TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Tomb's Avatar
 
Age: 31

Posts: 319
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 06:56 PM

Obama is almost guaranteed to be a one term president. for Six reasons

One - Lack of Exprience

Two - Broken Promises, Where is the change?

Three - He doesn't listen to the peoples needs! He continues to cram the health care bill down congresses' throat but they dont want it. The main priority is Jobs. How do people pay for their health insurances without jobs? How do they eat with out jobs? It is the top prioty but Obama is too stubborn to focus on jobs more and deliver the results.

Four - Congress will have more Republicans, because right now democrats have the majority, and based on the latest polls congresses approval rating is very very low

Five - Regardless of Democrats majority, they are competent. Based on the fact that they fail to pass many bills because they cannot work as a team instead they work in small fractions of "blue dog democrats"(conservative democrats), Moderates, Super-liberals and others with their own agenda. Whereas the Republicans work as a team by saying no. The small republican minority is capable of killing all the bills related to health care. To be a successful politian you must pass the bills you want, or atleast eliminate the bills you do not agree on!

Six - Obama's approval rating is at around 50 percent. Last month is was below 50 percent, Obama's approval rating will affect the 2010 congressional election.

Seven - The voters a irrational, they really want change so they will get rid of obama as soon as they can. Obama is really the transition president that is made to fail. Because the economy was soo messed up by the mortgage crises left by the clinton and bush administration. The middle eastern was continues to eat up americas resources and reputation.


Obama is made to fail, regardless if you like his ideas or not. He is really a sacrificial lamb. A Jimmy Carter.
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 332986 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 07:01 PM

Broken promises. I agree! What happened to the promise to give immigrants a green care so they can stay here?!

He's a *&@@$E%^$^^#@!


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 07:03 PM

I see another Republican in 2012.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?
**********
 
MadPoet's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda.
Age: 24
Gender: Female.
Location: Michigan.

Posts: 4,685
Blog Entries: 121
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 07:33 PM

I completely agree with you. He preaches that people are not as approving of him any longer because "they don't like change." But really, people don't approve of him because he hasn't changed anything! He's also completely progressive, which is an extremely scary thought. If he is voted in again, I'm totally moving to Canada.





A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts


   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while
********
 
Jocelyn.'s Avatar
 
Name: Joce
Gender: Female
Location: Paradise

Posts: 1,135
Join Date: January 28th 2010

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 07:46 PM

Unfortunately you're probably correct.

Obama is such a horrible president for not being able to change the country, and correct all of Bush's mistakes in one whole year. I'm not surpirised his approval ratings are so low, because people want their change and they want it now! No one is willing to work for it and work together, republicans or democrats. He has greats ideas, and I feel like he's trying... but like you said, no one can work together. Having only two parties to chose from to run the country, with two totally different views on things is the worst thing to happen to this country.

I do agree with your #3 reason though... health insurance is a major problem right now, but we need to start at the beginning, get people back to work and get the economy back on track first.


When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
   
5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Kryptonite's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Gender: Male

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 08:15 PM

Every single 'argument" you gave is horridly flawed. You cannot expect him to solve all the issues immediately, nor can you ask him to do it by himself. When the republicans will shoot down anything that Obama supports, just because Obama supports it, things will never change. They need to stop voting for their party - and voting for the people.


Alex
[Click to PM me.]


"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If Iím alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
Iíll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3




   
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,720
Blog Entries: 1770
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 10:23 PM

I don't know what I think, really. In my opinion I don't think that Obama is doing all that bad. Yes, there are still changes that need to be made but I think that his focus on the health care bill is because he knows that if he waits too long people will not want to support it as much. If he gets that done and over with as soon as possible the support will not dwindle.

In my opinion I don't see a republican getting into office any time soon. If I can be honest I think there are still quite a few people who are wary of republicans.

I think that Obama is doing decently given everything he has had to work with. I am hoping that with time things will get better though.


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 28

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
Unfortunately you're probably correct.

Obama is such a horrible president for not being able to change the country, and correct all of Bush's mistakes in one whole year.
Well when that inability is due to just following the same path, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If You Only Knew View Post
Every single 'argument" you gave is horridly flawed. You cannot expect him to solve all the issues immediately
But you can expect him to make moves to do so.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
Obama is almost guaranteed to be a one term president. for Six reasons

One - Lack of Exprience

Two - Broken Promises, Where is the change?

Three - He doesn't listen to the peoples needs! He continues to cram the health care bill down congresses' throat but they dont want it. The main priority is Jobs. How do people pay for their health insurances without jobs? How do they eat with out jobs? It is the top prioty but Obama is too stubborn to focus on jobs more and deliver the results.

Four - Congress will have more Republicans, because right now democrats have the majority, and based on the latest polls congresses approval rating is very very low

Five - Regardless of Democrats majority, they are competent. Based on the fact that they fail to pass many bills because they cannot work as a team instead they work in small fractions of "blue dog democrats"(conservative democrats), Moderates, Super-liberals and others with their own agenda. Whereas the Republicans work as a team by saying no. The small republican minority is capable of killing all the bills related to health care. To be a successful politian you must pass the bills you want, or atleast eliminate the bills you do not agree on!

Six - Obama's approval rating is at around 50 percent. Last month is was below 50 percent, Obama's approval rating will affect the 2010 congressional election.

Seven - The voters a irrational, they really want change so they will get rid of obama as soon as they can. Obama is really the transition president that is made to fail. Because the economy was soo messed up by the mortgage crises left by the clinton and bush administration. The middle eastern was continues to eat up americas resources and reputation.


Obama is made to fail, regardless if you like his ideas or not. He is really a sacrificial lamb. A Jimmy Carter.

REFUTATIONS
1. Lack of experience is a stupid argument. The next 3 years are experience. Somehow I doubt the next presidential candidate will have been president of a country before

2. CHANGE. Good lord... It's been one year. You people are giving him one measely year to fix the @#$% ups of the last eight years?! I fail to see that logic. Shut up and let the man work. Quit your bitchin' and pining for instant gratification.

3. As some one who recently has been having a nightmare of a time with the healthcare system, I believe it is extremely important. There are just so many things wrong that one man can't fix it alone. People aren't wanting to work with him or together because of bipartisan idiocy and stubborness. It's on both sides. Jobs are important too, I agree, but so is healthcare. Wait until you need to see a doctor and can't. As some one from Hawai'i where we have a similar system to the one proposed in the bill, I can say I love it! Now I'm in Oregon and can't see a goddamn doctor!

4. Sure, they may get more republicans but in the next 3 years, while they oppose everything just for the hell of it and nothing is done, (hopefully) people will see that just electing people who oppose Obama isn't a smart or particularly mature answer. It's like a highschool popularity contest.

5. Not all republicans agree with all republican ideas. Not all Democrats agree with Democrat ideas. The truth is, no matter what party they're in, politicians, in the end, vote based on their personal ideologies more than anything else. No one is working together. It's petty and selfish but, here's the kicker, IT'S NOT OBAMA'S FAULT SO STOP BLAMING HIM FOR OTHERS' STUPIDITY.

6. It's the approval rating after 1 year. You're basing the next 3 on that? That's sad.

7- yes, you had 7 reasons... I think...
Well hopefully people will learn to be patient. It's sad that the American way is wanting instant results. Really a sad sign of our culture... In one year, 12+ years aren't going to be fixed magically. Especially with every one just bitching. How about people get off their asses and try to do what they can for themselves. He's not a king, he's not there to tell us what to do. People seem to be looking for a magic fix that Obama is supposed to pull out of thin air. There isn't one. Maybe try listening to the man and you'll see that he knows it too and encourages people to do what they can to be financially responsible and encourages the rest of the government to work together. It isn't his fault that people are stupid.

AT THIS POINT WE DESERVE HIM AS A ONE TER PRESIDENT. WE DESERVE TO STAY @#$%ED UP!

I love this country, it's the citizens I can't stand...


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."

Last edited by Lizzie; February 26th 2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: No need for name calling.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
TakeTheLeap's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,309
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 10:55 PM

I agree with the OP.
One of the major flaws I've seen with Obama is that he's too pig-headed to work -with- the people. For example: During the State of the Union address not long ago, he said that the Republicans in congress were, "Saying no just to say no." That congress doesn't work together as a team. Why does he think they're saying no just based on their political party? It seems to me that he doesn't see a problem with his "lovely plan" and everyone is just out to stop this "change" from happening.

I don't like Obama. I don't understand why people were so crazy about him to begin with. He promised this "change" yet has seemingly done nothing. When that's -all- you push for your campaign slogan, it creates a false sense of security, and people think that you're going to get things done. The flaw that I saw in his campaign was that he told you what he wanted to do, but never how. He never gave a timeline for how things would start happening.

Don't get me wrong, though. I didn't like ANY of the candidates from the past election, and I'm incredibly disappointed that it was the first election that I got to vote in and it was just terrible all around.


ďDon't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 24th 2010, 11:45 PM

I can't really express my feelings in anything other than all caps.

OBAMA HAS BEEN TRYING TO PUT BILLS THROUGH BUT BECAUSE OF OUR NATIONS POLARIZED POLITICS, HE CANNOT GET ANY REPUBLICAN VOTES IN THE LEGISLATURE. PRESIDENT DOES NOT ALONE AFFECT THE LAWS IN OUR COUNTRY.

Obama has called the summit tomorrow on live television because he has been trying to pass healthcare plans and Republicans are just saying no. He has asked them to offer alternatives (the Republicans that say they don't like his specific plan), and nothing else has been proposed. He could technically push a bill through with the majority only, but that would make him appear heavy handed. He is trying to gain some Republican support so he has some political minority support. BUT, since no one who opposes it has given any alternatives at all, he is going to hold a live summit to show that some Republicans are shooting it down and not even offering any ideas of their own, simply stopping the bill because he is a democrat.


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?
**********
 
MadPoet's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda.
Age: 24
Gender: Female.
Location: Michigan.

Posts: 4,685
Blog Entries: 121
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by If You Only Knew View Post
When the republicans will shoot down anything that Obama supports, just because Obama supports it, things will never change. They need to stop voting for their party - and voting for the people.
Oh please. Just because someone supports something doesn't mean it's going to get done, as Obama has proved. Sure, Obama might support a new health care plan (which is completely ridiculous, if I may add) but do we see it happening? No (and thank God).

The republications are shooting down what Obama is doing, not what he supports. And what Obama is doing is nothing.

Also, check your history books. It's not just the republications who protest against democrats. The democrats protest against the republicans. There are also many statistics on the approval rates of Obama, and many democrats who voted for Obama now disapprove of him.

Political parties will always be in the picture, they have been since Washington. We have the right to vote for who we choose, and we have our own reasons for doing so. You might not like it, but you better get used to it.





A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts


   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?
**********
 
MadPoet's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda.
Age: 24
Gender: Female.
Location: Michigan.

Posts: 4,685
Blog Entries: 121
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
I can't really express my feelings in anything other than all caps.

OBAMA HAS BEEN TRYING TO PUT BILLS THROUGH BUT BECAUSE OF OUR NATIONS POLARIZED POLITICS, HE CANNOT GET ANY REPUBLICAN VOTES IN THE LEGISLATURE. PRESIDENT DOES NOT ALONE AFFECT THE LAWS IN OUR COUNTRY.
And thank God for that!





A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts


   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfNyx View Post


And thank God for that!
But then why do you bash him for not causing 'change' when you want nothing done in the first place?


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?
**********
 
MadPoet's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda.
Age: 24
Gender: Female.
Location: Michigan.

Posts: 4,685
Blog Entries: 121
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
But then why do you bash him for not causing 'change' when you want nothing done in the first place?
I don't agree with Obama's plans for our country, but I would have much more tolerance for him if he were to actually push something through, even if it were something I do not want implemented. The only thing worse than a president who pushes through laws you disagree with is one who changes nothing.

Also, instead of us ganging up on the republicans, we need to look at the nation as a whole; not just republican vs. democrat. If the republicans are so against Obama, then Obama should be working to please both political parties, not just the democrats. In order to be successful, Obama needs to try his best to pass laws that settle well with everyone. If every single law Obama proposes is being declined, then obviously he's not coming up with ideas that will do this. Presidents need to be open to adjusting their plans so that they can at least somewhat please everyone in the country. Of course it's not possible to please everyone, but Obama should at least be making an effort to please the republicans as well.





A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts


   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 01:26 AM

I don't think America can ever pay back the debt we are currently in because it's so high.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfNyx View Post


I don't agree with Obama's plans for our country, but I would have much more tolerance for him if he were to actually push something through, even if it were something I do not want implemented. The only thing worse than a president who pushes through laws you disagree with is one who changes nothing.
But if he pushes something through, he won't have support of Republicans and then people will think he is just pushing Democrat agenda without regard for Republicans...

Quote:
Also, instead of us ganging up on the republicans, we need to look at the nation as a whole; not just republican vs. democrat. If the republicans are so against Obama, then Obama should be working to please both political parties, not just the democrats. In order to be successful, Obama needs to try his best to pass laws that settle well with everyone. If every single law Obama proposes is being declined, then obviously he's not coming up with ideas that will do this. Presidents need to be open to adjusting their plans so that they can at least somewhat please everyone in the country. Of course it's not possible to please everyone, but Obama should at least be making an effort to please the republicans as well.
Obama has been open to adjust his plans! That is exactly why is calling for the summit, so he can show that Republicans are the ones being narrow-minded and unopen to discussion.

Since Congress is so polarized, conservatives will not compromise. And since conservatives are not compromising, the only forward 'change' that we will have in our policies will come from a conservative leader. Bitterly ironic, how the only progress we will have comes from the people who probably won't want change anyways.


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Kryptonite's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Gender: Male

Posts: 541
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfNyx View Post


Oh please. Just because someone supports something doesn't mean it's going to get done, as Obama has proved. Sure, Obama might support a new health care plan (which is completely ridiculous, if I may add) but do we see it happening? No (and thank God).

The republications are shooting down what Obama is doing, not what he supports. And what Obama is doing is nothing.

Also, check your history books. It's not just the republications who protest against democrats. The democrats protest against the republicans. There are also many statistics on the approval rates of Obama, and many democrats who voted for Obama now disapprove of him.

Political parties will always be in the picture, they have been since Washington. We have the right to vote for who we choose, and we have our own reasons for doing so. You might not like it, but you better get used to it.
Ha- the only thing that Obama can actually do is support something. He can introduce/suggest the law, but it is all about the congressmen to get it through. That's why he supports it, not does it. And thank you for the history lesson, I really had no idea that parties didn't always support each other.


Alex
[Click to PM me.]


"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If Iím alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
Iíll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3




   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by If You Only Knew View Post
Ha- the only thing that Obama can actually do is support something. He can introduce/suggest the law, but it is all about the congressmen to get it through. That's why he supports it, not does it. And thank you for the history lesson, I really had no idea that parties didn't always support each other.
Thank you Alex . I'm glad some one else realizes that's he's a president not a dictator. Hell, it's what we revolted against to become a nation! *sigh*. As much as we'd like a president to have a magic wand to do everything for us, that's not his job as president.


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 06:35 AM

We need a traditional Fascist to lead this nation, lower taxes, increase our power abroad, gain political control of the oil reserves, and create a sturdy economy where credit can be given and businesses can be started again.

From where I stand, Obama is going to ruin this country, worst President ever!


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfNyx View Post
I completely agree with you. He preaches that people are not as approving of him any longer because "they don't like change." But really, people don't approve of him because he hasn't changed anything! He's also completely progressive, which is an extremely scary thought. If he is voted in again, I'm totally moving to Canada.
Erm, you know that we're typically a progressive lot too, right? Most of Obama's progressive ideas are already in place up here.

Tomb: is it just me, or did you make this thread once already.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
We need a traditional Fascist to lead this nation, lower taxes, increase our power abroad, gain political control of the oil reserves, and create a sturdy economy where credit can be given and businesses can be started again.

From where I stand, Obama is going to ruin this country, worst President ever!
Well then we wouldn't be America. Thank God we wouldn't be stupid enough to give in to a dictator. I refuse to be told how to live my life by some A-hole politician.

ONE YEAR AND HE'S THE WORST EVER?! Good God, people... Impatient, judgemental. So American.


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Nymous's Avatar
 
Name: Clara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Belgium

Posts: 156
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 11th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 03:53 PM

Christ, christ! That can't be true! You are complaining on Obama because he doesn't change things? There has been a rubbish health system in America for a very long time and know he wants to do it better and you complain? I'm sorry, but the health system from now is rubbish. I can tell you that. I'm not American, I'm from Belgium. We have the health system that he wants to have.
Here, when you go to the doctor, you are paid back by something that calls the Social and Health Care. That's something that is organised by this: everyone pays some taxes for health. it's a bit like the retirement system. You pay your working life to receive money at your retirement. So is it for the health care.
Maybe I'm subjectif, but I have to say we have an excellent health care and if one day they would change it into the same system as in America, I can tell you that I immigrate immediately.

Guile, you want a traditional fascist leader? A Fascist leader? I'm nearly sure that you don't like Stalin, so which kind of traditional fascist leader do you mean? Hitler? If such a leader would be president for only one year in America, I can guarantee that the USA will meet soon the army of the UN and of nearly all the European countries. Maybe also from Canada. And that would be World War I over and again, but in America.

Last edited by Nymous; February 26th 2010 at 10:49 AM.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen View Post

ONE YEAR AND HE'S THE WORST EVER?! Good God, people... Impatient, judgemental. So American.
This. 1000000 times this. I know by 2012 things will be different, but he's not god. And if you expected him to do everything immediately, then that's your own fault for being retarded. Not his.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
SparklingWine's Avatar
 
Name: Lynds :)
Age: 27
Gender: Grill ;)
Location: Seattle

Posts: 7,232
Blog Entries: 197
Join Date: February 19th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen View Post
REFUTATIONS
1. Lack of experience is a stupid argument. The next 3 years are experience. Somehow I doubt the next presidential candidate will have been president of a country before

2. CHANGE. Good lord... It's been one year. You people are giving him one measely year to fix the @#$% ups of the last eight years?! I fail to see that logic. Shut up and let the man work. Quit your bitchin' and pining for instant gratification.

3. As some one who recently has been having a nightmare of a time with the healthcare system, I believe it is extremely important. There are just so many things wrong that one man can't fix it alone. People aren't wanting to work with him or together because of bipartisan idiocy and stubborness. It's on both sides. Jobs are important too, I agree, but so is healthcare. Wait until you need to see a doctor and can't. As some one from Hawai'i where we have a similar system to the one proposed in the bill, I can say I love it! Now I'm in Oregon and can't see a goddamn doctor!

4. Sure, they may get more republicans but in the next 3 years, while they oppose everything just for the hell of it and nothing is done, (hopefully) people will see that just electing people who oppose Obama isn't a smart or particularly mature answer. It's like a highschool popularity contest.

5. Not all republicans agree with all republican ideas. Not all Democrats agree with Democrat ideas. The truth is, no matter what party they're in, politicians, in the end, vote based on their personal ideologies more than anything else. No one is working together. It's petty and selfish but, here's the kicker, IT'S NOT OBAMA'S FAULT SO STOP BLAMING HIM FOR OTHERS' STUPIDITY.

6. It's the approval rating after 1 year. You're basing the next 3 on that? That's sad.

7- yes, you had 7 reasons... I think...
Well hopefully people will learn to be patient. It's sad that the American way is wanting instant results. Really a sad sign of our culture... In one year, 12+ years aren't going to be fixed magically. Especially with every one just bitching. How about people get off their asses and try to do what they can for themselves. He's not a king, he's not there to tell us what to do. People seem to be looking for a magic fix that Obama is supposed to pull out of thin air. There isn't one. Maybe try listening to the man and you'll see that he knows it too and encourages people to do what they can to be financially responsible and encourages the rest of the government to work together. It isn't his fault that people are stupid.

AT THIS POINT WE DESERVE HIM AS A ONE TER PRESIDENT. WE DESERVE TO STAY @#$%ED UP!

I love this country, it's the citizens I can't stand...
This to me says it all.

He is going to be our president for atleast the next three years so we should get used to it.

Bush created a horrible mess..I'd like to see you all fix it in one year. I respect everyones opinion..but let's be realistic. He is only one person.

And without the help of his fellow congressmen, it's all the more.


I will say that Obama needs to become more organized, and prioritize a little better..he needs a better plan. He does have good ideas though..

I have a feeling he will get re-elected though because he is our first african american president..

And an idea I have: People might not want to vote for a republican because Bush effed up the country and people are scared..



Last edited by Lizzie; February 26th 2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Edited quote.
  Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while
********
 
Jocelyn.'s Avatar
 
Name: Joce
Gender: Female
Location: Paradise

Posts: 1,135
Join Date: January 28th 2010

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Well when that inability is due to just following the same path, yeah.
How is he following the same path? He's trying... but as I and others have said, no one can work together to implement anything new to make these changes. He proposes ideas and they all get shot down. Its ultimately up to Congress, not President Obama. His term is only 1/4 over... he still has a while to go.

As far as I know, Obama also isn't starting pointless wars that last years longer than they should... on the same path my @$$.

So, tell me how things would have been better with McCain/Palin? I'm curious.


When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Name: Lizzie
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 4,700
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 09:09 PM

There is a reason I didn't vote for him in the first place. And I do not plan to vote for him next term.




Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 28

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 25th 2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymous View Post
Frost, you want a traditional fascist leader? A Fascist leader? I'm nearly sure that you don't like Stalin, so which kind of traditional fascist leader do you mean? Hitler? If such a leader would be president for only one year in America, I can guarantee that the USA will meet soon the army of the UN and of nearly all the European countries. Maybe also from Canada. And that would be World War I over and again, but in America.
That wasn't me, if you're addressing me.

PROTIP: Use of quotes is very useful in letting people know you are responding to their points. Learn to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
How is he following the same path? He's trying... but as I and others have said, no one can work together to implement anything new to make these changes. He proposes ideas and they all get shot down. Its ultimately up to Congress, not President Obama. His term is only 1/4 over... he still has a while to go.

As far as I know, Obama also isn't starting pointless wars that last years longer than they should... on the same path my @$$.
He may not be starting wars, but he's maintaining the status quo in one and escalating another. And there's his economic policies which are basically even bigger continuations of the Bush-era stimulus and deficits. Not exactly "change".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
So, tell me how things would have been better with McCain/Palin? I'm curious.
Nice strawman. I never made the assertion that they would've been.
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Nymous's Avatar
 
Name: Clara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Belgium

Posts: 156
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 11th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 26th 2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
That wasn't me, if you're addressing me.

PROTIP: Use of quotes is very useful in letting people know you are responding to their points. Learn to use them.
Oh, damn. I'm very sorry, Frost. My excuses if I insulted you. I change it immediately.
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
hopefaithlove's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: United States

Posts: 1,332
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 26th 2010, 01:52 PM

Love this thread times a million.


There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Stardaze's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: California

Posts: 5,799
Blog Entries: 275
Join Date: November 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 26th 2010, 07:21 PM

I will be different. I did want him to win over McCain..
He may be doing things wrong, but Bush also did things wrong.
HE IS TRYING.
BUSH SCREWED THIS COUNTRY OVER ANYWAY.

I'm not going to cause more arguments but i do respect him.
I love this country, i just don't approve of some of the descisons that are made.




   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 26th 2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina. View Post
I will be different. I did want him to win over McCain..
He may be doing things wrong, but Bush also did things wrong.
HE IS TRYING.
BUSH SCREWED THIS COUNTRY OVER ANYWAY.

I'm not going to cause more arguments but i do respect him.
I love this country, i just don't approve of some of the descisons that are made.

Oh for sure he is trying, to ruin this country. W. Bush was the best president to ever be elected!


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 27th 2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Oh for sure he is trying, to ruin this country. W. Bush was the best president to ever be elected!
What's sad is I know you're not being sarcastic .

How is he trying to ruin the country?


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Stardaze's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: California

Posts: 5,799
Blog Entries: 275
Join Date: November 7th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 27th 2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Oh for sure he is trying, to ruin this country. W. Bush was the best president to ever be elected!
Really? How did Bush do good for our country?
Obama is having to deal with the problems Bush left him.




   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
TakeTheLeap's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,309
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 27th 2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina. View Post

Really? How did Bush do good for our country?
Obama is having to deal with the problems Bush left him.

See... Bush bashers drive me absolutely insane. Why? Because he was genuinely doing what he thought was best for the country. I don't agree with what he did, but I don't disagree with it.
The problems we're having started at the end of Clinton's term.This is a problem that's been building up for a while.
In all honesty, no one has any idea how to fix it. They only -think- they know what's best. The problem is... Obama's not really doing anything period. He's so caught up in the healthcare plan that he's not paying attention to other matters at hand.
Remember the Cash for Clunkers thing? Anyone who traded in their "clunker" had to pay to get a new car. That's all fine and dandy, right? What happened to the clunkers that got traded in? They poured liquid metal into the gas tank and ran it 'til it died so no one else could use it. Some of these so-called clunkers could have been used by families who didn't have enough money for a car. Vans could have been donated to churches or schools for activities. But they weren't. They were made absolutely useless. What good does that do anyone?


ďDon't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Nymous's Avatar
 
Name: Clara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Belgium

Posts: 156
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 11th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - February 27th 2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Oh for sure he is trying, to ruin this country. W. Bush was the best president to ever be elected!
I'm sorry, but to ruin a country, especially a powerful country like the United States, is one of the most insane ideas I ever heard. If anyone would try and succeed to do that, it would mean World War III. Because the best way to ruin a country is to make war.
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Gram Negative Offline
Student
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Gram Negative's Avatar
 
Age: 33
Gender: Male

Posts: 219
Join Date: February 1st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - March 2nd 2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Emily~ View Post
See... Bush bashers drive me absolutely insane. Why? Because he was genuinely doing what he thought was best for the country. I don't agree with what he did, but I don't disagree with it.
The problems we're having started at the end of Clinton's term.This is a problem that's been building up for a while.
And Bush and the Republicans knew about those problems and did nothing. They knew there was a housing bubble and did nothing... Knew that credit card companies were giving out too much credit and did nothing. Not to mention the fact that they let the pharmas do whatever they pleased. But then again I will probably end up at a Pharma in a few years so it would be better if the government let pharmas pump out poison to the general population.

Last edited by Gram Negative; March 2nd 2010 at 04:45 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Gram Negative  
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Obama the One Term President - March 2nd 2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymous View Post
I'm sorry, but to ruin a country, especially a powerful country like the United States, is one of the most insane ideas I ever heard. If anyone would try and succeed to do that, it would mean World War III. Because the best way to ruin a country is to make war.
Incorrect, war creates jobs, which helps the economy. We are winning this fight and liberating people from the tyranny of dictators, not to mention protecting ourselves from the terrorist threat abroad.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - March 2nd 2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Incorrect, war creates jobs, which helps the economy. We are winning this fight and liberating people from the tyranny of dictators, not to mention protecting ourselves from the terrorist threat abroad.
Forgive me, but this strikes me as an odd turn of phrase for you to be using. Isn't dictatorship one of the hallmarks of the politics you endorse?


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Yen's Avatar
 
Name: Ian
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon

Posts: 352
Join Date: October 21st 2009

Re: Obama the One Term President - March 2nd 2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Incorrect, war creates jobs, which helps the economy. We are winning this fight and liberating people from the tyranny of dictators, not to mention protecting ourselves from the terrorist threat abroad.
I love how this war's given such a huge boost to the economy... Really fixed it right the hell up!


"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
obama, president, term

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.