TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 12:47 AM

What is your opinion on Male circumcision? I personally think that it is unnecessary and if it IS done it should be because the person wants it, not because someone else made the choice for them. I personally think that it should be the person's own decision (they should not be able to get the procedure done until they are a teen so that they can make an informed and educated decision). Why? It's their body! No offense to anyone, but IMHO no one has the right to make a decision about someone else's body!

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 12:52 AM

Well it's proven that circumcision is better health-wise for the guy if he gets it done, plus I think that it looks a lot more appealing if he IS circumcised. I think that guys should get circumcised. I do think that it should be a choice, because it is their body, but MY opinion is that it's better overall if the guy is cut.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 12:53 AM

We've debated this one before.

If I have a child, I'm going to do it and no one is going to stop me. I find uncircumsized male parts to look strange and unattractive. It's better for their hygiene. He wouldn't have to worry about infections and cleaning underneath his foreskin. P.S. My mind is set so don't try to change it

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 12:59 AM

Just to reply to the comment made by Katelyn, last I heard, most health experts agree that there are FEW health benefits to circumcision! Yes, there is decreased risk of some infections and cancer, but the difference is very small and said problems aren't very common.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#5 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkguy View Post
Just to reply to the comment made by Katelyn, last I heard, most health experts agree that there are FEW health benefits to circumcision! Yes, there is decreased risk of some infections and cancer, but the difference is very small and said problems aren't very common.
Cancer?! How be?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:02 AM

Circumcision very slightly decreases the chance of cancer of the penis, but it's so rare anyway that IMO it's really not worth it!

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Circumcision very slightly decreases the chance of cancer of the penis, but it's so rare anyway that IMO it's really not worth it!
How about accepting that that's your personal conviction? It might be worth it for some of us, like me.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:11 AM

@ Algernon: I put IMO (In my opinion). I was not making a downright statement. Therefore, the post above is MY OPINION

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
According to what I just looked up on this website http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/circumcision/pr00040, this is what the benefits are:

The benefits

Circumcision may have health benefits, including:
  • Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it easy to wash the penis ó although it's simple to clean an uncircumcised penis, too.
  • Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The risk of urinary tract infections in the first year is low, but these infections may be up to 10 times as common in uncircumcised baby boys. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
  • Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis may be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can also lead to inflammation of the head of the penis.
  • Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men.
  • Decreased risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Safe sexual practices remain essential, but circumcised men may have a slightly lower risk of certain sexually transmitted diseases ó including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
@ Algernon: I put IMO (In my opinion). I was not making a downright statement. Therefore, the post above is MY OPINION
Then maybe you should stop capping and putting exclaimation points at the end of your post. You're coming off as a flamer.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:14 AM

Circumcision very slightly decreases the risk of infection in the same way that never venturing outside your home very slightly decreases your risk of being hit by lightning. It's an outdated cultural byproduct from previous millennia; there are few good reasons to have one, and fewer for a parent to force one on a child. "IMO."

Holly: Lay off, Chris didn't say anything objectionable and you're grasping at straws claiming otherwise.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:15 AM

Wow decreases cancer AND sexually transmitted diseases.
Maybe worth looking more into this haha.
Any decrease is good.

Edit: With all the hygiene thing thats just surely down to how clean the man is though? May be easier but aslong as you do actually clean down there then you are as hygenic?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:19 AM

I think circumcision should be discouraged, perhaps even to the extent it becomes illegal without valid medical reasons for it. No medical association in the western world recomends the routine circumcision of children I think that this can tell you something about how small the benefits of such a procedure are and how large the possible side-effects.

Some people will argue that being circumcised decreases the chance of an STI however this is not completely accurate. It is true that it lowers the chances of contracting certain STIs (Eg HIV) however it also increase the chances of contracting others (Eg Genital warts). It is a double edged sword in this regard. Not to mention that condoms protect both the uncircumcised male and the circumcised male the same, and circumcision hardly gives you a "get out of death by AIDs free card".

Similarly an argument about hygeine will be used. It is not often noted that this hygeine benefit is akin to an uncircimcised man washing himself properly in the shower. It is rather unnecessary to remove the foreskin because any person should be washing themselves properly anyway.

In terms of use as a sexual organ an uncircumcised penis is arguably better. Removing the foreskin has been shown to decrease sexual pleasure in both males and females. This is because, for the man, the foreskin contains a hell of a lot of nerves which make sex enjoyable. As for the women, when rolled down during sex the foreskin forms a sort of ridge which adds extra stimulation, similar to a ribbed condom.

As for aesthetics ("A penis looks better circumcised") I don't see what that has to do with ANYTHING?! Unless you, the parent, is going to be having sex with your child why should it matter to you what your child's penis looks like? Honestly.
Similarly it seems, from personal experience, that the people who say the penis looks wrong uncircumcised are from America where routine circumcision is often carried out despite medical advice not to do so. The penis simply looks better circumcised to them because it is the norm there not due to any inherent aesthetic advantages.

Also many anesthetics do not work very well on newborn children. This is because you can't use enough of them to numb the pain completely without risking harm to the child so often it can hurt them quite badly at the time. Many people think that because their child is quiet and compliant after circumcision that they are fine with it when infact it is often because their child is in shock. Similarly circumcision as a child has been linked to PTSD in later life due to this. However anesthetics are getting better so this may not be an issue one day but it does still seem to be an issue now as even EMLA cream etc is supposedly not completely effective.

Also, the risk of penile cancer is so low that it's hardly worth it and the risks are so much higher than this chance. Not to mention, it only decreases the risk rather than ridding your child of the chance altogether. If I chopped my child's little finger off then I'd be reducing his chances of finger cancer, sure his hand wont work as well but he'd have an even smaller chance of getting it. This is much the same as the argument for circumcision on the basis of cancer.

Not to mention that Christianity isn't too fond of circumcision either. So if your religious views are Christian it may be something to consider.

Unless your child has phimosis or a valid medical (or perhaps religious) reason for circumcision then I very strongly don't believe he should be given one. It is, to put it dramatically, casual genital mutilation.

Last edited by Jack; March 20th 2010 at 01:26 AM.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:19 AM

Okay, now here is a question. To be clear, this is not intended in any way shape or form to be an insult or 'flame'. How would you feel if a surgical procedure was done on your body without your consent? A procedure that may not have even been necessary and decreases sexual pleasure.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:32 AM

If I have sons one day, I will not do it. It's their body, I am not going to rip a part of it off just because I think it will make them look better. And quite frankly, all research is showing that the health benifits are slim to none. So I am a no.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#16 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:45 AM

I honestly don't care either way.
In America it's more custom to do so.
In Europe it's more custom NOT to do so.
It all depends.

For circumcision there are hygenic benefits.
For uncircumcision there are sex benefits. (So i've heard.)

I'll let my kids decide when they are older.
We might as well start circumcising females then. =P
(Yes you can do that, and in some countries it's their customs.)

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Kryptonite Offline
Hmph
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:59 AM

Support it. It's one of the many decisions that a parents has to make. If anyone has researched how painful it is an an adult, they wouldn't want it anyway..

Alex
[Click to PM me.]

"If I go crazy then will you still
call me Superman
If Iím alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
Iíll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might...
Kryptonite"

<3

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by If You Only Knew View Post
Support it. It's one of the many decisions that a parents has to make. If anyone has researched how painful it is an an adult, they wouldn't want it anyway..
I agree. If it's ever going to be done, I think that it should be done when he is a baby because if he has the choice when he becomes an adult, even if he wanted to do it he'd probably back out because of the pain. You wouldn't even remember how bad it hurt if you had it when you were really young!
I think the only con about circumcision is the pain. I can only imagine how terrible that must feel!

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin View Post
I honestly don't care either way.
In America it's more custom to do so.
In Europe it's more custom NOT to do so.
It all depends.

For circumcision there are hygenic benefits.
For uncircumcision there are sex benefits. (So i've heard.)

I'll let my kids decide when they are older.
We might as well start circumcising females then. =P
(Yes you can do that, and in some countries it's their customs.)
Probably due to Religious reasons.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -.Katelyn.- View Post

I agree. If it's ever going to be done, I think that it should be done when he is a baby because if he has the choice when he becomes an adult, even if he wanted to do it he'd probably back out because of the pain. You wouldn't even remember how bad it hurt if you had it when you were really young!
Yes, but as an adult they can give you far more and far stronger anesthetic than they can as a kid. Also, don't you think an adult can cope with pain more than a newborn infant? Similarly, just because you can't remember the pain doesn't mean it wont effect you later in life, neonatal circumcision has been linked by certain research with PTSD in later life.

Quote:

I think the only con about circumcision is the pain. I can only imagine how terrible that must feel!
Not true. Read up in the thread and you'll see there are plenty of cons not to do with pain including a lessening of sexual pleasure ( major con), the higher possibility of some STIs etc.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks. That's a great point.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
We've debated this one before.

If I have a child, I'm going to do it and no one is going to stop me. I find uncircumsized male parts to look strange and unattractive. It's better for their hygiene. He wouldn't have to worry about infections and cleaning underneath his foreskin. P.S. My mind is set so don't try to change it
What Holly said

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Yes, but as an adult they can give you far more and far stronger anesthetic than they can as a kid. Also, don't you think an adult can cope with pain more than a newborn infant? Similarly, just because you can't remember the pain doesn't mean it wont effect you later in life, neonatal circumcision has been linked by certain research with PTSD in later life.
Yes, an adult can cope with pain more than a kid can. And I know that the anesthetics can be stronger when you're an adult.
But, isn't it true that the younger you are, the smaller the penis is, so therefore not as much has to be cut? I heard that when a baby boy is born, the penis is only around 2 to 5 cm. Correct me if I have my facts wrong

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Not so, at least one of my friends is seriously considering getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkguy
Okay, now here is a question. To be clear, this is not intended in any way shape or form to be an insult or 'flame'. How would you feel if a surgical procedure was done on your body without your consent? A procedure that may not have even been necessary and decreases sexual pleasure.
This.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 11:14 AM

If it's going to be done it's done while they're a baby, and actually, I don't support it at all. As a parent I wouldn't want to hurt my child when it's unnecessary and the child hasn't been given a choice. It doesn't seem to be too common in the UK anyway.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 11:34 AM

My mom said she loved me too much to get it done to me when I was a baby. Said I should decide when i'm a little older.

Besides where I live guys get mocked if they have no dick skin, depends on location I guess. Just keep yourself clean and you're set.

Also of course penis cancer is more common in uncircumcised dicks, there is more skin which makes the chances go higher i'd imagine lol.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
FŁhrer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 11:34 AM

Why would any body want to mutilate their child? Seriously! Circumcision only has benefits compared to someone who doesn't take the time to clean their penis properly. So proper hygiene > an unnecessary operation.
So really, it's chopping it off for the sake of it. If it gets done to a child it should be done for a medical reason (i.e. it needs to be taken off or it will cause them to die or something like that).
You wouldn't want someone to cut on of your fingers off to avoid you getting it infected, or cut or to reduce the chance of cancer? So why is this different?

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Now see that’s not true, because people go through painful cosmetic procedures all the time! A breast augmentation is not a walk through the park. Not to mention putting very large painful tattoos on themselves and piercings. And all of those things are just to make your appearance different. So playing the pain card doesn’t really work.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#29 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:03 PM

i think it's cruel and unnecessary. i think Americans view it very differently to people in the UK, probably because hardly any guys are circumcised in the UK, but in America it is more common. if a guy wants to be circumcised then he can make the decision himself when he's older, but doing it to a baby [who obviously has no choice in the matter] is just wrong in my opinion.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 01:29 PM

I've never understood why America seems to be one of the only, if not the only, countries in the developed world that carries out routine circumcision, when, as Jack said, Christianity isn't fond of it. And America always like to go on about how Christian they are *rolls eyes*... Paul actually effectively tells you not to get circumcised. But Christians stubbornly seem to ignore this issue.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:39 PM

I myself am not exactly sure why it's as common as it is in America. However, the SF Bay Area has a tendency to be backwards with a lot of things :P

So here, where I live, there are fewer guys who are circumcised

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#32 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
How about accepting that that's your personal conviction? It might be worth it for some of us, like me.
But it might not be your son's, which is kind of the point he is making.

I don't really have an opinion, but a quick question, how do you tell if a guy has been circumcised? Like say when they're erect..

(RAH)≤ + (AH)≥ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)≤ + OOH + (LA)≤ = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

Last edited by her_beautiful_mistake; March 20th 2010 at 08:50 PM.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 04:23 PM

For most of my life, I've heard that male circumcision is this great and necessary thing that should be done to a child, and I've always been skeptical about it. I'm circumcised and occasionally think what my junk would look like if I wasn't circumcised. I'm sure both of them have their benefits, but I think that, in the end, it should be a male's choice. I think that male circumcision should be treated as pregnancy -- let him make his own choice, regardless if it pisses people off. It's his body therefore he should be able to decide on what he wants to do.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 04:32 PM

I find it a little scary people say "No I am going to do it my child grrrr regardless of what he wants grrrr don't try to change my opinion otherwise grrr! I am right, it's my belief! "...it's not even worth a rational debate? Then why even post in this thread?

I have had phimosis when I was younger (7-8), it was severe. One of the main reasons people get their babies circumcised is to avoid phimosis. They gave me a steroid cream and it cleared up in a few weeks, and my hygiene is completely fine now. Circumcision is very unnecessary and merely an outdated cultural procedure in America.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Well it's proven that circumcision is better health-wise for the guy if he gets it done, plus I think that it looks a lot more appealing if he IS circumcised. I think that guys should get circumcised. I do think that it should be a choice, because it is their body, but MY opinion is that it's better overall if the guy is cut.
I think it's more appealing if it isn't. I get really grossed out if my boyfriend pulls his foreskin back too far so I have no idea what I'd be like if he didn't have one

If a guy wants it done then whatever but I'd rather see a penis that isn't circumcised.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
PhoenixAlive Offline
Mizu-Kun (Saito)'s Spouse
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 05:46 PM

I always said that I would get my son circumsized(sp?) but since I had a daughter and I'm not medically able to have any more, its no longer a concern.

However, I think there are more benefits than consequences to having it done. And if I was able to have a son, I would get it done when he was an infant, so that it would be less traumatic for him than being forced to have it done later in life for potential medical reasons.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Anonymity Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anonymous

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 20th 2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
they should not be able to get the procedure done until they are a teen
A friend of mine's little brother was circumsized at the age of 14, and it was extremely painful for him. From what I understand, it is also extremely painful as a baby, but the average person will have no memory of it.

As for my opinion, my bf is circumcised and he doesn't seem bothered by it at all. In fact, he makes fun of one of his close friends for having a "peek-a-boo penis." No, I don't know why he knows that his friend is uncircumcised, nor do I want to. I do know, however, that circumcision cuts the risk of contracting STDs and other infections; on the other hand, it supposedly reduces sexual sensitivity and pleasure. I have no opinion on it, and hope I have a daughter so that I never have to form one. It's so much easier to say that female circumcision is wrong.

and if you should hear the cries and calls
through the thinnest of the walls
don't you get yourself so blue
it's just the sound of me getting over you

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 21st 2010, 04:18 AM

I don't really have a personal opinion on this one. But I do think that it is a guy's body, and he should be allowed to make the decision himself. I think it's probably popular in America because it is easier to take care of, I would assume anyways. But it's rather wrong to mutilate your child, especially if they have no say.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 21st 2010, 05:44 AM

I've never really had an opinion on it. But I probably wouldn't get my son circumcised. It seems unnecessary to me with few benefits.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Re: Your opinion on male circumcision - March 21st 2010, 10:42 AM

When I have a son, he's going to have it done. Simple as that.

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

Closed Thread