" outloud. Haha.


Alex
[Click to PM me.]


"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If I’m alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
I’ll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3




   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Penguin Queen's Avatar
 
Name: Annie
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 509
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 17th 2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
I understand that the kid, although a moron is only 4-years old, what is the purpose of giving back the puppy? Perhaps the kid will have another crack at it? If you're stupid enough to think that the toilet is a "spin-cycle" once, then chances are, you're stupid enough to do it again or something similar. Although, I cant say that the animal welfare officers are giving a shining ray of intelligence, I'm debating who seems to be stupider, the moronic 4-year old kid or the adult animal welfare officers and the parents.

Blame the brother... I blame the moron and the moron's parents.
Apart from anything else, the puppy still needs to be with its mother. And it sounds like the kid went to their parents, straight away, and they did all they could to get it out, so all in all they were very responsible in the situation.




fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right



LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN


   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 18th 2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecryingangel View Post
Apart from anything else, the puppy still needs to be with its mother. And it sounds like the kid went to their parents, straight away, and they did all they could to get it out, so all in all they were very responsible in the situation.
I've said this over and over, the parents are not morons. I acknowledged the fact that they were quick enough to react, so why this is harped on and on is beyond me. The real issue is with the kid and the dog, that's where the problem lies.
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
eunoia's Avatar
 
Name: Jes
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 5,888
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 18th 2009, 01:45 AM

I'm glad the puppy was okay. I'm sure the kid feels awful for what he's done.



Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 18th 2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
I've said this over and over, the parents are not morons.
I think they are. Why would you leave a one week old puppy very muddy puppy with a toddler? Usually parents don't want muddy puppies in the house, so you'd think they would wash the dog themselves when the dog and kid came in. This makes me question, how long were the puppy and the toddlers without supervision? The only other option is that they trusted a toddler to bathe a puppy, which is also moronic. Is there anything else that could have happened? In my opinion, leaving a puppy unattended with a toddler and letting a toddler bathe a puppy without supervision are both moronic things to do. Is there any way other than those two that this could have happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Ghost View Post
Maybe the kid though the toilet was a washing machine for dogs. Poor dog =[ it's good it wasn't hurt and that they got it back in the end.
How do you know it wasn't hurt? I'll bet the puppy is going to be scarred for life. Also, they shouldn't have gotten it back. If you can't take care of a puppy enough that you let your kid flush it down a toilet, you shouldn't own one.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

Last edited by Toast; June 18th 2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Puppy flushed down toilet. - June 18th 2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I think they are. Why would you leave a one week old puppy very muddy puppy with a toddler? Usually parents don't want muddy puppies in the house, so you'd think they would wash the dog themselves when the dog and kid came in. This makes me question, how long were the puppy and the toddlers without supervision? The only other option is that they trusted a toddler to bathe a puppy, which is also moronic. Is there anything else that could have happened? In my opinion, leaving a puppy unattended with a toddler and letting a toddler bathe a puppy without supervision are both moronic things to do. Is there any way other than those two that this could have happened?
I agree with you on this, however, the article did mention that the mother quickly rushed over, called the plumber and such to rescue the dog. So to me, it sounds like they were close-by but were not supervising the toddler. I find that rather stupid because they could've washed the dog themselves but they didn't completely leave the kid alone with the dog for a long time.

Could anything else have happened? Seeing as how the kid flushed the dog, I'm sure a long list of other things could have happened.

Although, now that you mention it, I am unsure if I agree with you about them being morons also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
How do you know it wasn't hurt? I'll bet the puppy is going to be scarred for life. Also, they shouldn't have gotten it back. If you can't take care of a puppy enough that you let your kid flush it down a toilet, you shouldn't own one.
I don't understand why they got it back either. To me it's animal abuse, unintentional though but nonetheless, it's animal abuse. I was under the impression that animal welfare officers are supposed to stop animal abuse instead of give the dog back to the abuser and their family.

You can give the argument that it may not happen again but that does not deny the fact that the dog was abused. I don't think that having a fun trip down the drain and sewer would be all too pleasant.

I also don't understand why the family took the dog back. The dog was very young so they couldn't have had it for that long and within a short amount of time, it gets flushed. At that point, the family should have reconsidered having the dog around or if they do wish to keep it, then supervise the kid a hell of a lot more.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
flushed, puppy, toilet

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.