TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 10th 2010, 07:36 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-politely.html

Quote:
A schoolboy who it is claimed was targeted because he was well-spoken, was found hanged at home.
Bradley Wiseman, 12, who it is claimed was being targeted because of his well-spoken voice, was found at his home on Monday.
Hundreds of friends have now blasted bullies on an online memorial page who are said to have tormented Bradley at his school in Edlington, South Yorkshire.
This is too sad
This has happened so many times now. It doesn't seem like schools do much to prevent or stop bullying. I know my school didn't...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 10th 2010, 07:45 PM

The poor kid =( I used to get bullied for 'being posh' but thank god my school stopped it

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 10th 2010, 10:46 PM

Ok I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I've got to say it. Firstly this is indeed horrible, and I feel awful for this kid's family. But seriously this whole, "I'm being bullied so my life isn't worth living" shit is really starting to annoy me. My father was horribly bullied and beat up in school. My mother's teacher abused her so badly that she acutally left high school to go to a junior college. I was bullied and beat up in school, and my brother is currently bullied in school. But none of us ever tried to kill ourselves. I mean just get over it already. Yeah being bullied sucks, and kids can be really cruel, but you know what you grow up you live your life and you probably end up more successful than the kids that spent all of their time teasing you. Bullying stops eventually. Eventually you leave school, you go to college, you get a freakin life. It does happen you just have to get through some crappy years. But a LOT of people manage to get through it. I just feel like our generation is pathetic with all of these kids committing suicide because of some teasing. School sucks for pretty much everyone, some worse than others, but you get through it and move on.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 10th 2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Ok I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I've got to say it. Firstly this is indeed horrible, and I feel awful for this kid's family. But seriously this whole, "I'm being bullied so my life isn't worth living" shit is really starting to annoy me. My father was horribly bullied and beat up in school. My mother's teacher abused her so badly that she acutally left high school to go to a junior college. I was bullied and beat up in school, and my brother is currently bullied in school. But none of us ever tried to kill ourselves. I mean just get over it already. Yeah being bullied sucks, and kids can be really cruel, but you know what you grow up you live your life and you probably end up more successful than the kids that spent all of their time teasing you. Bullying stops eventually. Eventually you leave school, you go to college, you get a freakin life. It does happen you just have to get through some crappy years. But a LOT of people manage to get through it. I just feel like our generation is pathetic with all of these kids committing suicide because of some teasing. School sucks for pretty much everyone, some worse than others, but you get through it and move on.
Agree with this.

~Cody

Normal User

(#5 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 10th 2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
I was going to say something similar, but felt kind of bad for thinking it. But it's true, kids these days don't appear to have any coping skills at all. This is an awful situation though, and I can only imagine how the family feels. Nobody should have to go through something like this.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
i agree .......... i was bullied myself in school and ended up being homeschooled from 6th to 12th grade cause of it and it is enjoyable seeing kids i went to school with who were the incrowd working at a carwash or mcdonalds

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 01:31 AM

I agree to a point. I too was bullied, but I just got on with it. I'm a strong person now for having went through it, and I'm sure most of you who have posted in this thread feel the same way, or at least have benefited in some way by pushing through the bullying you received.

But, I also think bullying is getting worse. In the cyber age, places like Facebook and Formspring are just another medium, making it even harder to escape bullying that used to only take place at school. I can't help but feel that this is causing a rise in bullying, thus leading to a rise in depression, self harm and suicide. Not everyone copes the same way, and indeed, not everyone copes full stop.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 01:41 AM

Stupid boy x.x

(#9 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 02:49 AM

Remember children are not as emotionally stable as people like you and me. Not everyone is able to mentally handle this type of thing, even I had suicidal thoughts when I was bullied. To criticize the deceased is wrong and shameful in my opinion.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
Remember children are not as emotionally stable as people like you and me. Not everyone is able to mentally handle this type of thing, even I had suicidal thoughts when I was bullied. To criticize the deceased is wrong and shameful in my opinion.
Well suicide is wrong and shameful in my opinion. I have my sympathy for the kid's family, but not for the kid. What he went through in life yeah sure I feel bad for him, but for the fact that he killed himself, nope. He's dead why have sympathy for him, it's better placed with those he left behind.

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 03:15 AM

You can say that you endured bullying just fine, but honestly, some people can't handle as much as other people. I think that it is very rude to call the boy stupid and pathetic.

The bullies were in the wrong. This boy was 12 years old!
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
You can say that you endured bullying just fine, but honestly, some people can't handle as much as other people. I think that it is very rude to call the boy stupid and pathetic.

The bullies were in the wrong. This boy was 12 years old!
Of course the bullies were in the wrong. However I think it would be more beneficial for schools to do programs on how to cope with bullying. The fact is there's always going to be bullies, but if kids have a better understanding that they aren't alone and there are ways to get through the bullying, I think that would have more benefits. I'm not taking back what I said though, our generation is rather pathetic. We need to be babied way too much. So if we can find a way to let the people who aren't strong enough on their own know that they can get through it, it's going to be better for everyone.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Of course the bullies were in the wrong. However I think it would be more beneficial for schools to do programs on how to cope with bullying. The fact is there's always going to be bullies, but if kids have a better understanding that they aren't alone and there are ways to get through the bullying, I think that would have more benefits. I'm not taking back what I said though, our generation is rather pathetic. We need to be babied way too much. So if we can find a way to let the people who aren't strong enough on their own know that they can get through it, it's going to be better for everyone.
You definitely can't criticize a kid for not being able to handle bullying. Our generation is not pathetic. That 12 year old boy is not pathetic either.

Finding a way to stop bullying is much more productive than criticizing the boy. It's good that you propose that schools do more to raise awareness about bullying, but I think it's very rude and disrespectful to call the boy pathetic.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 04:33 AM

Ok I never called the boy specifically pathetic. I called our entire generation pathetic, which as a whole we tend to be. And I'm sorry I don't care if I'm rude about people who commit suicide, I find the act unforgivable but that's not what this is about. Schools are not going to be able to stop bullying. There's too many students, too many kids afraid to come forward. It's much more productive to focus on coping with bullying, that's where the fixable problem lies. Kids are always going to be brats, they always have, but we can put an end to this ridiculous trend of, oh everyone hates me I should just kill myself.

I feel for the people the kid left behind. I feel for his parents that's who I have sympathy for. I'm sorry but it's not that hard to find the good in life. And really, he was being teased for being "too polite" that's a freakin compliment. Take it as such and move on.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:

You definitely can't criticize a kid for not being able to handle bullying. Our generation is not pathetic. That 12 year old boy is not pathetic either.

Finding a way to stop bullying is much more productive than criticizing the boy. It's good that you propose that schools do more to raise awareness about bullying, but I think it's very rude and disrespectful to call the boy pathetic.
im gonna have to say the younger generation is pathetic..everyones 2 afraid of hurting another person feelings or being confrontanional(sp?) hell half of them dont work or even know how to change a tire and i hardly ever see a kid without a cellphone

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ANTI-Troll View Post
im gonna have to say the younger generation is pathetic..everyones 2 afraid of hurting another person feelings or being confrontanional(sp?) hell half of them dont work or even know how to change a tire and i hardly ever see a kid without a cellphone
It's not being afraid. It's called being respectful. I don't see anything good about hurting people's feelings.

Have you taken a poll on this or something? I bet you would be surprised how many people can change a tire.

How does a cell phone make someone pathetic? It's this generation's way of connecting with one another.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 04:59 AM

Quote:

Well, whether it's pretty to think about or not, I have to agree. We, as a generation, are generally kind of pathetic. Of course that's a generalization, but it is true for the majority. I know it was true for me. I messed up my life enough that I'm just now getting it all together again. I never went through anything terrible, I was just a pussy about coping with it. I sure as hell never had anything to be suicidal over. It was silly and pathetic. And I'm not alone.

~Cody

Normal User

(#18 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:

It's not being afraid. It's called being respectful. I don't see anything good about hurting people's feelings.

Have you taken a poll on this or something? I bet you would be surprised how many people can change a tire.

How does a cell phone make someone pathetic? It's this generation's way of connecting with one another.
o no this generation is far from respectfull all the kids talking like a bunch of hoodrats.calling each other the n word ,etc,etc,etc. never bothering to hold the door open for another person hell even giving compliments is rare to see from kids.

actually youd be suprised............ i personally just this year alone saw close to 40-50 people on the side of the road with a cell phone in there ear looking at a tire that was flat, typically some kid barelly old enough to have his license. (note i usually stoped for the hot ladies to help)

its pathetic cause if you take away the cellphone they scream,yell,fight,cry, cause they cant talk with there friends....... hello such thing as a letter or heres a better one go talk to them in person

(#19 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 05:54 AM

Just to avoid being labled as a horrible person I would like to explain. I've seen three people I cared about very much die from cancer. And even though the odds were so against them they fought so hard to survive and be there for the ones they loved. And then there was this girl I went to dance school with. Her father was dying of lung cancer he was dragging a respirator around with him he should have been in the hospital. But when the recital came around he went out on that stage and danced with his daughter then got off and went right back on his machine. And it pisses me off when people decide to just give up because a few people are calling them names. It pisses me off when I've seen people who have real problems and pain fight so hard and fail and others just decide they've had enough of being teased. And the pain is worse for the families of the latter. At least the families of the fighters knew they fought, knew that their loved ones wanted to be with them, the other families don't have that. So you can say I'm rude, but I don't care I think suicide is the most selfish pathetic act a person can commit no matter your age. I wish the kid had gotten help, I wish he had made a different decision, but he didn't and I'm not going to make any apologies for that.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 06:00 AM

I don't think the younger generation is "pathetic". I'm pretty sure the majority of kids and teens actually lack the ability to see or believe that the future will be better. What I do think is pathetic about the younger generation though is that there seem to be a number who lack compassion. You might think suicide is selfish or whatever, but this boy was obviously in a lot of emotional pain.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 06:11 AM

Ok everyone in the world let's have a tally it you are in a lot of emotional pain or have experienced a lot of emotional pain please raise your hand, oh look everyone is raising their hands. Why should I have compassion for the boy, he got what he wanted, emotional pain over, family is screwed, but hey his pain is gone forever. He's fine, he doesn't have to deal with it anymore. I'm sorry for what he went through in life, but it's over he's free. Now his family, that's where your compassion should go because they are the ones that get to deal with a whole new set of emotional pain.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 06:49 AM

His choice, his fault. Hey, sure we need to stop bullying, but kids today can't cope with these things because they have been babied all their lives. At least he didn't go out Columbine Style. (Or would that be considered just deserts... meh absent ramblings).

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Halo345 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 08:06 AM

Personally, I think EVERYONE needs to get their head out of their a$$ and lightin up. The day people realize lifes life, the good, the bad, and the ugly and come to and understand that if we make the best of what we've got and expand on that, that is the day when we the world will be at peace (to an extent).

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 10:24 AM

I do agree to a point with what people are saying. I was bullied from 11 to about 16/17 and I still encounter bullying now on occasions.

This boy is only 12, I am assuming he has just started in a new high school which is when bullying starts and if he hasn't dealt with it before then it is a difficult thing to deal with. When bullying starts you really take it personally instead of realising the bully is the one with the problem.

To be honest one of my first thoughts was what were his parents doing.
When I was being bullied my parents really helped me learn how to deal with it in a healthy way. I didn't tell my parent I was being bullied they could tell and the assumed it would happen when I started a new school. Also the school told them I was.

I really think that his parents should have done more and the school should have done more. Even if he didn't tell them he was being bullied they should have really noticed some of the signs and done something to help him.
The saddest thing about this is it could have been prevented so easily...

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 11:11 AM

To be fair people handle things differently. I admit I've thought of suicide due to being bullied in school. I had it all planned but I never actually done it, no. This boy was obviously not in the right mental state, I don't think we can really judge his actions.

Also, my school was shit when it come to bullying and I'm guessing this school was no better.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 11th 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ANTI-Troll View Post
its pathetic cause if you take away the cellphone they scream,yell,fight,cry, cause they cant talk with there friends....... hello such thing as a letter or heres a better one go talk to them in person
God, I remember when I was like that. I wish someone had just killed me and put the world out of it's misery. I am so glad I'm not like that anymore.

~Cody

Normal User

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 12th 2010, 02:10 AM

Do you guys saying he's weak honestly believe that bullying was the only reason he killed himself? Sure, that would be weak, but I really doubt that was the situation. It's much more likely that he had undiscovered mental illness such as depression. Perhaps bullying pushed him over the edge. Perhaps the bullying had nothing to do with his suicide. Nobody kills themselves just because someone called them names. The only thing bullying can do is intensify a mental illness. That's exactly what it is, too: an illness. This boy was clearly suffering from an illness and it's sad that he didn't receive the treatment he needed.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

Last edited by Toast; December 12th 2010 at 02:18 AM.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 12th 2010, 09:36 PM

This is horrible...especially because I've been bullied nearly all my life.
In 2nd grade, these 5th grade girls started to physically and mentally bully me for being "smart" and for having an accent because I had to learn English at school.
Then I've gotten bullied for being short and a follow-the-rules kind of person.
Really heartbreaking story.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 05:49 AM

I honestly am getting annoyed by this too....
Here's a list of annoyances:
1.) Bullies, a quick question. What the hell? Leave people alone, ya bastards...
2.) people who kill themselves from being bullied. So someone teased you, was mean to you - it's a part of life; there's always gonna be somebody like that, and even though it's wrong, it's not worth taking your own freaking life over. Sometimes the 'bully' probably just said something wrong, do you want him/her to have to live with knowing they killed you if they didn't mean you any harm? and, to those who did mean what they said, well, doesn't it mean they won if you take your own life? You give them the pleasure of knowing they got to you, that they're jeers affect you and thus will affect others
3.) The media. Why is it that after years of bullying, it takes a wave of people taking the easy way out (suicide) to make you think, hey, this is bad.

>.>

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:

This isn't a new phenomenon. There has long been a trend of people committing suicide due to the pressures that school places on them - whether it be bullying or extreme academic stress. It's not a generational - but it's certainly more publicized now than it ever used to be.

The fact is, no one knew what this kid was really going through except him and it's completely unfair to cast judgement on him when you never knew him, much less what he was going through, it's naive. Someone has to be suffering to completely reject the most basic instinct of self-preservation.

Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:07 PM

This thread annoys me a lot. Honestly, all of you who are calling this kid "pathetic" or our generation "pathetic", are acting as bullies. It really isn't nice to throw the word around like it's nothing, it is exactly like bullying. I honestly think all of you who say "its lame to commit suicide over bullying" have never really been bullied. If you were bullied you would be able to understand the feelings this kid had. Being bullied messes with you bad and the fact that most of you on here are calling him pathetic, is just wrong.

Show some respect. You don't know how extreme his bullying might have been so don't judge.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briana View Post
This thread annoys me a lot. Honestly, all of you who are calling this kid "pathetic" or our generation "pathetic", are acting as bullies. It really isn't nice to throw the word around like it's nothing, it is exactly like bullying. I honestly think all of you who say "its lame to commit suicide over bullying" have never really been bullied. If you were bullied you would be able to understand the feelings this kid had. Being bullied messes with you bad and the fact that most of you on here are calling him pathetic, is just wrong.

Show some respect. You don't know how extreme his bullying might have been so don't judge.
You're the one judging, to be fair. It's not nice to just assume someone has ''never really been bullied'' based on a few posts when you have no idea what people have been through. You show some respect.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:26 PM

We do not know how long this had been going on, rather he ratted and nothing was done about it or if anything else was going on. I know that I had issues with feeling like a bother to people so considered ending it and various reasons at various times. Unless you know what went on or you have been in the shoes of wanting to commit suicide before; then, frankly do not judge.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
We do not know how long this had been going on, rather he ratted and nothing was done about it or if anything else was going on. I know that I had issues with feeling like a bother to people so considered ending it and various reasons at various times. Unless you know what went on or you have been in the shoes of wanting to commit suicide before; then, frankly do not judge.
I have been suicidal for a lot of my life. Is my opinion valid now?

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'TeppyLala View Post

I have been suicidal for a lot of my life. Is my opinion valid now?
I did not say you have not been I said that there were a LOT of reasons one could be that depressed and we do not know what else was going on . Therefore until we actually have we can not judge.

I have been bullied yet my suicidal thought starting seven or eight YEARS later had NOTHING to do with it.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post

I did not say you have not been I said that there were a LOT of reasons one coul;d be that depressed and we do not know what else was going on . Therefore until we actually have we can not judge.
Unless you know what went on or you have been in the shoes of wanting to commit suicide before; then, frankly do not judge.

That is what you said and that is what I was replying to.

To be fair, most people were talking about young people in general. Everyone has said the boy's situation is sad.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:

Unless you know what went on or you have been in the shoes of wanting to commit suicide before; then, frankly do not judge.

To be fair, most people were talking about young people in general. Everyone has said the boy's situation is sad.
Whats the difference if they talk about young people in general or not? Yeah, they said it was sad, but you still see them calling him names.

"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:

wait what do you mean talking about young people in general by that statement it sounds like you are saying that there is only one reason people take their own lives. Which since you and I have both been in that spot you and I both know that is NOT the case.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briana View Post
Whats the difference if they talk about young people in general or not? Yeah, they said it was sad, but you still see them calling him names.
Because everyone has different opinions? If someone thinks committing suicide because of bullying is pathetic/selfish then they have a right to think that and to voice their opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong.

If the thread annoys you, nobody's making you read it.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Re: Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'taunts he spoke too politely' - December 13th 2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Because everyone has different opinions? If someone thinks committing suicide because of bullying is pathetic/selfish then they have a right to think that and to voice their opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong.

If the thread annoys you, nobody's making you read it.
You didn't really answer my question? But. okey dokey.

Anyways, all in all I was just saying, don't call someone pathetic if you don't know their story or what there life is like.

"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

Closed Thread