TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
FlyingTrue's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: United States (FL)

Posts: 1,048
Join Date: March 31st 2010

Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 20th 2010, 03:03 AM

In Australia, a 19-year-old girl who has been struggling with anorexia for many years has disappeared.

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/tragi...220-192ra.html

I hope they find her.

Last edited by FlyingTrue; December 20th 2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Updated link to story with one that is more detailed
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 20th 2010, 03:45 AM

Why is this "world" news?


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,261
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 20th 2010, 05:45 AM

Is everything in this forum world news?

Very sad. I hope she is okay.


(RAH)≤ + (AH)≥ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)≤ + OOH + (LA)≤ = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,268
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 20th 2010, 06:01 AM

This is awfully sad. I hope they find her.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,542
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 20th 2010, 07:43 AM

Oh my God, this is horrible! A person missing! Now we have to add her to the list with Tina Bowen, Allin Schofield, Pauline Diaz, Sam Riser, Maurice Bynum, Tyler Thomas, Jean Berlinghoff, Samantha Ann Clarke, Trevor Morse, and the other 250,000 people who run away and go missing each year.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Oh my God, this is horrible! A person missing! Now we have to add her to the list with Tina Bowen, Allin Schofield, Pauline Diaz, Sam Riser, Maurice Bynum, Tyler Thomas, Jean Berlinghoff, Samantha Ann Clarke, Trevor Morse, and the other 250,000 people who run away and go missing each year.
i see you point but this girl is obviously not well and more vulnerable than most.

i hope they find her safe.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,542
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing touch. View Post


i see you point but this girl is obviously not well and more vulnerable than most.

i hope they find her safe.
Is this just because she's anorexic, or do you actually have some legitimate evidence? If so, lay it on me.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lugez's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 929
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Is this just because she's anorexic, or do you actually have some legitimate evidence? If so, lay it on me.
Media likes to sensationalize this stuff. Nothing new.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough
*********
 
udontno's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda Kate
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: VA, USA

Posts: 3,039
Blog Entries: 24
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 05:07 AM

I hope they find her, as well as all of the other missing people.


--A
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing touch. View Post


i see you point but this girl is obviously not well and more vulnerable than most.

And white. I hate to play the race card, but every time a white woman/child goes missing the world screeches to a fucking hault.

If she was male, and/or anything but white, you would not see this crossing oceans as news.


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
emma01's Avatar
 
Name: Emma
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 1,386
Join Date: October 5th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 07:04 AM

I hope they find her just like any other person who goes missing. I dont think she should be given any special treatment, though. Just because she is anorexic it doesn't really make her any more important than a 'normal' 19 year old gone missing.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
losing touch.'s Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 5,996
Blog Entries: 537
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post


Is this just because she's anorexic, or do you actually have some legitimate evidence? If so, lay it on me.
Because of her anorexia.

Quote:
"She requires urgent medical attention - she receives treatment for anorexia and she has missed doctors' appointments," Sergeant Williams said.


..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..



   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
FlyingTrue's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: United States (FL)

Posts: 1,048
Join Date: March 31st 2010

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 11:37 AM

Update, she's been found:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/missi...221-194dr.html
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,542
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing touch. View Post


Because of her anorexia.

I wasn't referring to what the sergeant said, I was referring to what you said...how she's "more vulnerable than most." Based on what?
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough
*********
 
Maloo's Avatar
 
Name: Lissa
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: The US

Posts: 2,585
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 12th 2010

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 03:46 PM

Uh... How could a 19-year old weigh [Edit] and not be dead?

Last edited by Casey.; December 24th 2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight figures.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,261
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post


I wasn't referring to what the sergeant said, I was referring to what you said...how she's "more vulnerable than most." Based on what?
Because she is anorexic.

I get your point too, but there is no need to be a jerk about it.


(RAH)≤ + (AH)≥ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)≤ + OOH + (LA)≤ = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
her_beautiful_mistake's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Female
Location: Britland

Posts: 2,261
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 23rd 2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
Uh... How could a 19-year old weigh [Edit] and not be dead?
Lots of 19 year olds and above weigh that little, or less, and survive. The body is very resilient.

I'm very glad she is okay.


(RAH)≤ + (AH)≥ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)≤ + OOH + (LA)≤ = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

Last edited by Casey.; December 24th 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Removing weight figure in quote.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
kitkat_kate's Avatar
 
Name: Katie
Gender: Female
Location: Nebraska, USA

Posts: 187
Join Date: November 5th 2010

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 24th 2010, 02:34 AM

I'm glad she was found. I can't imagine how scary that situation must have been for her family as well as for her. Thanks for sharing.



i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

  Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough
*********
 
udontno's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda Kate
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: VA, USA

Posts: 3,039
Blog Entries: 24
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 24th 2010, 03:33 AM

I'm glad they found her. She's such a pretty girl.


--A
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,542
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 24th 2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontno View Post
I'm glad they found her. She's such a pretty girl.
What's being pretty have anything to do with it? If she was physically unattractive, would you feel less remorseful?
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough
*********
 
udontno's Avatar
 
Name: Amanda Kate
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: VA, USA

Posts: 3,039
Blog Entries: 24
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Missing Anorexic 19-year-old Girl - December 24th 2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post


What's being pretty have anything to do with it? If she was physically unattractive, would you feel less remorseful?
Her being pretty has nothing to do with it, honestly. That was just a bit of me rambling. I'd clicked the link, read the story, and saw her pictures. Just happened to see she was pretty and I commented on it. No deeper meaning than that.


--A
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
19yearold, anorexic, girl, missing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.