TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 03:24 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...aedophile.html

Opinions on this?
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 03:33 PM

Props to the kids. The world doesn't need people like him and the legal system wasn't doing anything about it. Too bad about the whole part where it ruins their lives though. Oh well, c'est la vie.


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 07:37 PM

I'm questioning the actual title because to be diagnosed with pedophilia, the man would've had to sexually assault or fantasize about children 13 years or younger, and from the story I'm confused who was this age. I gathered the killers were both 14 at the time of the murder but aged 1-2 years. If he was arrested for a sexual offense to the 16 year old girl, whatever the offense was, it's not diagnosable for pedophilia.

That aside, it's two evils, either there's sexual offenses to minors or there's murder. I feel like either one I support is morally bad. The boy wasn't a victim to the man so his relation is indirect via his girlfriend who was directly affected by the man. So the boy wasn't killing the man in revenge over something that never involved him and now his life is completely changed as a result. Ironically, the girl who was directly affected by the man has a lesser punishment, although still a severe charge that would trail her for her life.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
I'm questioning the actual title because to be diagnosed with pedophilia, the man would've had to sexually assault or fantasize about children 13 years or younger, and from the story I'm confused who was this age. I gathered the killers were both 14 at the time of the murder but aged 1-2 years. If he was arrested for a sexual offense to the 16 year old girl, whatever the offense was, it's not diagnosable for pedophilia.
I missed that, I suppose it should say suspected hebephile or possibly ephebophile


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
Props to the kids. The world doesn't need people like him and the legal system wasn't doing anything about it. Too bad about the whole part where it ruins their lives though. Oh well, c'est la vie.
two wrongs do not make a right and so I could see them being in jail and prison because unless they killed in direct self defense it is still murder and therefore is still a crime frankly as bad if not worse than what the man did.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
two wrongs do not make a right and so I could see them being in jail and prison because unless they killed in direct self defense it is still murder and therefore is still a crime frankly as bad if not worse than what the man did.
Of course, they made their choice knowing the law, they got what they asked for. I still don't think they were wrong in killing him.


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,542
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:08 PM

The bottom line is that people are still people, even if they do something illegal. If we're allowed to seek vengeance, then there'd be no point in the justice system when we'd just kill the person ourselves. And people would be able to get away with murder all the time. No thanks. I kinda like the justice system. Yeah, they fucked up for finding a guilty man innocent, but that doesn't give you the right to kill him. I wouldn't care if he was a serial rapist.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
Of course, they made their choice knowing the law, they got what they asked for. I still don't think they were wrong in killing him.
so you think that people even when not in direct self-defense should just kill a criminal?
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
so you think that people even when not in direct self-defense should just kill a criminal?
If they are willing to accept that the consequences of that action may include jail, or even death, then sure. Why not?


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
If they are willing to accept that the consequences of that action may include jail, or even death, then sure. Why not?
because the criminal is a fellow human being no matter he/she has or has not done.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
because the criminal is a fellow human being no matter he/she has or has not done.


Sorry but that's my reaction to that statement. I mean sure yeah it depends on the crime, but calling someone who rapes and kills people a fellow human, I think it's a stretch. Not that that's what this guy did though. My point is I've got to agree with Number42, if you know for a FACT that someone did something REALLY REALLY bad and are willing to accept the consequences, I'm not saying it's a great thing, but I wouldn't exactly be crying over the dead guy either.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
because the criminal is a fellow human being no matter he/she has or has not done.
And? I don't see how being a human being implies any sort of inherent value. Ever swatted a fly? It was alive too. What makes that guy's life so special in comparison to the fly?


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
And? I don't see how being a human being implies any sort of inherent value. Ever swatted a fly? It was alive too. What makes that guy's life so special in comparison to the fly?
They are human beings everybody is somebody's somebody so I am wondering how I Earth you could compare a FLY to a human.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
They are human beings everybody is somebody's somebody so I am wondering how I Earth you could compare a FLY to a human.
So they have value because somebody cares for them? That means they have no inherent value, just that applied by other humans. So a fly could just as easily have the same exact value applied if someone were to care about it. At a base level, neither organism has any value, they are just biological machines. We humans have just evolved to have the illusion that we as a species are more important than anything else because it is beneficial to the survival of society and our survival as a species.


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
So they have value because somebody cares for them? That means they have no inherent value, just that applied by other humans. So a fly could just as easily have the same exact value applied if someone were to care about it. At a base level, neither organism has any value, they are just biological machines. We humans have just evolved to have the illusion that we as a species are more important than anything else because it is beneficial to the survival of society and our survival as a species.
I still see NO way how you could compare me killing you say to me killing a fly it is just BEYOND me.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,522
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:32 PM

He probably deserved to be beaten up and put in hospital, if he truly sexually assaulted someone under 18... or anyone tbh. Not sure if killing him is right. Bit extreme, although no doubt it'd be justifiable if done in self defence, whatever the law has to say to that.

Giving them life sentence also extreme. Judge probably stereotyped those kids as "chavs" or something and felt some kind of grudge against them. This is all so full of shit.


"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.


   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
I still see NO way how you could compare me killing you say to me killing a fly it is just BEYOND me.
Because the only value a human has is the value other humans apply to it. People don't have an inherent value, they don't matter any more than that fly. They're just a speck in the universe. It's just a useful evolutionary trait for humans to see other humans as valuable. And, to be honest, if someone is causing damage to other humans, then the value those other humans give them plummets and they really aren't that much better off than the fly in terms of applied value either.


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
Because the only value a human has is the value other humans apply to it. People don't have an inherent value, they don't matter any more than that fly. They're just a speck in the universe. It's just a useful evolutionary trait for humans to see other humans as valuable. And, to be honest, if someone is causing damage to other humans, then the value those other humans give them plummets and they really aren't that much better off than the fly in terms of applied value either.
OK first of people have value seeing as how we do things to benefit other human

Secondly where do you get the idea that criminals families do not put value on their families.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Tiesto Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Tiesto's Avatar
 
Age: 29

Posts: 7
Join Date: December 13th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 14th 2010, 11:31 PM

i like to see that most of the people here that commented like the whole and eye for an eye type of justice,

still ill agree with Emily, two wrongs dont make a right, like if someone assaulted a friend of mine is it right to go and kill that person?

if it is then sign me up
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
OK first of people have value seeing as how we do things to benefit other human

Secondly where do you get the idea that criminals families do not put value on their families.
Saying that humans help other humans isn't an argument for value. That circular reasoning. You have to prove humans have value, otherwise how can helping another human result in value? Yes, humans have evolved to be beneficial to each other because humans who help each other are more likely to survive. It doesn't give someone any inherent value, just makes them a useful, but replaceable part of the machine that is the human race.

I'm not sure where I ever said that. Of course many do put value on their families, but that doesn't mean that there is any actual value. They value them because families who valued other family members and stuck together were more likely to survive in the past, so the trait itself has survived. But just because some humans put value on another human doesn't mean that they have any real value. People put value on their cars, but I've never seen any deep ethical/moral debates over destroying cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Rodriguez Lopez View Post
i like to see that most of the people here that commented like the whole and eye for an eye type of justice,

still ill agree with Emily, two wrongs dont make a right, like if someone assaulted a friend of mine is it right to go and kill that person?

if it is then sign me up
If you accept that you will likely end up in jail or dead, or suffering retaliation yourself, then I I don't see any reason why it isn't. Most people just aren't willing to accept the consequences of the action, so they don't go through with it.


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 12:17 AM

I think the boy was right in what he did, if someone like that hurt the girl I loved I;d do the same thing, although I wouldn't use a knife, I'd get some chloroform and knock him out, then I'd fill him up with a ton of over the counter psuedophedarine and sleeping pills. After he was dead, I'd throw his body out back behind some whore bar, not only would he be dead, he'd look like a druggie. Oh crap, I gave away the plan :P


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
The ANTI-Troll's Avatar
 
Name: ..........
Age: 30
Gender: Trans
Location: nowhere

Posts: 705
Join Date: January 30th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 02:02 AM

meh i doubt i would have given him the easy way out id go SAW on him
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
ThePunkAlien's Avatar
 
Name: Josh
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Location: Hollywood USA

Posts: 777
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 02:18 AM

The teens shouldn't be jailed, yet again I always related to Frank Castle.

I could see the "court's" case if the teens went out to kill when it wasn't ultimately needed. Not saying I agree with it, just according to "law" they would be found guilty unless the guy was killed during the rape - then it would be self-defense (unsure exactly what it's called).


"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: México

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 02:19 AM

He should of just cut his genitals off like the other guy.


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
FlyingTrue's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: United States (FL)

Posts: 1,048
Join Date: March 31st 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 04:15 AM

My assessment is that the justice system failed everyone here. The teens were victims of crimes. The law system did nothing to protect them. The guy obviously had no remorse for his actions and continued to perform acts of provocation which were severe and outrageous enough that the victims acted out against him. Then the law system treated the victims as cold blooded killers as if what they went through didn't matter.

It is absolutely outrageous that now we have two cases where because the authorities failed to appropriately respond in the first place, an even more severe counteraction occurred, and the original true victim is now falling prey to the legal system which he/she was counting on to protect him/her in the first place.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
~Mr. Self Destruct~'s Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Posts: 639
Blog Entries: 8
Join Date: June 16th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 06:10 AM

On all sides there are phenomenal errors.
I dissaporove of the paedophile's actions, the killer's and the court's to some extent, but that doesn't make the murder justified.
It is basically a fucked up situation where the accused parties have all committed wrong and shall be punished for their actions. There's no greater picture here.


One million miles away...
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ARTPOP's Avatar
 
Name: :)
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere

Posts: 1,283
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: September 9th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love dogs View Post
because the criminal is a fellow human being no matter he/she has or has not done.
No , anybody who acts the way he did is NOT a human being . geneticakly , yes , menally , no!




I'm a superstar because I do pageants!
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley:) View Post
No , anybody who acts the way he did is NOT a human being . geneticakly , yes , menally , no!
Does not change the fact that his or her family loves him or her.
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
~Mr. Self Destruct~'s Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Posts: 639
Blog Entries: 8
Join Date: June 16th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley:) View Post
No , anybody who acts the way he did is NOT a human being . geneticakly , yes , menally , no!
I don't believe there's any specific definition of a human mind.
Paedophiles are people, and are considered so legally, despite the strong stance many hold. All claims of "they don't deserve to be human!" and co. are quite irrelevant. I can not exist as a being other than a human, as a frog cannot exist as anything other than a frog. The term "human" is merely a specification of species and/or race, not a title or earned position. I, in no way approve of the man's actions, but neither do I believe in an eye for an eye, or anything to the even further extremities of that (which has occurred here).
Paedophile or not, the accused murderers here have obviously killed another person, regardless of position in society or actions committed. By legal definition, these teens are very much accountable and prosecutable for the full extent of their actions.


One million miles away...

Last edited by ~Mr. Self Destruct~; December 16th 2010 at 01:32 AM.
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 15th 2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber42 View Post
Because the only value a human has is the value other humans apply to it. People don't have an inherent value, they don't matter any more than that fly. They're just a speck in the universe. It's just a useful evolutionary trait for humans to see other humans as valuable. And, to be honest, if someone is causing damage to other humans, then the value those other humans give them plummets and they really aren't that much better off than the fly in terms of applied value either.
If people do not have "real value" as you argue, then on what basis would you justify condemnation of the murdered man's alleged actions? Regardless of whether it is inherent value or implied value by the rules and standards of society, either value exists and applies to all equally or it does not exist and thus cannot be used to determine the wrongfulness or otherwise of actions. You cannot have it both ways in implying harm to someone's person (and the value implied therein) as being conduct warranting punishment and then claim that humans do not have value anyway so as to justify the extrajudicial killing of the alleged perpetrator - that is an inherent contradiction. Either people have value on a universal basis and thereby warrant the protection of the law, or there is no value and the law is meaningless.

Anyway, stabbing someone in the chest 5 times in a pre-planned visit will not fall under the definition of "self defence" in law. Provocation may have been an arguable defence, but again it's questionable how far that would stretch given the number of injuries inflicted and the circumstances of their presence in the man's kitchen in the first place. I can't comment on why the CPS dropped the initial sexual abuse complaint, but to my mind that still does not justify taking the law into one's own hands any more than someone remedying being dealt a bad hand by life in terms of luck by stealing from people to get some extra money. I can understand why the defendants chose to confront the man, but that does not condone what they subsequently did.


"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Nightmare's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 233
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: September 25th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 16th 2010, 02:49 AM

I don't find Kira's killings to be morally injust (most of them at least) and so this I don't find entirely wrong either...the bastard got what was coming to him...I would have at least chopped off his penis and fingers so he couldn't do it again.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
The ANTI-Troll's Avatar
 
Name: ..........
Age: 30
Gender: Trans
Location: nowhere

Posts: 705
Join Date: January 30th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 16th 2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I don't find Kira's killings to be morally injust (most of them at least) and so this I don't find entirely wrong either...the bastard got what was coming to him...I would have at least chopped off his penis and fingers so he couldn't do it again.
yay someone who shares a real view of the world
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
~Mr. Self Destruct~'s Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Posts: 639
Blog Entries: 8
Join Date: June 16th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 16th 2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I don't find Kira's killings to be morally injust (most of them at least) and so this I don't find entirely wrong either...the bastard got what was coming to him...I would have at least chopped off his penis and fingers so he couldn't do it again.
Perhaps forced chemical castration would be more humane?
In all of your suggestions you lack the consideration of human rights laws.
I am most certainly not a supporter of paedophiles, as their actions disgust me. What I am concerned of here is the legal aspect, and why common folk should definitely not have the power to establish laws regarding extreme situations.


One million miles away...
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Kyeto-X's Avatar
 
Name: Will
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: USS Magellan-B On assignment in Delta Quadrant

Posts: 807
Join Date: April 27th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 16th 2010, 03:14 PM

Legally...Yes, i agree with the ruling of the judge and the legal systems definition of a crime. A man died unlawfully and unjustly and two teenagers took an act of revenge that they preserved to be both above and beyond the reach of the law by self-justifying their wrongful action against another wrongful action...

In reality...I have have to agree with Dustin on this. Anyone hurts my baby girl, and the law fails me...I will be setting up a chainsaw maze complete with barb wire trip wires, hatchet-launching cannons, acid filled landmines, terror-inducing hallucinogens, dry ice floors, fire breathing velociraptors, and a demonically processed Furby to top it off...

Moral of the story, I don't tend to think rationally when the safety of the woman I love is involved...


"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"


"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough
*********
 
TheNumber42's Avatar
 
Name: Cody
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 2,145
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 17th 2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyeto-X View Post
Legally...Yes, i agree with the ruling of the judge and the legal systems definition of a crime. A man died unlawfully and unjustly and two teenagers took an act of revenge that they preserved to be both above and beyond the reach of the law by self-justifying their wrongful action against another wrongful action...

In reality...I have have to agree with Dustin on this. Anyone hurts my baby girl, and the law fails me...I will be setting up a chainsaw maze complete with barb wire trip wires, hatchet-launching cannons, acid filled landmines, terror-inducing hallucinogens, dry ice floors, fire breathing velociraptors, and a demonically processed Furby to top it off...

Moral of the story, I don't tend to think rationally when the safety of the woman I love is involved...
My favorite post in this thread. Fire breathing velociraptors <3


~Cody

Normal User
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Alrex's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 29
Gender: Alien
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

Posts: 613
Join Date: June 24th 2010

Re: Teens jailed for killing suspected paedophile - December 17th 2010, 04:31 AM

Someone can't just take the law into their own hands, no matter how right they are.

That's why we have the justice system
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
jailed, killing, paedophile, suspected, teens

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.