TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 11th 2010, 07:13 PM

Okay, okay, the title is a bit of a joke. But the reality behind it is quite startling.

This: http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archiv...ental-emphasis is a statement from Oregon University after conduction research into the environmental impact of having children. As the study states avoiding having one child can be up to "20 times more important" than making sure you recycle properly or using energy-efficent electricals.

I'm sure nobody will take this seriously, but look on the bright side- next time some eco-warrior tells you how much they're saving the environment you can tell them to stop being such a hypocrite as one of, if not the biggest man-made factor in climate change is quite simply, overpopulation.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

22:36 [Ergg] It's so much better to be a girl
22:36 [Ergg] IMO
22:36 [Jamie] Naw. Two words: Periods. Childbirth.
22:36 [Ergg] One word: Birth control
22:37 [Jamie] That's two words.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 12th 2010, 03:39 AM

I find this hilarious, although serious. Overpopulation is a problem at the moment, but we can't do much about it. The sad part is, Sodomy is illegal in some of the States, including mine.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 12th 2010, 03:49 AM

Birth control helps save the earth
Another good reason to be on it.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 12th 2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas* View Post
I find this hilarious, although serious. Overpopulation is a problem at the moment, but we can't do much about it. The sad part is, Sodomy is illegal in some of the States, including mine.
Really? That's retarded -_-;; How the hell would they even enforce such a farce of a law?

Anyways, getting back on topic:
Lol, this did make me laugh. But as Cas said, overpopulation is one of those things that we're just going to keep doing because humanity is...well, stupid -_-;;

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 24th 2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I'm sure nobody will take this seriously, but look on the bright side- next time some eco-warrior tells you how much they're saving the environment you can tell them to stop being such a hypocrite as one of, if not the biggest man-made factor in climate change is quite simply, overpopulation.
^^ It's true. The best way to combat that is to shift our resources so we have a lesser standard of living to accommodate the exponentially growing population. How willing are we to sacrifice our standard of living for the sake of the environment? Any takers? xD

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 24th 2010, 09:46 PM

The Supreme Court over turned sodomy laws in all states in 2003... so it cant be considered illegal, and if it is, you'll never be convicted.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 24th 2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
The Supreme Court over turned sodomy laws in all states in 2003... so it cant be considered illegal, and if it is, you'll never be convicted.
That's reassuring, lol.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 24th 2010, 10:14 PM

sodomy laws were deemed unconstitutional

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 25th 2010, 01:53 AM

Hey, China is already working on the whole overpopulation thing.
Yes, it's probably because China itself is really overpopulated, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world isn't. Compared to the populations of other species, even America is really overpopulated.

I don't plan on having kids. If you couldn't tell. I mean, if I did, I'd probably eat it before too long. lol

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 25th 2010, 02:31 PM

Also, just to clarify in regards to my previous post, I was being completely, 100% sincere. I just realised that sounded sarcastic.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 25th 2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabyEater View Post
Hey, China is already working on the whole overpopulation thing.
Its because you can only have one child right? I'm not positive... but if it is, I personally see nothing wrong with it. I guess its a human rights thing or whatever , but I wish the government could be allowed to tell you how many kids to have. Then I wouldnt get annoyed at the grocery store by the woman in her scooter cart thing with her 5 unruly kids. I don't see the point in having more than 2 kids... maybe back when you needed them to help run the farm or something. That show 17/18/19 kids and counting pisses me off.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Want to save the enviroment? Switch to Sodomy! - February 25th 2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
Its because you can only have one child right? I'm not positive... but if it is, I personally see nothing wrong with it. I guess its a human rights thing or whatever , but I wish the government could be allowed to tell you how many kids to have. Then I wouldn’t get annoyed at the grocery store by the woman in her scooter cart thing with her 5 unruly kids. I don't see the point in having more than 2 kids... maybe back when you needed them to help run the farm or something. That show 17/18/19 kids and counting pisses me off.

Exactly. I'm not sure we should be exactly punishing people for having more than one kid, because sometimes it's unplanned (half the time that’s due to stupidity) but also there's the whole rape and pregnancy thing. But as a society we're encouraging bad behavior and things bad for our environment, world, economy, ext... I hate how much attention things like "Octomom" get and stuff. We really don't need a bunch of people having eight plus kids... much less 19 plus kids!

I mean, I know any second now someone is going to pop in here preaching how they've been raised in a big family and how it's their dream to have their own big family blah..blah..blah... Honestly, I don't care Part of me says people should be able to have however many kids they want, but really, there are enough people in the world. What's so wrong with adopting?

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
Closed Thread