TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rach

Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 11:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCD9aBmWeg

what do you guys think?

Personally I think there going about getting there point across the wrong way. And are going to get a lot of abuse for being in such a important place, but I think they know this, what other purpose would they have to go to wootton basset.
I also think they will use the abuse they get to display hostility from the English, which is rediculous. This is not a racist attack, more disgrace the organisers chose such an important place to stage there protests.

Let us honour our dead, and grieve for those who fell in battle.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 12:35 PM

Just to let people know I'm not talking about all Muslims here, just the ones in that video. I don't want to offend anyone so I thought I'd make that clear.

If they don't like our government and what our soldiers are doing then they should just leave to another country, no one's going to stop them. This is OUR country and we bend over backwards for the people that are coming in. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a law saying you can't fly a Union Jack/English flag in case it offends other nationalities. That's how far we've gone into accommodating the other nationalities that have come in.
If British people started moving to India, would the Indian government do the same? I doubt it.

Anyway, back to the main point. That protest should be stopped, I mean like someone said commented on the youtube video "we wouldn't allow pro-Nazi protests in the 1940's"

Also, if another country declared war on Britain it'd be our soldiers protecting those Muslims that are living here and then those people on that video wouldn't be complaining about the soldiers then.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cara View Post
If they don't like our government and what our soldiers are doing then they should just leave to another country, no one's going to stop them. This is OUR country and we bend over backwards for the people that are coming in. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a law saying you can't fly a Union Jack/English flag in case it offends other nationalities. That's how far we've gone into accommodating the other nationalities that have come in.
If British people started moving to India, would the Indian government do the same? I doubt it.
Woah, hold it with the right-ring conservatism. Raging war in middle-eastern countries is typically English now is it? [Edit: Statement removed]

Anyway back on topic, It's a demonstration. So what? You have freedom of speech, so should they. Looking at the slogans from that previous demonstration it doesn't quite look like an "Islamic fundamentalist parade", more a pacifist objection to the war. While I do support the operation in Afghanistan I think there are reasons to oppose it. So let them march, it's not harming anyone - unless a group of NF thugs turn up.

Last edited by Pandamonium; January 3rd 2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Uneeded/rude statement
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 05:27 PM

well it's very distasteful and offensive to the families of all the people in the forces choosing to do their protest through wootton bassett..

ok, this is off the islanm4uk website

Quote:
Islam4UK, a platform for the global front Al-Muhajiroun, would like to announce the launch of a momentous march that is scheduled to take place in the following weeks, details of which will be released shortly inshaa'allah (God willing).

The destination of this very special event is the small market town of Wootton Bassett, located 6 miles Southwest of Swindon, in northern Wiltshire; Wootton Bassett, is currently famous for its public mourning processions held in memory of British soldiers killed whilst on military service in Afghanistan; coffins containing the dismembered bodies of these soldiers are usually draped in union jack flags and driven through the town centre from RAF Lyneham, as a tribute to their ‘sacrifice'.

The proposed march by members of Islam4UK is however of a very different venture, held not in memory of the occupying and merciless British military, but rather the real war dead who have been shunned by the Western media and general public as they were and continue to be horrifically murdered in the name of Democracy and Freedom - the innocent Muslim men, women and children.

It is quite extraordinary, that with well over 100,000 Muslims killed in Afghanistan in the last 8 years that those military serviceman who have directly or indirectly contributed to their death are paraded as war heroes and moreover honoured for what is ultimately genocide.

We at Islam4UK find this totally unacceptable and as a result have decided to launch the ‘Wootton Bassett March' to highlight the real casualties of this brutal Crusade.
While i do accept that this guy has a point when he talks about the innocent people being killed, and i do agree that, that is terrible and they deserve to remembered.. i just think that the way they are choosing to do it is very stupid and they are going to antagonise, anger and upset a lot of people. i don't understand why they can't just do their protest somewhere which won't stir up so much trouble.. but i guess that's what they're all about.. going for maximum effect to get their point across. urgh.

People should counter this demonstration if they disagree with what islam4uk are doing, and i'm sure the locals from wootton bassett and the families of the soldiers will be out in force!.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Last edited by losing touch.; January 3rd 2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: i can't spell.. that's whyyyy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 06:52 PM

Sorry for the length of this but it is relevant.

Quote:
LETTER: To the Families of British Soldiers who have died or who are currently in Afghanistan

DATED 3rd January 2010

May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon those who follow the guidance.

Following the public announcement of an impending procession by islam4uk (a branch of Al-Muhajiroun) through the Market Town of Wootton Basset we thought it only appropriate that we provide an explanation and a little more about the purpose behind the procession, especially to the family and friends of those who have died there and who may have been led to believe that it is merely an act of incitement or provocation.

We begin by inviting all non-Muslims to Islam, the perfect and most beautiful way of life, a favour from Allah (God) to mankind to take him out of the darkness of worshipping his own desires to the exclusive worship, submission and obedience of Allah alone, without partners and to testify the Messenger-ship of the final Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). We urge you to embrace Islam and save yourselves and your family from the hellfire and not to believe the lies and distortions which the Western media and non-Islamic regimes would have you believe about Muslims and their true intentions. Islam means submission and the Muslim is the one who submits to the will of God in his life. Verily the Messenger Muhammad told us that whoever heard his name from the Jews and Christians and did not believe would be held accountable for that on the day of judgement.

We start by pointing out what many wise people already know i.e. that the British public have once again been lied to by their politicians about the war in Afghanistan. What began as a fight for freedom and democracy and to protect the human rights of the civilians and to find Sheikh Usama Bin Laden (by the use of B52 bombers) has today become a campaign to protect the security of the British public back home and it has gone from being a campaign which could be completed without firing a weapon within 3 years to one which could go on for 40 or 50 years with a heavy cost to the participants.

In actual fact the foreign policy of the USA and UK is not about protecting the rights of Muslims or propagating democracy and freedom nor is it about the threat posed by the people in Afghanistan to the British public at all, but rather it is to establish their own military, economic, strategic and ideological interests in the region. The rich resources of Afghanistan, its position on the cusp between the Indian sub-continent, Southern Russian, Asia and China and its populations call for the Shari'ah are the real reasons why the military has sought to establish a permanent role there, no matter what the cost to the lives and wealth of the indigenous people or indeed their own. Pivotal in this is the desire to prevent Muslims from running their own affairs and establishing an Islamic State if they so wish but rather to maintain a puppet in the area (Mr Karzia) to maintain and protect Western interests.

In order to create an atmosphere where these greedy objectives can be accomplished the Western and even Eastern media have constantly shown atrocities being committed against the ordinary people of Afghanistan and Pakistan, in markets, universities and public gathering places and have then blamed these on the perceived enemy, in order to discredit any legitimate struggle for liberation and in order to demonise them in the eyes of the world and thereby justify the occupation and real intentions. The truth about such bloodshed and mayhem is only now becoming public knowledge after information about the real perpetrators has emerged (such as the CIA related agency Black Water). The billions of dollars paid to the Pakistan regime by the USA/UK alliance and to the Secret services in Pakistan, their army and to the Karzai Afghan regime by way of bribes has led them to slaughter their own citizens with the help of the USA/UK and to then blame the Taliban in an attempt to subdue those seeking liberation to fulfil their right to run their lives by divine law and to protect the US/UK military and economic interests. With additional atrocities being committed by the USA and UK through indiscriminate air raids and other operations the number of ordinary Muslim men, women and children who have been killed has reached horrendous proportions. Not to mention the torture and abuse of basic rights by the occupiers in Afghanistan, such as in Bagram Air Base, the case of Dr Affia Siddiqui being a clear and brutal example.

There is no doubt in most people's minds that the final conclusion to the current conflict in Afghanistan has already been written. Ultimate victory for those fighting in their own backyard, familiar with the mountains and plains and their supporters who struggle to protect their sanctities from the foreign aggressors cannot be denied. The signs for this are already appearing with incohesive thinking among the British and American chain of command, the crippling effect of the war on their economies back home and the depression of the soldiers realising that there is no real moral or ethic reason for them to murder innocent men, women and children to fulfil their politicians agenda. Blaming a lack of equipment is one of the ways in which politicians have tried to shift the focus. It is noteworthy that unlike among the US and UK soldiers, there has not been one reported suicide or attempted suicide among those resisting occupation.

As a consequence this can only mean much more destruction for the USA and UK sons and daughters sent by their uncaring leaders to their deaths. After all this would not be the first time that this region has acted as a grave yard for empires in history, notably the British and Russians.

It is worth reminding those who are still not blinded by the media propaganda that Afghanistan is not a British Town near Wootton Basset but rather Muslim land which no one has the right to occupy, with a Muslim population who do not deserve their innocent men, women and children to be killed for political mileage and for the greedy interests of the oppressive US and UK regimes.

The procession in Wootton Basset is therefore an attempt to engage the British publics minds on the real reasons why their soldiers are returning home in body bags and the real cost of the war. The conflict in Afghanistan is not an ‘honourable' defence of British values and a cause for the British to remain secure, rather the presence of the US and UK forces in Afghanistan is the cause of instability in the region and a cause of insecurity for the British people back home. The parades, the speeches about soldiers doing their duty and the feeling of patriotism has obfuscated the reality of the conflict and the murderous crimes being committed by the occupiers and their agents. The British public is blissfully unaware of what is being done in their name by the Blair/Brown regimes and were the truth known no doubt the pressure to withdraw all troops immediately would be much greater.

It is our desire to end the cycle of violence and the quagmire in which we find ourselves in today in Afghanistan. For the British public to do their duty and force their regime to save their children from death and destruction, from an oppressive and costly campaign and to stop the occupation of Muslim land. We realise that, especially in times of war, we are up against a very sophisticated propaganda machine and no doubt raising awareness about the painful truth of this conflict will unleash a torrent of abuse from the media and government against us, who have their own predetermined agenda, however the world is today also small enough for those wishing to verify the truth to be able to do so via the many news and information outlets.
This was also on the Islam4UK website.
I think this is supposed to make people feel better about what they are doing...

"we thought it only appropriate that we provide an explanation and a little more about the purpose behind the procession, especially to the family and friends of those who have died there and who may have been led to believe that it is merely an act of incitement or provocation."

I understand they are upset about the innocent Muslims who have been killed. I understand that they want them to be recognised and respected.
I think what they are doing is really hypocritical because what they are doing is disrespectful to the dead British soldiers and their families.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:13 PM

You know for once I'm almost incapable of explaining my thoughts on this. I get why people are saying that it's disrespectful to the dead soldiers, but look at it from an idealogical point of view. The march honoring the dead solders does try to enforce their position as martyrs of a worthy cause, as all these military funerals do. Staging the protest in Wooten Basset is almost a counter to this view, in the same way that if you were protesting against say the G8 you'd hold the protest where the G8 was taking place.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Name: Will

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Suddenly I'm wishing more of ye were killed in 1918.
First off stop the anti-british statements and secondly if you had relitives killed during ww1 you would not say that.

Since we live in a demcracy people are entitled to protest against stuff but there is a limit to where you have t draw the line under distastefull stuff
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkiller7 View Post
First off stop the anti-british statements and secondly if you had relitives killed during ww1 you would not say that.
I wasn't talking about WWII, I was refering to the Easter Rising which preceeded the Irish war of independence. And my statements seem anti-British on purpose, in response to his belief that people who don't follow British beliefs should be kicked out of the country. It's combating xenophobia with more xenophobia.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:38 PM

yes, but you still dont have to say stuff like that.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:42 PM

So it's OK if I take offence but not if you do?
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
You're wishing people dead...

(#12 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:

I wasnt saying that. I just said that you wished more english where killed duing 1918,and i take offence to that becouse im english.

may as well forget this little squable and get back to the topic.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:49 PM

Ok it was a bit harsh, but when I hear people treating others like **** because they come from another "country" it seriously pisses me off. It's the one form of hatred that will never be truly eradicated.

[EDIT] I agree
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Ok it was a bit harsh, but when I hear people treating others like **** because they come from another "country" it seriously pisses me off. It's the one form of hatred that will never be truly eradicated.

[EDIT] I agree
Yes, but who's treating who with hatred?

(#15 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
but when I hear people treating others like **** because they come from another "country" it seriously pisses me off. It's the one form of hatred that will never be truly eradicated.
i hate it too, we are all humans at the end of the day
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
If they don't like our government and what our soldiers are doing then they should just leave to another country, no one's going to stop them. This is OUR country and we bend over backwards for the people that are coming in... Also, if another country declared war on Britain it'd be our soldiers protecting those Muslims that are living here and then those people on that video wouldn't be complaining about the soldiers then.
Now she does claim she's not talking about all muslims, but I don't know how "all people coming in" can mean anything other than "all imigrants", which does narrow down the number of excluded muslims...

ANYWAY ON TOPIC PEOPLE!!!
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Now she does claim she's not talking about all muslims, but I don't know how "all people coming in" can mean anything other than "all imigrants", which does narrow down the number of excluded muslims...
Double standards then? Every one except us from England allowed freedom of speech then? charming.

Is it really her fault though, we do get lots of immigrants here, and a lot of them do not appreciate how much of a hospital country we are. Now I'm not saying they're all like this, but some are. Seriously though, why would you move to a country if you don't agree with them? It's like getting a tattoo of something you don't like, idiotic.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 08:00 PM

Nice picture.

anyway i have no problems with other ethnic groups, its just that religiose extremeists cuase tenson between groups
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I wasn't talking about WWII, I was refering to the Easter Rising which preceeded the Irish war of independence. And my statements seem anti-British on purpose, in response to his belief that people who don't follow British beliefs should be kicked out of the country. It's combating xenophobia with more xenophobia.
I wasn't saying they should be kicked out. I was saying that if they're that strongly opposed to it then they should leave.

And I have no problem with other ethnic groups if it was English people protesting like this I'd still feel the same.

Last edited by Gingerbread Latte; January 3rd 2010 at 08:08 PM.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 08:58 PM

What it boils to down to:
Humanity, whether white, black, brown or indigo are all idiots and will never stop slaughtering each other.

All we're seeing here is justification for hatred.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say here...

Just gah, seeing how stupid and tasteless everythings getting depresses me. The world just gets stupider and stupider...

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 3rd 2010, 09:04 PM

apparently they are planning on carrying coffins through the village..

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 12:58 AM

Guys, chill now. Be nice to each other, and please stop attacking each other. Debate the issue, do not debate the person, thank you.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cara View Post
If they don't like our government and what our soldiers are doing then they should just leave to another country, no one's going to stop them. This is OUR country and we bend over backwards for the people that are coming in. ...
Here's the thing, we have freedom of sppech, and right to (peaceful) protest. It doesn't matter if India (though irrelevasnt to this thread much?) would or wouldn't allow the same. British values and history mean we can protest, and if they are here, surely they should be allowed to protest too? And too be fair, lots of people, including educated English people don't like the miltary action going on, admittedly perhaps for different reasons.

Quote:
Anyway, back to the main point. That protest should be stopped, I mean like someone said commented on the youtube video "we wouldn't allow pro-Nazi protests in the 1940's"
We do allow pro-BNP protests though... so, um... yeah.

Quote:
Also, if another country declared war on Britain it'd be our soldiers protecting those Muslims that are living here and then those people on that video wouldn't be complaining about the soldiers then.
They aren't complaining about the soldiers?

Anyway, although I think they have a right to protest, I don't think they should go through with this, whatever their motivations. Any points they are geniunely raising will be missed anyway as such an event will just cause tension between people, including those not involved. Chances are, it'll increase hostility not only to Muslims as a whole, but foriegners as a whole. In turn, something will be said that will be offensive to Muslims, which will make more then the Muslims involved feel offended, and increase hostility back.

I just don't see it going well, and I see it being harmful for all. So although I believe they have a right, I believe it is careless to actually go through with this. Particularly as it'll give the BNP more to play people with.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
Here's the thing, we have freedom of sppech, and right to (peaceful) protest. It doesn't matter if India (though irrelevasnt to this thread much?) would or wouldn't allow the same. British values and history mean we can protest, and if they are here, surely they should be allowed to protest too? And too be fair, lots of people, including educated English people don't like the miltary action going on, admittedly perhaps for different reasons.

We do allow pro-BNP protests though... so, um... yeah.

They aren't complaining about the soldiers?

Anyway, although I think they have a right to protest, I don't think they should go through with this, whatever their motivations. Any points they are geniunely raising will be missed anyway as such an event will just cause tension between people, including those not involved. Chances are, it'll increase hostility not only to Muslims as a whole, but foriegners as a whole. In turn, something will be said that will be offensive to Muslims, which will make more then the Muslims involved feel offended, and increase hostility back.

I just don't see it going well, and I see it being harmful for all. So although I believe they have a right, I believe it is careless to actually go through with this. Particularly as it'll give the BNP more to play people with.
they kind of are complaining about the soldiers though..?

Quote:
The proposed march by members of Islam4UK is however of a very different venture, held not in memory of the occupying and merciless British military, but rather the real war dead who have been shunned by the Western media and general public as they were and continue to be horrifically murdered in the name of Democracy and Freedom - the innocent Muslim men, women and children.

It is quite extraordinary, that with well over 100,000 Muslims killed in Afghanistan in the last 8 years that those military serviceman who have directly or indirectly contributed to their death are paraded as war heroes and moreover honoured for what is ultimately genocide.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 08:36 AM

The only time the Bnp show there ugly faces is duing situations like this where there is ethnic tensions between groups.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkiller7 View Post
The only time the Bnp show there ugly faces is duing situations like this where there is ethnic tensions between groups.
personally i'm all for the BNP getting as much air-time and publicity as any other political party. all it does is remind people how ridiculous they are - i mean, take nick griffins appearance on question time for example, it definitely did more harm than good. people need to see the BNP, they need to see why they shouldn't vote for them.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post
they kind of are complaining about the soldiers though..?
No, they're complaining about the war - the way they see it the soldiers are being slaughtered for nothing. This view however is seen as disrespectful by the families of the soldiers. Personally meh, nothing clearly disrespectful there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post
personally i'm all for the BNP getting as much air-time and publicity as any other political party. all it does is remind people how ridiculous they are - i mean, take nick griffins appearance on question time for example, it definitely did more harm than good. people need to see the BNP, they need to see why they shouldn't vote for them.
Same same You know when a BNP MP congratulated the Irish people on the Lisbon referendum he swayed about a tenth of the No side over?
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 08:12 PM

Actually some of the protesters were holding posters that said "Anglian soldiers : cowards, killers, extremists.

I'd say that was complaining.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 08:19 PM

i was waiting to see what Mr. Brown would have to say about this..

Quote:
After earlier more moderate statements from Number 10 about the march, Gordon Brown also issued a strongly worded condemnation, saying he was “personally appalled by the prospect of a march in Wootton Bassett”.

In his statement, Mr Brown said: “I believe that we as a nation should honour those brave servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
“Wootton Bassett has a special significance for us all at this time, as it has been the scene of the repatriation of many members of our armed forces who have tragically fallen.
“Any attempt to use this location to cause further distress and suffering to those who have lost loved ones would be abhorrent and offensive.”
and Alan Johnson has got in on the act too..

Quote:
In a strongly worded statement, the Home Secretary said the idea of the demonstration filled him with revulsion and accused organisers of deliberately 'targeting’ the town in an effort to incite hatred.
Mr Johnson said: “The idea that anyone would stage this kind of demonstration in Wootton Bassett fills me with revulsion.
“I find it particularly offensive that the town, which has acted in such a moving and dignified way in paying tribute to our troops who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, should be targeted in this manner.
“The people behind this stunt seek only to incite hatred and discord.”
also.. about the 'symbolic' coffins they're planning on carrying.

Quote:
The event – if permitted by police – will be a peaceful one, with '’symbolic coffins’’ being carried to honour Muslim victims of the conflict. But the walk will not coincide with the return of a dead soldier’s body, Mr Choudary added.
full article here if anyone is interested, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...n-Bassett.html

(#30 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Mr Choudary also admitted the plan by Islam4UK to hold the march was a publicity stunt to bring attention to his extreme views.
I find this particularly irritating, talk of the event has kicked up a huge amount of fuss already, and I personally can see a lot more racial hatred because of it (at least on facebook :/) and yet clearly they knew this would happen!

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#31 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 4th 2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topov View Post
I find this particularly irritating, talk of the event has kicked up a huge amount of fuss already, and I personally can see a lot more racial hatred because of it (at least on facebook :/) and yet clearly they knew this would happen!
of course they knew this would happen - but this guy is crazy and he loves stirring up trouble.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 5th 2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topov View Post
Yes, I agree it's not going to improve relationships with the Muslim community one iota.

As an aside, I sincerely wish politicians held back a bit on the patriotism, because statements like "I believe that we as a nation should honour those brave servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country" aren't going to be taken well by people who are opposing the act of warfare...
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 5th 2010, 01:30 PM

Even most of the mainstream muslim leaders in the uk say that choudary is a nutcase. Islam4uk is a group which wants the uk to become an islamic state. A few months ago they had plans to turn buckigham palace into a mosque.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 5th 2010, 01:51 PM

thought it was about time the BNP said something about this..

Quote:
In an official statement, the BNP announced that it would “defend Wootton Bassett and the memory of our fallen heroes. Nick Griffin MEP, Andrew Brons MEP and Richard Barnbrook AM will block the path of the Muslim fanatics.”

The statement said that the party had warned the authorities after the Luton incident that unless militant Islamism was curbed in Britain, the problem would grow worse.

“Do you remember the outrageous scenes in Luton when our returning soldiers were abused and spat on by fanatical ‘British’ Muslims?,” the statement said.

“The British National Party stated then that this was only the beginning of such vile displays as militant Islam flexes its muscles on our streets.

“We warned the authorities that unless the Government took firm action against these evil haters of all things British, they would become more provocative.

“Well, now as predicted, it’s happened. It has just been announced that the organisation ISLAM4UK, (a platform for the fanatical Al Muhajiroun group) led by Mr Anjem Choudary and a mob of at least 500 Islamic extremists plan to defile the memory of our dead soldiers by marching their hatred through Wootton Basset.

“This is the town through which the flag-draped coffins of our fallen servicemen and women are brought home. It is where families go to pay their respects to our glorious dead as they make the solemn journey to their final resting place. The thought of 500 hateful Islamists desecrating this place and spitting in the face of every true British citizen and the grief-stricken relatives of the dead is truly beyond the pale.

“It must be stopped! We will not have this! They shall not pass!
http://bnp.org.uk/2010/01/bnp-leader...bassett-march/

(#35 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 5th 2010, 02:01 PM

The extremists dont reprisent the values of english muslims. Islam4uk are a fanatical group which want to change our way of life.
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 5th 2010, 02:46 PM

A bit toned down for the BNP
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 5th 2010, 02:52 PM

I agree that it is only Islam4UK that are the problem, there views are outrageous and give a very bad name to the rest of the muslim community. I think thats were the main problem with this topic lies, there not only creating a lot of fuss and hatred upon themselves, but upon people who want little or nothing to do with it to.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 7th 2010, 01:35 AM

Though most of the ignorant masses will just assume they represent all Muslims.

And about the BNP's statement....I particularly liked the Gandalf quote at the end -_-;; Somebody should maybe point out to the BNP that Tolkien was German.

Back on topic though...yeah...people are idiots. Racial hatred and crime, one both sides, is going to soar...

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 7th 2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Though most of the ignorant masses will just assume they represent all Muslims.
So true. Most muslims hate islam4uk becouse its giving muslims a bad name and most muslims are not extremists.
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
jellyfish Offline
No Rest For The Wicked
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: Islam4UK march through wootton basset - January 7th 2010, 12:24 PM

No no no no no no.
Why should they be allowed to march through the town where our fallen soldiers return to?? On the whole ISLAM has been the cause of their death!
They have outrageous beliefs and views and they will never effectively overrun our country!
I cant understand why nothing is being done about it, they (the government who I presume would be responsible for it) have NO respect for our soldiers and the general public for letting Islam4UK do this bull**it.
When they were protesting down in London, with placards that said 'death to all white people' etc, that was bad enough!

I do apologise for going on lol, I am totally against this matter.

Closed Thread