TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of Sarah Palin?
She is a brilliant woman and definitley should be running the country some day. 2 3.70%
She's pretty cool. I think she has some good ideas but she's not president material. 8 14.81%
Meh. She's so-so. 4 7.41%
She is mentally incapable of a game of checkers, let alone running a state/government. 35 64.81%
Who the hell is Sarah Palin? 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 05:27 PM

So, I've been hearing more and more about her in the news courtesy of the whole "retard scandal" as some are putting it, so I'd figure I'd ask for some opinions regarding the woman herself.

What do you guys think?


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Allons-y!'s Avatar
 
Name: Charlotte
Age: 27
Gender: Female

Posts: 874
Blog Entries: 13
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 07:20 PM

LOL at the poll results so far (admittedly, there are only 3). Could you bring me up to date on the "retard scandal"? I get my news from NPR, and, funny story, they don't talk about her much.



let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 07:38 PM

Not whitehouse material.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while
********
 
Jocelyn.'s Avatar
 
Name: Joce
Gender: Female
Location: Paradise

Posts: 1,135
Join Date: January 28th 2010

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 07:56 PM

I really don't think she knows crap about politics, and don't know how she held any kind of political office in the first place. I feel like during the campaign she repeated whatever the repubs told her to say, and when asked for her own personal opinion... she'd choke. Oh, and good job resigning as Governor... shows real commitment.


When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:03 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

... Is all I have to say about that


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
CasiLG Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
CasiLG's Avatar
 
Name: Casi
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Connecticut USA

Posts: 140
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:14 PM

8/8 votes think she is mentally incapable of a game of checkers, let alone running a state/government.

Lol. I can't believe she thinks she is presidential material. I mean I gave her a chance, read her bio and listened to her speak but I really don't think she is that smart.


P.M me anytime you need or want to talk to me. God Bless.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while
********
 
Ngikhona's Avatar
 
Name: Keeley Siobhan
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,605
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: April 26th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:15 PM

For the record, I think her resignation does show commitment. Whether or not you agree with her, the fact is that she's saying she's resigning for the good of her family and state. Seriously, think about whether you would say that about any other governor or large political figure who said they were resigning for their family and state. I think it's so incredibly unfair how people talk about her. If people said bad things like this about Hillary Clinton, most everyone would be up in arms and people would go mad about how prejudiced and sexist it was. I don't agree with everything (or even most of) what Sarah Palin says, but I think she's refreshing to have in politics. I think that it's nice she just says things like they are, and I don't believe that she was just saying what Republicans told her to say or she wouldn't have caused much excitement in politics at all. I don't believe she's white house material, but I think she's ballsy and it's nice to have a real person involved in politics.


"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
noise94's Avatar
 
Gender: N/A

Posts: 3,231
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:15 PM

The poll results made me LOL.
I don't honestly know a whole lot about the woman, but from what I've seen.. she doesn't seem very smart.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Pandamonium's Avatar
 
Name: Steph
Gender: Female
Location: US

Posts: 1,613
Blog Entries: 4
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:24 PM

I think with the "R word" situation, she was a complete hypocrite. You can't say use of a word is bad but then pardon it for satire, it just doesn't work that way.

In the same respect, I think a lot of people making sweeping generalizations about her and over analyze most of what she does. Her having notes on her hand, for example. Our Presidents uses a teleprompter all the time, get the heck over it. Everyone uses guidance for giving speeches, it's not that uncommon.

Her as a President? Doubt it happens.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,262
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:37 PM

Oh GOD no!
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:40 PM

i love how she acts like shes giving all theese speeches for the good of the ppl. more like the good of her bank account do u ppl realize shes makin 100k a speech plus travel expenses. ill give her this she may be about as dumb as a 5th grader but the bitch is pullin in some decent bank


ďChaos is the score upon which reality is written.Ē
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Allons-y!'s Avatar
 
Name: Charlotte
Age: 27
Gender: Female

Posts: 874
Blog Entries: 13
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:44 PM

I was also going to mention the 100,000 per speech deal...Kind of...yeah.



let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 08:47 PM

lol glad i aint the only 1 who saw that fact


ďChaos is the score upon which reality is written.Ē
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Arie. Offline
Olive you :D
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Arie.'s Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: FLORIDA :]

Posts: 375
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 09:32 PM

I saw that presentation and the whole speech she did very recently and honestly this is coming from a woman who wants to become our president? Ha!
I'm glad she resigned as a governor :]
My mother absolutely loathes her...


I hope you have the strength to start all over again.- F.Scott Fitzgerald

Last edited by Arie.; February 9th 2010 at 09:47 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Arie.  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

... Is all I have to say about that
I second you, good sir.

Now, I make no judgments on her as a person. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her, but I'm more than willing to believe she's a decent person. But as a politician? She's a joke. And not a particularly funny one, considering how close she came to being VP.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Kryptonite's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Gender: Male

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 10:44 PM

Cannot stand her. I opposed McCain so strongly because of his selection for her as VP. He was risking the presidency by nominating her. I have plenty of reasons, but going into them would take so long. =(


Alex
[Click to PM me.]


"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If Iím alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
Iíll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3




   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 11:11 PM

Biden and Palin debates were hilarious! Honestly! I also loved when she was getting stumped by basic news reporters. She only knew one court case (Roe v Wade), never heard of the Bush doctrine, etc. This topic made me smile

Oh, and we had a 100% streak for 4th option for a little while. Shame...


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
xxxAJxxx Offline
TEIAM - problem solved.
Average Joe
***
 
xxxAJxxx's Avatar
 
Name: Aj
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Posts: 183
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: December 3rd 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 11:40 PM

damn democrats raided this poll. oh well


"Now at the end of everyday I lie awake at night and wait
To feel the wires of my brain get cut and quietly rearranged, and
Hear my beaten heart exclaim, 'Still, I refuse to let her go.'"

So we escape to our mistakes for they wait patiently for us.
Oh, how they always wait for me.

If my fear has kept me here only my fear can set me free."
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 9th 2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawayninjacow123 View Post
damn democrats raided this poll. oh well
Not just dems hate Palin...


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawayninjacow123 View Post
damn democrats raided this poll. oh well
I'm not a democrat. I'm a person who laughs at a person who uses "Gosh Darn!" seriously and has a fake accent that makes her sound like she just took a blow to the head.

For the record, the media dividing the world into Republicans and Democrats makes me


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 03:53 AM

If you had included "Im not fussed but I would 'give her one.'" Then I would of gladly of voted
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawayninjacow123 View Post
damn democrats raided this poll. oh well
"Damn democrats?" Seriously? McCarthy would be proud.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyawayninjacow123 View Post
damn democrats raided this poll. oh well
Only the Dems could hate Palin? I think not.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lugez's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 929
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 04:22 AM

I think her huge problem is that once she stepped out of her little Alaskan hole, she didn't know how to operate in media and Washington. So she was then massacred and made McCain look bad (and herself). Also, as pothole said, everyone started overanalyzing every single little thing that she does. But of course, she should've known this would happen as a running VP candidate and be more mindful of her actions...Which she wasn't.

Yeah, she's dumb. But I really don't think Biden is THAT much better.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
CompassionateSoul's Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 346
Blog Entries: 7
Join Date: November 26th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Only the Dems could hate Palin? I think not.
I wouldn't think she is popular with John McCain anymore? Haha.
She's an idiot when it comes to International Politics, I know several people who could come out with things that made more sense. She can't argue, she'd be torn apart by an opposition if she ran for presidency.


What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and wiser, that in itself, is worth the fight.

The best way to predict the future is to create it - Peter F. Drucker

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela


   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 04:53 AM

I would consider her as underqualified as Obama. And look where that got us.


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
I would consider her as underqualified as Obama. And look where that got us.
The most optimistic outlook on America's future in nearly a decade? I really don't see where you're going with that.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
The most optimistic outlook on America's future in nearly a decade? I really don't see where you're going with that.
Optimism =/= results.

What has he done? Solved the healthcare crisis! Oh wait, he hasn't done that. In fact, republicans are being elected in liberal states they haven't in YEARS in order to prevent his faulty idealisms (i.e. MA)

Brought the troops home! Oh wait, he hasn't done that either. They're still there fighting a half-assed war. Severely under considered idea to pull them out, anyways.

At least he lowered the unemployment rate, drained the national deficit and payed off my mortgage! Oh wait...

But overall, he graded himself a B+ and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Last I heard if you don't do the work, you get a failing grade... but since he's optimistic, that means he gets the same award Martin Luther King received upon granting civil rights to blacks!

It has been over a year, and a president is supposed to do SOMETHING in that time... well, he managed to be in Hawaii during a potential terrorist hijacking that was thwarted... and told us 'not to jump to conclusions' when a Muslim cried Allah Akbar and murdered fathers, sons, brothers, at Fort Hood.

At least he cut that NASA thing. I agree with that.


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 05:44 AM

Ohhh no! Do not mess with my NASA, man we need to be putting as much money as possible into them, but that's not the point. I am extremely Conservative and Authoritarian and I am not a huge fan of her, some of her social ideas bother me and I have a bad feeling about her continuing "No Child Left Behind" and adding even MORE money to the Special Ed classes.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
Optimism =/= results.

What has he done? Solved the healthcare crisis! Oh wait, he hasn't done that. In fact, republicans are being elected in liberal states they haven't in YEARS in order to prevent his faulty idealisms (i.e. MA)

Brought the troops home! Oh wait, he hasn't done that either. They're still there fighting a half-assed war. Severely under considered idea to pull them out, anyways.

At least he lowered the unemployment rate, drained the national deficit and payed off my mortgage! Oh wait...

But overall, he graded himself a B+ and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Last I heard if you don't do the work, you get a failing grade... but since he's optimistic, that means he gets the same award Martin Luther King received upon granting civil rights to blacks!

It has been over a year, and a president is supposed to do SOMETHING in that time... well, he managed to be in Hawaii during a potential terrorist hijacking that was thwarted... and told us 'not to jump to conclusions' when a Muslim cried Allah Akbar and murdered fathers, sons, brothers, at Fort Hood.

At least he cut that NASA thing. I agree with that.
I agree, optimism =/= results. But the American political system being what it is, pessimism = no results. So I'd say that optimism is an important first step regardless.

And it tickles me how enraged at Obama some people get for him being given the Nobel. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask for it. Too busy trying to save the country and all that.

I'm curious though. It seems you agree with his objectives, and simply blame him for not reaching them inside a year. Am I understanding you correctly?

--

Aww nuts, derailed another thread. My apologies. Back to Palin-bashing.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
I agree, optimism =/= results. But the American political system being what it is, pessimism = no results. So I'd say that optimism is an important first step regardless.

And it tickles me how enraged at Obama some people get for him being given the Nobel. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask for it. Too busy trying to save the country and all that.

I'm curious though. It seems you agree with his objectives, and simply blame him for not reaching them inside a year. Am I understanding you correctly?

--

Aww nuts, derailed another thread. My apologies. Back to Palin-bashing.
Not true. Pessimism was high strung in GWB's case, yet he managed to keep America entirely safe for his 8 years. He did his duty, and did it well.

It's just a joke, is all. His entire granting of that prize, a joke. Made a mockery of those who have received it previously. And he still gave himself a B+ which is ridiculously pompous.

Well, they are the basic elements of helping America that he shouts about that are so obvious to anyone, leftist or right. Of course I want healthcare to be fixed. Do I want universal healthcare? Absolutely not, with an exception for children.

Do I want the war to end? Of course. Pull our troops out immediately? Again, absolutely not. I believe more troops should be deployed. I could go on and on about the reasoning behind this, but honestly I have written and performed a 10 minute speech on it that I do not feel like reiterating.

Of course I want the national deficit to be lowered, unimportant spending to be cut and the unemployment rate to go up. I love America and I want it to prosper.

I do not agree with his ways (or lack-there-of) of going about these things, but I do want them to happen. Most people probably do.

I apologise for hijacking the thread!

Anyways, I have to point out, however, how primitive this treatment of Sarah Palin is. It's beyond me how people can resort to such remedial methods of disagreement. So one finds her views (for whatever reason) unappealing-- I do not believe that is an excuse to make a mockery of someone. The same was done with GWB, and it is NOT okay. Is this how you people treat others amongst yourselves who you disagree with? Paint their face around with your words surrounded by meaningless, backless statements like "she's dumb, he's dumb, der, dah" ... if it is, shame on you, then. Or laughing at it? Seriously? Do you even know what you're laughing at? Most likely no, just your own ignorance. Because you are too misinformed to find actual facts and information backing your opposition to their views, you resort to trivial and juvenile tactics such as "bush looks like a monkey" or "palin's a bitch."

Honestly, all it does it lower my faith in my generation and pray God save our futures. Grow up.

Palin is a strong leader, an educated and admirable individual. She quit for her family and did what she believed was best. She stood in her debates and delivered her arguments how she believed they best be delivered. I do not agree with most of her views, nor do I see her as president because of her huge lack of experience, but just because she is on the other side of your limited political spectrum does not mean you bash her personal life. You attack personally, you have already lost the debate. Grow up.


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
Anyways, I have to point out, however, how primitive this treatment of Sarah Palin is. It's beyond me how people can resort to such remedial methods of disagreement. So one finds her views (for whatever reason) unappealing-- I do not believe that is an excuse to make a mockery of someone. The same was done with GWB, and it is NOT okay. Is this how you people treat others amongst yourselves who you disagree with? Paint their face around with your words surrounded by meaningless, backless statements like "she's dumb, he's dumb, der, dah" ... if it is, shame on you, then. Or laughing at it? Seriously? Do you even know what you're laughing at? Most likely no, just your own ignorance. Because you are too misinformed to find actual facts and information backing your opposition to their views, you resort to trivial and juvenile tactics such as "bush looks like a monkey" or "palin's a bitch."

Honestly, all it does it lower my faith in my generation and pray God save our futures. Grow up.

Palin is a strong leader, an educated and admirable individual. She quit for her family and did what she believed was best. She stood in her debates and delivered her arguments how she believed they best be delivered. I do not agree with most of her views, nor do I see her as president because of her huge lack of experience, but just because she is on the other side of your limited political spectrum does not mean you bash her personal life. You attack personally, you have already lost the debate. Grow up.
In this at least, I'll agree with you. Might I request then that you refrain from attacking me with the title "liberal" in future.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
In this at least, I'll agree with you. Might I request then that you refrain from attacking me with the title "liberal" in future.
liberal is just merely a classification of left versus right And I am glad you agree!


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
Not true. Pessimism was high strung in GWB's case, yet he managed to keep America entirely safe for his 8 years. He did his duty, and did it well.

It's just a joke, is all. His entire granting of that prize, a joke. Made a mockery of those who have received it previously. And he still gave himself a B+ which is ridiculously pompous.

Well, they are the basic elements of helping America that he shouts about that are so obvious to anyone, leftist or right. Of course I want healthcare to be fixed. Do I want universal healthcare? Absolutely not, with an exception for children.

Do I want the war to end? Of course. Pull our troops out immediately? Again, absolutely not. I believe more troops should be deployed. I could go on and on about the reasoning behind this, but honestly I have written and performed a 10 minute speech on it that I do not feel like reiterating.

Of course I want the national deficit to be lowered, unimportant spending to be cut and the unemployment rate to go up. I love America and I want it to prosper.

I do not agree with his ways (or lack-there-of) of going about these things, but I do want them to happen. Most people probably do.

I apologise for hijacking the thread!

Anyways, I have to point out, however, how primitive this treatment of Sarah Palin is. It's beyond me how people can resort to such remedial methods of disagreement. So one finds her views (for whatever reason) unappealing-- I do not believe that is an excuse to make a mockery of someone. The same was done with GWB, and it is NOT okay. Is this how you people treat others amongst yourselves who you disagree with? Paint their face around with your words surrounded by meaningless, backless statements like "she's dumb, he's dumb, der, dah" ... if it is, shame on you, then. Or laughing at it? Seriously? Do you even know what you're laughing at? Most likely no, just your own ignorance. Because you are too misinformed to find actual facts and information backing your opposition to their views, you resort to trivial and juvenile tactics such as "bush looks like a monkey" or "palin's a bitch."

Honestly, all it does it lower my faith in my generation and pray God save our futures. Grow up.

Palin is a strong leader, an educated and admirable individual. She quit for her family and did what she believed was best. She stood in her debates and delivered her arguments how she believed they best be delivered. I do not agree with most of her views, nor do I see her as president because of her huge lack of experience, but just because she is on the other side of your limited political spectrum does not mean you bash her personal life. You attack personally, you have already lost the debate. Grow up.
First of all, the nobel peace prize isn't a perfect system. Exhibit= Yasser Arafat.

Second of all, don't start with the personal attacks against him for speaking his opinion. Your entire argument boils down to an opinion as well. You have no moral high ground here, so don't play the "mesiah coming to educate the uncultured masses" game.

I don't like Palin because the only thing she has done in the last two years is show that, while she's an ok speaker, is completely incompetent. She has no real opinions of her own, she's a massive hypocrite ("lol obama uses teleprompters" *checks writing all over hands, she blames the media ENTIRELY for why people don't like her instead of realizing maybe it's because she's just not the savior she see's herself as.

She should have stayed governor. She was just fine there. She was fine in Alaska.

But hey, who wouldn't quit their job to give speeches for 100k a pop? FOR MAH FAMILY HURR HURR.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while
********
 
Hdjdjdjduvieg's Avatar
 
Name: no

Posts: 1,127
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
First of all, the nobel peace prize isn't a perfect system. Exhibit= Yasser Arafat.

Second of all, don't start with the personal attacks against him for speaking his opinion. Your entire argument boils down to an opinion as well. You have no moral high ground here, so don't play the "mesiah coming to educate the uncultured masses" game.

I don't like Palin because the only thing she has done in the last two years is show that, while she's an ok speaker, is completely incompetent. She has no real opinions of her own, she's a massive hypocrite ("lol obama uses teleprompters" *checks writing all over hands, she blames the media ENTIRELY for why people don't like her instead of realizing maybe it's because she's just not the savior she see's herself as.

She should have stayed governor. She was just fine there. She was fine in Alaska.

But hey, who wouldn't quit their job to give speeches for 100k a pop? FOR MAH FAMILY HURR HURR.
One, just because other people wrongly receive the prize does not mean that it is denouncing qualified receivers any less.

Two, I was not attacking HIM, I was speaking to everyone who posted things like "hahahaa" in this thread and all that ridiculous media-inspired garble.

Three, I would acredit the media greatly to her image, just as I would credit the it to Obama's.

Disagreements on views is one thing, but it's just childish to start attacking a person for who she is, with no basis. I will redact none of my said statements, I still firmly believe the majority of people posting in this threat frankly need to grow up, or get informed, or some combination of the two.


I love the name of honour more than I fear death.
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
One, just because other people wrongly receive the prize does not mean that it is denouncing qualified receivers any less.

Two, I was not attacking HIM, I was speaking to everyone who posted things like "hahahaa" in this thread and all that ridiculous media-inspired garble.

Three, I would acredit the media greatly to her image, just as I would credit the it to Obama's.

Disagreements on views is one thing, but it's just childish to start attacking a person for who she is, with no basis. I will redact none of my said statements, I still firmly believe the majority of people posting in this threat frankly need to grow up, or get informed, or some combination of the two.

I do believe that "haha" part was partially directed at me?

It's the way she speaks that makes me laugh. She has a fake accent so that she sounds more "real American". She tries to put on this whole "I'm just like you!" attitude which is was really pisses me off about her. I'm informed so don't spout that bull at me. I do Polisci in college, thanks. We study politics... Hers is one I've studied and can't stand. She's a pretentious, pompous fool who tries to act bigger than she is. Stop the personal attacks. It makes you sound like FOX News when you go on about things like that. Maybe we are informed and just don't like what we know about her.


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
liberal is just merely a classification of left versus right And I am glad you agree!
Something something something "...incorrect liberal statements..." something something. Atheist heathen, communist, and child-murderer are just classifications too. Sorry to hear I turn your stomach though. I think there's a pill for that.

And in the name of fairness, there is at least one good thing I can say about Sarah Palin: she isn't Ann Coulter. And hey, whether we like her much or not; she had the stones to run for VP despite all the harassment she got. Good on her for that.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
And in the name of fairness, there is at least one good thing I can say about Sarah Palin: she isn't Ann Coulter.


But Coulter is just trying to perfect us Jews!


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
BigBL87's Avatar
 
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Location: Illinois

Posts: 452
Join Date: April 10th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 09:16 PM

I will only say this...

If she receives the Republican nomination in 2012, I will officially leave the Republican party (to be fair, I just finally registered this year). If she is the best that the Republican party can put forth, I will lose faith in the future of the party.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Kryptonite's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Gender: Male

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Sarah Palin - February 10th 2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin View Post
Anyways, I have to point out, however, how primitive this treatment of Sarah Palin is. It's beyond me how people can resort to such remedial methods of disagreement. So one finds her views (for whatever reason) unappealing-- I do not believe that is an excuse to make a mockery of someone. The same was done with GWB, and it is NOT okay. Is this how you people treat others amongst yourselves who you disagree with? Paint their face around with your words surrounded by meaningless, backless statements like "she's dumb, he's dumb, der, dah" ... if it is, shame on you, then. Or laughing at it? Seriously? Do you even know what you're laughing at? Most likely no, just your own ignorance. Because you are too misinformed to find actual facts and information backing your opposition to their views, you resort to trivial and juvenile tactics such as "bush looks like a monkey" or "palin's a bitch."

Honestly, all it does it lower my faith in my generation and pray God save our futures. Grow up.

Palin is a strong leader, an educated and admirable individual. She quit for her family and did what she believed was best. She stood in her debates and delivered her arguments how she believed they best be delivered. I do not agree with most of her views, nor do I see her as president because of her huge lack of experience, but just because she is on the other side of your limited political spectrum does not mean you bash her personal life. You attack personally, you have already lost the debate. Grow up.
Telling these people to grow up is fairly ironic. Welcome to Politics, Phin. People feed off these jokes. No one doubts she is educated or admirable.


Alex
[Click to PM me.]


"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If Iím alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
Iíll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3




   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
palin, sarah

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.