TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 12:09 AM

It always seems to be expected that guys put the toilet seat down when finished, but why don't women put the toilet seat up instead?

What do you think?

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 12:38 AM

I completely agree. Granted, as a girl, it's a bit annoying when sharing a house with guys and having to put the toilet seat down all the time, but from a guy's point of view it must be irritating having to put it back up again after girls.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 12:47 AM

... i leave it as is i know how to aim....

but that is a interesting thought and i like it... maybe a halfway thing after a guys done he puts it down and after the girls done she puts it up ?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 12:54 AM

I don't think guys should be expected to put the toilet seat down, for a couple reasons:

1. During WWII, women started doing the jobs that men did. They fought politically to gain equality. If we want equality in the world, I'm not going to do something just because you're a woman. If I have to bend over to put the seat up so I can take a piss, you should bend over to put the seat down. Besides, it's not a strenuous job and only takes a couple seconds.

2. When I go to the men's restroom, I don't have to put the seat down because, obviously, there's no women. I'm used to keeping the seat up, and have no interest in changing something that is insignificant. Once I take a piss, I don't care about the person who goes next. And quite frankly, neither does any other guy (especially the ones who take dumps and don't flush...THAT is something that men and women should worry about). Toilet bowl lids are the least of our concerns. Lol

If a woman gets upset over something that small and insignificant, then she probably isn't worth dating.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 01:20 AM

Honestly, I don't mind when they leave the seat up. I can easily bend over to put it down again. If it's equality we're trying to achieve here, then I think men should leave the toilet seat up after they finish, so women will have to put it down, and women should leave it down after they finish, so men will have to put it up. That sounds fair enough to me. Or, like Dustin suggested, you could meet each other halfway.

The position of the toilet seat isn't much of a concern for me. It's just when men urinate all over it and the floor and don't clean it up that's irritating. Sorry, men! I know not all of you do that.

Last edited by DeletedAccount31; September 8th 2010 at 01:30 AM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:10 AM

It's a common courtesy, but I don't think it should be -expected- and I don't think the men in my house should get yelled at if they don't do it. However, most people these days DO need to learn about common courtesy, and it would be a good start to learn to put the seat down.
One would think that men would know how to aim. If they happen to splatter, they'd need to clean it up anyway, whether the seat is up or down, right? Also, not all men stand to urinate (so I'm told xD ) , and we -all- sit down with our butts on the toilet seat to move bowels, which means there's only a 25% chance that the seat would even "need" to be up (which, again, if you can aim, it doesn't "need" to). The odds are more favorable toward women. :P

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:17 AM

It's called consideration, I always thought the polite thing to do was to but the sit down. When you go to someone else house you don't leave the sit up why do it in your house? Thank God I don't have to share my bathroom with any males.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:22 AM

Here's the thing, if it's up, and the woman doesnt realise it, she falls into toilet... so much grosser than not noticing the toilet seat down, and having to wipe it...

Have you ever fell into a toilet? Think of the gross feelings, and think of the germs!

Quote:

If a woman gets upset over something that small and insignificant, then she probably isn't worth dating.
No offence, but do you live a sheltered life? There are lots of times a man will be sharing a toilet that is unrelated to a dating relaionship. Most boys if they live at their parents' ome will have a mother, and then there are sisters, there are female friends, there are female housemates (I know plenty of people who share homes with mixed sex housemates at uni for example), and so on. So it's not an issue of 'not worth dating' and many of the situations you can't really avoid.

But again, have you ever fell into a toilet? Until you do, don't call it 'small and insignificant'. Think its impossible not to notice? Ever been to the toilet to clear your bowels and only after you finish and go for the toilet paper you notice its gone? Yeah (if you haven't, then really, well done)... most people don't always notice, particularly if you are use to it being a given.

Sure a man shouldnt be castrated for forgetting, but over all, worse consequences are possible to occur to the toilet goer if the seat is down. And don't try claim 'women want equality' as a good reason to say men shouldn't do it.

Last edited by Marvin; September 8th 2010 at 02:30 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:35 AM

Depends on the make to female ratio honestly.

More guys than girls?
Stayin up.

More girls than guys?
Goin down.

Even? Seat comes off. WILD CARD.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
Here's the thing, if it's up, and the woman doesnt realise it, she falls into toilet... so much grosser than not noticing the toilet seat down, and having to wipe it...
This is true, although I personally have never experienced this. I tend to look before I sit anyway, just in case the last person to use the toilet left traces on the seat, so if my dad leaves it up, I notice. For this reason, I've never seen it as too much of a big deal. But if you're the type of person to "just sit," I can understand how that would be aggravating. I suppose men are not at risk of falling in if the toilet seat is down. So, I can see how it would be courteous for a man to put the seat back after he finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
Alright, I must say, that cracked me up.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:

Have you ever fell into a toilet? Think of the gross feelings, and think of the germs!
Normally I'd put the toilet seat down, but from now on I'm going to leave it up purely for the lulz. Thanks, Invert.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 03:28 AM

Personally, I always put the cover down afterwards. If everyone did that, then both guys and girls would have to lift it up and put it back down and we wouldn't be having this debate.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Normally I'd put the toilet seat down, but from now on I'm going to leave it up purely for the lulz. Thanks, Invert.

someone may kill you for that

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
someone may kill you for that
Then I will die as I have lived. Hilariously.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Crazy Filmmaker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
love that one, it sounds like a good idea,

but if we as guys should have to put down the seat women should up the seat up when they are done.
its only considerate if you put the seat up when you ladies are done

Young man control in your hand
Slam your fist on the table
And make your demand
Take a stand
Fan a fire for the flame of the youth
Got the freedom to choose
You better make the right move

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Crazy Filmmaker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
Personally, I always put the cover down afterwards. If everyone did that, then both guys and girls would have to lift it up and put it back down and we wouldn't be having this debate.
thats a real good idea

Young man control in your hand
Slam your fist on the table
And make your demand
Take a stand
Fan a fire for the flame of the youth
Got the freedom to choose
You better make the right move

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 09:11 AM

I pee sitting down

Although I can pee standing up, I think it is very un-hygenic. Do you know how many germs splash out of the toilet as the g-forces of the urine hits the water?

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 09:48 AM

Is this debate really necessary? I mean seriously, you're not going to waste any time putting the seat down - in fact it takes less energy to put the seat down than it does to put it up! (ever thought of that?) So long as the guys have the courtesy to put it up before urinating all's good!

Now a more important matter - ladies, PLEASE comb your hair over the toilet. I've bleached the plughole of my sink 5 times in the past two days and the damn hairs still wont flush down! It's gross!!
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 11:36 AM

The thing is guys also use it with the toilet seat down? It's just common courtesy, similar to how I de-hair the plug hole after showering.

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
ralphedison Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ralph Edison

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 12:06 PM

I don't have any problems even if the toilet seat is up or down, If I'm bored I can just pee even with the toilet seat down

"He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination."
Jose Rizal
  Send a message via Yahoo to ralphedison  
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 12:20 PM

It really doesn't bother me if it's up or down It doesn't take that long to move it. I suppose if you are a guy and live in a house with 5 girls it would be courtesy. The same goes if I lived with 5 guys.

I never really took much time to think of it.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
I actually do this too, ever since I saw on TV how many germs splash out of a toilet when you flush However my brother complained, so I have to put it down during flushing, and lift it up (he sits to pee, so he wouldnt want the whole seat lifted), and it's really not that hard, which is why I dont get the 'debate'.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 01:36 PM

If you live in a house with mostly/all girls then you leave it down. If you don't, then leave it however you like, since you can't predict who will use the toilet next. If the house is all mostly/all guys then leave it up.

Common sense.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 02:36 PM

It doesn't bother me that much if I've got to put it down. But I think it looks nicer if the seat or even the lid is down. So if a guy were to lift it up to use the loo, I think it would be nice of him to put it back down. It's not that difficult! Especially if they've pissed all over the loo, it's nice of them to put the seat back down so the next loo user doesn't have to be faced with that! Consideration boys!

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 8th 2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
No offence, but do you live a sheltered life?
Nope. Do you?

Quote:
There are lots of times a man will be sharing a toilet that is unrelated to a dating relaionship. Most boys if they live at their parents' ome will have a mother, and then there are sisters, there are female friends, there are female housemates (I know plenty of people who share homes with mixed sex housemates at uni for example), and so on. So it's not an issue of 'not worth dating' and many of the situations you can't really avoid.
I think you're...missing my point? And I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. I have a sister, and I've lived with my mom until I was 13 years old so I'm aware of what it's like to "share" a toilet with another woman. But NEVER am I asked to put the toilet seat down when I'm finished by any of my family members because they think it's a small and insignificant issue. And the truth is that it IS a very small and insignificant issue. Putting the toilet seat down requires little effort. In fact, it requires more effort to put the toilet seat UP than down. But I'm not complaining even though there have been situations where I've had to take a piss really bad and got ready only to realize the toilet seat was down. Still, no big deal. I don't see how it would be. If a woman complains about something that small, then who knows how she'd react to something that is even more annoying! If you didn't have arms and legs, then I'd understand. But most women do have arms and legs and therefore...there's really no excuse as to why I should do something (especially when I wouldn't know who's going to use my bathroom next) just because of your gender. I hold the door for any gender at any age. There's other ways to use "common courtesy" and I just don't see the importance of closing lids. From my experience, I just appreciate going to a bathroom that isn't filled with feces. If I have to bend over, which I know is SO HARD for some people for some reason, to pick up a lid, then that is fine with me. But if it's not okay to leave a lid like it is after I'm done, that's not my problem.

Quote:
But again, have you ever fell into a toilet? Until you do, don't call it 'small and insignificant'. Think its impossible not to notice? Ever been to the toilet to clear your bowels and only after you finish and go for the toilet paper you notice its gone? Yeah (if you haven't, then really, well done)... most people don't always notice, particularly if you are use to it being a given.
And who's fault is that? I always check the toilet because I'm not going to clear my bowels when there was already crap in the toilet. I'm going to spare the details by just saying that it's disgusting to take a dump on someone else's dump. If you don't look to see what's in your toilet, God help you. But I can't make decisions for you. You can control your bowels. Just because you gotta take a dump doesn't mean you have only a limited amount of time before your body explodes. It only takes a second to open your eyes and notice that the toilet bowl lid is up. So what you're saying is a very weak argument.

Quote:
Sure a man shouldnt be castrated for forgetting, but over all, worse consequences are possible to occur to the toilet goer if the seat is down. And don't try claim 'women want equality' as a good reason to say men shouldn't do it.
At the same time I shouldn't do something just because you're a woman. It's a choice. If I put the seat down, then kudos to me. If I don't, no harm no fowl. But you can't expect, at this day in age, to have things handed over to you just because you're a woman. I'm already being nice by maintaining the cleanliness of my toilet, I throw away your used tampons and tampon wrappers, I check to make sure that you have toilet paper, if the toilet doesn't flush correctly then I fix the toilet for you. I don't mess with your make-up, but the only thing that I don't do is close the lid. What a shame. I'm such an asshole.

Last edited by Brandon; September 8th 2010 at 08:22 PM.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 04:19 AM

Why the fuck do men piss with the toilet seat up anyway? Just sit the fuck down and take a piss...

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrex View Post
I pee sitting down

Although I can pee standing up, I think it is very un-hygenic. Do you know how many germs splash out of the toilet as the g-forces of the urine hits the water?
Cheers!

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 02:14 PM

If it's a family with kids, sometimes the kids will fall in. As for women, we're old enough to know that we might fall in if the seat is up. It's really not a big deal.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#29 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 06:39 PM

....how can you fall in the loo just because you're a woman? Either you're extremely unobservant, or smashed, or really tired. :|

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
....how can you fall in the loo just because you're a woman? Either you're extremely unobservant, or smashed, or really tired. :|
The only time I have had an experience of this is in the middle of the night when I get up to pee and I am pretty much sleep walking.
I have never actually fell in and got wet from the loo water but I have sort of fell and landed on the edge and bruised my bum from it, that hurt for ages afterwards and I did have a go at my brother about it.

Other than that it doesn't bother me because I look before I sit.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 10:15 PM

I think people should leave it down but only because of germs. When you flush, all of that nasty bacteria gets all over everything in the bathroom, including your toothbrush. Eew.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 9th 2010, 11:03 PM

Guys, It would be great if you would... But please don't PISS all over it.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 10th 2010, 12:13 PM

Sometimes I pee while doing the headstand, or I walk backwards and see how far I can angle it

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 11th 2010, 08:52 AM

It's such an insignificant matter, I don't think either sex should be expected to put it up or down. As long as they don't take the seat off or don't break it, then it doesn't matter. If it's up, use a shoe or piece of toilet paper to put it back down and presto. If a guy needs to go and it's down, same thing, use a shoe or grab some toilet paper and lift the light-weighing seat up or just keep it down. Might as well say guys should be expected to neatly fold small bundles of toilet paper for women to use when they come to the bathroom.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#35 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 11th 2010, 08:50 PM

from a very girlish point of view!!
hell yes! they should put the bloody seat down!! its yuck and germy and eww, and isnt there something about girls having smaller bladders then guys therefore need to pee more often, hence why we shouldnt have to out it down/ put it back up...

and also eww if you have guests over they dont want to be seeing the toilet seat up 'specialy if its dirty i mean EWWWW

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#36 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 11th 2010, 09:07 PM

Honestly if you fall into the toilet because a guy left the seat up...... then you deserved to fall in.
It's nice to have it down cause it looks cleaner.. but who cares. put it down if its up then pee.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#37 (permalink)) Old
darkangeljbm Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jaclyn

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 11th 2010, 09:52 PM

If guys have to put the lid up to pee they should put it down. Even guys have to set down to do ...while you know lol. Also it is nasty to reach to pull the toilet set down and get dry pee on your hand i group up with two brothers and now i have a boy friend i live with and I hate putting the lid down becaues every time i do i get something gross on my hand. Also you are really suppose to put the solid lid down when you flush the toilet anyhow. It helps keep gems under the lid instead of all over the room it can also cut down on the smell.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 11th 2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_fish_bunny View Post
from a very girlish point of view!!
hell yes! they should put the bloody seat down!! its yuck and germy and eww, and isnt there something about girls having smaller bladders then guys therefore need to pee more often, hence why we shouldnt have to out it down/ put it back up...
So if there's a family with young boys and older sisters, the girls should put the seat down because the boys would need to go more often? If the seat is up, even if you have to go really badly, what is hard about just putting it down yourself? If it's so gross to touch, there is a roll of toilet papers right next to the toilet and probably have extras stored in the shelf somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangeljbm View Post
If guys have to put the lid up to pee they should put it down. Even guys have to set down to do ...while you know lol. Also it is nasty to reach to pull the toilet set down and get dry pee on your hand i group up with two brothers and now i have a boy friend i live with and I hate putting the lid down becaues every time i do i get something gross on my hand.
I'm afraid I don't understand this entirely. If you constantly get something gross on your hand, why not use the toilet paper to grab the lid? After all, you may end up using the toilet paper anyways but if you don't, it's always placed next to the toilet so it's never a strain to grab a piece and use it. Or if you're wearing slippers, sandels, etc..., use your foot to put it down because if you constantly get something gross on your hand, I'd imagine you would notice the toilet paper next to the toilet.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#39 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 12th 2010, 12:31 AM

I really dont think they should be expected to do that in their own household...I mean, if the woman complains that she has to put a TOILET SEAT down, then she is either really lazy or a hygiene freak or has some other reason as to why it makes it so damn hard. I dont think it is normal to be honest and if a guy leaves the seat up, then oh my god a woman has to put it back down again. Its not very hard.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Re: Should guys be expected to put the toilet seat down? - September 12th 2010, 01:24 AM

its not hard agreed just un higentic, and ikky, and not the prettyest of sights xD

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Closed Thread