TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 29th 2010, 04:35 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oc...lawful-killing

So I saw this on the news and was horrified. And I never know what to think about stories like this, because the mum was mentally ill, but I don't know. It's so sad.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Angry Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 29th 2010, 04:51 PM

That is terrible Omg that makes me sick to stomach
Wow the mother should be in jail an be there for life her daughter deserves a good loving mother
: the mother needs to get her act together that abuser she has
No right abusing her daughter like that who the fuck does she think she is the mother !

I feel saddened for the daughter , her daughter deserves a much better mother
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 29th 2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music In My Heart 120 View Post
That is terrible Omg that makes me sick to stomach
Wow the mother should be in jail an be there for life her daughter deserves a good loving mother
: the mother needs to get her act together that abuser she has
No right abusing her daughter like that who the fuck does she think she is the mother !

I feel saddened for the daughter , her daughter deserves a much better mother
I'm assuming you wrote both in the big bold blue and normal text. In that case, read the article, especially the part where it says she was schizophrenic, made frantic calls (suggesting she was in a paranoid delusion), was unfit to stand trial and was admitted to a secure psychiatric hospital. "Getting her act together" is something not as easy as it may sound to you when the mother has no control over her mental state. "going to jail" is just nonsense, if she were fit to stand trial, she would go to prison, not to jail (unless you want to be incredibly lenient). Her daughter deserves a funeral and sympathy from family, it's too late for a loving mother because she was stabbed and partially decomposed in an acid bath. You didn't really read and think about the article.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 29th 2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
I'm assuming you wrote both in the big bold blue and normal text. In that case, read the article, especially the part where it says she was schizophrenic, made frantic calls (suggesting she was in a paranoid delusion), was unfit to stand trial and was admitted to a secure psychiatric hospital. "Getting her act together" is something not as easy as it may sound to you when the mother has no control over her mental state. "going to jail" is just nonsense, if she were fit to stand trial, she would go to prison, not to jail (unless you want to be incredibly lenient). Her daughter deserves a funeral and sympathy from family, it's too late for a loving mother because she was stabbed and partially decomposed in an acid bath. You didn't really read and think about the article.
Yes i got triggered with the title of this thread N went by title first before I actually read it an yes her daughter deserves all that and I know it was to late now an yea but some people have filters or can control some of it not all
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 29th 2010, 08:06 PM

I don't care how mentally ill someone is, killing a THREE YEAR OLD by stabbing them multiple times, and then covering them in ACID is just downright disgraceful.

The first sentence was enough.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 29th 2010, 08:42 PM

It's tragic to everyone. Two lives were lost and neither one understood why.

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 12:41 AM

This is so sad. The mother is mentally ill, and sadly action could have been taken much sooner, but it wasn't. Now two lives are gone. It's sad.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylalatbh. View Post
I don't care how mentally ill someone is, killing a THREE YEAR OLD by stabbing them multiple times, and then covering them in ACID is just downright disgraceful.

The first sentence was enough.
This.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 02:09 AM

I don't know who I feel worse for - the daughter or the mother. The poor little girl.. but I feel so bad for the mother for having to live with the knowledge of what she's done because of her disorder.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
This is so sad. The mother is mentally ill, and sadly action could have been taken much sooner, but it wasn't. Now two lives are gone. It's sad.
I agree. This is so incredibly sad.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 06:51 AM

Man this is so so so sad, but I am more angry at the fact that mother didn't have help much earlier. Why weren't others aware of her illness, or aware it was that bad? Maybe if someone knew about this, she wouldn't be left alone with her baby and this could have been prevented.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 06:59 AM

This should not of happened.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 09:47 AM

If only the poor woman's family had thought to get her help, all this could have been prevented. At least they aren't going and blaming this on the social workers.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
This.

It could've been prevented. They'd noticed the lady was acting strangely.. I'm not blaming anybody. Just saying that it could have been prevented.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#15 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 11:05 AM

I don't know how anyone can be blaming the mother for this? She is extremely mentally ill; while this is very tragic, it's not exactly her fault. That's why insanity is a legal defence.

What I don't understand is how her mother (the grandmother) or other family members didn't do anything before this point. She had caught her daughter with knives more than once before and didn't think that maybe getting help would be a good idea? If anyone is to blame, this woman's family should be. You can't not notice that someone is that mentally unwell.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 30th 2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
I don't know how anyone can be blaming the mother for this? She is extremely mentally ill; while this is very tragic, it's not exactly her fault. That's why insanity is a legal defence.

What I don't understand is how her mother (the grandmother) or other family members didn't do anything before this point. She had caught her daughter with knives more than once before and didn't think that maybe getting help would be a good idea? If anyone is to blame, this woman's family should be. You can't not notice that someone is that mentally unwell.
I agree. If this woman was so mentally unfit, I don't believe she should have have custody of that child. I don't blame her for being ill, but certainly, action should have been taken long ago. There were numerous red flags.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 31st 2010, 12:37 AM

This is part of the reason why i HATE people who do not believe in mental illness. It is dangereous to assume someone can just "get over" and "straighten up they act" with something like schizophrenia. It's a hardware issue, you can't think and wish and pray your way out of it. If people need help, we need to GET THEM HELP!!

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - October 31st 2010, 11:54 PM

Just pointing this out... if it was a man, everyone would have automatically judged him to just be a horrible person who should be sentenced to death.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - November 1st 2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Just pointing this out... if it was a man, everyone would have automatically judged him to just be a horrible person who should be sentenced to death.
Um, what? Exactly what makes you think that? This has absolutely nothing to do with gender. I think the main factor here is that she is mentally unstable, not that she is a woman.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - November 1st 2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I actually disagree. This matter has nothing to do with gender. If it were a man, I would be wondering the exact same thing: Why didn't anyone get him help or remove the child from his care? A mental illness is a mental illness, regardless of a person's sex.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Re: Mother who doused daughter in acid sent to secure unit - November 1st 2010, 09:05 PM

so if the mothers this mentally ill why'd she have custody of the child in the first place? she ovbiously can't handle being a mother.

Closed Thread