TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 03:27 AM

I need to rant here.

I'm pretty tired of seeing this over an over, someone does stupid selfish things for attention, gets caught, gets famous, gets a super light punishment, makes the CLASSIC excuses of "I've changed my life it is so much better" "I got caught in the wrong crowd", reap in the fame and how special you are while you keep misbehaving smoking pot on TV and doing THE SAME STUPID DISGRACEFUL !!! Isn't it becoming all too common these days... onto the story:
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7505034.story

Appalling you can get rich and famous for being an IDIOT and representing everything oppressive about society.

To the girl in the article: You didn't get caught in the wrong crowd. You ARE the wrong crowd. The last 30 seconds of my life reading about you would have been better spent reading this article!
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wjw...0,234900.story

Either quit being a crackhead for real and go to rehab and better your life and do things to help people, move into a box and give up your ill-earned money to people who are legitimately trying to better themselves or those who deserve it way way more than you (aka just about everyone), or GTFO because the world would be a better place without you setting a poor example for the next generation! ENJOY JAIL YOU POOR EXCUSE FOR A LOSER!!!
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 03:32 AM

She needs help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 03:41 AM

I really wish that was the case that she was just an innocent girl needing help. But after things I've seen in the documentaries I'm not so sure. All of the documentaries indicate she was doing all of these things maliciously, recklessly, and intentionally. Her "partner-in-crime" even called her out on TV as the immature attention-wanting fool she truly is. Nothing at all like the people who come here legitimately wanting and/or seeking help. This person is more like those cuckoo defendants you see on those court shows all the time. And thank you so much to E! for spreading the lunacy too. If anything TV would be better suited with a show about MY life or the lives of people on here then some poor example like her.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 04:35 AM

Yes this girl is a complete idiot. However I admit to watching that show once, it's because of her psycho mother. They were home schooled and basically all she did was teach them "The Secret" you know that book and movie. Yeah that's all they would do. The girls were on "Chelsey Lately" and Chelsey was sooo good at showing what idiots they were. I mean she was asking them these questions basically making fun of them and they didn't even realize it. And while it is her fault she's in this situation, it's also her mother's. That mother doesn't even deserve to be called a mother, and she's done horrible damage to her daughters.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 04:37 AM

Maybe she needs attention because she's emotionally unstable. Who knows?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delivery View Post
Maybe she needs attention because she's emotionally unstable. Who knows?
Yeah, must be a family trait.

I feel what the OP is saying completely. Not only is this girl an idiot, but then she gets a TV show, a nice reward for her and her family's idiocy. Let's glamorize dysfunction shall we?

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 2nd 2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
she gets a TV show, a nice reward for her and her family's idiocy. Let's glamorize dysfunction shall we?
This is the real problem. Yes, she is an idiot, but the world is full of idiots. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve any blame, but the majority of the blame lies with the people who watch these type of shows and make these people famous. Would she be any less of an idiot? Of course not. But would she be rich and famous? Nope. So even more than her idiocy, I think that our collective love as a society for watching train wrecks should take the blame.

~Cody

Normal User

(#8 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 3rd 2010, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Yeah, must be a family trait.

I feel what the OP is saying completely. Not only is this girl an idiot, but then she gets a TV show, a nice reward for her and her family's idiocy. Let's glamorize dysfunction shall we?
Yeah, the people who came up with the idea for the TV show are selfish. I never seen it, but I imagine they only want to exploit her instead of helping her...

(#9 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: A Rant About Stupid Person Doing Stupid Things (Remember the "Bling Ring"?) - December 3rd 2010, 05:12 AM

^Um she signed up to be exploited. That TV show wasn't about helping her, I mean yeah most of the focus was on her trial, but some of it was on her sister's blossoming modeling career, and her crazy mother. People like that sign up for those TV shows for the money they don't give a crap how they are being portrayed and they certainly don't do it to get "help"

Closed Thread