TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 07:30 AM

This is so disgusting: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/6129146.cms

I am so glad I live in America.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CasiLG Offline
Average Joe

Name: Casi

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:29 AM

Yikes. That is sick and extreme.

P.M me anytime you need or want to talk to me. God Bless.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 12:52 PM

I didn't read the story, but the Bible says that we will suffer for Jesus' name. We will face perscution just as he did.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Cheyenne is phresh ^.^

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 03:38 PM

Wow this is horrible. But like Emily said, we will suffer for the name of Christ.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 04:40 PM

Wow, amazing. Someone from the country that bred the Ku Klux Klan and the Westborough Baptist Church is complaining that religious fundamentalists exist in India! How horrifying!

(I'm not for a second claiming that this one incident isn't particularly horrific, but I can't quite see how this makes India any more depraved than the US.)
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
Wow, amazing. Someone from the country that bred the Ku Klux Klan and the Westborough Baptist Church is complaining that religious fundamentalists exist in India! How horrifying!

(I'm not for a second claiming that this one incident isn't particularly horrific, but I can't quite see how this makes India any more depraved than the US.)
Um, I'm not denying that sick Religions don't exist in the United States, and I never said that. Obviously they do. But you don't hear about people's hands getting chopped off nearly as much as you would in India, now do you? America is not perfect, but I definitely feel safer living here than I would in India.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Um, I'm not denying that sick Religions don't exist in the United States, and I never said that. Obviously they do. But you don't hear about people's hands getting chopped off nearly as much as you would in India, now do you? America is not perfect, but I definitely feel safer living here than I would in India.
I'd reply that it's nothing compared to, say, the large number of religiously motivated abortion-related killings and attacks in the US.Just because it doesn't take such a visually shocking form doesn't mean religious violence is non-existent.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:23 PM

Whoa, islamaphobic news...never seen this before...

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I'd reply that it's nothing compared to, say, the large number of religiously motivated abortion-related killings and attacks in the US.Just because it doesn't take such a visually shocking form doesn't mean religious violence is non-existent.
I never said it was non existent, but it definitely isn't as violent in America as it is in other countries. Sure it exists, but I stand my ground that it's much safer to be a religious in America than it is to be a religious in any other country.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:30 PM

Well another thing too, as I recall Muslims and India's largest group do not get along well either. Which is why the Muslims founded their own nation. This was long before 9/11 ECT. so really the Muslims are just as likely there to face issues.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
I never said it was non existent, but it definitely isn't as violent in America as it is in other countries. Sure it exists, but I stand my ground that it's much safer to be a religious in America than it is to be a religious in any other country.
It's safer to be Muslim in America than in, say, Switzerland? Really?
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
It's safer to be Muslim in America than in, say, Switzerland? Really?
Well in America the government can not support one faith over another. They can not kill, imprison, or any other harm to someone based just on the faith they do or do not choose to follow.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
Well in America the government can not support one faith over another. They can not kill, imprison, or any other harm to someone based just on the faith they do or do not choose to follow.
The majority of nations support the separation of church and state - indeed the US isn't exactly a great example when compared to other western countries (frequent references to Christianity on note bills, public buildings etc., as well as many politicians' open admissions of religious fundamentalism).

Also it's interesting to note that India is in fact entirely secular.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 05:56 PM

They maybe completely secular, but one group Hindu make up just over 4/5 of the population.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/in.html

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 06:00 PM

And over 3/4 of the population in the US is Christian. In fact our population is over 14/15 Christian, and yet we manage to remain entirely secular.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 06:05 PM

I admit, I do not know about India, but just because someone says he/she is a Christian does not mean they are. Of those who are that does not mean they practice strongly or often. As I said, I understand the same can apply to anywhere, but as I understand they are very strong in their faith for the most part.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:24 PM

As awful as it is, it's not something that seems to be surprising news anymore. Christianity promotes violence and many do violence in the name of their god or just brainwash their children. Islam isn't particularly peaceful either and when Christianity and Islam don't get together, it's no surprise they do this. It's horrifying but what I find to actually be horrifying is how common it is and how promoted it is.

I agree, it is pretty funny though to see people complaining about this event despite having fundamentalist, often violent or harmful churches bred in the country.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:31 PM

Christianity does not promote violence, but in every faith or train of thought there will be people that take it too far.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
AllyCat.x Offline
Exploitation is Contagious
Not a n00b

Name: Ally

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:41 PM

Oh Jeeze! I'm glad I live in america too :/

Secret Love...
My escape...
Take me far, far away...
Secret Love?...
Are you there?...
Can you answer my prayer ?...

Please take me
anywhere but here

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Christianity does not promote violence, but in every faith or train of thought there will be people that take it too far.
HAHA oh that's a good joke. Read the Old Testament, start with Leviticus and Deuteronomy, you'll find that Christianity does indeed promote violence and killing. Other parts of the bible do too but those two are the common ones. Do you think killing villages, killing non-believers, killing homosexuals, etc... is not violent? The philosophy of Christianity is one of agree or get killed/punished for not agreeing (or until you do agree). Everything else either is fluff or is line with this.

Might I also remind you that Christianity is where the Malleus Maleficarum came from, which is the book that says such as "to see if a person is a witch, toss her into the lake, if she drowns you're safe and she's not a witch, if she floats, she is a witch to be burned at the stake". If you don't consider that violent, well then I don't know what to say to you.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
HAHA oh that's a good joke. Read the Old Testament, start with Leviticus and Deuteronomy, you'll find that Christianity does indeed promote violence and killing. Other parts of the bible do too but those two are the common ones. Do you think killing villages, killing non-believers, killing homosexuals, etc... is not violent? The philosophy of Christianity is one of agree or get killed/punished for not agreeing (or until you do agree). Everything else either is fluff or is line with this.

Might I also remind you that Christianity is where the Malleus Maleficarum came from, which is the book that says such as "to see if a person is a witch, toss her into the lake, if she drowns you're safe and she's not a witch, if she floats, she is a witch to be burned at the stake". If you don't consider that violent, well then I don't know what to say to you.
The New testament tells us that when a man hits one cheek turn the other. If a man forces you to walk one mile walk with him two.
Christ says that we are to love everyone and have a child like faith.

God loves everyone, that is why he gives you so much time to come to him.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 6th 2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
The New testament tells us that when a man hits one cheek turn the other. If a man forces you to walk one mile walk with him two.

God loves everyone, that is why he gives you so much time to come to him.
You're doing the classic arguments that many Christians seem to do: babble about something that may be slightly relevant and ignore whatever else is said along with preaching. I mentioned the Old Testament, not the New Testament. In the New Testament however, there is still violence. You give one obscure quote without referencing where it came from and you hope that it's sufficient evidence that Christianity isn't violent? People don't reference quotes for the hell of it, they do it to show others that the quote is genuine. Come on.

Christ says to love, you've got a point there. However, God does not promote this idea in the OLD TESTAMENT. In the Old Testament, Christ promotes peace (for the most part) but God does not such thing. In the New Testament, there is violence. For example:

And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea. (Mark 5: 12-13)

And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (Luke 3:9)

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John 3:36)

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. (Romans 5:12)

Notice how all of these are from the NEW TESTAMENT. If you want I can give you more passages from the New Testament from each book. As you said, God gives us time, so I can use this time for showing you more evidence of the violence. Any person who read the bible knows it promotes violence, I suggest you also read it.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 7th 2010, 12:05 AM

I KNOW they are from the new Testament, but there is love there. Since God can not have sin in Heaven he must punish those who sin and so Hell is the punishment for sin. It is not that he WANTS people to go to Hell if he did THAT would not be love. However, when people choose to not accept his free gift then he must pay someway.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 7th 2010, 02:35 AM

What did the guy write to make those people so angry?

You're amazing just the way you are

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 7th 2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
I KNOW they are from the new Testament, but there is love there. Since God can not have sin in Heaven he must punish those who sin and so Hell is the punishment for sin. It is not that he WANTS people to go to Hell if he did THAT would not be love. However, when people choose to not accept his free gift then he must pay someway.
God knows what people will do before they're even born. Everyone is predestined according to both Old and New Testaments. People are not disobeying him, if anything they're obeying him to the best that can be done. He knows someone is going to sin yet instead of being a nice, kind god he'd rather make people who he will toss to hell while having others be in his lap of luxury. How can you say he doesn't want people to go to hell? In Genesis, god makes everything and he makes it for how he wants it. In John, it's explicitly said he's all-knowing. If you say he doesn't want this, then you're going against the fact god is all-knowing and predestined people, which is basically against Christianity.

This seems to be something that many Christians on here and elsewhere I've encountered cant seem to grasp. They'll argue god is all-knowing and predestined everyone yet in the same breath argue people are given free will and may go against what god wanted. That's impossible according to the bible.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 7th 2010, 07:20 AM

Ech, this just lends more credit to what I already knew. Even if any of the Big Three were true, then I'd give any deity harsh, evil and cruel enough to be like that the middle finger and continue what I was doing.

Inspires nothing but hatred and pig-headedness.

This is why atheism is the way forward

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Re: Muslims hack off Christian teacher's hand. - July 7th 2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I don't wish to partake in this discussion but I feel like I should mention that these two quotes in fact have nothing to do with peace. The former tells christians to accept blows from their enemies, which does not (as many think) mean they should take them without retaliation - it only states that one should not hide from attack linked to one's spiritual beliefs). The latter encourages generosity. WOW's nailed it on the OT.
Closed Thread