TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 04:15 PM

how come when any minority(blacks latinos homosexuals hell even women) groups shows pride ppl seem to congratulate then they can march gives speeches the whole nine yards but as a straight white male if u show pride ur looked at as racist (when was the last time u saw a white pride group and didnt think they were assholes) yes i know some groups take it too far kkk AB and such but r they any worse than the black panthers theese r radicalist groups. but ppl seem to get more pissed about a Ab rally than they would a black or gay pride 1.
an i know this omment will get me in a lot of trouble but hell theres got to be some reason that white males have basialy ruled the world for the past well couple centuries why do we get hated on just because we won the game?


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while
********
 
TheBabyEater's Avatar
 
Name: Marissa
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Iraw

Posts: 1,705
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 04:51 PM

I get what you mean. I always like to point out that pretty much every group out there, has been discriminated against in some way, even white straight men. Everyone is discriminated against, at once in history and even today. People are forced into stereotypes based of their skin color, gender, sexual preference... I think it's getting a tad better, but still. Asians are smart, Black people are ghetto, White people are rednecks or rich snobs, Gay men are obsessed with their looks and being pretty, Lesbians are butch or sluts... Atheists are big headed assholes, Christians are way too obsessed with God or hypocrites, Jews are good with money, Satanists are evil.. The list goes on and on. I could make it loads longer, trust me.

Me? I've never been too into pride days. I understand people wanting to be proud of who they are, and that's GREAT! Everyone should be proud of who they are, no one should feel they need to hide it. But there doesn't need to be all these stupid little labels on people, and if we'd all just accept each other, and judge based on who they are as a person instead of what they looked like, we wouldn't need pride days.

The fact alone that white people can hardly have any pride days, just shows that they're being discriminated against right there. Ironic eh?



Take me seriously.
I dare you.



  Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabyEater View Post


Me? I've never been too into pride days. I understand people wanting to be proud of who they are, and that's GREAT! Everyone should be proud of who they are, no one should feel they need to hide it. But there doesn't need to be all these stupid little labels on people, and if we'd all just accept each other, and judge based on who they are as a person instead of what they looked like, we wouldn't need pride days.

The fact alone that white people can hardly have any pride days, just shows that they're being discriminated against right there. Ironic eh?
Ah I wish things were like that too .
The thing is, "white pride" tends to mean KKK rallies, Aryan Brotherhood, and neo Nazi crap. The difference is that at Gay pride parades, there isn't a guy out in front screaming about how gay people are better than heterosexual people. It's just a show off. racial pride is stupid because no race is better than another. I do, however, support cultural festivals that are all about simply sharing your culture with another. No animosity towards one another, just learning and fun .


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 04:58 PM

i don't see anything wrong with white pride although i don't really see a massive need for it. i mean, generally white people are not discriminated against as much as black people or asian people or whatever. [yes i know this isn't the case everywhere.]

i don't really get how people can be 'proud' to be white.. it's not like it's an achievement, is it?.. you're white? wow, well done! urr.. yeah, i just don't understand the concept much. just because i'm white i don't feel the need to tell everyone how proud i am to be white..

maybe i'm different to everyone else but i don't see my colour as something i should be 'proud of'. i was born this way, i didn't become white through hard work or dedication. there are much more important things in my life that i am proud of other than the colour of my skin, which to me is pretty insignificant.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while
********
 
TheBabyEater's Avatar
 
Name: Marissa
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Iraw

Posts: 1,705
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post
i don't really get how people can be 'proud' to be white.. it's not like it's an achievement, is it?.. you're white? wow, well done! urr.. yeah, i just don't understand the concept much. just because i'm white i don't feel the need to tell everyone how proud i am to be white..

maybe i'm different to everyone else but i don't see my colour as something i should be 'proud of'. i was born this way, i didn't become white through hard work or dedication. there are much more important things in my life that i am proud of other than the colour of my skin, which to me is pretty insignificant.
People didn't really work hard to be Black or Asian or Gay either. True, sometimes coming out of the closet really sucks, but as for who they are...

And for anyone who is going to say "white people didn't have to fight for their rights!"
Actually, yeah. They did. lol Christians were discriminated against way back when, and many of were white. Along with Jewish people not too long ago. Chances are, and I'll almost guarentee this, everyone was discriminated against at one point in their family history. Whether it was for their skin color, or religion, or some other stereotype, they were. Just wanted to point that out.

That said, I know there is a different between pride based on things that happened years and years ago, and pride based on discrimination in one's own life. But again, everyone has been discriminated against in their own life as well. Whether it's because of a kid's braces, or glasses, or being a little chubby... I know I was for all three of those. (and more of course)

We should have a "I wear glasses" Pride day.



Take me seriously.
I dare you.



  Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Name: Lizzie
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 4,700
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 06:10 PM

Pride days never make any sense to me. Because they are always for things on how you were born. You were born a certain skin tone, you were born a certain sex you were born a certain sexual orientation. How can you be proud of something that you did not do?

Its like, lets make brown eyed people pride day. Everyone would be asking… why? But how is that any different from other traits that you are born with and celebrating those?




Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 06:15 PM

I guess because not much good has come from white pride. It's resulted in the holocaust, the KKK... Need I say more?


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 06:17 PM

I see two main reasons why white pride days don't occur. First, although every group gets discrimination in some form to some degree, in the Western world, white tend to have higher socioeconomic status, better health, higher well-being and they tend to occur in greater frequency or density at these levels. Other groups do also, such as blacks, however, not as often. So, this brings me to my first point: these pride days seem to always be associated with a group, usually a minority group, that is being heavily discriminated against and lack power. Whites have none of this, and so having a pride day may seem like a mockery to other groups' pride days. Second, white pride days may be perceived as racist because of past groups such as KKK, neo-Nazis, etc... . In other words, the more extreme groups are what are being pointed at as representing the entire white pride day.

In my view, these pride days or pride parades are essentially pointless. First, it's no big secret that the suppressed group exists. Second, if there is hate towards that group, then making a big parade for that group won't minimize the hate. It may increase it or at the very least, keep it constant. Third, it doesn't solve the issue of integrating the group into society with less discrimination. I'll bring back my eggplant analogy: if people celebrating eggplants for whatever evil reason were parading down streets, would my dislike to eggplants be reduced? No.

In the case of white pride parades, it's essentially showcasing that one race and since whites at least in the Western culture tend to have higher status, it'd be reinforcing the fact that they have higher status in the face of those who don't.

If one has pride for their race, sexual orientation or whatever else, you don't, need to make a day for it whereby you and some others prance around. If you're proud, then live with it, perhaps even wear certain clothing or accessory items to show it, or just wear normal clothing but don't be submissive when issues are brought up. That is pride, not devoting one day to shutting off busy roads so you can prance around. You can do that if the world doesn't know you exist as it will get you on the map but the world knows whites, blacks, gay, latinos, etc... all exist.

I think it's gotten out of hand to such a point where "6ft tall day", "albino day", "obese day", "cancer-patient day" and whatever else would occur. It seems to be a fad, a rather lame and pointless one.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I guess because not much good has come from white pride. It's resulted in the holocaust, the KKK... Need I say more?
yea and black pride has been soo good(africa is such a peacefull land)


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
yea and black pride has been soo good(africa is such a peacefull land)
You know well that I'm 100% right.

Where I'm from there isn't much black pride. South Africa is all messed up for several reasons, not because of black pride. Blacks kill blacks over there.

You forget that whites did most everything wrong to everyone... Blacks, Indians...


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough
*********
 
Melody Pond's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 2,684
Blog Entries: 69
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I guess because not much good has come from white pride. It's resulted in the holocaust, the KKK... Need I say more?
White pride wasn't exactly a main cause of the holocaust. Hitler and Nazi's killed a lot of white people too.

There was an element of white pride during the holocaust but it didn't really cause it.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz Rach View Post


White pride wasn't exactly a main cause of the holocaust. Hitler and Nazi's killed a lot of white people too.

There was an element of white pride during the holocaust but it didn't really cause it.
Yeah, that's what I mean, It was a main cause. But white power had much to do with it. Nazi's.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:22 PM

100% right yes u named 1 bad event(jews r white if u missed that so holocaust is out) and a group who most white ppl agree is fucked up
and as for ur last point yes whites had black slaves(whom they bought from other blacks) and as for indian r u talking native americans or indians and either way u cannot try and guilt us for sumthing that happened befor even our grandparents were born, whereas darfur and other african slaughters have been much more recent
also yes 300 years ago whites did do the most damage because they were the only race capable of traveling the world think about it while columbus was crossing aceans native americans lived in huts of sticks and mud and paddleing canoes whites r seem historically s bad because they won the warsif the natives could have they would have killed every whoite man they saw but they werent capable its not like we landed and shot them all in there sleep there were battles natives lostand this is my point. through history no race has had more power than whites so y should i feel guilty for that i should be proud that i come from ppl who do 1 thing better than any1 else and that 1 thing is win


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Yeah, that's what I mean, It was a main cause. But white power had much to do with it. Nazi's.
yes nazi were white so were aout 90% of the ppl in the ovens


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz Rach View Post


White pride wasn't exactly a main cause of the holocaust. Hitler and Nazi's killed a lot of white people too.

There was an element of white pride during the holocaust but it didn't really cause it.
Yeah, that's what I mean, It was a main cause. But white power had much to do with it. Nazi's.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
100% right yes u named 1 bad event(jews r white if u missed that so holocaust is out) and a group who most white ppl agree is fucked up
and as for ur last point yes whites had black slaves(whom they bought from other blacks) and as for indian r u talking native americans or indians and either way u cannot try and guilt us for sumthing that happened befor even our grandparents were born, whereas darfur and other african slaughters have been much more recent
also yes 300 years ago whites did do the most damage because they were the only race capable of traveling the world think about it while columbus was crossing aceans native americans lived in huts of sticks and mud and paddleing canoes whites r seem historically s bad because they won the warsif the natives could have they would have killed every whoite man they saw but they werent capable its not like we landed and shot them all in there sleep there were battles natives lostand this is my point. through history no race has had more power than whites so y should i feel guilty for that i should be proud that i come from ppl who do 1 thing better than any1 else and that 1 thing is win
I'm white as well, so when you mean us, you're including me. I'm not guilt tripping anyone. I'm saying that a lot of our past is horrible and we don't have much to be "prideful" about. We are not the minority, there's no reason for us to "stand up" because we are the rich, the selfish, the intelligent. Because we are better off in society. Why are you proud of your skin color? There's no reason.

Columbus wasn't white for your info.

Don't be prideful to be white. let's be thankful and keep our mouths shut while the rest build up and better themselves. That's what I believe we should do.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 09:39 PM

y should i not be proud of what the white race has achieved hell even our most horrible acts are on a scale that no other race could have ever attempted now ul sit there and act like im a racist but the fact is im just pointing out minorities r proud y shouldnt the powerful have pride as well is pride only for those who r repressed can u not be proud of strength


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
y should i not be proud of what the white race has achieved hell even our most horrible acts are on a scale that no other race could have ever attempted now ul sit there and act like im a racist but the fact is im just pointing out minorities r proud y shouldnt the powerful have pride as well is pride only for those who r repressed can u not be proud of strength
I'm white too. White power is wrong. Equality to all races. You're not changing my mind. Forget it.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
yes nazi were white so were aout 90% of the ppl in the ovens
Wow... People in the ovens. You men Jewish people? Seriously disrespectful. Way to talk about people that were starved, worked and put to death in "showers." I feel very passionate about the holocaust as I think It was probably the worst even to ever take place in history.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I'm white too. White power is wrong. Equality to all races. You're not changing my mind. Forget it.
Herm... What Holly said.

You say you can't be guilt tripped for what white people in the past did... So why be proud of what white people in the past did. Good or bad, it affects us now so you can't choose to ignore one and hold up the other. Bad logic.
I'm white and I know it. So what. My best friend is Hawaiian. Great. She knows it too. Big deal. Take pride in what you have done, in who you have made yourself into. Don't just sit there being all proud for a damn skin pigmentation. It's meaningless and pitiful to take pride in it.


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:14 PM

I think that any kind of "pride" parades or anything like that is just absolutely ridiculous. I'm proud to be white, and I'm proud to be male? Because I was born white and I was born a male, that's why I'm proud of who I am. I accept myself for who I am, and therefore I am proud for who I am. Do I need to have a parade or anything like that to celebrate my pride? Absolutely not. Do I need to let the whole world know that I'm a heterosexual? Absolutely not. No pride should be celebrated. Be proud of who you are, and you're good to go.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:19 PM

Anything else to say?


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I think that any kind of "pride" parades or anything like that is just absolutely ridiculous. I'm proud to be white, and I'm proud to be male? Because I was born white and I was born a male, that's why I'm proud of who I am. I accept myself for who I am, and therefore I am proud for who I am. Do I need to have a parade or anything like that to celebrate my pride? Absolutely not. Do I need to let the whole world know that I'm a heterosexual? Absolutely not. No pride should be celebrated. Be proud of who you are, and you're good to go.

While I agree what what you're getting at, the problem in this comes whaen people completely build their lives and identities around their skin color. They honestly think that it's the skin color or sexual orientation that they were born with that makes them who they are. I'm not disagreeing with you in the least, just expanding and pointing out that some people interpret what makes them who they are differently than rational/ sane people do .


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while
********
 
TheBabyEater's Avatar
 
Name: Marissa
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Iraw

Posts: 1,705
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:37 PM

Need I say again that quite literally everyone has been disciminated against?

Including you, me, your parents, your friends.
Yes, even those 'all powerful' white men.

Case settled in my opinion


Pride days are almost unnecessary really. As many have pointed out, it's just a celebration because of something you were naturally born into really.
Again, not to say you shouldn't be proud of who you are. People totally should be. But we might as well have a day celebrating those of us who enjoy eating Potatoes.

I'm serious. It's time for a Potatoe Parade. Can't wait for the PP.



Take me seriously.
I dare you.



  Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Wow... People in the ovens. You men Jewish people? Seriously disrespectful. Way to talk about people that were starved, worked and put to death in "showers." I feel very passionate about the holocaust as I think It was probably the worst even to ever take place in history.
before u cact like im speaking of other get ur facts straight jews made up about 6million of the 11 million ppl killed in the holocaust yes they were bulk of the ppl killed but millions of gypsies were also killed i know this being of gypsy decent to a fairly high drgree

and if u call it the worst u r sadly mistaken stalin killed more of his own ppl than hitler killed jews and more russians were killed than holocaust victims during the war ifs its a argument about ww2 u want then bring it but this is about being proud of ur race and ur arguments have used white power groups thats like saying u cant be proud of being a russian because of the ussr or u cant be a proud jew because of there involvment if mafia style gangs in the last century


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
before u cact like im speaking of other get ur facts straight jews made up about 6million of the 11 million ppl killed in the holocaust yes they were bulk of the ppl killed but millions of gypsies were also killed i know this being of gypsy decent to a fairly high drgree

and if u call it the worst u r sadly mistaken stalin killed more of his own ppl than hitler killed jews and more russians were killed than holocaust victims during the war ifs its a argument about ww2 u want then bring it but this is about being proud of ur race and ur arguments have used white power groups thats like saying u cant be proud of being a russian because of the ussr or u cant be a proud jew because of there involvment if mafia style gangs in the last century
I can believe what I want to believe. Stalin or Hiltler, I pick the villain.

P.S. You really need to work on your spelling because It's hard for me to read your posts.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 20th 2010, 11:31 PM

lol i just had that pointed out to me yes i am a pretty bad at typing but ill make an effort to clearly typr my messages before i enter then

so your saying that even though stalin killed more people than hitler you still view him as a lesser evil

and yes you have the right to believe whatever you want but that doesn't mean you are right. if it did there wouldn't be so many religions in the world


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
lol i just had that pointed out to me yes i am a pretty bad at typing but ill make an effort to clearly typr my messages before i enter then

so your saying that even though stalin killed more people than hitler you still view him as a lesser evil

and yes you have the right to believe whatever you want but that doesn't mean you are right. if it did there wouldn't be so many religions in the world
My religion has nothing to do with this


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 03:46 AM

i never said urs did
i was pointing out how simply because u believe sumthing does not make it true


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:00 AM

Guys, let's pick a topic and stick too it. Pride is a good topic, so talk about pride. If you want to debate WWII, make another thread. That way everyone knows what everyone is talking about. Thank you

That said, I'm against pride parades. I'm all for women's rights, gay rights, black rights, and for advocating for equal justice and equal pay, but you don't need a parade to tell the world that you are proud of yourself. I mean, seriously, if your self esteem is low enough, that you just have to have a parade, be my guest.

White power is seen as a bad thing, as suppressive. I believe in equal power, not white or black. Equal rights. Pride doesn't have a colour, neither does love, faith, belief, or power.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:11 AM

That depends on whether or not any kind of "pride" is a good thing. Personally, I don't really see how you can be proud of something you have no control over. Besides that, I think emphasizing that people are "different" just reinforces inequality. Do people not realize that the colour of your skin really shouldn't matter? Do people have pride marches for having brown hair or green eyes or blonde hair or whatever? On the other hand, does racism really end up being about where you're from? I'm guessing racism started because it showed that people were foreign. I have no problem with people being proud of their heritage or what country they come from, but then does that again emphasize that humans are different?


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I have no problem with people being proud of their heritage or what country they come from, but then does that again emphasize that humans are different?
What's so wrong about being different? Everyone is different, there are no carbon copies. Celebrating ones heritage is awesome, and it's different then having a pride day.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
y should i not be proud of what the white race has achieved
Because you didn't achieve them? I fail to see why you should be proud of something someone with the same skin colour as you did. Those are other people's accomplishments, not yours.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I have no problem with people being proud of their heritage or what country they come from, but then does that again emphasize that humans are different?
It would emphasize humans are different but then again, all humans are different in the first place so it's not something that's "wrong". Even if humans did manage to successfully clone themselves, they still wouldn't act the same, just look at the clones of various animals. Rainbow, a cat, was cloned and CC was the clone. Genetically they were 100% identical but how they interacted with others and how they appeared superficially was different. Humans aren't 100% genetically related to our parents, so being different is something that will occur, there's nothing we can do about it. It's not a problem at all.
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas* View Post
What's so wrong about being different?
Because seeing people who have a different tone of skin as better or lesser is wrong?


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while
********
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Name: Toast
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 1,285
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!YOU'RE$NUCKING$FUTZ!!! View Post
It would emphasize humans are different but then again, all humans are different in the first place so it's not something that's "wrong". Even if humans did manage to successfully clone themselves, they still wouldn't act the same, just look at the clones of various animals. Rainbow, a cat, was cloned and CC was the clone. Genetically they were 100% identical but how they interacted with others and how they appeared superficially was different. Humans aren't 100% genetically related to our parents, so being different is something that will occur, there's nothing we can do about it. It's not a problem at all.
I'm surprised I have to point this out in a racism thread, but when I said seeing people as different I meant seeing peoples as different. Obviously we all have different DNA. That has nothing to do with seeing (for example) whites and blacks as different from the other. This isn't about how everyone needs to "be themselves" and be special and so on. I would have thought that would be obvious.


Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Fucking Done's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Posts: 658
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 21st 2010, 02:46 PM

Nobody should have pride parades and shit like that, it's stupid.
No gay pride, black pride, white pride, etc.
I don't care how gay you are, black you are or white you are. So get off my streets :P
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 22nd 2010, 06:36 AM

White pride is fine, it's nice to see people proud of who they are, not to say that we should take it to far, like the KKK or such. I am proud of being German, especially with all the discrimination we face.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 22nd 2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
White pride is fine, it's nice to see people proud of who they are, not to say that we should take it to far, like the KKK or such. I am proud of being German, especially with all the discrimination we face.
Regarding your pride for your German heritage, would you go as far as having a German Pride Parade? If so, what's the point, what is the desired result(s)? Everyone faces discrimination of some form to some degree.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: why is white pride a bad thing - February 22nd 2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!YOU'RE$NUCKING$FUTZ!!! View Post
Regarding your pride for your German heritage, would you go as far as having a German Pride Parade? If so, what's the point, what is the desired result(s)? Everyone faces discrimination of some form to some degree.
I was stuck in traffic because of some Gay Pride parade in San Fransisco with all those rainbow colored flags everywhere and people marching, yes, I would happily hold a German Pride parade, and then a festival afterwards, with Sauerkraut and Hasenpfeffer (Rabbit stew).


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
bad, pride, thing, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.