TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 07:45 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're having a super duper day.

That's RIGHT.... a woman calls 911 after McDonald's runs out of McNuggets!!

http://www.wpbf.com/cnn-news/18843229/detail.html

McDonald's was wrong NOT to refund her money - but was it an EMERGENCY?!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CoffeeAddict Offline
legen..wait for it..DARY
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 07:59 AM

Wow...some people will go to extremes to get what they want. Did she think the police were going to arrest the manager if he didn't give her her money back? What does the meal even cost? Some people need common sense kicked into them. She could have complained on their website and they would have sent her vouchers, like they did with my dad when he complained on their website.

Who do you carry that torch for, my young man?
Do you believe in anything?
Or do you carry it around just to burn things down?

Meet me tonight on the turnpike my darling,
where we believe in everything.
If we sweat all these debts then we're sure to drown,
so let's strap ourselves up to this engine now
with our God who we found laying under the back seat.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 08:23 AM

The stupidity of some people in this world never ceases to amaze me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mel Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Mel

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 08:23 AM

Seriously?.. All for McNuggets?!?!

Like Sallee said, they're not *that* great.

∞ 1.16.07 ∞ 7.4.07 ∞ 9.16.08 ∞

Click here to PM me. | Never Give Up ツ

I have not failed.
I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 09:16 AM

Lol, I'd have wanted my money back. While I think only one call was nessisary, they still should have given her the money back. If she had not made such a big deal about it, she could have sued them and had enough for free nuggets for a nice while. xD

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver
  Send a message via AIM to Dasha Send a message via Yahoo to Dasha Send a message via Skype™ to Dasha 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 09:47 AM

Lol they should arrest her.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 10:03 AM

The way the article is written makes it sound like a joke..
but anyway.. I think this woman was absolutely right to get angry, but call the police? That's a bit far. All she had to do was write a letter to mcdonalds and she'd have probably got a similar response, and her money back.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Rob

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 10:09 AM

Ahaha, I like this line: "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one. This is an emergency."

I do think they should have given her her money back, though, since they shouldn't have taken money for a product they didn't stock. While it was only some chicken nuggets, if the same happened with something like a car, you'd expect your money back, so the situation at McDonalds shouldn't be any different.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 03:01 PM

I think the word is fail.

This woman has issues. And yes, Chicken nuggets aren't that great anyway.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 03:06 PM

Why did they make her pay for the nuggets if they didn't have any?

[rant]
It was still stupid of her to call 911. Urgh people like this annoy me I heard that someone sued a supermarket because they tripped over someone's child. Guess what it was their own child. GRRR.
[/rant over]

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 04:12 PM

Heh, this was all over the news, and Lex & Terry this morning. Its like nothing exciting ever happens in FL.

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver
  Send a message via AIM to Dasha Send a message via Yahoo to Dasha Send a message via Skype™ to Dasha 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 05:25 PM

""I'm not going and just giving up my money like that, no, but I'm going to ask them would they please check and see if they have what I want on the menu, and if they tell me yes, then I will order," she said."

Hehe, once burned, twice shy.
That was just a stupid employee and a silly lady who thought that being mistreated in a store means you get to call 911.
I do like McNuggets though...

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]

(#13 (permalink)) Old
jazzberry09 Offline
Lil.Bit.Confused
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jasmine

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 05:46 PM

wow this story just made my day thanks

(#14 (permalink)) Old
damnerama Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ladybug

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 05:53 PM

I think it was idiotic of her to call 911 but I also understand why she did so. It was also not right of mcdonalds to not return her money, because that is all she was asking for.
  Send a message via Skype™ to damnerama 
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 06:01 PM

Stupid woman, you're meant to notify congress AND call the police.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 08:17 PM

Well, yes. The McDonalds staff took her money, wouldn't give her the product she'd paid for, and refused to give her a refund when they couldn't supply her goods. Around here we call that theft. What she did is nothing like as stupid as the article made out.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 4th 2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Well, yes. The McDonalds staff took her money, wouldn't give her the product she'd paid for, and refused to give her a refund when they couldn't supply her goods. Around here we call that theft. What she did is nothing like as stupid as the article made out.
I concur, although part of me thinks she's using the media in order to get more $$$

(#18 (permalink)) Old
molliegym Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 12:51 AM

Hyper Sonic- Duh.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/MOLLYH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]A few clicks will help @TWLOHA win $1 Million for suicide prevention. Please share this with others. Vote here:http://bit.ly/7si7Be

My music

I never conquered, rarely came
Tomorrow holds such better days

Check out my blog, Cold Fusion, with music news, reviews, and other related musings.

Send a message via AIM to molliegym Send a message via MSN to molliegym  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 12:57 AM

Honestly? Over chicken nuggets? People these days.

--A

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 01:06 AM

I don't think mcdonalds will be in her future again

(#21 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 02:16 AM

Over chicken nuggets? O_o They offered her another product. I mean, yeah, it sucks. But 911? Chicken.. police.... wow.

My store didn't offer refunds, either. We always replaced the product. We'd even give you a more expensive product. No money back. Voucher, maybe. If they'd called the police here, they would have been laughed off the phone.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#22 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 02:31 AM

Granted, they did take her money without giving her a product, however, they also gave her the chance to choose something else to make the sale. Calling 911 3 times over some stupid McNuggets is ridiculous. I'm not sure if McDonalds is responsible or not. Since they didn't have a sign out or didn't tell the person when she placed the order that they were out of the McNuggets, I'm not sure if that would count as a sale. I assume it would seeing as how she gave the money. But, had the employee given the money back, it would have gone against the policy of all sales are final. It's somewhat fishy because it could be false advertising: they say they have the product when they don't, however, if they didn't know they didn't have it, I assume that may also count under false advertising. But calling 911 3 times... FAIL.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 03:44 AM

thats sad. really. i thought 911 was meant for people who had real problems like fights people stealing things and whatnot but McDonald's with no nuggets what's this world coming to? that's kind of sad.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 09:42 PM

I DETESTE people who call emergency services when theres no emergency! :@ My mum works for an ambulance service and she sometimes tells me the stupid people that ring up ... and I want to shoot them! One woman apparantly rang the police to get a lift home from somewhere ... and someone else rang the police to go and get their son from the pub because he'd left his phone and dinner was ready @:

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#25 (permalink)) Old
ATP787 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Not getting a refund from a restaurant isn't the type of "theft" that the 9-1-1 emergency system was designed for.

Nonetheless, if the store policy is "no refunds" (no matter how idiotic that may be in this situation), she has no right to misuse that emergency system. Citizens need that system in situations where they are getting shot, mugged, or are having heart attacks/seizures/strokes/etc.. When somebody calls 9-1-1 because they didn't get a refund, the news has every right to make them out as idiotic. In this case, rightfully so.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 10:20 PM

WHY ARE ALL THE FREAKS IN FLORIDA!! At least now I truly understand why I'm such a freak to other people, I guess if you live in Florida long enough you get corrupted. This woman is nuts, plain and simple.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Heaven Sent, to Help You!
Average Joe

Name: Brooke

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 10:42 PM

Is this what the economy come down to? Or Is that chick just fruity?

The world may never know.

So where did everyone go?
And you don't even know
So don't pretend that you do

It's just a set up
For all the failures
Always playing after something cool

Send a message via AIM to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via MSN to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke Basketcase  
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
onesadgummybear Offline
~Im a mouse. Duh!~
Not a n00b

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 10:44 PM

this lady was being rediculous. yea she should have done something to get her money back like asking to see a supervisor or manager or making a complaint on the website. but not calling the police 3 times. somebody should throw mcnuggets at her for being so stupid.

~There's a 30% chance that it's already raining!~

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

(#29 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 5th 2009, 10:55 PM

Wow! Some people.....

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 02:54 AM

She should get her money back. For sure.

Although, you don't need to call 911, someone else needs it more.... maybe the police at best.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niente_ View Post
and someone else rang the police to go and get their son from the pub because he'd left his phone and dinner was ready @:
Oh man, that's actually kind of funny
But in all seriousness, you can be charged for misusing 911.
McDonald's should have given her money back.. but they didn't. The woman didn't have to call the police; she could've filed a complaint or spoken to the manager. Misusing the emergency lines means less time for REAL emergencies

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:

There is a huge bold line between what you deal with yourself and what you can call 911 for. I'd much rather have the line open for when I'm dying of a heart attack than when some lady wants her chicken nuggets. And what McDonald's did was perfectly legal.

I do agree with Jack, she forgot congress.

Anyway. Call the manager, call the main McDonald's if you must - I agree, I would be pretty pissed off. Like, I came there for nuggets, not some other food. But I wouldn't be idiotic enough to call 911...

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 07:47 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're having a wonderful McDay!!

I'm not sure that all of you READ the ENTIRE article!!

Here was the response from McDonald's.

"Carlos Solorzano, operations manager for all McDonald's restaurants in Florida, issued a statement Tuesday apologizing for the incident."Satisfying each and every customer that visits our restaurants is very important to us," Solorzano said. "Regarding this isolated incident, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. In the event that we are unable to fill an order, a customer should be offered the choice of a full refund or alternative menu items. We regret that in this instance, that wasn't the case."We want to correct our mistake. We will be sending the customer her refund, along with an invitation to return for her original order, on us. We never want to disappoint a McNuggets fan or any McDonald's customer. Customer satisfaction is our top priority."

Which is exactly what SHOULD have happened. No doubt - stories like that are nothing but a pain the back side for McDonald's.

Did the customer overreact?! Of course she did. Now if she paid for a Fillet of Fish and didn't get it OR her money back - well - that's a different story. I - for one - would have set the restaurant on fire - waited for a little while - and then phoned the fire department. LOL

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 08:59 AM

she should'e written to McDonalds and complained, instead of calling the police. or sold her story to a newspaper :P

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidig View Post

There is a huge bold line between what you deal with yourself and what you can call 911 for. I'd much rather have the line open for when I'm dying of a heart attack than when some lady wants her chicken nuggets. And what McDonald's did was perfectly legal.

I do agree with Jack, she forgot congress.

Anyway. Call the manager, call the main McDonald's if you must - I agree, I would be pretty pissed off. Like, I came there for nuggets, not some other food. But I wouldn't be idiotic enough to call 911...
"The manager just took my money and won't give me my money back, trying to make me get something off the menu that I don't want," is what she said, so she'd already talked to the manager. She didn't have a receipt, so writing to higher management would probably have been fruitless. And if it's legal to accept money for a product that you have no intention of supplying in the US, there's a major gap in the law. Yes, using the emergency number was probably the wrong thing to do. But thanks to the behaviour of the McDonalds staff she had few options.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
broken_ice Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dally Angell

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 01:09 PM

WOW. . . what an epic fail lol

Offending people is easy, being politically correct is a pain in the butt.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 01:45 PM

Give her a value meal that will keep her quite

(#38 (permalink)) Old
VanishingActs Offline
~kiss it better~
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 6th 2009, 03:18 PM

What a sensible thing to do. I'm suprised they didn't get a helicopter to bring them over from another restaurent for her...

Live on love.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
8evey8 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Evey

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 8th 2009, 12:41 AM

lol i saw the same thing on cops, only she called 911 cause the pzza man didn't give her the right pizza.

wat a fuckin waste!

(#40 (permalink)) Old
footfoot Offline
My pal's name is foot foot.
Average Joe

Re: Woman Calls 911 Afer McDonald's Runs Out of McNuggets - March 11th 2009, 11:00 PM

As I heard it, people have been calling her and leaving death threats.
She apologized and said she didn't understand the nature of 911.

It seems ridiculous, but many people DONT know what 911 is for. It is this general number that many think is a "help line" you can call whenever you want. Like to get rid of traffic or ... get McNuggets.

I think this shows how we need more eduction on exactly what 911 is.

On a similar note: does anyone know what number you're supposed to call in a non emergency, but still in need of cops? (e.g. a house broken into or a couch in the road).

I'd assume it's your local police station, but I'm not sure.

Closed Thread