TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

(UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 04:13 AM

So im voting BNP (British National Party)

I just want to share what I think is a disgrace to how people are judging me on this decision.. So im a bad person for standing up for my country and what I believe in??

Every single person in the world are such hypocrites. How dare someone tell me its WRONG to vote BNP and then say im not nice for saying its WRONG for the country to be letting too many immigrants in and letting them take all our jobs.
I want a better Britain, one which consists of every single BRITISH person able to get a job.

Im without a job at the moment, but if my names Sanjeev Khan, woah, the country is too scared to refuse them a job incase they pull out the racism card..

The country and its people disgust me at the moment. People have to take a long look at themselves and how much of a hypocrite they are.

Oh, another thing. Im not racist, dont accuse me of racism, I dont kick people in for been a different skin colour or race. I dont murder people for been a different colour or race. I simply want to stop the country letting in so many people who arent British. Is that such a problem? Really? Is it such a problem that I am patriotic and I am watching every patriotic thing we do get brought down and considered racist in our own country by the ones who moved here from a different place?

Rant over.
Thanks for reading good people.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 347954 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 04:22 AM

Nationalism is just a step away from racism. You want to stop immigration to maintain a pure UK?


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
Nationalism is just a step away from racism. You want to stop immigration to maintain a pure UK?
How is nationalism a step away from racism? I dont hate someone because of there race..
I hate the fact the country is letting ANYBODY in, and they end up taking jobs because they're prepared to work for less money.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while
********
 
Music's Avatar
 
Name: Richard
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Alberta, Canada

Posts: 1,575
Blog Entries: 12
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
How is nationalism a step away from racism? I dont hate someone because of there race..
I hate the fact the country is letting ANYBODY in, and they end up taking jobs because they're prepared to work for less money.
This is how capitalism works, if they can survive off of a lower salary why can't you? Compete for your job or move to a communist state.


Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
7 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 05:18 AM

Sorry, but voting BNP is wrong. There are plenty of other parties that wish to impose an immigration descrease or a cap (eg conservative, UKIP etc etc) and voting for the one which believes that homosexuality should be "returned to the closet" and has referred to them as "AIDs monkeys", would not allow British Muslims on planes, has indirectly acknowledged that they make policies in order to exploit irrational dislike and is headed by one of the most awful men in the country is just silly.

And the idea that "the country is letting ANYBODY in" is incorrect and comes from reading too much of the Daily Mail or The Sun. Perhaps it could be argued that they should let less people in, but they hardly let absolutely everyone in by any stretch of the imagination.

And immigrants hardly take all our jobs either. If they work harder than you or work for less than you, then you should out-compete them. No point sitting on your ass and then moaning that someone better suited and harder working has got the job you want. I see no reason why you should get a job over an immigrant based simply on being white and British.

Last edited by Jack; March 20th 2010 at 05:44 AM.
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 06:00 AM

You are aware, you get a lot of educated, professionals and experts come to the UK from other countries, who infact help enrich the country, where there is a deficit, or need. For example, we have quite a few American lecturers at my university, because they are specialist experts in the field, and a university like Warwick, I think country in the Top 5 of UK unis, you want the best, not just the best of the British people who stay in Britain. A lot of doctors were not originally from the UK, but again, you want specialism. Also, a lot of professionals may immigrate out of the UK to other developed countries. These things happen. This isn't just about mundane minimum wage jobs, and a complete stop to immagration, loses all the benefits that immigration brings. But as mentionned, right now, there isn't an unlimited cap on immigration, a lot of people, including GENIUNE refugees get sent away, which is actually disgraceful. But I guess I'd understand if immigration policies were to be made tighter. Though, also as mentionned, these people are coming, and doing a ridiculas amount of work for a lower wage than you would. British employers are exploiting them, but also, they are making for more attractive employees. Who's fault is that?

And whether or not you feel you are racist, the BNP are, and therefore, in whatever bizzaire world they came into power in, they are likely to be racist, even if you aren't. The BNP are nationalistic facists. They are racist, sexist (for example, one of their speakers was noted for comparing rape to 'force feeding a woman chocolate'), anti-progressive, authoritian, liars, and many of their main party members on some level identify with, or respect Nazi ideals. Nick Griffin, the leader of the party is a known holocoust deniar.

Also, who would you count as British? The BNP would probably want to deport immigrants already in the UK. Do you think someone who has been here, paying taxes, working hard, and maybe even have kids born here should be deported? What about someone like me. I was born in Canada, but my dad is English, so I get default citizenship?

<EDIT: I went on a long rant here.... but I'll change it to just link to this site:

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/the-real-bnp/

I can find more if you call bs>

(oh btw, if you didnt notice, we are in the middle of a reccession, might be way you can't get a job. And that's not the immigrants fault. That's the fault of world economies, some stupid actions taken by some stupid MPs, and some bankers. Plenty of British people were involved I assume, but that's hit a lot of the world. Dont blame immigrants for your unemployment... scapegoating is silly )

Last edited by Marvin; March 20th 2010 at 06:08 AM.
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Magic.'s Avatar
 
Name: Poppy
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 1,441
Join Date: January 16th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 06:41 AM

The UK doesn't let everyone in ... they allow in asylum seekers - who are here because life in their own countries is unbearable, not "a bit hard" but war zones etc. And the UK is developing a border points system (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...rders/pbsdocs/) ssimilar to one used in Australia, in order to prevent "letting everyone in" - which they don't anyway.
Immigrants to this counry often get the jobs noone else wants. Street sweeping, fast food restaurants, corner shops that are open until ridiculous hours ... the question I put to people complaining is "would you be willing to do those jobs for the amount they get paid?" and to be honest the answer is pretty much always no. The majority of people who move to this country work damned hard, and don't get paid very much to do so -something a lot of "British" people aren't willing to do.
Just out of interest who do you define as British? Like just white people / people who were born here / people who's parents were born here / people who have been here 3/4 generations etc?


You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Nymous Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Nymous's Avatar
 
Name: Clara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Belgium

Posts: 156
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 11th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 09:26 AM

I'm sorry, but it's completely ridiculous to post a thread here, say you vote for BNP and expecting that people say: 'Yeah, of course, it's good and not wrong to vote for BNP'. Christ.
You know, Nick Griffin, when he comes here, newspapers are talking about him. Everyone here sees him as a Nazi/neo-nazi.
So don't come and say: BNP and I are not racist. If you have something against immigrants, dare to say it. It's hippocrite not to admit it. I can't say for sure if you are racist, but BNP IS!

By the way, it's not because you don't kill immigrants that you are no racist.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Power Cosmic's Avatar
 
Name: Janos
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Posts: 3,922
Blog Entries: 225
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 09:55 AM

I think Jack and Tegan nailed it to be honest...

I mean, seriously speaking, this thread makes me want to do imitations from that south park episode...you know the one, "they took our jrrrrrbs!"




"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

  Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,301
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 09:56 AM

Yeah, sure go for it. Personally I wouldn't vote them because they're a bit extreme, but if they toned down, a lot, then they could potentially be an okay party. Though, if they ever did come in power there would probably be a civil war, or something of the sort.
But no, you have to right to vote for who you want too, so vote for who you thinks best.
And for who ever said nationalism is one step from racism, yes, one step away but they're not the same. Just like socialism is one step from communism, they're not the same, people have a problem of being considered communist, but if you call them socialist they don't mind.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91
I just want to share what I think is a disgrace to how people are judging me on this decision.. So im a bad person for standing up for my country and what I believe in??
You're not a bad person for standing for what you believe in, but you're certainly not going to win many friends when "standing for what you believe in" means voting for an extremist, racist, heterosexist party. Sorry mate, really no two ways around it.

Quote:
"The BNP has moved on in recent years, casting off the leg-irons of conspiracy theories and the thinly veiled anti-semitism which has held this party back for two decades. The real enemies of the British people are home grown Anglo-Saxon Celtic liberal-leftists ... and the Crescent Horde—the endless wave of Islamics who are flocking to our shores to bring our island nations into the embrace of their barbaric desert religion"
Quote:
BNP spokesman Phil Edwards stated that homosexuality "is unnatural" and "does not lead to procreation but does lead to moral turpitude and disease".Mark Collett, former chairman of the Young BNP and current Director of Publicity, described homosexuals as "AIDS Monkeys", "bum bandits" and "faggots" and said the idea of homosexuality was a "sickening thought".
Cases in point.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 12:09 PM

You do have the right to vote for whichever political party you wish to - that is the fundamental tenet of our democratic system. However, at the same time you should not be surprised if people take exception to you using your vote to support a party which has its roots in the National Front and has a number of policies which - regardless of your views on immigration - are racist. One of their key principles (yet one you will not find on any election material) is the notion that non-white Britons would be encouraged (and then coerced) to leave the country and return to their country of ethnic origin, irrespective of the fact that they may well be 3rd generation UK-born citizens with as much right to be here as you or I. They also supported apartheid in South Africa, wish to introduce a similar system here, and would ban mixed-race relationships of any kind. Again, you will not find any of them of their election material, because they do not want people knowing about these inconvenient truths. You say you are not racist, in which case I would advise you to have a good think about whether you want to associate yourself with a party that is.

On a more general note, the whole immigration issue is a) overhyped and b) people wouldn't be coming over unless their lives were in danger or if there were not jobs open for them to do. Also a lot of immigrants will be just as affected by the economic downturn as indigenous workers, especially if (like me) they are doing agency work. Recessions don't discriminate.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Fucking Done's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Posts: 658
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 12:43 PM

Seems right to me. When people come to Canada and get shit before me from the government or anything i'd get pissed. I got suspended for telling some kid to take off his head thingy during 'Oh Canada' I got suspended for it? If you go to a country wanting to belong there you shouldn't have special privleges, less if anything.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 12:50 PM

anyone remember that facebook group, "Nick Griffin should go on 'who do you think you are?'"

but yeah, you can vote for whoever you want but if you've read through all the BNP policies and you still want to vote for them i find that slightly worrying. it is racist to vote BNP, because you are essentially saying, by voting for them, that you support what they want to implement.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 12:51 PM

Kyle, if you don't like he can wear his 'head thingy' during a national anthem... maybe you should reconsider where you are living, and move? See, this is what you get for living in a country with freedom of religion And born Canadian get that too. Though as many Canadians are only 1st or 2nd gen from what I can tell, its silly. Particularly as racially and via heritage, Canada shouldn't be white...

But Canada is one of the most tolerant, multicultural societies in the World. Its respect for that.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Fucking Done's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Posts: 658
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
Kyle, if you don't like he can wear his 'head thingy' during a national anthem... maybe you should reconsider where you are living, and move? See, this is what you get for living in a country with freedom of religion And born Canadian get that too. Though as many Canadians are only 1st or 2nd gen from what I can tell, its silly. Particularly as racially and via heritage, Canada shouldn't be white...

But Canada is one of the most tolerant, multicultural societies in the World. Its respect for that.
No but this guy came from egypt, I was teaching him the rules. If you're Canadian and Oh Canada is playing, take your god damn hat off for a minute lol. Nothing to do with race.
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 12:57 PM

The hat thing isn't really a big deal, so long as you act respectful. If he didnt take it off, because religiously he wasn't meant to, fair enough, if he didnt take it off to cause a scene, that's another issue. But it's a hat, and a national anthem. It's not a big deal so long as you dont act disruptively.

Dont get me wrong, I'm Canadian, and even after 13 years in the UK, I still hold the Canadian Anthem in the upmost respect. And when I was at school in Canada, pretty much everyone did, even though a lot of us were foriegn or only first gen. Most immigrants to Canada respect the country I think. I mean why would you move there otherwise, plane tickets are mega expensive, and its near the USA.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,262
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 03:00 PM

Jack and Tegan have said everything I could possibly say. You have the right to vote for the BNP, but you can't expect people not to judge you for declaring yourself to support a homophobic, racist, etc party. You're essentially saying you hold the same beliefs.

I hope everyone who can vote in May goes and does so to keep the BNP seats down.


(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while
********
 
Double X's Avatar
 
Name: Kyle
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,621
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 11th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
How is nationalism a step away from racism? I dont hate someone because of there race..
I hate the fact the country is letting ANYBODY in, and they end up taking jobs because they're prepared to work for less money.
Nationalism causes people to believe that their country is better than other countries, a self-centered view that tries to isolate or hate the 'others'. It encourages division and conflict between people and is simply another bigoted -ism, much like racism or sexism...


"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
not_a_teen Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
not_a_teen's Avatar
 

Posts: 3
Join Date: November 19th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 20th 2010, 05:00 PM

Two things that have not yet been mentioned in this thread: the reason people from some countries are able to immigrate to the UK is that Britain made those countries part of its colonial empire in the 19th century. People in those countries eventually became British subjects, and the countries themselves eventually became members of the Commonwealth. Those people get preferential treatment if they decide to immigrate to the "motherland". You could think of it as a "quid pro quo" for Britain's having colonized those countries -- and enriched itself by doing so -- in the first place.

Secondly, citizens of EU countries have the right to live and work in the UK because the UK is a member of the EU. However, there is a "quid pro quo" here as well: as a British citizen you have the right to live and work in any member country of the EU. Fancy a year or two picking grapes in Burgundy, or writing your next novel in Venice? Go right ahead. You have the right to do that, a right that most of the rest of the world can only dream of.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 03:00 AM

I have read each of these posts, and thanks for the feedback and your opinion on it.
I have only a few lines to say though..

84% of the UK citizenship applications are from 3rd world countries.. They may want a better life but is it better for this country to just let them in? Is it, really? The vast majority of them are not offering anything to this country, so they simply should NOT be here.

14% of all primary school children do not have English as a mother tongue. That is disgraceful, if they dont have English as a mother tongue I doubt the parents do which means there English is probably rather bad and makes them pretty much useless here. Which means they cant get a job, especially at the moment. Which means they're here having paid nothing into the country and sponging off us!

And for the ones who say that rubbish about that the UK should let people in from the EU because we are in the EU and its such a great thing, blah blah blah.. Heres a fact for you: 3.7 Million legal migrants entered the UK since 1997 - 2.5 Million of those are NOT from the EU!

Over the next twenty five years immigration will count for 40% of new households set up in the UK...

Its simple reasons such as that, as to why I will vote BNP. Is that racist? Not at all. Does that at all show hatred towards people from outside the UK? No.
Should people judge me differently because of facts like that, that I want alot of change? Not at all. I hope you see me a little bit different now I have posted a few facts and figures.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while
********
 
St.Vincent's Avatar
 
Name: Edna
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere Across Forever

Posts: 1,269
Blog Entries: 102
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
14% of all primary school children do not have English as a mother tongue. That is disgraceful, if they dont have English as a mother tongue I doubt the parents do which means there English is probably rather bad and makes them pretty much useless here. Which means they cant get a job, especially at the moment. Which means they're here having paid nothing into the country and sponging off us!
Ok, your interpretation of this fact makes no sense. English is not my mother tongue, and my parents worked really hard to let me keep my native language and be bilingual. In fact, being bilingual helps you learn, and bilingual children have an easier time learning new languages. My parents are both employed scientists, and have phDs from this country, and are not useless. They're working to make the country better.

And their English might not be perfect, but they make do just fine. There are many programs to learn English in libraries and community colleges, and I know that most people try really hard to learn the language because it is in their best interest--I've been there.


I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Power Cosmic's Avatar
 
Name: Janos
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Posts: 3,922
Blog Entries: 225
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post

84% of the UK citizenship applications are from 3rd world countries.. They may want a better life but is it better for this country to just let them in? Is it, really? The vast majority of them are not offering anything to this country, so they simply should NOT be here.
Applicants, not acceptances. Most of them arn't accepted unless they do bring skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
14% of all primary school children do not have English as a mother tongue. That is disgraceful, if they dont have English as a mother tongue I doubt the parents do which means there English is probably rather bad and makes them pretty much useless here. Which means they cant get a job, especially at the moment. Which means they're here having paid nothing into the country and sponging off us!
Also, English isn't my "mother tongue" (I hate that term..), it's my second language and I outdid most of my yeargroup in English during school. You can't just assume that that means their English is crap, especially since we're quite possibly the worst at languages in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
And for the ones who say that rubbish about that the UK should let people in from the EU because we are in the EU and its such a great thing, blah blah blah.. Heres a fact for you: 3.7 Million legal migrants entered the UK since 1997 - 2.5 Million of those are NOT from the EU!
Again, what's really wrong with that? Considering that as a developed country, we can't sustain our population without immigration. Just look at Japan, the population demographics are so badly skewed there's real worry that, come the next generation, there won't be enough working age people and hordes of old people to look after.
And again, those immigrants contribute to our economy and mostly have skills, mostly engineering, medical and academic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
Over the next twenty five years immigration will count for 40% of new households set up in the UK...
See above, without that, our population will degrade, more bingo halls, less schools, and then we're pretty much screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
Its simple reasons such as that, as to why I will vote BNP. Is that racist? Not at all. Does that at all show hatred towards people from outside the UK? No.
Should people judge me differently because of facts like that, that I want alot of change? Not at all. I hope you see me a little bit different now I have posted a few facts and figures.
You should probably read less of the Daily Mail and actually look a bit closer at those figures you're quoting. They speak for themselves, all the information you need is out there.

Oh, and just for the record, in case you think I'm just bias, I'm not an immigrant, and neither are any of my immediate family.




"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

  Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Vincent View Post
Ok, your interpretation of this fact makes no sense. English is not my mother tongue, and my parents worked really hard to let me keep my native language and be bilingual. In fact, being bilingual helps you learn, and bilingual children have an easier time learning new languages. My parents are both employed scientists, and have phDs from this country, and are not useless. They're working to make the country better.

And their English might not be perfect, but they make do just fine. There are many programs to learn English in libraries and community colleges, and I know that most people try really hard to learn the language because it is in their best interest--I've been there.
Ok, you say most people. I'll take that point on board. What about the ones who have no interest in learning it? They'll sponge off the system for there entire life. Due to me not having a job anymore due to the restaurant going bust I have had to go to the job centre. I saw many, many old people in there, from other countries who could hardly speak a word of English, on a few occasions I have seen people who cant speak English at all and people have had to try and explain "Bring a translator."
Im just sick of things like that. Our country is turning into the dustbin of the world.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 04:12 AM

What about the English people, who know English, but still refuse to work, and just spoonge off benefits, even if they are able bodied? What, being born in England makes such behaviour ok, whereas, you are willing to cut off immigration entirely, and vote for a party that IS full of racists (regardless your motives), because a handful of immigrants live off benefits? Also, the ones who need translators, could well be refugees, which is different from immigration, and many of them will try to learn English. Although if they aren't brilliant at it, English people will taunt and mock them. That'd put me off wanting to speak it. Also maybe a translator is needed due to the complex nature of the discussion topic. I've seen chavs who can't understand a lot of English words.

Oh, and for some of us immigrants, such as from North America, Australian or New Zealand, English is our mother tongue. Still have a problem with us? And a lot of people I know who are not born in the UK and have a different mother tongue, are bi or tri-lingual. And they still put the average English speaker to shame with English ability.

My Italian girlfriend has pretty decent English (she lives in Italy), better then a lot of people in Essex, even though she's only really been learning to speak it for a year.
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 04:35 AM

One concern I have here is that I can't find any sources that back up these statistics that isn't the BNP website or other websites affiliated with them. Could you perhaps point me to the source of these stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
I have read each of these posts, and thanks for the feedback and your opinion on it.
I have only a few lines to say though..

84% of the UK citizenship applications are from 3rd world countries.. They may want a better life but is it better for this country to just let them in? Is it, really? The vast majority of them are not offering anything to this country, so they simply should NOT be here.
Even if this is true (although I can't find any statistics to prove it) it doesn't necessarily mean they have nothing to offer. Third world immigrants often do jobs that nobody else wishes to do, without these worker a lot of important parts of the infrastructure of the country would be understaffed. The closest statistic I can find is that Indian's where the highest group that immigrated to the UK however the level is no where near 84% in the government statistics.

Of course, as Janos says, this is really just clever and misleading wording. Simply because someone applies does not mean their application will be accepted.

Quote:
14% of all primary school children do not have English as a mother tongue. That is disgraceful, if they dont have English as a mother tongue I doubt the parents do which means there English is probably rather bad and makes them pretty much useless here. Which means they cant get a job, especially at the moment. Which means they're here having paid nothing into the country and sponging off us!
Not necessarily true at all. I know a very large number of people for whom English is not their mother tongue and yet they speak English around the same level of, or even better than, most English people. Effectively anyone who comes to England from another country will not have English as a "mother tongue", this is unavoidable, however it does not mean they can't speak English. Please note that "mother tongue" is not necessarily synonymous with the phrase "first language", mother tongue often means the language of your ethnic background rather than your first language. Your first language can be English yet your mother tongue can be Spanish for example. Therefore anyone who is not English, or was not born to English parents, will not have English as a "mother tongue". Not to mention that this can also include 2nd and 3rd generation migrants who generally speak English rather well.

Even if we take "mother tongue" to mean "first language" then it's also obvious that not having English as your first language does not necessarily mean that you will not be proficient at English.

Yet another piece of misleading rubbish from the BNP.

Quote:
And for the ones who say that rubbish about that the UK should let people in from the EU because we are in the EU and its such a great thing, blah blah blah.. Heres a fact for you: 3.7 Million legal migrants entered the UK since 1997 - 2.5 Million of those are NOT from the EU!
Haha! Of all of them this one is the easiest to answer. Current EU regulations include the free movement of workers and people(article 39 EC) and the freedom to provide services (Art. 49-55 EC). Therefore people from the EU have no need to formally immigrate, they simply have to have a work permit.

Quote:
Its simple reasons such as that, as to why I will vote BNP. Is that racist? Not at all. Does that at all show hatred towards people from outside the UK? No.
Should people judge me differently because of facts like that, that I want alot of change? Not at all. I hope you see me a little bit different now I have posted a few facts and figures.
If we look at the actual statistics we can see that immigration fell by 32% in 2006 and as far as I can see these are the latest statistics available [HERE]. It may very well be that immigration is falling, or at least holiding steady and not increasing.

Similarly, 34,825 people were refused entry actually at the port into the UK and a further 13,660 had their citizenship refused. Similarly 73% of Asylum applications were refused in 2006. [HERE] This shows that they don't simply let everyone and anyone into the country.

Also, your statistics make absolutely no mention of the large number of people who emigrate each year.

Not to mention, none of these statistics support voting BNP. There are plenty of other political parties with similar ideas on immigration. Why not vote for them instead? Why vote for the party with the absolutely disgusting views on a lot of other issues? You've given no views or statements as to how you can support them, and by extention, support some of the most terrible and abhorent policies of the last five decades.

Honestly, don't you realise that these "facts" you've put forward show exactly the reason you shouldn't vote BNP? Every single one of them is is either incorrect or misleading.

Last edited by Jack; March 21st 2010 at 05:04 AM.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Magic.'s Avatar
 
Name: Poppy
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 1,441
Join Date: January 16th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
84% of the UK citizenship applications are from 3rd world countries.. They may want a better life but is it better for this country to just let them in? Is it, really? The vast majority of them are not offering anything to this country, so they simply should NOT be here.

14% of all primary school children do not have English as a mother tongue. That is disgraceful, if they dont have English as a mother tongue I doubt the parents do which means there English is probably rather bad and makes them pretty much useless here. Which means they cant get a job, especially at the moment. Which means they're here having paid nothing into the country and sponging off us!

And for the ones who say that rubbish about that the UK should let people in from the EU because we are in the EU and its such a great thing, blah blah blah.. Heres a fact for you: 3.7 Million legal migrants entered the UK since 1997 - 2.5 Million of those are NOT from the EU!
So the people in search of a better life, because in their own countries their lives are endangered by war (or similar), do we just "oh no thanks, you'll just have to find a way to cope"? Is that really the right thing to do? Most of those people are willing to do low paid, low skilled jobs here, so yes they are of use to us.

I work in a primary school. In each class of 25 kids, around 10 do not have English as their mother tongue. However they all speak English. We had a girl in September move over from China, and spoke no English, now her and her parents speak clear English and they both have jobs. Putting children in education who cannot speak English is a great way for them to learn, and it helps their parents learn when they have to learn to communicate with their child, teachers and other parents.

The EU is not "rubbish". We do have to let in people from the EU, it's EU law. France and Germany opted out of this, we didn't. Therefore EU citizens have what is called "free movement of labour", and are allowed to move here. Law - not rubbish. As for your figures ... "legal migrants" means they have passed UK border checks and the points system and been permitted to work here because we believe they will benefit our society.

I'd still like to know your definition of British ... ?


You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
I have read each of these posts, and thanks for the feedback and your opinion on it.
I have only a few lines to say though..

84% of the UK citizenship applications are from 3rd world countries.. They may want a better life but is it better for this country to just let them in? Is it, really? The vast majority of them are not offering anything to this country, so they simply should NOT be here.

14% of all primary school children do not have English as a mother tongue. That is disgraceful, if they dont have English as a mother tongue I doubt the parents do which means there English is probably rather bad and makes them pretty much useless here. Which means they cant get a job, especially at the moment. Which means they're here having paid nothing into the country and sponging off us!

And for the ones who say that rubbish about that the UK should let people in from the EU because we are in the EU and its such a great thing, blah blah blah.. Heres a fact for you: 3.7 Million legal migrants entered the UK since 1997 - 2.5 Million of those are NOT from the EU!

Over the next twenty five years immigration will count for 40% of new households set up in the UK...

Its simple reasons such as that, as to why I will vote BNP. Is that racist? Not at all. Does that at all show hatred towards people from outside the UK? No.
Should people judge me differently because of facts like that, that I want alot of change? Not at all. I hope you see me a little bit different now I have posted a few facts and figures.
Others more informed than I have addressed your specific points, so I'll just address your general attitude:

If you want to justify supporting a party like the BNP, you can't just say why you think this policy or that policy is a good idea. Maybe you aren't racist. If you aren't, good on you. But we're not talking about voting for you; we're talking about voting for the BNP, and they are racist, heterosexist, and so on. I quote again, in case you missed the point the first time around:

Quote:
BNP spokesman Phil Edwards stated that homosexuality "is unnatural" and "does not lead to procreation but does lead to moral turpitude and disease".Mark Collett, former chairman of the Young BNP and current Director of Publicity, described homosexuals as "AIDS Monkeys", "bum bandits" and "faggots" and said the idea of homosexuality was a "sickening thought".
That's what you're voting for. You can't just vote for their immigration policies and ignore all these other nasty bits. You get the whole package or none of it. And yeah, if you really are willing to support that level of intolerance, people aren't wrong in judging you for it.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Thurineth's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 1,140
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 01:11 PM

I don't agree with BNP and know of nobody who does. They are a racist bunch of biggots and take things too far.

IF (which I doubt the ever will) they get into government power, I shall not be residing here.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Gingerbread Latte's Avatar
 
Name: Cara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Scotland

Posts: 6,716
Blog Entries: 136
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 21st 2010, 01:43 PM

Vote for who you want but people will judge you for voting for an extremist party.

If you want to stop immigration though why not vote for a less extreme party such as conservatives? They want to put a cap on immigration and they're not racist or homophobic.

I do see why you're angry about all these immigrants because it annoys me too sometimes but I don't think immigration should be stopped altogether but the number of people coming in a year is just too much in my opinion. Also, a lot of asylum seekers come here but they're supposed to go to the nearest, safest country and let's face it England isn't the nearest, safest country to all the Middle East countries such as Afghanistan.


   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 01:51 AM

Thanks for the replies.
I'll draw a close on this because obviously and I didnt make this to get you to support BNP, I expected nobody to.
I wont get you to support me in my choices or BNP.
And you wont be able to convince me this is wrong.

Oh, and also, people saying about them not getting in. My vote isnt for them to get in, and I also hope they dont get in as they do go too far on some things. My vote is so they get close (although I doubt they'll even get close) just so that whoever does get in does take note at how many people are not happy at the current situation.

My vote is because of immigration policies at the moment. I am NOT homophobic. I have 3 gay friends. I know 2 lesbians.

If I had to vote for someone other than BNP? It would simply be Liberal Democrats.

I just hope you people wont think I am racist or homophobic as I can assure you, I am not either of them!!!
I hope I can still get along with you lot on here and I'll say once more. My vote for BNP is to do with the immigration policies.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Age: 28

Posts: 790
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
84% of the UK citizenship applications are from 3rd world countries.. They may want a better life but is it better for this country to just let them in? Is it, really? The vast majority of them are not offering anything to this country, so they simply should NOT be here.
Offering anything according to who? The people who employ them? The businesses they patronise? Anyone else they interact with in a completely voluntary and consentual way? I'm sure any of these people would beg to differ.

Also, I think a lot of your points stem from an ignorance of economics. There isn't a fixed quantity of jobs available, and maybe wages need to go lower in order to clear the market? That's something you seem to have missed in your rage about how they are getting jobs and you aren't despite the fact you seem to think you are too good to lower your wage to their level.
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Thurineth's Avatar
 
Name: Laura
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 1,140
Join Date: May 28th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I'll draw a close on this because obviously and I didnt make this to get you to support BNP, I expected nobody to.
I wont get you to support me in my choices or BNP.
And you wont be able to convince me this is wrong.

Oh, and also, people saying about them not getting in. My vote isnt for them to get in, and I also hope they dont get in as they do go too far on some things. My vote is so they get close (although I doubt they'll even get close) just so that whoever does get in does take note at how many people are not happy at the current situation.

My vote is because of immigration policies at the moment. I am NOT homophobic. I have 3 gay friends. I know 2 lesbians.

If I had to vote for someone other than BNP? It would simply be Liberal Democrats.

I just hope you people wont think I am racist or homophobic as I can assure you, I am not either of them!!!
I hope I can still get along with you lot on here and I'll say once more. My vote for BNP is to do with the immigration policies.
I honestly dont think you can vote for a party based on one policy... but do as you wish
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
BabyIndia's Avatar
 
Name: India
Gender: Female

Posts: 915
Blog Entries: 24
Join Date: December 8th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 11:14 AM

You can't just say your voting for BNP because of the immigrants, you are voting for BNP which means your voting for it all

Big fucking wow you know some gay people, you think they going to be happy with you when you tell them your voting for BNP?

Highly doubt it mate.

As for not letting other people in thats a bit unfair.
My boss is chinese, he came from the slums in china (if thats the correct term), many of his staff did to, Yes I can't always understand them but after living where they lived and the conditions they lived in, I think they deserve to come here, you may not think it but we are a better country.

Plus if BNP stop all foreign people coming into the Uk then you may as well kiss your chinese's, Indain take aways goodbye.

Oh and the fact that BNP are to stop anyone coming in, you know the UK are already doing that?

My boss and his wife for example, they have a two year old little girl, they wouldn't let the little girl into the uk, she has to stay in China in the slums.

Sorry but a vote for BNP means your rascist and against gays. Sorry but my opionion don't like it tough.





   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Make Believe's Avatar
 
Name: Kayleigh
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Wales, U.K.

Posts: 6,185
Blog Entries: 190
Join Date: August 31st 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
I think Jack and Tegan nailed it to be honest...

I mean, seriously speaking, this thread makes me want to do imitations from that south park episode...you know the one, "they took our jrrrrrbs!"
Haha, I was doing the exact same thing I'm not even going to read this thread fully because the BNP seriously pisses me off and this thread will only anger me. If I wanted to hear a bunch of racist comments from BNP supporters I'd go up the pub my sister works on a Monday night with all the old men. I'm sure what I'm thinking has already been stated a million times anyway.


"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 04:03 PM

If you lot would rather carry on in a time when sticking our own flag up is 'disrespecting' then carry on. You're ment to be proud of your country though, but maybe been a do-gooder matters more.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
If you lot would rather carry on in a time when sticking our own flag up is 'disrespecting' then carry on. You're ment to be proud of your country though, but maybe been a do-gooder matters more.
i agree that this country is taking the whole political correctness thing too far.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 04:28 PM

I've yet to see a situation where flying the British flag is disrespectful. That's a huge over-exaggeration. If you really believe that "political correctness" is really that bad then you need to stop reading The Sun or The Daily Mail and actually look at the facts behind the story, immigration statitics or look around you. I love my country and, currently, most of the immigrants are improving this country. The only people bringing disrepute to the British flag are the racists of the BNP who flaunt it at every opportunity along with their awful views, I'm pretty sure that's the only time people have found the flying of the flag disrespectful. Disrespectful, not to immigrants, but to regular British people who do not want to see our flag tainted.

As I've said twice now, why not vote for a political party with very similar views on immigration? And yes, there are other parties. If you vote for the BNP you're not just voting for their immigration policies (which are crazy and too broad anyway) but you're voting for their homophobic, racist and abhorent views too.

Also, voting is meant to be voting for whoever you want to be in charge. Imagine if everyone had the same idea as you? "Oh I'll just vote for the BNP to show I'm not happy with the current system", then the BNP would win which would be a disaster. Not to mention that pretty much every party is planning to change immigration in one way or another, even labour is bringing in a new points based system to lower imigration.

If you think that supporting the rights of gay people, fighting racism, and voting for a sensible non-racist party is being a "do-gooder" then I think that's a sad reflection on yourself.
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
EightEleven91's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 269
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I've yet to see a situation where flying the British flag is disrespectful. That's a huge over-exaggeration. If you really believe that "political correctness" is really that bad then you need to stop reading The Sun or The Daily Mail and actually look at the facts behind the story, immigration statitics or look around you. I love my country and, currently, most of the immigrants are improving this country. The only people bringing disrepute to the British flag are the racists of the BNP who flaunt it at every opportunity along with their awful views, I'm pretty sure that's the only time people have found the flying of the flag disrespectful. Disrespectful, not to immigrants, but to regular British people who do not want to see our flag tainted.

As I've said twice now, why not vote for a political party with very similar views on immigration? And yes, there are other parties. If you vote for the BNP you're not just voting for their immigration policies (which are crazy and too broad anyway) but you're voting for their homophobic, racist and abhorent views too.

Also, voting is meant to be voting for whoever you want to be in charge. Imagine if everyone had the same idea as you? "Oh I'll just vote for the BNP to show I'm not happy with the current system", then the BNP would win which would be a disaster. Not to mention that pretty much every party is planning to change immigration in one way or another, even labour is bringing in a new points based system to lower imigration.

If you think that supporting the rights of gay people, fighting racism, and voting for a sensible non-racist party is being a "do-gooder" then I think that's a sad reflection on yourself.
Here in Birmingham I have had 3 occasions. My friend took his England flag to school, at the time. This was 2006. The teacher told him to put the flag away or it'll be confiscated because its disrespecting others.

A flag which was up here by a memorial grave was taken down temporarily when there were complaints about the St George flag there. Luckily, it is back up. And the other time was also during the world cup, my friend had his flag up in his own bedroom window facing out and recieved abuse from 'non-British' saying that it shouldnt be up.

I wont vote for someone else because they dont offer the exact same strict rules on immigration.

The thing is most of the people wont think like me and wont vote BNP anyway as this country has gone mad and it seems to be the norm to be surrounded by as many non-British as British in some areas.

Please, do not put words into my mouth. I never once said unless you vote for BNP then you are a do-gooder. I suggest you re-read what I put, and next time when you fancy quoting something I say, put it word for word. Not adding extra bits to it.


I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Kingston upon Hull/ Brighton, UK

Posts: 1,494
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: (UK) So, Im voting BNP - March 22nd 2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightEleven91 View Post
Please, do not put words into my mouth. I never once said unless you vote for BNP then you are a do-gooder. I suggest you re-read what I put, and next time when you fancy quoting something I say, put it word for word. Not adding extra bits to it.
I know you didn't directly say it, but to me that seemed exactly what you were implying. I am sorry if I misunderstood you, hopefully no long-term offence caused.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
bnp, voting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.