TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 01:41 AM

Why does the media carry a double standard towards obama.

Sure Bush kills innoccent people during his term.

Iranian government killed people in riots. but they get alot of bad press.

But obama...

He ordered to kill 80-6 people at most 0-7 were terrorist. in 1 day Pakistan. while the iranians killed ughhh about 20 people in 7 days...

And Obama doesnt really have the right to go over to other peoples lands with out permission.

THat means obama is a mass murder too like the president of iran? bush? and other contraverial figures?

And I barely hear anything about this on CNN, maybe a line on the bottom of the screen but thats all..

Atleast bush had the legal authority to kill people Iraq, and not kill random people in countries where u do not have the right.

US drones circle over Waziristan day after missile strikes kill 80
Breaking: U.S. Drone Kills 60 | Danger Room | Wired.com
Al Jazeera English - CENTRAL/S. ASIA - 'US drone' hits Pakistan funeral

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 02:10 AM

That's not even remotely the same thing. We weren't firing on our own people who were protesting, we were firing on suspected terrorists.

Plus, with all the Taliban activity in Pakistan, it's highly likely that they asked us for some unmanned support in dealing with the terrorists.

The reports on the attack are still sketchy. Of course Al Jazeera is going to say they were all civilians. Other news cites are saying that they were all militants.

Yellow journalism is not going to work here.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: Casey

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 02:34 AM

Wow Tomb.... you just might be the most ill-informed person on the entire site.

The attacks in Pakistan are no different than those carried out by drones during the Bush presidency, therefore there is no difference. The attack was not meant to kill civilians, and even if it did, Al-Jazeerah would like to make seem like the U.S. wants to put civilians in harm's way.

Define legal authority. The ability to whip out as many guns as you can and fire at whoever you deem to be a militant does not create legitimacy or legality in terms of practices in war. The Bush administration is guilty of multiple war crimes, most of them being for prisoner abuse and torture (and false imprisonment), but also for carrying out an internationally condemned war in the name of non-existent weapons of mass destruction (in reality, it was a complex mix of reasons boiled up by the Bush cronies).

Also, you need to learn how to spell. It literally gave me a headache trying to read some of what you said.

We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take.

French Graffiti, 1968

CTN 0452-9
  Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
non-existent weapons of mass destruction (in reality, it was a complex mix of reasons boiled up by the Bush cronies).
I hate to nitpick, but we did actually find a couple dozen canisters used for holding mustard and nerve gas. They count as WMDs via NBC classification.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
Wow Tomb.... you just might be the most ill-informed person on the entire site.

The attacks in Pakistan are no different than those carried out by drones during the Bush presidency, therefore there is no difference. The attack was not meant to kill civilians, and even if it did, Al-Jazeerah would like to make seem like the U.S. wants to put civilians in harm's way.

Define legal authority. The ability to whip out as many guns as you can and fire at whoever you deem to be a militant does not create legitimacy or legality in terms of practices in war. The Bush administration is guilty of multiple war crimes, most of them being for prisoner abuse and torture (and false imprisonment), but also for carrying out an internationally condemned war in the name of non-existent weapons of mass destruction (in reality, it was a complex mix of reasons boiled up by the Bush cronies).

Also, you need to learn how to spell. It literally gave me a headache trying to read some of what you said.

Bush admin is not guilty. I don't see any arrest?? in who's court. Do you know how the law works? please show me the legal documents to sites that show me court filings. Bush admin. didn't do anything illegal he passed the laws...

"Pakistan said its battle to defeat terrorism is being harmed by U.S. drone attacks after a strike yesterday near the border with Afghanistan reportedly killed at least 50 people."

"Pakistan says the deaths of civilians in drone attacks harm efforts to combat militants in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas"

-Bloomberg
Pakistan Says U.S. Drone Attacks Harm Anti-Terrorism Battle - Bloomberg.com

You said
"The attacks in Pakistan are no different than those carried out by drones during the Bush presidency, therefore there is no difference."

You made my point in my original post, i think people should consider Barrack Hussein Obama and George Walker Bush mass murders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
That's not even remotely the same thing. We weren't firing on our own people who were protesting, we were firing on suspected terrorists.

Plus, with all the Taliban activity in Pakistan, it's highly likely that they asked us for some unmanned support in dealing with the terrorists.

The reports on the attack are still sketchy. Of course Al Jazeera is going to say they were all civilians. Other news cites are saying that they were all militants.

Yellow journalism is not going to work here.

Tiger you made good points.

Last edited by Tomb; June 25th 2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
Bush admin is not guilty. I don't see any arrest?? in who's court. Do you know how the law works? please show me the legal documents to sites that show me court filings. Bush admin. didn't do anything illegal he passed the laws...

"Pakistan said its battle to defeat terrorism is being harmed by U.S. drone attacks after a strike yesterday near the border with Afghanistan reportedly killed at least 50 people."

"Pakistan says the deaths of civilians in drone attacks harm efforts to combat militants in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas"

-Bloomberg
Pakistan Says U.S. Drone Attacks Harm Anti-Terrorism Battle - Bloomberg.com
The only conclusion I drew from those posts were that Pakistan is pretty pissed about what happened. PAKISTAN says. Those aren't quotes telling us why the US made the decision to do what they did, are they? Of course people in Pakistan aren't happy about being attacked, but that doesn't change the fact that doing what Obama did may have been what is best to protect our country.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: Casey

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
That has to be the weakest argument I've ever seen in all my years on TeenHelp.

The lack of an arrest doesn't automatically exonerate someone's guilt. Bush's tactics in "enhanced interrogations" (AKA torture) are internationally outlawed by the Geneva Convention, as is the invasion of Iraq for non-prevocational special interest. No trial is necessary to determine this.

Furthermore, Bush never passed any laws concerning the Iraq war. He may have asked for increased military spending, but he cannot formulate and simultaneously approve such laws and measures.

I'm fairly insulted that you seem to think I don't have even a basic understanding of United States international legality guidelines. The United States is theoretically supposed to adhere to the Geneva Convention, and, as a member of the United Nations, is not supposed to violate direct votes and condemnation of militancy by a vast majority of its members. To date, there is absolutely no proof that the war in Iraq has made the United States any safer, and it probably has actually made it less secure, because it serves as an additional point of reasoning for the Islamic world to believe that the U.S. is in a war against Islam.

The war in Afghanistan, although justified, has been very poorly handled to this point. This isn't just the fault of Bush, or his commanders, but also moving on to Barrack Obama's lack of policy change. The United States simply cannot conduct a successful campaign against Al-Quada and the Taliban while negotiating against an Opium war. Because most of the Al-Quada funds in Afghanistan come from Opium, a stop-gate on Opium would theoretically rectify the problem the U.S. has with Al-Quada funding.

And finally, the primary difference that you obviously failed to realize (or at least indicate) is that Iranian officials have allowed their Revolutionary Guard troops to attack their own civilians intentionally, while the U.S. has no intentions of killing civilians. The root of these problems is also vastly different. I have no idea why you think you can link these two for comparison in any way.

We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take.

French Graffiti, 1968

CTN 0452-9
  Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 07:16 PM

All I will say is... Why do people have to go to such legnths to prove how "anti-conformist" they are, at the expence of common sense??
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 25th 2009, 07:21 PM

Is that a troll I smell?

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Obama Regeme slaughters more innoccents than Iranian officials. WHAT CHANGE??? - June 26th 2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiseau the Little Bird! View Post
Is that a troll I smell?
*sniff* yeuch
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
Closed Thread