TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 05:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Note: I marked this as triggering just to be cautious.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1020/graph...search-experts

What are everyone's opinions on this?

Do you think it will help? Why or why not?
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 05:28 AM

as someone who recently quit i dont really see how itll stop people i remember my grandma and sister trying to scare me my grandma told me all kind of stories about people she knew who smoked who died of cancer and my sister tried to do the shock thing where she showed me what it does to your organs with pics..... didnt really bother me i used it as an excape and something to relax doing

(#3 (permalink)) Old
girl_pants Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lucy

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 06:28 AM

They tried to do this in the UK. and instead of working. the sale of cigarette packets when up as people didn't care and started to rebell against what the government was trying to do

(#4 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 06:37 AM

I really don't think it will help whatsoever. Smoking is an addiction and I dont think that some pictures will stop people doing it. Sure, it may stop people starting, but once people start, it is very very very hard to stop. There are images and stats all over the place about speeding and drink driving but it doesn't stop people. It must be the whole "Oh it'll never happen to me"
There are phrases over all ciggy packets that say stuff like "Smoking kills" "Smoking harms your baby" etc, but it doesn't seem to stop people.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 08:57 AM

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/L...ls/default.htm Is the page that has some of the images as will appear on the boxes because the OP's link didn't have them. Viewing them, many are actually not graphic and don't have any shock value, which is what the OP's article is saying they do. The ones that could possibly be very graphic are depicted as less graphic cartoons and have implied meanings that are already known or said by many, even on the text on the boxes. I suppose only the one of the man with the hole in his neck to breath out of and the one that compares a healthy lung with a tobacco-smoke damaged lung would be graphic. For the rest, they might as well just put on textual information. I don't think this will work one bit because the images, most of them, are not graphic in any way. That, or people are just going to ignore them and if they ignore the pictures, chances are they'll ignore the textual information. Things like "cigarettes cause strokes and heart disease" is what people hear all the time about smoking, it's nothing new so people aren't going to look at it. That, or they don't think it'll happen to them or they don't care if it does.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 09:22 AM

I don't think it's gonna do jack shit. I'm friends with a couple smokers and they said that they know the consequences of smoking and yet they still don't give a shit. I guess everyone has a way with dealing with stress. If they have the money, why not? I don't think that graphic images are suitable for cigarette smoking. I think that graphic images would be more suitable for speeding and such, but not smoking. So I don't think it's really gonna change anything.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:29 AM

If people want to smoke, they're going to smoke. Everybody knows it's bad for their health, but people don't really care. I don't think anybody would be shocked enough to stop smoking.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 08:14 PM

We have this in Australia already and I don't think it has affected cigarette sales at all. I personally think that if someone wants to smoke, regardless of the risks, there's no point in trying to stop them. The best thing to do is put in place laws banning them from smoking in certain places, so the rest of us don't have to deal with it. There are so many people, especially children of smokers, who are going to be affected by second-hand smoke. And honestly, if the government really cared about stopping people smoking, they would ban cigarettes altogether.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 08:27 PM

We have this in the UK

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/G...3s-i_Fkp-l.jpg [Warning - Graphic]

I still smoked when these were on the packets. I've given up now but I don't thank the graphic warnings on the packets. My friends still smoke also and the pictures don't do anything. It's common knowledge that it's bad for you.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
We have this in Australia already and I don't think it has affected cigarette sales at all. I personally think that if someone wants to smoke, regardless of the risks, there's no point in trying to stop them. The best thing to do is put in place laws banning them from smoking in certain places, so the rest of us don't have to deal with it. There are so many people, especially children of smokers, who are going to be affected by second-hand smoke. And honestly, if the government really cared about stopping people smoking, they would ban cigarettes altogether.
why? i dont like going to stores/movies/restaruants and hearing crying brat kids.. if i have to deal with all that crap why cant they put up with a lil smoke

(#11 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ANTI-Troll View Post
why? i dont like going to stores/movies/restaruants and hearing crying brat kids.. if i have to deal with all that crap why cant they put up with a lil smoke
Because second-hand smoke cause health problems?
Crying kids won't give you cancer.

We have a smoking ban in public places, and it's made going out places so much nicer.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseThisLight View Post

Because second-hand smoke cause health problems?
Crying kids won't give you cancer.

We have a smoking ban in public places, and it's made going out places so much nicer.
well i must be a miracle then both my parents have smoked 2packs a day since my elder sister was a baby and were both cancer free and we were around it 24/7... i even smoked since i was 16 and just recently stopped cold turkey off a pack a day.. do i have cancer nope.... last time i had a chest scan for when i had a severe cough my doc said i had some of the cleanest lungs he seen in awhile... we currently have a smoking ban in ohio since 2yrs ago i believe....didnt stop me from smoking when or where i wanted

(#13 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
well i must be a miracle then both my parents have smoked 2packs a day since my elder sister was a baby and were both cancer free and we were around it 24/7... i even smoked since i was 16 and just recently stopped cold turkey off a pack a day.. do i have cancer nope.... last time i had a chest scan for when i had a severe cough my doc said i had some of the cleanest lungs he seen in awhile... we currently have a smoking ban in ohio since 2yrs ago i believe....still would 2 if i wasnt quitting..
Good for you then.

But other people have gotten cancer from smoking, and from second-hand smoke. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean you can be apathetic about the health of other people.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Anduriel Offline
srsly, wtf.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:45 PM

These pictures won't do anything. What's next, Rosie O'Donnell on your Big Mac box?
  Send a message via AIM to Anduriel Send a message via MSN to Anduriel Send a message via Skype™ to Anduriel 
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseThisLight View Post

Good for you then.

But other people have gotten cancer from smoking, and from second-hand smoke. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean you can be apathetic about the health of other people.
and i bet if you went through those peoples health history thered be a history of cancer.... cigs dont "cause" cancer they increase the chances....

(#16 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
well i must be a miracle then both my parents have smoked 2packs a day since my elder sister was a baby and were both cancer free and we were around it 24/7... i even smoked since i was 16 and just recently stopped cold turkey off a pack a day.. do i have cancer nope.... last time i had a chest scan for when i had a severe cough my doc said i had some of the cleanest lungs he seen in awhile... we currently have a smoking ban in ohio since 2yrs ago i believe....didnt stop me from smoking when or where i wanted
Are you actually denying that cigarettes greatly increase your risk of getting cancer and cause a variety of other health problems? And most people don't get cancer from cigarette smoke at age 20, it usually kicks in much later than that. The fact that you don't have cancer right now doesn't prove that cigarettes are safe.

Crying children don't risk anybody else's health. Second-hand smoke does. Not just cancer, it can aggravate or cause respiratory problems as well. I have asthma and I can't be around people who are smoking because then I can't breathe properly. So yeah, I think it's incredibly inconsiderate of people who smoke around others who don't and I definitely think it should be banned in some public places.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
and i bet if you went through those peoples health history thered be a history of cancer.... cigs dont "cause" cancer they increase the chances....
I knew a woman who never smoked a day in her life, but her parents did and her first husband did, and she died of lung cancer caused by second hand smoke. And no she didn't have any cancer history in her family. Lung cancer CAUSED by second hand smoke is more deadly than lung cancer caused by smoking yourself. If someone wants to risk their own health fine, but that gives them no right to put others at risk.

I don't think the pictures will do any good. If people want to smoke that's their choice, but I think any bans that would protect those who choose not to smoke from second hand smoke should be put into effect.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#18 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
I knew a woman who never smoked a day in her life, but her parents did and her first husband did, and she died of lung cancer caused by second hand smoke. And no she didn't have any cancer history in her family. Lung cancer CAUSED by second hand smoke is more deadly than lung cancer caused by smoking yourself. If someone wants to risk their own health fine, but that gives them no right to put others at risk.

I don't think the pictures will do any good. If people want to smoke that's their choice, but I think any bans that would protect those who choose not to smoke from second hand smoke should be put into effect.
all a ban will do is make people like me intentionally go to place that dont allow smoking and smoke...

(#19 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 13th 2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:

Are you actually denying that cigarettes greatly increase your risk of getting cancer and cause a variety of other health problems? And most people don't get cancer from cigarette smoke at age 20, it usually kicks in much later than that. The fact that you don't have cancer right now doesn't prove that cigarettes are safe.

Crying children don't risk anybody else's health. Second-hand smoke does. Not just cancer, it can aggravate or cause respiratory problems as well. I have asthma and I can't be around people who are smoking because then I can't breathe properly. So yeah, I think it's incredibly inconsiderate of people who smoke around others who don't and I definitely think it should be banned in some public places.
okay ill use my mother and father as examples both of them are near there 50 and both have smoked 35 of those years and neither one has any health problems regarding cigs....

did i say they dont increase the chances of health problems ?

maybe to you they dont....

(#20 (permalink)) Old
lanegwyn Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 01:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, everybody knows the bad health effects of smoking. It's even a little offensive; when I think about people whom I love having to look at that shit every. time. they. get a pack of cigarettes., it makes me angry. Don't remind them of their mortality or scare them like that. On the other hand, if it really bothers them maybe... maybe it will make a difference?

I think it's more likely it will just annoy/bother them, though, and do nothing to make them quit.

But can we have similar signs in front of McDonalds? Maybe there's no way to systematically and fairly determine which fast-food places should be required to give these warnings, but we should be treating all killers equally.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
all a ban will do is make people like me intentionally go to place that dont allow smoking and smoke...
Yes but thats just being arrogant, annoying, inconsiderate and completely immature and irresponsible...and many other words I could fit into there. If you want to screw up your own health, fine, but I think everyone else should be entitled to a place smoke free, and if there is a law that prevents smoking in certain places (like there is here) then that place should be smoke free. Its really annoying when people smoke in the places where they aren't allowed...and what do they really gain from it? Just a bad name and having everyone pissed off at them. Is it really worth it?

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:53 AM

In Canada, our cigarette packs are Similar, and it hasn't really helped.

In fact, my friend Cass wanted to switch her old pack's picture onto her new pack since she liked it (I forget which one it was though).

Quote:
The best thing to do is put in place laws banning them from smoking in certain places, so the rest of us don't have to deal with it.
We have this already in my province. You can't smoke in any public building, or within like, 3 meters (about 10 feet) of a business's door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduriel View Post
These pictures won't do anything. What's next, Rosie O'Donnell on your Big Mac box?
This comment made me LOL!

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#23 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post

Yes but thats just being arrogant, annoying, inconsiderate and completely immature and irresponsible...and many other words I could fit into there. If you want to screw up your own health, fine, but I think everyone else should be entitled to a place smoke free, and if there is a law that prevents smoking in certain places (like there is here) then that place should be smoke free. Its really annoying when people smoke in the places where they aren't allowed...and what do they really gain from it? Just a bad name and having everyone pissed off at them. Is it really worth it?
never said i wasnt any of those things and i enjoy having people pissed at me cause no one has the cojones to say it to my face

what do you call banning something so you dont have to smell it.....
its the same as people who wear to much cologna or perfume or overdo it with hairspray so you smell it all over them and in some cases can give you a pretty bad sneezing attack... i think they should ban people who over do it with hair spray and colognes from going anywhere out in public....

currently alot of people i know goto indiana to eat and drink since they DONT have a no smoking law in restaruants and bars. btw for you not in usa indiana is right next to ohio. all the ban did for ohio is cost alot of restaruants and bars mone and in some cases for them to go out of business. not sure about the rest of you but when i had a drink a smoke went hand and hand with a rum and coke

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 07:14 AM

We have this in some cigarette boxes...

I don't think I have to translate... and I don't think it's doing anything to stop people who want to smoke sure you get teased about how it'll affect your body but that's about it people will still smoke if they want to.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 02:27 PM

Everyone has a right to not be affect by second-hand smoking. If I go to the shopping centre, I do not expect to see dozens of people just lighting up their cigarettes.

@Dustin you may not have problems yet, but neither do most smokers at your age. It kicks in much later, and one day you're going to wish you'd stopped.

We've had pictures like these in Britain for yeaarsss and it doesn't really do anything. If someone wants to smoke, they're going to, these pictures won't do much.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Everyone has a right to not be affect by second-hand smoking. If I go to the shopping centre, I do not expect to see dozens of people just lighting up their cigarettes.

@Dustin you may not have problems yet, but neither do most smokers at your age. It kicks in much later, and one day you're going to wish you'd stopped.

We've had pictures like these in Britain for yeaarsss and it doesn't really do anything. If someone wants to smoke, they're going to, these pictures won't do much.
i have quit but not for health reason...goverment tax on them has mad them unaffordable to me.. id still smoke if it wasnt for that... id rather die young and having lived life like i wanted then die in my 70's and never had done anything i wanted or enjoyed.. btw im not talking about shopping centers im mainly talking about bars,pubs,..

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 05:56 PM

It won't do anything, it doesn't do anything here =/

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:01 PM

Ok, so people like my mother, who's allergic to cigarette smoke shouldn't be allowed to go to a bar or pub just because you'd like to smoke in it?

(#29 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
Ok, so people like my mother, who's allergic to cigarette smoke shouldn't be allowed to go to a bar or pub just because you'd like to smoke in it?
thats her problem.... people have smoked in bars for centurys smoking goes hand in hand with drinking... she can find a pub that has a non smoking section... but banning something just cause a few people dont like it is bullshit specially since no one had a problem with it till this generation of treehugging kids..

(#30 (permalink)) Old
CoffeeAddict Offline
legen..wait for it..DARY
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:20 PM

Yeah they did that in Australia, and as a person who smokes, it doesn't really bother me at all. People still smoke and most just ignore the pictures on the packet. Actually, the only one that bothers me is the one with the gangrene foot, so I always ask for the packet behind that one

Who do you carry that torch for, my young man?
Do you believe in anything?
Or do you carry it around just to burn things down?

Meet me tonight on the turnpike my darling,
where we believe in everything.
If we sweat all these debts then we're sure to drown,
so let's strap ourselves up to this engine now
with our God who we found laying under the back seat.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
thats her problem.... people have smoked in bars for centurys smoking goes hand in hand with drinking... she can find a pub that has a non smoking section... but banning something just cause a few people dont like it is bullshit specially since no one had a problem with it till this generation of treehugging kids..
For centuries, we didn't know the dangers of cigarette smoke. We have recently discovered how bad cigarette smoke really is. We started discovering how bad it was around the 1940s/1960 and since then even more studies have emerged.

I find it funny how people say to go to the non-smoking section of the place. I have been to places that have a non-smoking section and those sections STILL smell like smoke and STILL contain the dangerous smoke.

It's way more than a few people. Also, a lot of people have problems with it.
When I was young, I almost threw up because some lady was smoking. My mom had to ask the lady to stop. We were sitting waiting for some appointment we had.
Smoking also causes me breathing difficulties, tight chest, feeling bad, etc. and there are a lot of people who feel that way as well.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerc...condhand-smoke
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...et/Tobacco/ETS

Those are two links that tells the danger of secondhand smoke.

Dustin, just because you and your parents haven't been affected by smoking, doesn't mean that others won't. Some people CAN smoke and get away with it, but you don't know who is one of those people and who isn't.
For example, my friend's brother has only been smoking for a short while and the doctor has already found a potentially cancerous mass in his lungs.

The bottom line is secondhand smoke is very harmful to non-smokers. There is no denying that.
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post

For centuries, we didn't know the dangers of cigarette smoke. We have recently discovered how bad cigarette smoke really is. We started discovering how bad it was around the 1940s/1960 and since then even more studies have emerged.

I find it funny how people say to go to the non-smoking section of the place. I have been to places that have a non-smoking section and those sections STILL smell like smoke and STILL contain the dangerous smoke.

It's way more than a few people. Also, a lot of people have problems with it.
When I was young, I almost threw up because some lady was smoking. My mom had to ask the lady to stop. We were sitting waiting for some appointment we had.
Smoking also causes me breathing difficulties, tight chest, feeling bad, etc. and there are a lot of people who feel that way as well.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerc...condhand-smoke
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...et/Tobacco/ETS

Those are two links that tells the danger of secondhand smoke.

Dustin, just because you and your parents haven't been affected by smoking, doesn't mean that others won't. Some people CAN smoke and get away with it, but you don't know who is one of those people and who isn't.
For example, my friend's brother has only been smoking for a short while and the doctor has already found a potentially cancerous mass in his lungs.

The bottom line is secondhand smoke is very harmful to non-smokers. There is no denying that.
whatever.... cant wait till people try to ban something you enjoy/enjoyed to do just cause some people are complaining... atleast ill make a shitload of money if i open a private bar for smokers only lol :P

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
whatever.... cant wait till people try to ban something you enjoy/enjoyed to do just cause some people are complaining... atleast ill make a shitload of money if i open a private bar for smokers only lol :P
If I am doing something that is hurting others and it gets banned, then that will be perfectly understandable. I can't think of anything I do that will get banned in the near future though. Oh and by the way, it's being banned because it's killing people, not because people are simply complaining.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post

If I am doing something that is hurting others and it gets banned, then that will be perfectly understandable. I can't think of anything I do that will get banned in the near future though. Oh and by the way, it's being banned because it's killing people, not because people are simply complaining.
naa here its beeing banned cause people are complaing.. they get it put on a ballot then all those wimps go to the office check yes on banning it and walla the bunch of wimps just banned something they dont agree with..

i positivally agree with this guys views of non smokeers zoom ahead to 1.10..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ySCcnoo3c

(#35 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 07:12 PM

I thought everyone over the age of 6 already new this stuff. Besides, we have it on the packages here and it hasn't deterred any of the smokers I know. Once you're addicted that seems to override health concerns.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
naa here its beeing banned cause people are complaing.. they get it put on a ballot then all those wimps go to the office check yes on banning it and walla the bunch of wimps just banned something they dont agree with..

i positivally agree with this guys views of non smokeers zoom ahead to 1.10..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ySCcnoo3c
Its not that they don't agree with it. You're obviously deliberately ignoring the evidence of how bad it is for your health and those who take in your secondary smoke. They're not wimps, they'd just rather not have the disgusting smell and health issues your selfish habits will cause them. If you want to smoke, fine, but don't do it around other people.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Its not that they don't agree with it. You're obviously deliberately ignoring the evidence of how bad it is for your health and those who take in your secondary smoke. They're not wimps, they'd just rather not have the disgusting smell and health issues your selfish habits will cause them. If you want to smoke, fine, but don't do it around other people.
as i told people a few times in real life if they have a problem with my smoking and dont want to be around it THEY can move...unless they think they have the cojones to move me which currently hasnt been anyone. and not just do "cough" "cough" "cough"

i dont think any goverment has any right making rules about what people can and cant do inside of privatelly owned bussiness like family owned bars and restaruants..

also i say there wimps cause not a single non smoker has had the cojones to say directly to my face they hate my smoking... o they mumble and say things under there breath or do the "Cough" "cough" crap.. which i usually call them on and they run away while giving me the eye... if you cant look someone in the eye and tell them you have a problem with what there doing you ARE a WIMP

this thread actually reminds me of a outside auction i was at a couple weeks ago its only place ill light up anymore keeps people from touching me and getting near me.. the auctioneer was running us through the methods of payment and telling us all purchases had to be removed by the next day... he goes onto say "if you got them smoke em" as he pulls out a pack of winstons from his pocket... i started chuckling to myself cause alot of people were lighting up a and about a dozen people were running off to there cars and complaining about how inconsiderate we were to others. id say 30 people smoking versus 12 people who hate smoking have the right to do what they want that majority vote and all...(Sorry i know its sorta off topic but it came into my mind and it made me smile lol)

(#38 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
never said i wasnt any of those things and i enjoy having people pissed at me
Can tell you're going to get far...thats not something to really broadcast now is it.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
The smoking cessation researchers say lack of warning labels is, in part, keeping Americans uninformed of the dangers of tobacco.
LOL. No. No, I'm pretty sure everybody knows it's bad for you.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#40 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Graphic Cigarette Labeling - November 14th 2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma01 View Post

Can tell you're going to get far...thats not something to really broadcast now is it.
if i make someone angry with my views i feel bad but im not gonna change my views just so i can be pc ill proudly say that when my honest views start making people get there undies in a bunch i find it amusing.

as for me going far before i got hurt on the job and quit i was the shops head mechanic and had 2 apprentices under me... thats pretty far in my books considering im only 20 but had been working there since i was 16..

Last edited by The ANTI-Troll; November 15th 2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: missread the message

Closed Thread