TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
InMyTimeOfDying Offline
Beautiful Insanity<3
Average Joe
***
 
InMyTimeOfDying's Avatar
 
Name: Katie.
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: little mexico :P

Posts: 150
Blog Entries: 8
Join Date: May 24th 2009

Arrow YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 12:14 AM

do you like barack obama? do you think hes helping this country?


Every exit is an entrance somewhere else.
  Send a message via Skype™ to InMyTimeOfDying 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 12:16 AM

I think that given enough time he will help this country out a lot. Unfortunately, things take time, and the lot of people who are talking crap about him are ridiculously impatient.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 01:00 AM

To be honest, I really can't judge because I know absolutely nothing about politics -- nor do I care (even though I should be deeply concerned). I don't pay attention to the news, so I have no idea what Obama is doing now. But I believe that he and the judicial system will do better than George Bush.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
TakeTheLeap's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,309
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 01:09 AM

I'll probably be the only one to say this... But, to be completely honest, I think he's taking us all to hell in a hand basket. I understand that it takes time for plans to work, but when all I've heard about what he and his administration are spending in order to "fix the problem," I just get sick to my stomach. Yes, I realize things may have to get worse before they can get better. Still, in history, I have yet to hear/read about a country that spends/taxes itself into prosperity.
They're passing laws left and right. It's as if they don't even read and think about everything in each bill and think about what they're signing into law.
It's not just Obama or his administration. It's all of Washington. Our government has become so corrupt - it's all about making empty promises to get votes. They care about their position more than they do about the welfare of the country. I can't think of one politician that actually HONESTLY wants to do what they think is best for the country - they're more concerned about the votes.


ďDon't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi


Last edited by TakeTheLeap; July 3rd 2009 at 01:17 AM.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
slickguy55 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
slickguy55's Avatar
 

Posts: 151
Join Date: June 17th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 02:53 AM

No Emily, your not the only one. And I'm gonna take it even further. These children need education.

Barrack Obama is a clear, naked Marxist. This is so clear that it is sickening. One of Fidel Castro's first moves after he seized control was to establish universal health care, and now cuba has some of the worst medical facilities in the world, because the government got involved where they shouldn't have. And now this is what Obama wants to do.

In a socialist or communist government, the government takes control of industry and the market. Now Obama is the CEO of GM, he now controls the auto industry, and he is controlling wall street.

In a socialist/communist government, they control the media. Obama wants the Fairness Doctrine in place. Which would force conservative radio hosts to present a different view point, however it would not make liberal shows like NPR feature conservative view points. And it wouldn't effect TV or newspapers because they are liberal enough. The law would only affect ONE view point from ONE media outlet. It is insane.

And what does Obama mean by his "Private Civilian Military Organization" that he mentioned in his speeches? And why should it ONLY ANSWER TO HIM? and why should it be just as well funded at the military? and what is the difference between this "civilian army" and the coast guard or national guard? It sounds dangerously close to Hitler's SA. Don't believe me? Pick up a history book. Not to mention that he wants to make MANDATORY programs for the youth of America, and in these programs they will be educated and issued government uniforms, this sounds dangerously close to what Stalin did in the Soviet Union.

Now you are asking, "If this were true, the people would know, and wouldn't vote for him". Wake up. He was elected because he disguised himself as another FDR or Kennedy. He was elected because people did not want another Bush, not because they wanted socialism. Now you are saying "You must have liked McCain", actually I did not like McCain. I thought McCain was weak and that he didn't ask Obama the tough questions. I voted for McCain only because it was better than voting for a Marxist.

Don't believe me? Look up my points. And I didn't even mention Lennon's theory on how to bring Socialism to the West through slow infiltration of the government, schools, media, and churches. I didn't even mention Bill Ayers, who Obama served on a political neighborhood committee with. Bill Ayers of course being the man who put bombs on police cars, and was quoted saying he thinks 20 million Americans need to be liquidated like the jews in WWII. And yeah, him and Obama share view points. Not saying a holocaust is going to happen in America, it doesn't need to.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,305
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy55 View Post
No Emily, your not the only one. And I'm gonna take it even further. These children need education.

Barrack Obama is a clear, naked Marxist. This is so clear that it is sickening. One of Fidel Castro's first moves after he seized control was to establish universal health care, and now cuba has some of the worst medical facilities in the world, because the government got involved where they shouldn't have. And now this is what Obama wants to do.
If you're going to try to 'educate' us children, you'll need to back up your claims. Cuba has some of the worst healthcare in the world, and it's because of their evil fascist government? Let's look at some references, shall we?

According to the UN, infant mortality in 2000-2005 was 6.1 per 1,000 live births in Cuba, compared to 6.8 in the USA. In 2000-2005 life expectancy in Cuba was 77.2 years, compared to 77.4 in the USA. Cuba had the third-highest number of doctors per capita in Latin America (higher than in the United Kingdom or Finland). Mortality rate was third lowest in the entire world. Also according to the UN, any severe material shortages are almost certainly due to the United States and their ridiculous embargo policy.

According to WHO, the chance of a Cuban child dying under the age of five is 7 in 1000, compared to 8 in 1000 in the US. Cubans have life expectancies of 75 years for males and 79 years for females, as oppose to 75 for males and 80 for females in the US. Cuba's infant mortality rate is lower than the US's, 5 deaths per thousand compared to 7 deaths per thousand. Cuba has nearly twice the amount of doctors as the US - 5.91 doctors per 1000 people compared to 2.56 doctors per thousand people.

Cuba is doing quite well, considering how hard the United States is trying to make things with embargo. So please, point out to me how Cuba has some of the worst health care in the world? Because I'm not getting it from UN and WHO's figures.

http://www.un.org/esa/population/pub...lights_rev.pdf

WHO | Cuba

It's fantastic if Obama wants to introduce universal healthcare to the United States - the US is the only wealthy, industrialized country that hasn't implemented it.

Quote:
Barrack Obama is a clear, naked Marxist. This is so clear that it is sickening.
I'm sorry, but this part made me laugh. Are we still in the 50s with all the "better dead than red" campaigns and propaganda?


Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Grizabella; June 18th 2009 at 03:40 AM.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: Mťxico

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Emily~ View Post
Our government has become so corrupt - it's all about making empty promises to get votes.

You think your government is corrupt, come live to Mexico then you will see what a corrupt government is...


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 03:30 AM

I hope this health care works.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 03:46 AM

Yes, please, educate us children. We r in nead of hellp.

First of all, stop waving the "OH NOES COMMUNISM" flag while pretending there's actually wind moving it.

The truth is, a healthy blend of Capitalism and Communism/Socialism would actually be a GOOD thing for the country. This "free trade free trade! communism is evil!" mentality that so many people have boggles my mind.

The Soviet Union was communist, and it did fine until about 19 years ago. And it didn't collapse because it was a communist state, it collapsed because we bankrupted them with the help of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and then challenged them to another Arms race with which they could not keep up, even with making a hard right turn into capitalist land with "Perestroika". (Thank you Reagan, the only real good you've done.)

But I mean, I guess you like the idea of millions of people being turned away from hospitals and suffering because because they don't have insurance and/or twenty grand a year to blow on medical treatments. Well they should have money, if not it's their own damn fault. Medical care SHOULD be a business, because it's money that matters.
Ye-...no.

We, as a country, need to explore every option available to us to bring us out of this hole we've dug ourselves in, and frankly, pointing the finger and crying CONSPIRACY Does. Not. Help.

Second of all, your SA/Hitler theory is complete and utter speculation. He's talking about a mixture of reforming education and getting the youth of America more involved with their communities. This does not include your image of racial purges, military training, and eventual execution because he "changed his mind" (look up more info on the SA).

The problem with this country, is that it lacks balance. Every 4-8 god damn years, the government pulls a complete 180 in terms of spending and legislative process. The country as a whole has lost focus, and has instead relied on political Russian Roulette to make its decisions.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
no.ordinary.dreamer's Avatar
 
Name: Samantha
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Posts: 358
Join Date: May 29th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 03:56 AM

i hate him. His new plan for "ObamaCare" is ridiculous. He isnt as intelligent as he sounds either. When he doesnt have a TelePrompTer he cant form a coherent sentence. He also doesnt understand that Kim Jung Il is going to do whatever he pleases because he is psychotic. Sending a "strongly worded letter to him" is going to do nothing. He will start a nuclear war happily unless he sees us using force against him. I have lived in other countries that have had socialized medicine (Obamacare is worse but the principle is basically the same) and have experienced first hand how screwed up it is. I know it sounds "fair" but it doesnt do anyone any good. And he says the only people that will have higher taxes is the people making 250,000 or more is a lie. Because that is impossible if you crunch the numbers because the cost to do everything he wants to do is too high so the little guy is going to be just as screwed as the bigger guy in the end. My dad has been reading books and articles by an economist (i cant recall is name right now) who is predicting that we are going to fall into a depression that is WORSE than the great depression.
I didnt like Bush all that much but atleast you know what he was saying was the truth because he couldnt talk very well and he didnt have the mentality to lie. But what is the scariest thing about Obama is that he can lie, he can say anything and make it sound good (as long as he has a TelePrompTer) you cant tell if he is telling the truth or not.


~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 03:59 AM

I think North Korea has the worst Government not being able to provide food for everyone in there country.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
no.ordinary.dreamer's Avatar
 
Name: Samantha
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Posts: 358
Join Date: May 29th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:01 AM

Obama spent triple the national debt in his first couple weeks in office! NO other president did that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
I think North Korea has the worst Government not being able to provide food for everyone in there country.
They do have the worst government. My dad has traveled to south koreas for business and he walked to the border of the north korea and south korea and saw that north korea had machine guns, bombs, ect. lined up facing towards south korea because they are afraid that south korea will invade them when in truth south korea hates north korea but they have no plan to invade them because they would rather not have anything to do with kim jung il and his crazy government.


~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

Last edited by no.ordinary.dreamer; June 18th 2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.ordinary.dreamer View Post
i hate him. His new plan for "ObamaCare" is ridiculous. He isnt as intelligent as he sounds either. When he doesnt have a TelePrompTer he cant form a coherent sentence. He also doesnt understand that Kim Jung Il is going to do whatever he pleases because he is psychotic. Sending a "strongly worded letter to him" is going to do nothing. He will start a nuclear war happily unless he sees us using force against him. I have lived in other countries that have had socialized medicine (Obamacare is worse but the principle is basically the same) and have experienced first hand how screwed up it is. I know it sounds "fair" but it doesnt do anyone any good.
Bush couldn't form a coherent sentence even WITH a teleprompter. I have yet to see Obama say/do any of the things in speeches you say he has.

Do you really want another war? Kim Jung Il, above everything else, simply wants to be respected and considered a major player in world events. I'm not saying he ISN'T a psychopathic dictator, but calling him one to his face and threatening to backhand him is not how you deal with that kind of a person. I personally don't WANT a war with NK, but I know that if they try anything it'll last probably a week. We have enough hardware set to deploy on the 38th parallel that we could vitrify the area.

Besides, we've been in a shitty war for 9 years, why in god's name would Obama want to start the cycle over again?

Also, I'm interested in what country(ies) you lived in that had a socialist medical system that sucked.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,305
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
I have lived in other countries that have had socialized medicine (Obamacare is worse but the principle is basically the same) and have experienced first hand how screwed up it is.
I currently live in Canada - our evil, communist, socialized healthcare system is working just great for me.

Quote:
I didnt like Bush all that much but atleast you know what he was saying was the truth because he couldnt talk very well and he didnt have the mentality to lie.
Ok, let me get this straight - you're criticizing Obama for having the utterly ridiculous need of using a teleprompter, but at the same time defending Bush for not being able to string together coherent sentences?

Quote:
He also doesnt understand that Kim Jung Il is going to do whatever he pleases because he is psychotic. Sending a "strongly worded letter to him" is going to do nothing. He will start a nuclear war happily unless he sees us using force against him.
Sending a strongly worded letter is not going to do anything, I agree. But what's going to make Kim Jong Il start a nuclear war is if the country he hates pisses him off by trying to forcefully take him over.


Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:10 AM

Eh, I think he's too young. He should have been elected later.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:15 AM

Not only the Food issue but NK reminds me of the Nazi Regime. Wouldn't surprise me if those work camps they have are actually Death camps like Auschwitz..


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:20 AM

When I was a senior, I was in AP Broadcasting and I was an anchor for my school news for a week. I was also the weatherman. The difference? Anchor has a teleprompter and weatherman does not. There's a significant difference, and even with a camera pointing at you...most people are at a loss of words. Having the spotlight on you in front of millions of people is NOT easy. I'm glad that Obama uses a teleprompter...I think that ALL presidents should use a teleprompter for EVERYTHING.

But not liking a president for partly not being able to "form coherent sentences" is kind of, in my opinion, ridiculous. That's like a teacher telling her students to create an essay without using the back-space -- it's almost impossible. I don't care how intelligent you are -- when you're in the spotlight and you don't rely on a teleprompter, you're most likely going to make a mistake.

With that being said, I seriously don't think that Obama is going to send us to a GREATER depression. I think it's pretty bad now that businesses are filing for bankruptcy, but worse than the Great Depression? Seriously?
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
no.ordinary.dreamer's Avatar
 
Name: Samantha
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Posts: 358
Join Date: May 29th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Bush couldn't form a coherent sentence even WITH a teleprompter. I have yet to see Obama say/do any of the things in speeches you say he has.

Do you really want another war? Kim Jung Il, above everything else, simply wants to be respected and considered a major player in world events. I'm not saying he ISN'T a psychopathic dictator, but calling him one to his face and threatening to backhand him is not how you deal with that kind of a person. I personally don't WANT a war with NK, but I know that if they try anything it'll last probably a week. We have enough hardware set to deploy on the 38th parallel that we could vitrify the area.

Besides, we've been in a shitty war for 9 years, why in god's name would Obama want to start the cycle over again?

Also, I'm interested in what country(ies) you lived in that had a socialist medical system that sucked.
He has a telepromter during his speeches. You have to watch interviews and clips from when news networks have come up and asked him questions because then he doesnt have a telepromter.

Of course i dont want another war!!!! And no you shouldnt be rude to him but when he sent up that first rocket we should or shot it down so he knew we arnt going to let him walk all over us.

I lived in Canada and England. The mother of one of the guys that used to work for my dad lived in Canada but when on vacation in Florida she had a heart attack. When she went back to Canada after she was treated in the U.S. her doctor said that if she was in Canada when she had her heart attack she probably would have died because they donít have the time, space, money, resources, or enough god doctors to treat her. Another example of the problems of universal healthcare is that my dad had a kidney stone when living in Canada. There werenít enough rooms so he was stuck on a gurney in the hallway for several days. Eventually his blood started becoming toxic and his only options were to go the U.S. or plead with the hospital to get a urologist to come and treat him. At that point in time that week there were only 3 urologists on call for emergencies for the city of Montreal. Bare in mind that Montreal is one of the largest cities in Canada. My mom argued with the hospital enough to finally get a urologist in to treat him.
England has both a national and private healthcare system(universal healthcare and doctors own private practices) the worst of the worst are in the national/universal healthcare system and the best doctors make more money in the private so they stay there the crappy doctors dont have private practices because they arnt good enough to stay in business. It is so expensive to see a doctor that is in the private healthcare that the majority of people get stuck with the crappy doctors.
I cant remember if it was Canada or England but i know for a fact that one of them has a "acceptable number of deaths" for each year because they dont have the money or space in there hospitals to treat everyone properly.
Canadians pay a premium of 96 dollars each month plus 55% of their earnings go to taxes just to pay for universal healthcare. Diabetics in Canada pay for needles because they arenít covered under the healthcare system but drug users get them for free because they are trying to reduce the diseases caused by needle sharing.

I was actually born in Canada too


~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

Last edited by no.ordinary.dreamer; June 18th 2009 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Grizabella's Avatar
 
Name: Jessica
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,305
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
When she went back to Canada after she was treated in the U.S. her doctor said that if she was in Canada when she had her heart attack she probably would have died because they don’t have the time, space, money, resources, or enough god doctors to treat her.
That is completely untrue. Canada's system is based on priority rankings - people with more urgent problems get in first, and someone with a heart attack would most definitely be taken in immediately at any ER. Don't get me wrong, Canada's system is far from perfect and has many flaws, but it's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

Here's a story - my brother-in-law was in the States, and an ulcer in his stomach perforated. He was rushed to a hospital, and my sister was told by american doctors that he was going septic and was going to die if he didn't get surgery immediately. The next words out of their mouths? We're not going to do anything for him until you show us proof of insurance. That's right - if we hadn't been able to scramble quickly enough to get our insurance together, the wonderful american health care system would have stood by and watched while he died. Because we were in America and not Canada, we very nearly lost him.

Quote:
Canadians pay a premium of 96 dollars each month plus 55% of their earnings go to taxes just to pay for universal healthcare.
Uh, no. I live in Canada, and I pay no premiums.You only pay premiums if you can afford to pay premiums - low income families do not pay. And premiums aren't even in every province - only some require payments of premiums. And 55% is definitely not taken off my paycheques to pay for health care - the only deductions on my salary are for employment insurance and general taxes.

Debunking Canadian Health Care Myths:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/06/07-0


Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by Grizabella; June 18th 2009 at 04:59 AM.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.ordinary.dreamer View Post
He has a telepromter during his speeches. You have to watch interviews and clips from when news networks have come up and asked him questions because then he doesnt have a telepromter.

Of course i dont want another war!!!! And no you shouldnt be rude to him but when he sent up that first rocket we should or shot it down so he knew we arnt going to let him walk all over us.

I lived in Canada and England. The mother of one of the guys that used to work for my dad lived in Canada but when on vacation in Florida she had a heart attack. When she went back to Canada after she was treated in the U.S. her doctor said that if she was in Canada when she had her heart attack she probably would have died because they donít have the time, space, money, resources, or enough god doctors to treat her. Another example of the problems of universal healthcare is that my dad had a kidney stone when living in Canada. There werenít enough rooms so he was stuck on a gurney in the hallway for several days. Eventually his blood started becoming toxic and his only options were to go the U.S. or plead with the hospital to get a urologist to come and treat him. At that point in time that week there were only 3 urologists on call for emergencies for the city of Montreal. Bare in mind that Montreal is one of the largest cities in Canada. My mom argued with the hospital enough to finally get a urologist in to treat him.
England has both a national and private healthcare system(universal healthcare and doctors own private practices) the worst of the worst are in the national/universal healthcare system and the best doctors make more money in the private so they stay there the crappy doctors dont have private practices because they arnt good enough to stay in business. It is so expensive to see a doctor that is in the private healthcare that the majority of people get stuck with the crappy doctors.
I cant remember if it was Canada or England but i know for a fact that one of them has a "acceptable number of deaths" for each year because they dont have the money or space in there hospitals to treat everyone properly.
Canadians pay a premium of 96 dollars each month plus 55% of their earnings go to taxes just to pay for universal healthcare. Diabetics in Canada pay for needles because they arenít covered under the healthcare system but drug users get them for free because they are trying to reduce the diseases caused by needle sharing.

I was actually born in Canada too
I know he has a teleprompter. And I agree with Brandon, he SHOULD have one.

And we can't just shoot down the missile. First, it'd be a violation of international protocol, and second, we didn't have anything in the area capable of doing so. There's really no way to do it without violating oceanic boundaries.

On the health care, no one is saying that what happened in your case wasn't bad.

However, you can't have one instance speak for an entire system. It's simply not the same as cold hard documents and/or statistics.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Gidig's Avatar
 
Name: Maria
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 2,123
Blog Entries: 390
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 07:46 AM

I personally think I need to see more of what he's going to do before I judge. Personally, I'm happy with him so far. Of course... I may be happy with simply a rock after Bush.



The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lugez's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 929
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:06 PM

So far, I'm not really happy with what he's done. There are a few things that I like, but overall I'd say he's not great.

So far I'm not liking him, but I'll give him a year.
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Kryptonite's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Gender: Male

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Eh, I think he's too young. He should have been elected later.
If he has the experience, what does it matter?

I think Obama has had a huge hand to deal with, and he has a lot to work with.

And those who yell "OMG SOCIALIST" really need to read his policy. Give it time.


Alex
[Click to PM me.]


"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If Iím alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
Iíll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3




   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
DoesThisLookInfected?'s Avatar
 
Name: Cameron
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Posts: 606
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If he has the experience, what does it matter?
He was on the senate for less than 3 years before he started his campaign.

I don't know, I think he's mishandling the situation with the car companies. I don't think throwing money at a problem is going to help it long term, and that includes his $787 billion Stimulus bill. Even FDR couldn't get the country out of the depression long term, with his spending. It helped while he used it, but once he stopped his spending plans, the country just sunk back into the depression. It took a total war to completely get this country out of the Great Depression.

I really do think that a lot of the blame has to be on the government. If they didn't keep interest rates so low, we wouldn't be in this problem.

Right now, I don't know if we should be doing NOTHING, but I don't think this much intervention is doing anything good for us at all.

With health care, I really don't know. I'd like a universal system, but I still want to be able to buy better health care if I have the money. I haven't researched the bill enough to have an opinion. But I have to wonder, where are we going to get the money to pay for this health care that he's trying to get.

And I don't know who said it, but I agree with whoever said this country does a complete 180 every 4 to 8 years. A lopsided congress with the same party running the white house and the cabinet and the Supreme Court is not good. It never has been. It was nice in the 90s when Clinton had a republican congress. It's good when you have to make a few compromises.




ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If he has the experience, what does it matter?

I think Obama has had a huge hand to deal with, and he has a lot to work with.

And those who yell "OMG SOCIALIST" really need to read his policy. Give it time.
I really don't like the idea of any president, or any single person running the country. I wish we had some other form of government.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
DoesThisLookInfected?'s Avatar
 
Name: Cameron
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Posts: 606
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I really don't like the idea of any president, or any single person running the country. I wish we had some other form of government.
Can you name one developed country without a central leader?




ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesThisLookInfected? View Post
Can you name one developed country without a central leader?

Actually no. But It would nice if there was one.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
DoesThisLookInfected?'s Avatar
 
Name: Cameron
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Posts: 606
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post

Actually no. But It would nice if there was one.
It's because you need one. It's worked in Europe. It's worked in America.




ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesThisLookInfected? View Post
It's because you need one. It's worked in Europe. It's worked in America.
Just because something works, It doesn't make everyone happy though. I'm sure there are genuine people who don't agree with their governments.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Just because something works, It doesn't make everyone happy though. I'm sure there are genuine people who don't agree with their governments.
It's our duty to disagree without government on certain things.

However, what form of government would you prefer?


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
It's our duty to disagree without government on certain things.

However, what form of government would you prefer?
Honestly? Maybe a board of very respected and experienced leaders chosen by the people. Not one man.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lugez's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 929
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Just because something works, It doesn't make everyone happy though. I'm sure there are genuine people who don't agree with their governments.
It's impossible to make everyone happy. There will always be people disagreeing with the government.
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Homophobia is gay
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
DoesThisLookInfected?'s Avatar
 
Name: Cameron
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: a place surrounded by lakes: it's cold, and poor, and named Detroit

Posts: 606
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Honestly? Maybe a board of very respected and experienced leaders chosen by the people. Not one man.
That's congress, essentially.

The president does not have the power to make laws, he has the power to veto a law and sign a law that Congress passed, which goes back to congress if vetoed. Congress STILL can make it a law, they just need more votes.




ENTER SHIKARI! BEST BAND EVER!!
(little thanks to Just.Tegan for showing me these guys)
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Gidig's Avatar
 
Name: Maria
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 2,123
Blog Entries: 390
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 08:28 PM

Checks and balances much?



The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
slickguy55 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
slickguy55's Avatar
 

Posts: 151
Join Date: June 17th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Yes, please, educate us children. We r in nead of hellp.

First of all, stop waving the "OH NOES COMMUNISM" flag while pretending there's actually wind moving it.

The truth is, a healthy blend of Capitalism and Communism/Socialism would actually be a GOOD thing for the country. This "free trade free trade! communism is evil!" mentality that so many people have boggles my mind.

The Soviet Union was communist, and it did fine until about 19 years ago. And it didn't collapse because it was a communist state, it collapsed because we bankrupted them with the help of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and then challenged them to another Arms race with which they could not keep up, even with making a hard right turn into capitalist land with "Perestroika". (Thank you Reagan, the only real good you've done.)

But I mean, I guess you like the idea of millions of people being turned away from hospitals and suffering because because they don't have insurance and/or twenty grand a year to blow on medical treatments. Well they should have money, if not it's their own damn fault. Medical care SHOULD be a business, because it's money that matters.
Ye-...no.

We, as a country, need to explore every option available to us to bring us out of this hole we've dug ourselves in, and frankly, pointing the finger and crying CONSPIRACY Does. Not. Help.

Second of all, your SA/Hitler theory is complete and utter speculation. He's talking about a mixture of reforming education and getting the youth of America more involved with their communities. This does not include your image of racial purges, military training, and eventual execution because he "changed his mind" (look up more info on the SA).

The problem with this country, is that it lacks balance. Every 4-8 god damn years, the government pulls a complete 180 in terms of spending and legislative process. The country as a whole has lost focus, and has instead relied on political Russian Roulette to make its decisions.
You openly support communism because you are brainwashed. You don't know the first thing about communism if you think there is such thing as a "healthy mix of capitalism and communism". The communism side would dominate it all. Take away free speech, take away the morals of this country. You are the exact kind of person that the media reaches out to.

"The Soviet Union did fine until.." Talk to the people who lived there, talk to the families who lost family members to their communist government, the detainees. That whole country lived under a depressed choke hold for years. And you are the type of person that wants that for this country.

Last edited by Jack; June 18th 2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Rudeness removed. If you can't be civil while debating then please avoid this forum in future.
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough
*********
 
Acheron's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Laying traps for troubadours

Posts: 2,096
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy55 View Post
You openly support communism because you are brainwashed. You don't know the first thing about communism if you think there is such thing as a "healthy mix of capitalism and communism". The communism side would dominate it all. Take away free speech, take away the morals of this country. You are the exact kind of person that the media reaches out to.
Yeah, just like all those nightmarish Scandinavian countries in which people are ruled by an oppressive one-party state and dissenters are abducted in the dead of night by secret police and dragged off to labour camps. Curse you, mixed economy! I'm also somewhat sceptical about media companies run by profit-seeking entrepreneurs cheerleading the rise of a workers' state in which they'd have to produce for the public good rather than private interest.

I mean, I'm no communist (check the political compass thread on this board for proof), but what you just said indicates that you wouldn't know communism if it bit you.
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy55 View Post
You openly support communism because you are brainwashed. You don't know the first thing about communism if you think there is such thing as a "healthy mix of capitalism and communism". The communism side would dominate it all. Take away free speech, take away the morals of this country. You are the exact kind of person that the media reaches out to.
Could you please stop being so rude? People don't have to be brainwashed to believe in something.

Full-blown communism does not have a great record, no. That does not mean that socialism in one form or another can't work. Can you imagine how horrible it would be to get sick and not being able to afford to go to the doctor? Where is your heart?

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:
Quote:
Universal health care is implemented in all but one of the wealthy, industrialized countries, with the exception being the United States.[1][2] It is also provided in many developing countries and is the trend worldwide.
What does THAT tell you? Do you see people in Europe protesting about their freedoms being infringed upon and screaming about human rights violations? No of course not. People like knowing that if they get sick they can go to a doctor. You don't need to be so paranoid. Giving people the chance to be healthy and happy is a good thing


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy55 View Post
You openly support communism because you are brainwashed. You don't know the first thing about communism if you think there is such thing as a "healthy mix of capitalism and communism". The communism side would dominate it all. Take away free speech, take away the morals of this country. You are the exact kind of person that the media reaches out to.

"The Soviet Union did fine until.." Talk to the people who lived there, talk to the families who lost family members to their communist government, the detainees. That whole country lived under a depressed choke hold for years. And you are the type of person that wants that for this country.
Alright, lemme clarify a few things for you.

I'm not saying full blown communism is a good thing. You will NEVER catch me saying that. So stop implying thats what I meant.

The media reaches out to me? You don't know a thing about me. I hate most of the media, left and right wing alike.

You need to get a serious reality check, and you need to stop assuming that you need to swoop in with your "blinding light of American freedom" and save us from the Liberals. Just because I think differently than you doesn't mean I'm brainwashed. Welcome to the real world, by the way.

My point is, seeing as how our government is socialist based anyway, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to implement a little bit of socialism into our domestic policy making.

And finally, if you think treating people like their idiots while cramming the American flag down their throats is a good way to approach debate topics, then I'd suggest you stop watching Fox news, because god knows, you're the kind of person that they reach out to.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.






Last edited by Jack; June 18th 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Rudeness
  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
slickguy55 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
slickguy55's Avatar
 

Posts: 151
Join Date: June 17th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Alright, lemme clarify a few things for you.

I'm not saying full blown communism is a good thing. You will NEVER catch me saying that. So stop implying thats what I meant.

The media reaches out to me? You don't know a thing about me. I hate most of the media, left and right wing alike.

You need to get a serious reality check, and you need to stop assuming that you need to swoop in with your "blinding light of American freedom" and save us from the Liberals. Just because I think differently than you doesn't mean I'm brainwashed. Welcome to the real world, by the way.

My point is, seeing as how our government is socialist based anyway, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to implement a little bit of socialism into our domestic policy making.


And finally, if you think treating people like their idiots while cramming the American flag down their throats is a good way to approach debate topics, then I'd suggest you stop watching Fox news, because god knows, you'rethey reach out to. the kind of person that
-How so? And I think it would be a bad idea to implement socialism in policy making. The Government is too big, and doesn't need to be involved in every aspect of life, people like you don't seem to understand that.

-I don't watch fox news. I think every news channel is overly "politically correct", and none of them are willing to give an open/realistic insight into what is going on in the world. So many things are happening in the world, and Obama swatting a fly was their main story one day. That is why news papers are going out of business, and that is why media is losing costumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
Could you please stop being so rude? People don't have to be brainwashed to believe in something.

Full-blown communism does not have a great record, no. That does not mean that socialism in one form or another can't work. Can you imagine how horrible it would be to get sick and not being able to afford to go to the doctor? Where is your heart?

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS:


What does THAT tell you? Do you see people in Europe protesting about their freedoms being infringed upon and screaming about human rights violations? No of course not. People like knowing that if they get sick they can go to a doctor. You don't need to be so paranoid. Giving people the chance to be healthy and happy is a good thing
-So why should I have to pay for someone else's lack of success? Everyone in this country has a right to get a job and earn their own health care. The people who don't do this have no excuse. It has nothing to do with "not having a heart"

-We do give people a chance to be healthy and happy. But it is up to them. People should not be handed everything for free on a silver platter, or else there is nothing motivating people to better themselves in order to earn those things, therefor slowing the advancement of our entire country.

and...

ACHERON- No part of your post supports your claim of me "not knowing communism". Next time try to present an argument. I don't know what your trying to say.

Last edited by slickguy55; June 18th 2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Khadra's Avatar
 
Name: Kathlene
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Lima, Peru

Posts: 736
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: YOUR point of view on barack obama - June 18th 2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickguy55 View Post
-So why should I have to pay for someone else's lack of success? Everyone in this country has a right to get a job and earn their own health care. The people who don't do this have no excuse. It has nothing to do with "not having a heart"

-We do give people a chance to be healthy and happy. But it is up to them. People should not be handed everything for free on a silver platter, or else there is nothing motivating people to better themselves in order to earn those things, therefor slowing the advancement of our entire country.
I am talking about working people. Health care premiums are extremely expensive, and many people who work still can't afford them. There are single mothers who work 2 or 3 jobs to support their kids. They barely makes ends meet, but they are working their butts off. You don't think they deserve health care? You don't think the innocent CHILDREN deserve healthcare? It has nothing to do with handing out everything for free on a silver platter. It's about ensuring that people who are unable to help themselves get what they need. It's about believing that everybody has the right to healthcare. The motivation to work is still there because people still need to pay for everything else they need and want. Your mentality is extremely coldhearted. And tell me why would every other wealthy industrialized country have socialized health care if it was such a horrible thing?


It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)


Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
barack, obama, point, president, view

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.