TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 12:15 AM

Youtube video showing the woman put the cat in the wheelie bin here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC Article
The RSPCA has said it will be speaking to a woman caught on CCTV dumping a cat into a wheelie bin in Coventry.

Lola, a four-year-old tabby, was discovered 15 hours later by owner Darryl Mann after he heard her cries.

He then checked his security cameras and saw footage of the woman first stroking Lola and then grabbing her by the neck and throwing her in the bin.

Police said they had identified the woman and community support officers had been stationed outside her home.

Mr Mann, 26, of Brays Lane, said he had not noticed that Lola had been missing.

"She is a night cat. We sometimes don't see her in the day unless she comes in for food."

He said he had been going out to his car on Sunday morning when he heard her meowing.

"I thought at first she was under the car. But then I found her in the bin."

He later checked his CCTV, which he installed for security reasons, to see how Lola had ended up in the bin.

"I thought she might have got in herself - she's not the brightest cat.

"It's disgusting, she's a lovely cat... she'd never hurt anyone.

"I don't know how someone could do it to such a defenceless animal.

"Obviously, we had to go through a good few hours of video footage, but... within a couple of hours we had it on the internet."

West Midlands Police said they received a call on Sunday evening reporting what had happened.

They said the actions caught on CCTV could constitute an animal cruelty offence because of the likely suffering caused to the cat.

The force said it was supporting the RSPCA investigation and urged the public to leave the matter to the authorities.

It said a large crowd had gathered outside the woman's home and police community support officers were there to monitor the situation.

"Media speculation that the woman is being given police protection is categorically not the case," it added.

"Community support officers are outside the woman's address monitoring a large group of people - most of them from the media - for public order purposes as per routine police procedure."

It said the RSPCA was due to talk to the woman shortly.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11068063

Bit messed up!

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 12:18 AM

Lmao I saw this. Its crazy.
The police have released a statement asking the public to 'let us deal with it' because people where getting so angry about it. And quite right too to be honest. Its such an odd thing to do. I just pray the woman was mentally unstable/drunk or something, because the idea a normal person could do this makes me sad

Think about if the bin truck came

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 01:49 AM

DISCLAIMER: I know this is the Sun newspaper and you shouldn't believe things written in the sun but they are directly quoting her - it can't all be fabricated

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...says-Mary.html
Quote:
MOGGIE mauler Mary Bale yesterday admitted dumping a family's pet puss in a wheelie bin - but insisted: "I don't know what the fuss is about, it's just a cat."
The grey-haired spinster faces a possible RSPCA prosecution after shock CCTV footage showed her scooping up four-year-old tabby Lola "as a joke".

Millions were sickened by the video after it was posted on the internet and animal-lovers from as far away as AUSTRALIA have since levelled death threats online.

The Sun tracked down 45-year-old Bale to her scruffy terraced house in Coventry, less than half a mile from where she grabbed Lola.

But when questioned by our reporter, the defiant bank worker threw back her head and LAUGHED.

Confession ... Bale explains cat episode at her Coventry home
She said: "I really don't see what everyone is getting so excited about - it's just a cat.

"I was walking home from work on Saturday night and saw this cat wander out in front of me.

"I was playing with it, stroking it and listening to it purr as it stood on a garden wall. It was very friendly.

"I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny to put it in the wheelie bin which was right beside me.

"I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle out of the bin."

Bale was seen on the footage peering furtively from side to side before picking up the luckless puss.

Happy ... Lola with Sun treats yesterday
But she said: "People are reading too much into things. I've no feelings about cats one way or the other. I don't keep pets myself - but I have no problem with people who do.

"To think this video is being seen around the world is unbelievable. I'm a very private person and don't want to upset any members of my family. I don't know what my relatives will think, but to be honest I think everyone's overreacting a bit.

"OK, I shouldn't have done it - but it's just a cat at the end of the day. I don't think I deserve to be hated by people all over the world, it was just a split second of madness.

"Cats are good climbers and I assumed it would just scramble out through the lid and go on its way."

In fact, terrified Lola was trapped in the bin for FIFTEEN hours before her worried owners found her and freed her unhurt.

Bale now faces losing her job as a customer services assistant at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Advertisement

She said: "I've had my boss ringing to ask me what's going on, and I've had to talk to the bank's security people about what to do if people who think I hurt the cat try to find me.

"Everything has gone crazy because of a stupid spur-of-the- moment thing I did - but I know I only have myself to blame.

"I wish I'd never set eyes on the cat. But what I'm really worried about at the moment is my father who is not very well in hospital."

Bale's shocked mum Celia yesterday claimed her daughter "loves cats".

She said: "She absolutely adores animals - this doesn't make sense.

"Her father Maurice is in hospital very ill at the moment. I think she was just in a world of her own."

Bale was caught on CCTV cameras rigged up by Lola's owners Stephanie and Darryl Andrews-Mann. The pair realised their pet was missing late on Saturday, but were unaware that Bale had deposited her inside the plastic bin at about 8pm.

Only when they viewed the bizarre video footage did they realise where she had gone and rush to free her.

The film showed Bale stroking the cat as it walked along a wall and affectionately rubbed against her.

Bale was then seen glancing around before lifting Lola by the nape of her neck, raising the bin's lid, and dumping the helpless moggie inside before strolling off down the street.

In a bid to trace the culprit, Stephanie, 24, put the video on YouTube, where it had last night been viewed by more than 100,000 people in the UK alone. A Facebook page set up by her family drew thousands of comments demanding "justice".

Outrage ... CCTV pictures show Bale throw cat in bin and walk off
Stephanie urged West Midlands cops to take Bale to court for animal cruelty, saying: "To think someone near us could do this sends chills down my spine. For her to say it was a joke is disgusting."

But last night Stephanie, who shares her home with Darryl, 26, and eight-year-old daughter Chloe, insisted appalled animal-lovers should NOT seek revenge.

She said: "Now the police know who she is, I think people should leave it to them and the RSPCA to deal with it. I don't like her, but I don't want her to get hurt." Police yesterday informally offered Bale protection in light of the threats, which saw her call cops herself.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: "The RSPCA is leading an investigation and will interview the woman shortly.

"Coventry Police are supporting this investigation and urge the public to leave the matter to be dealt with correctly by the authorities. The woman has not been arrested because she has not committed a criminal offence."

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 01:57 AM

She looked quite old, so maybe she was senile or something? >.>.

I'm glad the cat's alright though ^^;

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 02:51 AM

I saw this in the news!
I could not believe why she put a cat in a trash can, they started to make fun of her in the news. lol.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 03:26 AM

guess the cats out of the bag now.... or should it be bin ? lol

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 03:33 AM

Sounds like just an idiotic woman to me. It was kind of a joke, albeit a really stupid one. She wasn't being vicious, just...so stupid. A horrible thing to do, from many perspectives, but... We can't punish her without punishing LOADS more idiots.

...Wait. Now there's an idea...

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Bean Offline
*goes poof*
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 04:01 AM

Insanity! Not the sort of thing most people would do on the spur of the moment, I'd hope... o.o I hate to think what would have happened if the bin lorry came.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 09:50 AM

Saw it on the news. Hilarious. LOL.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 10:17 AM

So glad she was caught red-handed, what she did was abuse and i hope she gets left with a hefty fine.

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 11:58 AM

"I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle out of the bin."

Yeah, I've seen loads of cats who can scale walls. Just like Spiderman .

Either she is lying when she says she did it as a joke or she really needs to be checked for some sort of mental disorder. I can't understand how anyone would think it is funny to put a cat in a rubbish bin and close the lid. If it was really a joke, she would have waited to see the cat crawl out rather than walking away. And I suppose she also thinks it would have been funny to put a small child in the wheelie bin and then walk off?

And it makes me sick that she says "it's just a cat". Anyone who has any sort of ability for compassion knows that pets are more than just "cats" or "dogs" to their owners.

The only good thing about the story is that they found Lola before the bins were taken away.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 12:11 PM

I think it was just a moment of madness by the sounds of it. She shouldn't have done it but everybody has strange moments.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 06:25 PM

saw this on the news, they said she thought it was would funny or something. what the hell? this is messed up. and i don't even like cats..

EDIT: the owners and the cat were just on the one show! aww.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Angry Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Saw it on the news. Hilarious. LOL.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Anyways, its disgusting that people can be so cruel to animals. I mean, especially someone's pet. I could see someone throwing a feral cat if it tried to attack them, then yes, its self-defense. But a defenseless animal that has done NOTHING wrong, being treated so horribly? People like that piss me right the fuck off.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#15 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting on the shitter View Post
I think it was just a moment of madness by the sounds of it. She shouldn't have done it but everybody has strange moments.
Did you watch the video? She looks around very obviously prior to doing it to make sure that no one is watching her. And after doing it, she practically runs away. I thought it was pretty obvious that she knew she was doing the wrong thing, not that she had a lapse of judgment or anything like that.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 25th 2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
Did you watch the video? She looks around very obviously prior to doing it to make sure that no one is watching her. And after doing it, she practically runs away. I thought it was pretty obvious that she knew she was doing the wrong thing, not that she had a lapse of judgment or anything like that.
Yeah, just sounds like an act of cruelty to me. If it were some kind of lack of sanity, doubt she'd be so aware about it.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 03:10 AM

Aw, poor kitty! I totally don't understand how people can treat animals like that.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ArcAngel- View Post
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.
Nope. Lmao!

Come on. She put a can in a bin. It survived. All is well.

Quote:
Yeah, just sounds like an act of cruelty to me. If it were some kind of lack of sanity, doubt she'd be so aware about it.
ArcAngel's world- Where sane people fake cancer, light themselves on fire and put cats in bins.

I'd really hate to see what it would take for you to start questioning someone's mental state.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Nope. Lmao!

Well if it's so funny maybe you'd like to experience getting thrown into a garbage bin by a stranger, not be able to get out, be scared out of your mind and left there overnight.

Look what they said about the poor kitty.
Quote:
They found her in a terrified state, sitting in the bin in her own mess.
Of course this isn't nearly as bad as the cases of people brutally torturing animals and whatnot, but I do not see how this is funny at all. Animals have feelings too.

Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 04:52 PM

This story has made me lose faith in humanity in an unprecedented way, and not because of the cat (I don't care about the cat), but because of how the public has reacted towards this woman. Death threats, descriptions of how she deserves to be tortured and general disgusting and obnoxious behaviour. It's all so hypocritical and such an over-reaction to something which no sane person should get even close to that upset about. It also frustrates me that anyone who has come forward and said "Hey guys, aren't you getting a little bit too worked up about this?" generally gets the same abuse as the woman when they've done nothing but commit the crime of being logical in an illogical society.

If only people would get close to that annoyed about the erosion of civil liberties, poverty or anything that actually matters but alas they do not.

6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
This story has made me lose faith in humanity in an unprecedented way, and not because of the cat (I don't care about the cat), but because of how the public has reacted towards this woman. Death threats, descriptions of how she deserves to be tortured and general disgusting and obnoxious behaviour. It's all so hypocritical and such an over-reaction to something which no sane person should get even close to that upset about. It also frustrates me that anyone who has come forward and said "Hey guys, aren't you getting a little bit too worked up about this?" generally gets the same abuse as the woman when they've done nothing but commit the crime of being logical in an illogical society.

If only people would get close to that annoyed about the erosion of civil liberties, poverty or anything that actually matters but alas they do not.
I agree completely.

Personally, I feel that this a small occurrence that has gotten way out of hand as the media blows it up as a crisis. People do far worse things to animals all the time and no one is personally attacking them--why not go after, for example, the head of a puppy mill? The answer is simple; a woman had a moment of idiocy and is being made into a scapegoat. It's an excuse for people to get outraged even though they're not doing anything to stop people who are far worse to animals.

And that's just animals. There are far worse issues, as Jack said, that are at stake right now. We're capable of working towards fixing them. And yet, here we are.

9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#22 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Couldn't agree more! But unfortunately, I doubt anyone who should be listening to what you say will be.

Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Nope. Lmao!

Yes, thats so wonderful. *sarcasm*

Quote:
ArcAngel's world- Where sane people fake cancer, light themselves on fire and put cats in bins.

I'd really hate to see what it would take for you to start questioning someone's mental state.
Your world seems to dictate that Mental Health Professionals are wrong, People CAN'T be just Bad People, they HAVE to be Mentally Ill, and cats being tortured is funny.

Yeah, I'd rather be in a world that doesn't solve all problems with a diagnosis and some pills than a world where everyone is doped and laughing at the torture of cats.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 26th 2010, 10:11 PM

Going a bit far sending her death threats like, and yes I did see the news. It's not very nice, but not like she killed the cat.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I'd rather be in a world that doesn't solve all problems with a diagnosis and some pills than a world where everyone is doped and laughing at the torture of cats.
You'd rather be in a world where problems were not fixable? That doesn't seem very nice.

I believe people do bad things without having mental illnesses.

For instance, this may help you out in the future:

Sane- Robbing a bank at gunpoint.

Insane- Robbing a dentist at bananapoint.

Sane- Taking someones wallet.

Insane- Taking someones wallet, licking it and giving it back.

Sane- Cheating on your spouse.

Insane- Cheating on your spouse with an Edward Cullen cardboard cutout.

Sane- Killing someone you hate.

Insane- Killing someone because you don't like their shoes.

Sane- Kicking a cat.

Insane- Putting a cat in a wheelie bin.

Sane- Faking job experience on a resume.

Insane- Faking cancer.

Sane- Dieting.

Insane- Starving yourself.

And don't worry, I'm sure the cat doesn't have PTSD.

~Arundhati Roy

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Well if it's so funny maybe you'd like to experience getting thrown into a garbage bin by a stranger, not be able to get out, be scared out of your mind and left there overnight.
A very valid point if we were talking about a human and not a cat.

LOL.

~Arundhati Roy

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
You'd rather be in a world where problems were not fixable? That doesn't seem very nice.
Or, and crazy thought here, but not all problems are solved by pills.

Quote:
Sane - Kicking a cat.

Insane- Putting a cat in a wheelie bin.
Failing to see how they're different, they're both actions performed with cruel intent, just with a "creative" (for lack of a better word) twist.

Quote:
Sane- Faking job experience on a resume.

Insane- Faking cancer.

Sane- Dieting.

Insane- Starving yourself.
OHMYGOD are you serious right now? Hahahaa, points that I LOGICALLY COUNTERED, you still re-hash when they're irrelevant to the current issue?
Okay, let me repeat, SANE PEOPLE HAVE FAKED ILLNESS FOR MONEY!

Oh, and an actress recently shaved her eyebrows and lost a bit of weight for a movie role as a cancer patient (My mom was watching "Entertainment Tonight" and they showed a clip of the interview), but she had a make-up artist to cover the hair. Oh, she MUST be insane. o_O Faking cancer for money, faking cancer for money, same thing but one of them doesn't involve movie cameras.

And Crash Dieting can equal to Starvation, or a Very Low Calorie Diet, which is still, technically, starving yourself, but with small amounts of food compared to none.

How do you know the cat isn't traumatized? They CAN get traumatized easily. My sister's cat got traumatized by the dog chasing him around, so now even if he sees the dog sleeping, he'll jump out of your arms and on to the table.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 04:17 AM

Guys, please let's not attack each other. Let's play nice and debate the subject, NOT the person. Thank you.

Quote:

I agree completely with you. I love cats myself, I own one, but seriously? She wasn't trying to harm thee cat.She was just being dumb. And this is coming from someone whose cat has been tortured and maltreated by neighbourhood brats. People are overreacting. Yes, if it was my cat I would be upset. But I wouldn't be threatening to kill her. Around here, people kill cats, and only after they kill several does it make the news.Someone broke my cat's leg, and I was upset and pissed(and worried about my cat. Might have been a car..but doubt it), so I can understand overreacting if she hurt the cat.But she didn't. People are so illogical. genocide is great, but dropping a cat in a bin is morally wrong! /Sarcasm.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Or, and crazy thought here, but not all problems are solved by pills.

Failing to see how they're different, they're both actions performed with cruel intent, just with a "creative" (for lack of a better word) twist.

OHMYGOD are you serious right now? Hahahaa, points that I LOGICALLY COUNTERED, you still re-hash when they're irrelevant to the current issue?
Okay, let me repeat, SANE PEOPLE HAVE FAKED ILLNESS FOR MONEY!

Oh, and an actress recently shaved her eyebrows and lost a bit of weight for a movie role as a cancer patient (My mom was watching "Entertainment Tonight" and they showed a clip of the interview), but she had a make-up artist to cover the hair. Oh, she MUST be insane. o_O Faking cancer for money, faking cancer for money, same thing but one of them doesn't involve movie cameras.

And Crash Dieting can equal to Starvation, or a Very Low Calorie Diet, which is still, technically, starving yourself, but with small amounts of food compared to none.

How do you know the cat isn't traumatized? They CAN get traumatized easily. My sister's cat got traumatized by the dog chasing him around, so now even if he sees the dog sleeping, he'll jump out of your arms and on to the table.
Do Do Do...

I'm not as insecure in my opinions that I have to say HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG UR NOT SERIOUS EVERYTHING I SAID WZ RIGHT N SMART.

I regret bringing this awful argument into a thread about cats. If I ever hear the words 'faking cancer' again I'm going to shoot myself in the head.

~Arundhati Roy

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I'm not as insecure in my opinions that I have to say HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG UR NOT SERIOUS EVERYTHING I SAID WZ RIGHT N SMART.
Uhh, yeah, its SMART to have EVIDENCE to back up one's claims, anywhoo... Since thats irrelevant here anyways, no point in drilling the point.

Quote:
I regret bringing this awful argument into a thread about cats. If I ever hear the words 'faking cancer' again I'm going to shoot myself in the head.
Well it was unjustified anyways, seeing as it was completely irrelevant.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Talking Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 07:24 AM

okay i agree that was mean but comon people do worse without getting charged, as peps been saying the cat wasnt hurt. im guessing you would say putting a cat in the bath tub is mean as wel, i put my cat in the bath once

it could of easily been a lil kid and people wouldnt be throwing a huge fit about it

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Last edited by KiwiGal; August 27th 2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: adding another point

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_fish_bunny View Post
it could of easily been a lil kid and people wouldnt be throwing a huge fit about it
Do you mean if a little kid threw the cat, or if a kid was thrown in a bin?

(#33 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 09:26 AM

if a lil kid put the cat in the bin/ and if the kid was in there

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 10:33 AM

I think it's stupid what she did and that she probably didn't do it as a joke, she just didn't expect to get caught for doing it and now that she has, she needs some reason better then the real one. I mean how does she expect a cat to wiggle out of a smooth bin in the dark with the lid closed?

At the same time though, death threats are way too extreme for what she did.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Elliee Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 11:39 AM

I saw this and I actually laughed. I don't like animal cruelty and I think if the cat had been hurt it would be a different matter, but no harm was done in the long run.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_fish_bunny View Post
if a lil kid put the cat in the bin/ and if the kid was in there
It depends what age you mean by "lil kid"...

If a little kid put the cat into the bin people would still be mad but it would be aimed at the parents for not watching the child or teaching it right from wrong.

If someone put a little kid into a bin then depending on the age it could get out or at least push the lid open and if it was younger and couldn't get out then it would have to be a baby/toddler and people would be kicking off just a bad most likely worse.
Also a kid in a bin would make more noise than a cat and be found quicker because people would notice the kid was gone more than a cat.

I don't see how you can say if it was a little kid in the bin or putting the cat in the bin people wouldn't be mad.

Last edited by Melody Pond; August 27th 2010 at 12:21 PM.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Uhh, yeah, its SMART to have EVIDENCE to back up one's claims, anywhoo... Since thats irrelevant here anyways, no point in drilling the point.
I'm sorry but comparing dieting to starving yourself and generally proving that people do bad things sometimes isn't evidence.

~Arundhati Roy

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikela View Post

It depends what age you mean by "lil kid"...

If a little kid put the cat into the bin people would still be mad but it would be aimed at the parents for not watching the child or teaching it right from wrong.

If someone put a little kid into a bin then depending on the age it could get out or at least push the lid open and if it was younger and couldn't get out then it would have to be a baby/toddler and people would be kicking off just a bad most likely worse.
Also a kid in a bin would make more noise than a cat and be found quicker because people would notice the kid was gone more than a cat.

I don't see how you can say if it was a little kid in the bin or putting the cat in the bin people wouldn't be mad.
I actually think the argument makes sense, if we're talking about a kid putting the cat in the garbage bin. (I'm not really sure how a kid in the bin is relevant, because...I just don't understand. :P)

If a kid had put the cat in the bin, the cat's owner would have watched his security tapes, seen the kid, and probably thought "Oh. What a stupid kid! I can't believe he did that." They might've gone to the parents and pissed and moaned about it for a bit, then it would've ended. Why? Because kids do stupid things all the time. We accept kids as not knowing as much as adults and, if they're young kids, we know that they don't always think properly because their brain isn't fully developed and they haven't had as many experiences.

If a kid had done it, no one would have broadcasted it because it wouldn't have slipped past as "news." If a kid had done it, people wouldn't be threatening death.

So maybe we should just consider that anyone who would do something like this has obviously, like a kid, got a few issues with common sense.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allons-y! View Post

If a kid had done it, no one would have broadcasted it because it wouldn't have slipped past as "news." If a kid had done it, people wouldn't be threatening death.
That depend on the kids age, if the kid was about 7 or older I think the news would jump on it and be all "Kids of today are horrible and evil and do this to cats"
because they do it with every generation, they pick on one kid as a bad example and talk about how the younger generations are getting worse and have no respect blah blah blah.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: Woman puts cat in bin caught on CCTV - August 27th 2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikela View Post
That depend on the kids age, if the kid was about 7 or older I think the news would jump on it and be all "Kids of today are horrible and evil and do this to cats"
because they do it with every generation, they pick on one kid as a bad example and talk about how the younger generations are getting worse and have no respect blah blah blah.
Its like the Goths and Columbine.

Quote:
I'm sorry but comparing dieting to starving yourself and generally proving that people do bad things sometimes isn't evidence.
Actually, I was referring to every other piece of relevant evidence I had in that, like KNOWING how the CMHA works for one. But, as I said, dropped due to irrelevance to this thread. If you care to discuss how you are so terribly, terribly wrong and delusional, feel free to PM me.

Closed Thread