TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Palmolive's Avatar
 
Name: Jessie
Age: 25
Gender: Girly.
Location: The stars.

Posts: 5,785
Blog Entries: 2319
Join Date: January 31st 2009

EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 06:11 PM

Soo I was wondering what all your thought's are about EMA being stopped? I don't know if it's been big on the news, but we have an assembly about it because it's suppose to be stopping at the end of the year.

I know it'd affect me because I get £30 a week. I don't get money of my mum and I haven't been able to find a job. So when it come's to buying stuff for school that'll be hard.

Thoughttts?


"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while
********
 
Snufkin's Avatar
 
Name: Scott
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,982
Blog Entries: 104
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie'Lou View Post
Soo I was wondering what all your thought's are about EMA being stopped? I don't know if it's been big on the news, but we have an assembly about it because it's suppose to be stopping at the end of the year.
I'm guessing you missed the protests today...

The whole change of tuition fees and the removal of EMA is downright appalling. I come from a low-income family and to think that I could've missed out on EMA is frightening, as I used it to go towards paying monthly bills including my internet.

I do wonder how Nick Clegg sleeps at night.




   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Palmolive's Avatar
 
Name: Jessie
Age: 25
Gender: Girly.
Location: The stars.

Posts: 5,785
Blog Entries: 2319
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post


I'm guessing you missed the protests today...


I do wonder how Nick Clegg sleeps at night.
LOL I JUST SAW IT ON THE NEWS THIS LIKE VERY MINUTE!
And I sometimes wonder that as well.


"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 07:57 PM

I don't think EMA should be scrapped but there should be stricter regulations on who gets it. I have no problem with people who really need EMA getting it but it annoys me when some people get it because they've played the system. I know far too many people who get ridiculous allowances of their parents but because of some loophole they get £30 a week to splash on whatever they want.

anyways.. no i don't think it should be scrapped entirely, but the system definitely needs to be changed.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Cabbage Detective's Avatar
 
Name: Squid
Age: 25
Gender: void
Location: England

Posts: 249
Join Date: March 27th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 08:00 PM

sijhsidufsdiuhdshui what?! I had not heard about that! I really need to get a TV!

Well, if they do stop it, no more school for me.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
taylalatbh.'s Avatar
 
Name: Taylala
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Wales, UK

Posts: 3,744
Join Date: July 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 08:00 PM

It doesn't affect me anymore, but I did use the £30 a week I got so I can see why people are pissed.



   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while
********
 
Snufkin's Avatar
 
Name: Scott
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,982
Blog Entries: 104
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 08:04 PM

Did anyone watch the Young Voters' Question Time on BBC3?

Will anyone be voting Lib Dem in the next election?




   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while
********
 
Kumagoro's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 1,567
Blog Entries: 14
Join Date: March 30th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Will anyone be voting Lib Dem in the next election?
The Lib Dems joined forces with the Tories. Enough said.

I don't think EMA should be scrapped, but like losing touch said, it's unfair that some people get it by playing the system. I knew kids at college who only showed up for the EMA and the teachers would sign the form even if they were late or disruptive. There were good kids with 100% attendance who got absolutely nothing.

I don't get EMA so it doesn't affect me, but I'm annoyed that others who may need it are missing out.




   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Gingerbread Latte's Avatar
 
Name: Cara
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Scotland

Posts: 6,718
Blog Entries: 136
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 08:18 PM

Jessie when you say year, do you mean this year as in 2010...or this year as in school year? Because last time I checked it was being stopped after this school year so I don't know if that's changed.

EMA is literally my only source of money...

I was peed off when they cruelly took away the £100 bonuses from me...since that used to get my through the summer holidays

Guess I should get a job...but oh wait. Nowhere's hiring right now.
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Palmolive's Avatar
 
Name: Jessie
Age: 25
Gender: Girly.
Location: The stars.

Posts: 5,785
Blog Entries: 2319
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
Jessie when you say year, do you mean this year as in 2010...or this year as in school year? Because last time I checked it was being stopped after this school year so I don't know if that's changed.
My sister told me it was in six weeks, but my head of sixth form told me it was at the end of the school year


"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Skeleton's Avatar
 
Name: Charlie
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: UK.

Posts: 4,544
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 09:02 PM

I think it's stupid to scrap it and if they are going to do something about it, they should just be stricter about it like someone has said. So that the people who do need it can get it and those who don't need it as much won't.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Make Believe's Avatar
 
Name: Kayleigh
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Wales, U.K.

Posts: 6,185
Blog Entries: 190
Join Date: August 31st 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 09:26 PM

I feel bad for my cousin :/ she was going to do A levels next year I doubt she will now. I actually think a lot of people will drop out of school and get a job now :/

Also, I know a few people play with the system but a lot of people really need this money :/

Well, we're fucked.


"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
L'espoir's Avatar
 
Name: Jen
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 2,020
Blog Entries: 777
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 09:54 PM

It's stopping after this school year, not the actual year itself. I agree with what everyone else said, some people just take the mick and abuse it but other people really do need it. There is a girl in my form who when she doesn't get her EMA through can't come into college. She actually can't afford it, the bus fair etc. She told me that next year she is going to have to drop out of college because without her EMA she won't be able to afford it. For people like that, it should definitely be kept but I just think it needs to be stricter.

Most people don't need £30 a week. To get a bus pass for a month it is £11 and for lunch it doesnt' cost that much either. I would manage fine on £20 a week...... Next year I know things will be tight on my house because my mum doesn't earn that much and my dad only gives her the bare minimum child support sooo she can't afford to give me money for text books, lunch money and my bus pass (I get a year long one which is £175 because it works out cheaper for me).... but I know lots of people who have a job and get money off their parents and all that but just use £30 to go shopping.

My youth worker said that he thinks people getting EMA should get free bus passes instead and lunch vouchers or something. I think even that would be a good idea because then at least people wouldn't be getting money they can spend literally on anything and they wouldn't have more than they need.


PM // VM
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,261
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 10:30 PM

Meh. EMA is EMA, its nice but we had years without it, it's relatively new, has been controversial since it's introduction and its hardly essential. TBH I'm not really fused. If you're doing A Levels to get EMA then there is some seriously messed up logic going on in your head.


(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

Last edited by her_beautiful_mistake; November 24th 2010 at 10:35 PM.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,261
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
It's stopping after this school year, not the actual year itself. I agree with what everyone else said, some people just take the mick and abuse it but other people really do need it. There is a girl in my form who when she doesn't get her EMA through can't come into college. She actually can't afford it, the bus fair etc. She told me that next year she is going to have to drop out of college because without her EMA she won't be able to afford it. For people like that, it should definitely be kept but I just think it needs to be stricter.

Most people don't need £30 a week. To get a bus pass for a month it is £11 and for lunch it doesnt' cost that much either. I would manage fine on £20 a week...... Next year I know things will be tight on my house because my mum doesn't earn that much and my dad only gives her the bare minimum child support sooo she can't afford to give me money for text books, lunch money and my bus pass (I get a year long one which is £175 because it works out cheaper for me).... but I know lots of people who have a job and get money off their parents and all that but just use £30 to go shopping.

My youth worker said that he thinks people getting EMA should get free bus passes instead and lunch vouchers or something. I think even that would be a good idea because then at least people wouldn't be getting money they can spend literally on anything and they wouldn't have more than they need.
These things should be the responsibility of the college. The fact that that girl is not getting lunch passes, bus passes, etc is the responsibility of the college and not down to EMA. At my old college she would get bus passes and lunch passes and could apply for a grant. Such funds are given to all higher education centres and so it's down to: a) the college/school to make them available and b) the student to look into it. Funding to colleges is being increased.


(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,311
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 10:45 PM

Huge protests. More violence than the last. The Government really screwed up big time with this..
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while
********
 
Snufkin's Avatar
 
Name: Scott
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,982
Blog Entries: 104
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 10:54 PM

Most of that violence was initiated by the police.

Just to throw the question out there, where do you believe the money to pay for tuition fees should be coming from?




   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,311
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 24th 2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Most of that violence was initiated by the police.

Just to throw the question out there, where do you believe the money to pay for tuition fees should be coming from?
Part student, part taxes.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ARTPOP's Avatar
 
Name: :)
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere

Posts: 1,283
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: September 9th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 25th 2010, 11:15 AM

I don't acctually get EMA but some friends of mine do. So it's gonna affect them big time!
I think you'll have to ask your mum again for an allowence for school.




I'm a superstar because I do pageants!
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Prozac's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,497
Blog Entries: 108
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 25th 2010, 11:23 AM

I never got EMA but in my opinion it's not necessary - most of the time I've just seen people use it to buy clothes, alcohol and music. I think that the bonuses were just purely ridiculous. If it was for school supplies and transport then I guess that would be fair enough - perhaps vouchers or redeeming money from receipts would be a better idea. I don't think that it should be entirely scrapped, but there should be rules on what the money is used for and the rules of who gets it should be stricter. People should go to school for their education - not for £30 a week to spend on whatever they want.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Make Believe's Avatar
 
Name: Kayleigh
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Wales, U.K.

Posts: 6,185
Blog Entries: 190
Join Date: August 31st 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 25th 2010, 11:44 AM

I do agree with that. I do know a lot of people who spend it on alcohol and clothes :/ those grunting about it being stopped piss me off.


"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough
*********
 
Casey.'s Avatar
 
Name: Casey
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 337
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 25th 2010, 08:27 PM

The colleges should be responisble for helping out the students who need it, not EMA. My Uni gives grants and scholarships, and refund cheques to those who really need it, me included, yes the Government has some programme but mostly it's up to the uni's to help students out, and that's really the way it should be. I do not go to school in the U.K, so this won't effect me, but I know people who it will effect. They shouldn't completely scrap the programme, but making it stricter and letting schools help out would be best.


She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.


Smile through the tears.


PM me

  Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while
********
 
Fictional's Avatar
 
Name: Jessy
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: here, stealing all your help =P

Posts: 1,520
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 25th 2010, 09:31 PM

I'll be buying my equipment next year with my own money, and I won't be getting EMA to help out because i live with two adults who, combined, earn enough that the govornment wouldn't give it to me. Those who've had it should really just be grateful for it.


There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.



Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 26th 2010, 07:47 AM

Meh, suck it up. Nothing's free, and I don't want to pay for some poor kid's booze. Anyway the concept is messed up, noone deserves anything for free.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,299
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 26th 2010, 08:16 AM

I just kinda think 'haha, I got it and you didn't' ¬.¬
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while
********
 
Snufkin's Avatar
 
Name: Scott
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,982
Blog Entries: 104
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 26th 2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Meh, suck it up. Nothing's free, and I don't want to pay for some poor kid's booze. Anyway the concept is messed up, noone deserves anything for free.
So a child in a low income family shouldn't receive support to buy necessary equipment for school, or travel expenses to get there, or money for school lunches, which their parents' income just doesn't cover? That, to me, is more messed up.




   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Meh, suck it up. Nothing's free, and I don't want to pay for some poor kid's booze. Anyway the concept is messed up, noone deserves anything for free.
There is a difference between living off the government; because you are lazy and doing so to get on your feet. What do you think of people who are looking for a job, but receiving unemployment on the mean time?
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough
*********
 
Jesus Christ.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,299
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 02:57 PM

And anyway, most people will end up paying it back in beer tax in the near future D=
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159265358979323846264 View Post
And anyway, most people will end up paying it back in beer tax in the near future D=
but they should not let them use it for that.
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Cabbage Detective's Avatar
 
Name: Squid
Age: 25
Gender: void
Location: England

Posts: 249
Join Date: March 27th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:36 PM

Anyone going to the protests on tuesday?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...046082&index=1
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:40 PM

Is there any real reason people are protesting this like there is no tomorrow? I mean it's called budget cuts. In my state all the public schools are being forced to take six days off somewhere and people( as far as I know.) are NOT raising too much heck about that.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Cabbage Detective's Avatar
 
Name: Squid
Age: 25
Gender: void
Location: England

Posts: 249
Join Date: March 27th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:42 PM

Well they are tripling the university fees...
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Cabbage Detective's Avatar
 
Name: Squid
Age: 25
Gender: void
Location: England

Posts: 249
Join Date: March 27th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:45 PM

etc etc etc
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,311
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:49 PM

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/la...kettle-protest

That is all.
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
Well they are tripling the university fees...
Well our post-secondary education fees go up almost EVERY year, yet as far as I know we have NO programs that provide what this EMA seems to.
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Cabbage Detective's Avatar
 
Name: Squid
Age: 25
Gender: void
Location: England

Posts: 249
Join Date: March 27th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
http://www.wessexscene.co.uk/feature...-the-kettle-2/

This one too.
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while
********
 
Fictional's Avatar
 
Name: Jessy
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: here, stealing all your help =P

Posts: 1,520
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 9th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
Well our post-secondary education fees go up almost EVERY year, yet as far as I know we have NO programs that provide what this EMA seems to.
I suppose the difference is, you've not had it in the first place, so it can't be taken away from you


There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.



Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictional View Post
I suppose the difference is, you've not had it in the first place, so it can't be taken away from you
that is the case: HOWEVER I do attend post-secondary education in the states and there are various programs that DO help just not on a weekly basis. Oh and we (my parents and I just put down over 4k after all my outside help. ( I go to a private not state-run school, however.
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough
*********
 
Melody Pond's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 2,684
Blog Entries: 69
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
Well our post-secondary education fees go up almost EVERY year, yet as far as I know we have NO programs that provide what this EMA seems to.
I wouldn't mind as much is the Uni fees went up steadily each year but they have been set at this price for 5 years and then they are suddenly tripling next year. If they were to steadily increase or if we had some warning of this people would have more time to save for it. Now people expected it to be a certain amount because there was no warning this was going to happen and may not be able to afford it.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: EMA being stopppped - November 27th 2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikela View Post


I wouldn't mind as much is the Uni fees went up steadily each year but they have been set at this price for 5 years and then they are suddenly tripling next year. If they were to steadily increase or if we had some warning of this people would have more time to save for it. Now people expected it to be a certain amount because there was no warning this was going to happen and may not be able to afford it.
not to be rude but I do not know do you all have loans over there?
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
ema, stopppped

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.