TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 28th 2010, 05:54 PM

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08...c1_lnk3|166800

Am I the only person who finds this to be... disturbing?

The whole thing seems like something this country... just does not need in any shape or form right now.

Also, bets as to what time a fundamentalist group comes out and labels Beck as the Antichrist?


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 28th 2010, 07:21 PM

I find a lot of what happens nowadays in terms of general ignorance and intolerance to be disturbing, so don't worry, you're not the only one. It's something Western society as a whole doesn't need right now to be honest.


"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough
*********
 
Union Of V's Avatar
 
Name: Basil!!!
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Cork, Ireland

Posts: 2,017
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 28th 2010, 07:29 PM

A fundamentalist group labeling Beck as the antichrist? Good God no! They'd be slandering their main ally, and saying something logical for once! Blasphemy I tell ya! Blasphemy!

I would like to state, as I always do when teabaggers (sorry couldn't resist) come up, that unless these people actually state what it is they are against they are just drumming up support for mindless destructionism. And while I'm at it, destructionism doesn't work unless followed by thought-out constructionism - look at the rises of Hitler and Lenin, very Tea Party-esque movements grew up around them.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,841
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 28th 2010, 09:24 PM

Glen Beck is a joke.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Silver Halide's Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 158
Join Date: August 25th 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 12:51 AM

I heard about that when I was watching the Colbert Report earlier this week. On the anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" speech... at the same location. RIGHT THEN.

I agree, we definitely do not need more fear and hate mongering in America. This will end poorly. For whom, I do not know yet. Hopefully just for him.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 01:11 AM

Oh for the love of Darwin. Beck is full of himself.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 01:23 AM

I think that America should turn back to God. I managed to catch some of the rally today.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough
*********
 
Acheron's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Laying traps for troubadours

Posts: 2,096
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Also, bets as to what time a fundamentalist group comes out and labels Beck as the Antichrist?
Not happening. Only registered Democrats can be the Antichrist.

Anyway, expect this to continue at least until November 2012. Having a black Muslim communist in the White House doesn't sit well with heavily armed right-wing Christian fundamentalists.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while
********
 
Ghost On The Highway's Avatar
 
Name: Ghost
Age: 30
Gender: Duderino
Location: Galaxy 5-0-0

Posts: 1,045
Join Date: January 16th 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 02:33 AM

Glenn Beck is a disgrace to MLK, America, and anyone who calls himself a conservative.



The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
I think that America should turn back to God.
Does it matter which god or does it have to be one in particular if that one in particular can do whatever magical stuff that others cannot?

This whole thing is an absolute joke. Having Americans who are more hateful isn't something that the USA needs right now. I saw this on the Colbert Report and found this whole thing to be bloody stupid. Is he meant to be a politician or a religious preacher? When I saw this, two words floated across my mind: "Darwin Award".


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Does it matter which god or does it have to be one in particular if that one in particular can do whatever magical stuff that others cannot?

This whole thing is an absolute joke. Having Americans who are more hateful isn't something that the USA needs right now. I saw this on the Colbert Report and found this whole thing to be bloody stupid. Is he meant to be a politician or a religious preacher? When I saw this, two words floated across my mind: "Darwin Award".
It matters to me because I am a Christian.

How about both? I think it would be very very great to get a conservative Christian in office.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 06:10 AM

I saw this on the news and had to laugh. Does Beck take himself seriously?

What an absolute joke and an insult to MLK and everything he stood for.


To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

It matters to me because I am a Christian.
Would you think that other god beliefs could benefit America similar to how Christianity can?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
How about both? I think it would be very very great to get a conservative Christian in office.
I see no place for religion in politics, so a politician can be of whatever religion, I only care if what he/she does is to benefit their religion. For example, if a Christian politician was demanding that schools all teach that Christianity is the only way to live, use books from the Old Testament depicting the violence and refuses to have evolution (or all of science) taught, then I'd be in my seat shouting to get rid of that person. I know that example is a bit extreme, although it doesn't seem too far off from what is happening in parts of the USA. If the politician preaches their religion, then that's when I get a bit unsure of them depending on their preaching. But, if they can still have their political duties be religion-free as much as possible, then I'm fine. If a politician is a preacher and their preaching is part of what their political actions are, then I'm not a fan of that.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
It matters to me because I am a Christian.

How about both? I think it would be very very great to get a conservative Christian in office.
You had one for eight years, can't we have a turn?


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Two Propanol Offline
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
Two Propanol's Avatar
 
Name: Luke
Gender: Male
Location: Broregon

Posts: 55
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Not happening. Only registered Democrats can be the Antichrist.

Anyway, expect this to continue at least until November 2012. Having a black Muslim communist in the White House doesn't sit well with heavily armed right-wing Christian fundamentalists.
You can't be serious... Obama has openly stated on multiple occasions that he's a Christian. And even if he was a Muslim, what does it matter? Religion doesn't make the man. Also, what makes you think that he's a communist? What has he done that's communistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
I think that America should turn back to God. I managed to catch some of the rally today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post


It matters to me because I am a Christian.

How about both? I think it would be very very great to get a conservative Christian in office.
Kitty, I'm a Christian too, but as I said before, religion doesn't make the man. What you're saying is honestly just ignorant right now. For one thing, we already had a conservative Christian in for eight years. For another thing, there's a reason we have a separation of church and state. This country was colonized because government had too many theological emphases. Another person's religion is their business, and at this point in our country we really can't afford to behave so blindly towards our leaders.


   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough
*********
 
Xujhan's Avatar
 
Name: Fletcher
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,024
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Propanol View Post

You can't be serious... Obama has openly stated on multiple occasions that he's a Christian. And even if he was a Muslim, what does it matter? Religion doesn't make the man. Also, what makes you think that he's a communist? What has he done that's communistic?
Don't worry, he isn't serious. There are various reasons for those particular titles being levied upon him by some of the less educated among our conservative friends and teabaggers ; "ramming health care down our throats" is one of the more popular justifications. Although if I had to amend his statement I'd use 'socialist' instead of 'communist'. In my experience socialist is the preferred slur of the times, despite many of said finger-pointers showing all the signs of not having a damn clue what it means.


The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough
*********
 
Union Of V's Avatar
 
Name: Basil!!!
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Cork, Ireland

Posts: 2,017
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
I saw this on the news and had to laugh. Does Beck take himself seriously?
Actually no, it seems he's in on the joke too - he once stated that anyone who believed what he said was an idiot. Just think of the pay checks these guys earn, right? He's simply engaging in a very particular form of fraud called "liberal capitalism".
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Name: Marvin
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,576
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 03:10 PM

I think this was disrespectful to MLK, and the civil rights movement. Republicans talking about the Christian God in a place on the anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement, that the Republicans have been the main enemy of for.... ever? The movement is seperate to religion, and if the guy truely was being inspired by MLK, he'd have made an effort to attract an audience that was more diverse.

Though, I've never heard this Tea Party stuff before, probably being across the pond... what is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Would you think that other god beliefs could benefit America similar to how Christianity can?
To be honest, talk of turning back to God is usually a non-political movement, but a campaign to encourage people to spread 'the word' more, which to be fair is simply practicising the faith. In a country with freedom of religion, *that* is ok. Admittedly, some do try make it law, but thats usually Republicans, and even Atheist Republicans usually wnat many of those types of laws - making it law is not ok, I agree. But simply talking about it, and telling people *should* always be allowed where freedom of religion exists.

And as a Christian, I don't think following another God would bring any benefit. But I don't believe in right-wing fundamental Christianity in terms of morality anyway. They've made a second bibical law, which the Bible actually condemns. At the same time, Biblically when nations turn back to God, they get blessed.... but I think American Christians are often too proud to do that geniunely anyway.

But you bash Christians for saying comments like this. Christians aren't the only ones, and not all Christians are even doing it. But I'm pretty sure I've seen you defend the right of Muslims to practice their faith in American in that Ground Zero thread, and although I agree with you on that, it does seem as though you don't think Christians should be able to practice their faith? I know less Muslims post here, but you act like Christianity is the only religion that is used in bad ways. And most of what you do is bash kids. Like 14/15 year old kids. Regardless of faith or lack there of, most 15 year olds have annoyingly stubborn black and white beliefs...

Quote:
How about both? I think it would be very very great to get a conservative Christian in office.
Just want to point out.... a conservative Christian republican would probably expell Christ from the Chruch today, for his liberal ideas and teachings. Many conservative Christians would think Jesus was a left-wing liberal heathen.

Last edited by Marvin; August 29th 2010 at 03:16 PM.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 29th 2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
But you bash Christians for saying comments like this. Christians aren't the only ones, and not all Christians are even doing it. But I'm pretty sure I've seen you defend the right of Muslims to practice their faith in American in that Ground Zero thread, and although I agree with you on that, it does seem as though you don't think Christians should be able to practice their faith? I know less Muslims post here, but you act like Christianity is the only religion that is used in bad ways. And most of what you do is bash kids. Like 14/15 year old kids. Regardless of faith or lack there of, most 15 year olds have annoyingly stubborn black and white beliefs...
I bash Christianity here for a simple reason: it's what is talked about the most here. If it were hardly discussed here, then I wouldn't be doing it as much. How often do you see a religious thread (not necessarily in the religious forum) that is not about Christianity? It's not that common. If there were more and more Islamic ones, then I'd have to familiarize myself with the Qu'ran more but I'd certainly post. I bash the 14-15 year old kids because those are the ones who post things that I often disagree with. I do disagree with some older ones too but many of the 14-15 year olds post the kind of stuff I go against. I don't purposely look for the 14-15 year old poster and go right after them.

I think all people can practice their faith, including Christianity, however, that does not mean I agree with what their faiths are. A Christian can practice their faith all they want, I'm fine with that but I'm not always fine with what it is they practice. I don't believe in the Abrahamic beliefs but if one wants to practice it, that's fine. I may debate them but how often here have I told someone not to practice their faiths at all? I don't agree with what they practice but if they want to practice it, fine by me. The only limitation I set, which I set for other beliefs too, is to stay within the realms of the law.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
"liberal capitalism".
Please tell me that's a multi-layered sarcastic statement and not serious.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Would you think that other god beliefs could benefit America similar to how Christianity can?
Considering I am a born-again Christians, my obvious answer is going to be no.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
I see no place for religion in politics, so a politician can be of whatever religion, I only care if what he/she does is to benefit their religion. For example, if a Christian politician was demanding that schools all teach that Christianity is the only way to live, use books from the Old Testament depicting the violence and refuses to have evolution (or all of science) taught, then I'd be in my seat shouting to get rid of that person. I know that example is a bit extreme, although it doesn't seem too far off from what is happening in parts of the USA. If the politician preaches their religion, then that's when I get a bit unsure of them depending on their preaching. But, if they can still have their political duties be religion-free as much as possible, then I'm fine. If a politician is a preacher and their preaching is part of what their political actions are, then I'm not a fan of that.
I don't attend public school for a certain reason- I don't agree with evolutionary teachings at all. I think that the bible should be taught in schools. Simple as that. (That statement is not meant to turn this into a Creation versus evolution debate)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
You had one for eight years, can't we have a turn?
I would prefer you never to have a turn because I want a Godly man in office. (My opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Propanol View Post
Kitty, I'm a Christian too, but as I said before, religion doesn't make the man. What you're saying is honestly just ignorant right now. For one thing, we already had a conservative Christian in for eight years. For another thing, there's a reason we have a separation of church and state. This country was colonized because government had too many theological emphases. Another person's religion is their business, and at this point in our country we really can't afford to behave so blindly towards our leaders.
Religion influences a person's decisions though. For example, if a person is a Christian, they are More Likely (I capitalized the first letters of those words to emphasize that I am not meaning to stereotype anyone.) to be opposed to abortion which I am opposed to as well. Basically, they are more likely to share the same views as me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
Just want to point out.... a conservative Christian republican would probably expell Christ from the Chruch today, for his liberal ideas and teachings. Many conservative Christians would think Jesus was a left-wing liberal heathen.
I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever heard that. I have never known a single conservative Christian Republican to call Jesus a left-wing liberal heathen.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
WordNerd
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
llamasliketoparty's Avatar
 
Name: Lindsay
Age: 27
Gender: Other
Location: Monroeville, where the sun sets early

Posts: 265
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 06:22 AM

Dear Kitty,

Considering I am a born-again Christians, my obvious answer is going to be no.

Being Christian doesn't mean you can't be open to other people's ideas and tolerant of their faiths.

I would prefer you never to have a turn because I want a Godly man in office. (My opinion)

That is pretty flagrantly rude (my opinion) I would want a morally responsible person in office, yes. But if a person not of my faith were to fit that, I think they should be in office. I've heard lots of stories of "Godly Men" who were horrible people. People I'd never put in control of walking my dog, let alone our country. Just thought I should put out there, once again that just because someone goes to a certain church doesn't mean they will do the right thing.



I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever heard that. I have never known a single conservative Christian Republican to call Jesus a left-wing liberal heathen.

They were saying they'd actually come right out and say that. But if Jesus came out preaching his message of love and peace and hope, most conservitive christians would be mad. Because that goes against all the things they have been preaching lately.


"If you are going to tell the truth, be funny, or they'll kill you."
-Billy Wilder





My tumblr is mydalekromance.tumblr.com please visit me there.

feel free to contact me anytime.
Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to llamasliketoparty  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

Considering I am a born-again Christians, my obvious answer is going to be no.
Your religion doesn't solely dictate that answer. Being open to what others may believe is something that is independent from one's own religion. What is it that is so painfully difficult for you to just be open and even give a "maybe" answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
I would prefer you never to have a turn because I want a Godly man in office. (My opinion)
That's got to be the most ignorant and arrogant thing you've ever said and there's a lot to choose from in saying that. Being a Christian politician doesn't mean the person will be a good politician but I'm wondering if you even care if they're a good politician or not. Even if they're a Christian politician, they may be of a different denomination or same but still disagree with you. It seems you don't care how good they are, as long as they're a Christian, they're bound to be good. That's complete bullshit. This is why I say a person's religion does not matter because even if they're a born-again Christian, you may want them out of office as you don't agree with anything they say/do.

If you want a god(s)-believer who can relate to you pretty well, what is the problem with acknowledging that? I'm thinking you just want to see Christians as always being in power to perhaps stroke your ego that all Christians are good and great or for some other stupid reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
Religion influences a person's decisions though. For example, if a person is a Christian, they are More Likely (I capitalized the first letters of those words to emphasize that I am not meaning to stereotype anyone.) to be opposed to abortion which I am opposed to as well. Basically, they are more likely to share the same views as me.
Poor example but I agree, religion does influence a person's decisions. However, the devotion the person has for their religion will also influence decisions, as will other non-religious factors. If you honestly believe that religion is the only factor for influencing decisions, then you clearly have no clue how the world works.



I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 09:38 AM

I adore Mr. Beck, his television program is riveting, not to neglect to mention that his radio show is so informative, the only thing that reminds me this country has at least one other sane man still living in it.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough
*********
 
Union Of V's Avatar
 
Name: Basil!!!
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Cork, Ireland

Posts: 2,017
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Please tell me that's a multi-layered sarcastic statement and not serious.
It's a subconscious attack on certain die-hard capitalists I guess. I seem to often come across people who believe that the true spirit of capitalism is to allow people to make money by whatever means they have available to them, regardless of whether it does good or harm to those around them - the "there's a sucker born every minute" attitude. Glenn Beck seems to share this opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile
I adore Mr. Beck, his television program is riveting, not to neglect to mention that his radio show is so informative, the only thing that reminds me this country has at least one other sane man still living in it.
I'm hardly going to ask you to back up every claim he's made, so here's one - justify his claim that the White House is full of Maoists. Don't rush!
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamasliketoparty View Post
Dear Kitty, Being Christian doesn't mean you can't be open to other people's ideas and tolerant of their faiths.
I think you are confusing tolerant with agreeing.
I am tolerant of other people's faiths that are different than my own.
But I do not agree with other people's faiths that are different than my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamasliketoparty View Post
That is pretty flagrantly rude (my opinion) I would want a morally responsible person in office, yes. But if a person not of my faith were to fit that, I think they should be in office. I've heard lots of stories of "Godly Men" who were horrible people. People I'd never put in control of walking my dog, let alone our country. Just thought I should put out there, once again that just because someone goes to a certain church doesn't mean they will do the right thing.
Some people think that Obama is a morally responsible person. I disagree with that.
Not everyone who says they are a Christian are and not everyone who says they are a Christian acts like that. Just because someone goes to a certain church does not make them a Christian. Name a Godly man that was horrible.
A person not of my faith will seldom have the same views as me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamasliketoparty View Post
They were saying they'd actually come right out and say that. But if Jesus came out preaching his message of love and peace and hope, most conservitive christians would be mad. Because that goes against all the things they have been preaching lately.
True Christians would not oppose Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Your religion doesn't solely dictate that answer. Being open to what others may believe is something that is independent from one's own religion. What is it that is so painfully difficult for you to just be open and even give a "maybe" answer?
Relationship with Christ, not religion.
Open? I can't imagine myself in a million years being open to things like abortion.
I can't give a maybe answer to something I am opposed to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
That's got to be the most ignorant and arrogant thing you've ever said and there's a lot to choose from in saying that. Being a Christian politician doesn't mean the person will be a good politician but I'm wondering if you even care if they're a good politician or not. Even if they're a Christian politician, they may be of a different denomination or same but still disagree with you. It seems you don't care how good they are, as long as they're a Christian, they're bound to be good. That's complete bullshit. This is why I say a person's religion does not matter because even if they're a born-again Christian, you may want them out of office as you don't agree with anything they say/do.
You are correct when you say that being a Christian politician does not mean the person will do a good job.
But think about it this way.
Would I be more likely to agree with the views of a Christian politician or an atheist/agnostic politician? It is not a matter of stroking my ego. It is a matter of I would love to see someone in office that I agree with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Poor example but I agree, religion does influence a person's decisions. However, the devotion the person has for their religion will also influence decisions, as will other non-religious factors. If you honestly believe that religion is the only factor for influencing decisions, then you clearly have no clue how the world works.
Religion is not the only factor. I never said it was. But it is an important factor.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

Relationship with Christ, not religion.
Open? I can't imagine myself in a million years being open to things like abortion.
I can't give a maybe answer to something I am opposed to.
I'm not asking about specific acts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
You are correct when you say that being a Christian politician does not mean the person will do a good job.
But think about it this way.
Would I be more likely to agree with the views of a Christian politician or an atheist/agnostic politician? It is not a matter of stroking my ego. It is a matter of I would love to see someone in office that I agree with.
You can agree with whatever the politician says and if them being a Christian helps you, then fine. However, it's important if what they're suggesting is something good, even if you agree with it. They can propose something awful for society but you may still agree with them yet no way in hell will what they're proposing occur. Then again, they may propose something good. However, religion should be separate from politics. If you're not even going to give non-Christians a chance to be politicians, you may not agree with what they say but it may be much better than what Christian politicians are proposing. By isolating yourself to that, you decrease these chances so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
Religion is not the only factor. I never said it was. But it is an important factor.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 30th 2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
I'm not asking about specific acts.
Then what are you asking about?


Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
You can agree with whatever the politician says and if them being a Christian helps you, then fine. However, it's important if what they're suggesting is something good, even if you agree with it. They can propose something awful for society but you may still agree with them yet no way in hell will what they're proposing occur. Then again, they may propose something good. However, religion should be separate from politics. If you're not even going to give non-Christians a chance to be politicians, you may not agree with what they say but it may be much better than what Christian politicians are proposing. By isolating yourself to that, you decrease these chances so much.
If a Christian politician was to propose something that I was against, I would not at all stand up for them.
Also, your idea of a better job is probably much different than my idea of a better job.
In my opinion, I would want evolution taken out of schools.
You would call that a harmful idea.
I think it's a great idea.
So difference of opinion there on whether or not a single idea is in fact harmful or not.

Also, I would not agree with someone simply because there are a Christian.
I don't agree with all Christians on things.
There are debates between Christians on things.

My main point is, a politician who is a Christian is MORE LIKELY to have the same beliefs as me.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 08:02 AM

I understand that you would be more likely to agree. Would you never want a non-Christian in power just to see how things may be like if say, a Satanic polytheist was in power? You may not agree with them but why not give yourself a different experience? You're probably more likely to agree with a theist in general than an atheist or agnostic. So why not see how someone different is like even though you disagree with them? Most likely they'll get booted out and you can have a Christian politician back in again.

But why do you want someone whom you'll agree with the most if the majority doesn't? If the majority find the person to be harmful yet you still agree with the person, shouldn't a politician be effective if they can make the majority agree with what they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty.
Then what are you asking about?
I'm asking just in general as explained above.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
I understand that you would be more likely to agree. Would you never want a non-Christian in power just to see how things may be like if say, a Satanic polytheist was in power? You may not agree with them but why not give yourself a different experience? You're probably more likely to agree with a theist in general than an atheist or agnostic. So why not see how someone different is like even though you disagree with them? Most likely they'll get booted out and you can have a Christian politician back in again.

But why do you want someone whom you'll agree with the most if the majority doesn't? If the majority find the person to be harmful yet you still agree with the person, shouldn't a politician be effective if they can make the majority agree with what they do?



I'm asking just in general as explained above.
I doubt I would have much in common with a Satanic Polytheist. Honestly, that is not something I would like to experience.

Politics is not a light matter at all. It's serious and decisions that others make are serious. Obama is obviously not a very Godly man and i don't agree with him. You can count Obama as a 'different experience.' I don't agree with Obama and I wish that McCain would be in office.

I stand up for what I believe is right. A politician can wind up be effective in a negative way if the 'majority' agrees with him. The majority agreed with abortion and look what happened. 50,000,000 babies have been killed. I honestly don't think that is very productive or positive.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
mIssIng:nO's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Other

Posts: 589
Join Date: November 15th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
Oh for the love of Darwin. Beck is full of himself.

So is someone who says "Oh for the love of Darwin"


your "Im so edgy" tag is showing.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough
*********
 
Union Of V's Avatar
 
Name: Basil!!!
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Cork, Ireland

Posts: 2,017
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

I doubt I would have much in common with a Satanic Polytheist. Honestly, that is not something I would like to experience.

Politics is not a light matter at all. It's serious and decisions that others make are serious. Obama is obviously not a very Godly man and i don't agree with him. You can count Obama as a 'different experience.' I don't agree with Obama and I wish that McCain would be in office.
I don't think politics is a light matter either, and why religious beliefs (which after all mostly concern themselves with past events and otherworldly proceedings) should have anything to do with the day-to-day running of a country is beyond me. Rephrasing what WOW's been saying for quite some time, in what way is a Christian politician who stands for something that is wrong any better than a Satanic politician who stands for something that is right?

While we're at it, back up your "Obama is obviously not a very Godly man". You seem to be begging the question here.
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

I doubt I would have much in common with a Satanic Polytheist. Honestly, that is not something I would like to experience.
You can only know if you would if you either meet one or if you've studied Satanism, particularly polytheistic Satanism. But the same thing stands, how is a Christian politician likely to be any better? Suppose you do have something in common with the Satanic polytheist on something. Are they likely to be any better than the Christian politician? Do you not like Obama because he isn't a godly man? I don't want to side-trail this thread so only a brief answer is needed.



I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
WordNerd
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
llamasliketoparty's Avatar
 
Name: Lindsay
Age: 27
Gender: Other
Location: Monroeville, where the sun sets early

Posts: 265
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 07:04 PM

[quote=Kitty.;469564]

Politics is not a light matter at all. It's serious and decisions that others make are serious. Obama is obviously not a very Godly man and i don't agree with him. You can count Obama as a 'different experience.' I don't agree with Obama and I wish that McCain would be in office.

quote]

I feel like it should be said that OBAMA IS A CHRISTIAN. People seem to forget that. He isn't muslim. He's a Christian


"If you are going to tell the truth, be funny, or they'll kill you."
-Billy Wilder





My tumblr is mydalekromance.tumblr.com please visit me there.

feel free to contact me anytime.
Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to llamasliketoparty  
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - August 31st 2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
I don't think politics is a light matter either, and why religious beliefs (which after all mostly concern themselves with past events and otherworldly proceedings) should have anything to do with the day-to-day running of a country is beyond me. Rephrasing what WOW's been saying for quite some time, in what way is a Christian politician who stands for something that is wrong any better than a Satanic politician who stands for something that is right?

While we're at it, back up your "Obama is obviously not a very Godly man". You seem to be begging the question here.
My standard of right and your standard of right differ so when you think the Christian politician is wrong, I may think he is right. There are blatant wrongs and rights in society of course, but then there differences of opinion.

Obama believes that there is more than one way to Heaven. (If he would read the Bible, then he would see differently.)
He supports abortion.
Before you jump to any conclusions, I realize that there are Christians who support abortion, but Obama also has no Christian testimony. There is no evidence that he is a born-again Christian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
You can only know if you would if you either meet one or if you've studied Satanism, particularly polytheistic Satanism. But the same thing stands, how is a Christian politician likely to be any better? Suppose you do have something in common with the Satanic polytheist on something. Are they likely to be any better than the Christian politician? Do you not like Obama because he isn't a godly man? I don't want to side-trail this thread so only a brief answer is needed.
God can work through the Christian politician. Not unless I have more in common with the Satanist than the Christian.
No that is not why I dislike Obama.


Quote:
Originally Posted by llamasliketoparty View Post
I feel like it should be said that OBAMA IS A CHRISTIAN. People seem to forget that. He isn't muslim. He's a Christian
Show me evidence of Obama being a Christian, as in a testimony.
Also remember. Just because someone says they are a Christian DOES NOT make them a Christian.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - September 1st 2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post



Show me evidence of Obama being a Christian, as in a testimony.
Also remember. Just because someone says they are a Christian DOES NOT make them a Christian.
And just because a large demographic of people say he's a Muslim, doens't mean he is one.

Last time I checked the public didn't get to decide what religion people are by popular vote.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - September 1st 2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
And just because a large demographic of people say he's a Muslim, doens't mean he is one.

Last time I checked the public didn't get to decide what religion people are by popular vote.
I never said Obama was a Muslim.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - September 1st 2010, 05:17 AM

So, before I say anything, let me just say this little piece: Play nice. And if that's too simple, before the bashing gets started and people's feelings get hurt, let's try not to attack each other, debate the issue, not the person. You lot should know the drill by now.

Anyway, I am not going to quote everyone, or anyone actually I'm way too tired, however, there is a reason we have separation of Church and State. Religion and government don't mix well together. Also, if this nation turns back to your God, Kitty, what about the rest of the nation? What about the Muslims, Pagans, Hindus, etc? This is a nation for all, no matter what religious beliefs, and we should be governed by someone who isn't trying to Christianize this country, but who is trying to make it better as a diverse place, a place where religion and belief shouldn't matter.

I'm going to assume that that article is probably the same thing going around FB, and if not I'll link the video when I'm awake. But, it really just...bothers me. These people are so ignorant, it's like they refuse to accept the truth of the world. I lost my faith in humanity, I really did. It is disturbing, and no nation needs this smet right now.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - September 1st 2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post

God can work through the Christian politician. Not unless I have more in common with the Satanist than the Christian.
I find it rather amusing that you insist you probably have not much in common with the Satanist yet you don't know anything about that sect of Satanism. It's like you're instantly repelled from it, probably because of the word Satanism. But these are people in the US who have just as much right to want someone in power due to religion. If everyone wants someone different in power all because of religion, then that seems to be a good reason for why religion has no place in politics. While you're saying you want to have politics become Christian-like, what about others, such as the Satanic polytheist? It's a country for everyone of all beliefs.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Glenn Beck 'Restoring Honor' Rally Draws Tens of Thousands to National Mall - September 1st 2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Of V View Post
It's a subconscious attack on certain die-hard capitalists I guess. I seem to often come across people who believe that the true spirit of capitalism is to allow people to make money by whatever means they have available to them, regardless of whether it does good or harm to those around them - the "there's a sucker born every minute" attitude. Glenn Beck seems to share this opinion.

I'm hardly going to ask you to back up every claim he's made, so here's one - justify his claim that the White House is full of Maoists. Don't rush!
Could you get the source on that?


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
beck, draws, glenn, honor, mall, national, rally, restoring, tens, thousands

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.