TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 07:14 PM

Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK?

Discuss.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 08:08 PM

I think they need to monitor who's in and who's out, so they know how many are in the country, put as was bought up on that question time, if you start putting a limit on population thats not really fair. If you do, there might be married couples couples who are split up etc... So no They need to manage the population more effectively, the problem is ILLEGAL immigrants...

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk338 View Post
I think they need to monitor who's in and who's out, so they know how many are in the country, put as was bought up on that question time, if you start putting a limit on population thats not really fair. If you do, there might be married couples couples who are split up etc... So no They need to manage the population more effectively, the problem is ILLEGAL immigrants...
But if they were managing immigrants properly ther would be barely any illegal immigrants.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 08:30 PM

I honestly think that places should not not allow immigrants, if that makes sense. It works really shitty for America, I can't imagine it'd work that well for the UK [Though I'm not entirely aware of the situation the UK has regarding this at the moment] I think everyone should be accepted everywhere, whether it be the US, UK, Russia, Cambodia, or wherever else!

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 08:50 PM

I think there should be an annual limit because The UK's not exactly a massive country and we already have homeless people on the streets. Also more people in the country means more houses need to be built which means we need to make room for these houses which then means more countryside will be lost.

Also I'd just like to point out that a lot of the asylum seekers coming to the UK shouldn't actually be coming because asylum seekers are supposed to go to the NEAREST safest country and a lot of the time there are closer countries to them than England.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 09:02 PM

I think they should lower the amount of allowed immigrants by quite a lot. It's just one of those things that needs to be done.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Does the government need to put a cap on immigrants coming into the UK? - October 25th 2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
But if they were managing immigrants properly ther would be barely any illegal immigrants.
I think allowing immigrants into live in the country is ok, but they need to be managed as in the paper work, who's got a job who hasn't when are you out of the country etc...

Illegal immigrants is more of a problem from border control, correctly searching vehicles and any port/airport/station you can arrive or leave the UK from.

Personally I have no problem with people coming here to live if they comply with the restrictions set by the government, I'd expect the same if I wanted to move to another country myself (as I may well do one day)... They are signed onto our benefits system, but they will end up with a job, its impossible not to if you're on JSA, after a certain amount of time anyway... But I do have a problem with people who come here and don't follow the correct route. If they can't get in, they can't live here, as Boo Ghost said;

Quote:
Also I'd just like to point out that a lot of the asylum seekers coming to the UK shouldn't actually be coming because asylum seekers are supposed to go to the NEAREST safest country and a lot of the time there are closer countries to them than England.
So strictly there should be no asylum seekers here... right?

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

Closed Thread