TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 16th 2010, 04:52 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/1...ool-board.html

Why has no one posted this yet? Crazy shit

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 16th 2010, 05:03 AM

That's crazy.
The woman actually thought she could over power him...

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 16th 2010, 05:23 AM

Okay, there's several things wrong with this video:

1. What the woman did was dumb. Unless her bag consisted of bricks and she could swing the purse better, then there wasn't any way she was going to knock out that man. It was a poor attempt, and I'm surprised he didn't shoot her in return.

2. Those school board members got really lucky because those were just absolutely terrible shots. I don't know what he was thinking at that point in time.

3. V for Vendetta? Are you kidding me? What an idiot! He got nothing accomplished with that scene. His wife was laid off, whether he liked it or not, and now he's dead. Now his wife has to bare being a single wife with no job. More like R for Retard.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 16th 2010, 12:39 PM

I feel bad for the guy tbh.

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 16th 2010, 01:40 PM

I heard this story on the news.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 16th 2010, 01:58 PM

I was wondering when this was going to be posted. As much as I hate the school boards decisions in this state, props to the lead guy for staying so calm and trying to get the guy to let the others go as well. They are all very lucky he was such a crappy shot.

What I can't imagine is, this was streaming live on the internet. So whoever watches school board meetings on the internet must have been flipping a shit. I mean can you imagine watching that as it's happening and being able to do nothing?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#7 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 17th 2010, 12:08 AM

The school board doesn't even remember laying off his wife, let alone know who she is. For all we know, he might not even have a wife and was acting psycho.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 17th 2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Okay, there's several things wrong with this video:

1. What the woman did was dumb. Unless her bag consisted of bricks and she could swing the purse better, then there wasn't any way she was going to knock out that man. It was a poor attempt, and I'm surprised he didn't shoot her in return.
This. I'm sure her heart was in the right place, but she is lucky to be alive. She should have swung at his head, and with something heavier like a chair. She really should have just stayed out of the way. I mean, in that guys place, I probably would have shot her just on reflex.

Also, I thought it was interesting how he started shooting and the one guy ducked, but everyone else just sat there for 5 seconds dumbfounded. Really, the only reason more people didn't die is dumb luck and a bit of twisted generosity on the man's part.

~Cody

Normal User

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Gunman shoots up school board meeting, gets caught on video - December 17th 2010, 02:18 PM

The video seemed more like a comedy when you look at what happened. First, the main thing accomplished was getting himself shot, that's it. V for Vendetta makes me think he was watching too many movies. Second, the lady who attacked the man. If you watch it, she barely even hits his arm and announces her surprise attack by a war cry. I cant for the life of me think what she hoped to do if she cant swing a bag and hit someone in the head who is less than a foot from her. Saying she is lucky for not getting shot out of her stupidity is putting it lightly. Third, the man had no aim whatsoever despite being fairly close to the individuals. The board members accredit god for that, I accredit the guy being a poor shooter. The guy was a careless shooter and when the first shot rang out, a few of the board members were still sitting upright in shock, he lazily took his time to shoot again. Hell, one of the board members when into a fetal position sitting on the chair after 2 shots were fired! Part of me wonders if he was actually planning on killing anyone or not. Starting with the dumb lady, she could've foiled his plans so it'd make sense to shoot her to prevent that but he didn't even raise his gun at her! Although he shot, the guy seemed to do it without much care and without bothering to take better aim after the first shot missed. Furthermore, when some of the board members tried to take responsibility and the one guy said his life is good with his wife, he's fortunate Duke didn't see it as the guy thumbing his nose at him.

Fourth, suppose he did kill some of the board members. Would that get his wife a job? It's still a 50/50 chance, which is the same chance she would've had when she first applied for her job without gun-wielding husband. Lastly, this was in front of live cameras, so he couldn't take any hostages and he would've been shot by police anyway (or at least arrested for murder on multiple people).

Seems to be an outcome of poor shooting, lots of generosity with letting the individuals live and lots of dumb luck (emphasis on the dumb).

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread