TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Exclamation Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 25th 2010, 07:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

WARNING! THIS STORY IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND VERY DISTURBING READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_ki...101087119.html

These poor cats went through hell and by the hands of some sicko. I cried when I read this story and I had nightmares. I hope that they catch the disgusting scumbag who murdered those poor innocent cats this person obviously has no heart and feels NOTHING this cat killer deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his/her pathetic life

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 25th 2010, 08:36 PM

That is fucking horrible.

I hope the man gets locked away, for the good of animals AND people!

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 12:41 AM

Don't get me wrong, I love cats, I hate people killing cats, and also the cats are pets. But I do have to say, I was expecting something slightly worse than the cats having been cleanly cut in half... like skinned alive or something (that idea makes me squirm and feel ill). And ok, the cat killer (how do you know its a man?) has some serious issues, and needs to have some serious mental help and some punishment (as these cats are people's pets), making them rot in prison for the rest of their life seems a bit unproportional as we allow the slaughter of millions of animals all the time in slaughter houses.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 12:46 AM

i think saying he/she should rot in prison for the rest of their lives is a bit extreme. yeah, this is pretty messed up but you can't compare a killing a cat to killing a human. and most people who kill humans don't serve the rest of their life in prison.

this person is obviously messed up in the head or something. no sane person would go around chopping cats in half, surely? :/

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 02:29 AM

Well if he is indeed insane he should be sent to the mental facility for whatever mental illness he may have!

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 02:48 AM

What's wrong with people and cats today? Why can't cats and people get along?

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 02:48 AM

Gosh I really can't stand reading about things like this. I can't believe there are people in the world who do these kind of things to animals. I hope they find the person responsible and do something to stop them from ever doing it again.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 09:56 AM

Obviously it's a horrible thing to do, very serial killerish behaviour. Quiet honestly I think anyone who does this kind of thing for fun is sick and disgusting. But as someone else said, unless you are vegetarian you don't really have that much right to be TOO outraged.

I find it funny that people go crazy over this and that when it comes to animal abuse (just look at that woman who put a cat in a wheelie bin... She's getting more attention and abuse than a child molester!) yet they have no problem with a cow or pig being slaughtered so they can eat their big macs.

Why? Does a chicken have less right to live than a dog? You can bet your sweet ass if cows were cuddly and cute looking people would be absolutely OUTRAGED at their slaughter. And of course, you'll get the whole 'but they're killed humanely' bit. But isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?

I'm not a vegetarian nor am I a monster. Of course it is better that animals are killed quickly and not in pain. But the truth is that we could live without eating them, and that if this man had simply killed these animals quickly or even ate them afterwards, there would still be the same outcry.

And to go back to what I said about the cat/wheelie bin lady, it irritates me that animals being harmed makes people cry and carry on and yet people die everyday and they don't bat an eyelid.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 26th 2010, 05:09 PM

^ Yeah, I agree with you there Marguerite. I'm a vegetarian and it annoys me a little bit when people get so upset over cruelty to cats and dogs but don't care how the cow was killed to make their hamburger. In reality, I believe that people do care but just don't like to think about it. Most people know the slaughter houses are not pleasant in any way for the animals, but choose to ignore it so that they don't have to change their ways or at least even admit what they're contributing to.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 02:01 AM

Someone that would do that do a living animal should defiantly face jail time that's ****ing disgusting and I'm genuinely frustrated now.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 02:18 AM

What concerns me is that if he has these violent killing compulsions towards cats he may eventually have them towards humans.
but i could just be paranoid.

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 03:05 AM

Ohh, that's not as bad as I thought. Ehh community service and a year rehabilitation classes seem fair enough for whenever they catch him, they're only animals.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 03:33 AM

And not to be the person that cries 'Insane!' in every thread but obviously some guy going around cutting cats in half isn't exactly all there.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.ordinary.dreamer View Post
What concerns me is that if he has these violent killing compulsions towards cats he may eventually have them towards humans.
but i could just be paranoid.
Yes, it can easily escalate. Not guaranteed that it will, but its entirely possible, since he's done this on multiple occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
And not to be the person that cries 'Insane!' in every thread but obviously some guy going around cutting cats in half isn't exactly all there.
I agree with you on this one. I mean, he's like a serial killer of cats, which is quite alarming.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Ohh, that's not as bad as I thought. Ehh community service and a year rehabilitation classes seem fair enough for whenever they catch him, they're only animals.
Humans are only animals too. I agree, it's not as bad news as I thought and I agree, the person should be put into rehabilitation but not specifically for only 1 year. Skinning and chopping up cats, even if the cats are dead then purposely leaving the cats out for people to find in the same place means the person isn't simply someone who fancies dead cats but has a meaning to the placement of the corpses. But, if after 1 year of rehab, the person is decided to be "fine", then I'm satisfied. Doubtful though because that often indicates further violence.

I'm actually wondering why the head is intact and I can think of only 3 reasons. One has to do with a certain tattoo that makes no sense for this and the other is the head as sacred or the cat can look at its inside like the person did.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Bean Offline
*goes poof*
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Sick man killing cats in an inhumane way - August 27th 2010, 08:40 AM

This is disgusting, but worse things do happen to animals. Many farms and slaughterhouses treat the animals horrendously, I don't see why it is so much worse just because it has happened to cats.

The person doing it is certainly concerning though. It is well known that violence towards animals is linked with criminal behaviour, violence towards humans in particular.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

Closed Thread