TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 11:32 AM

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...storyid=102206
Quote:
A former WWE wrestler has been found dead in his Tampa apartment. Andrew Martin, better known as Test, was found dead by Tampa Police around 8:00 Friday night. Police were called to his home for a welfare check after a neighbor said she could see into his apartment at Post Harbor Apartments and noticed that Test appeared motionless for several hours. Right now, Police say they don't think there was any foul play involved. An autopsy will be done to determine the cause of death. Andrew "Test" Martin was a former World Wrestling Entertainment Intercontinental, European, and Hardcore Champion, as well as a Tag-Team Champion. Most recently, Martin worked for NWA-TNA Wrestling under the name "The Punisher" Andrew Martin. Test was 33 years old, he died just days before his 34th birthday.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lee Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lee Awesome

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 11:35 AM

It was four days from his 34th birthday. Wrestling seems to be becoming one of the top ten 'die young' jobs =\

I was actually pretty sad when I found out (found out on another wrestling site) and I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he died from.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 11:46 AM

My guess would be steriods.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicola

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 02:41 PM

When I read this I thought steroids too. Would be typical of the wrestling career.

---
- I'm not strong enough to stay away -
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
- So hard to choose between the pleasure and the pain -
---
  Send a message via MSN to Barbed Lungs  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 04:20 PM

Could be a lot of things. It's a well-known fact that wrestling increases the chances of dying young dramatically.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 04:21 PM

These things happen. I'm not at all surprise, if you're in physical fights for most of your life then you can expect to die early

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic View Post
These things happen. I'm not at all surprise, if you're in physical fights for most of your life then you can expect to die early
They don't actually fight its fake.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic View Post
There's no fighting, it's fake. The injuries however may be real at times but the fighting in the ring is nonsense.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 09:04 PM

Awww, that's sad.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
whataboutmegan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 14th 2009, 10:42 PM

My brother told me about this earlier, he is really into watching wrestling and follows the WWE and pretty much any other wrestling. It's really sad for somebody to die so young.
  Send a message via MSN to whataboutmegan  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 15th 2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
There's no fighting, it's fake. The injuries however may be real at times but the fighting in the ring is nonsense.

who cares if the fights are staged? i'm no fan of wrestling, but there is a lot of physical risk involved. some of it is probably even riskier than actual fighting (throwing your body through a table, taking a chair shot, etc...even if they are trick tables, chairs, etc.)...so whether or not the outcomes are scripted isn't even important to whether or not his death was a result of his career.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
primus diddy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 15th 2009, 03:22 AM

I would assume that it has to do with more than just his career. It bet it's a pretty unhealthy lifestyle. These people make a ton of money, travel all the time, have to eat a lot in order to maintain their physique, and what free time they do have I'm sure is taken up by a lot of drugs and women.

Not to mention any steroids or eating too many of the wrong kinds of proteins, etc.

So yeah, it's their career but not necessarily the actual nature of their jobs.

Searching my heart for its true sorrow,
This is the thing I find it to be:
That I am weary of words and people,
Sick of the city, wanting the sea;

Wanting the sticky, salty sweetness
Of the strong wind and shattered spray;
Wanting the loud sound and the soft sound
Of the big surf that breaks all day.

-Exiled, Edna St. Vincent Millay

(#13 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 15th 2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_ImJordan View Post
who cares if the fights are staged? i'm no fan of wrestling, but there is a lot of physical risk involved. some of it is probably even riskier than actual fighting (throwing your body through a table, taking a chair shot, etc...even if they are trick tables, chairs, etc.)...so whether or not the outcomes are scripted isn't even important to whether or not his death was a result of his career.
Then you didn't clearly read what I said. Allow me to quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare
Did I ever say no physical risks are involved? No. Read carefully what people write.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 15th 2009, 06:36 PM

It's awfully difficult to read a whole sentence carefully. You said the fights are nonsense, and that the injuries can be real "at times"...which, to me, says that you think there is a rarely any risk involved and that dying as a direct result of that career is not likely. it's all about subtext.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 16th 2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
It's awfully difficult to read a whole sentence carefully. You said the fights are nonsense, and that the injuries can be real "at times"...which, to me, says that you think there is a rarely any risk involved and that dying as a direct result of that career is not likely. it's all about subtext.
No, that's called twisting words around. If injuries are only real "at times", it doesn't mean there's rarely any risk. It means the people don't often get injured, which says nothing about the risk. The dying part is even more word-twisting you're doing. Read a whole sentence carefully and don't twist around people's words.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 16th 2009, 11:20 PM

Guys? This is more about his death than whether wrestling itself is "real" or not, isn't it? Let's all take some deep breaths, please.

There's no reasoning behind his death at this time, as far as autopsy results. I actually saw him perform once at Nashville back around 2000, and this really saddens me to see. :-/

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 17th 2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourNightmare View Post
No, that's called twisting words around. If injuries are only real "at times", it doesn't mean there's rarely any risk. It means the people don't often get injured, which says nothing about the risk. The dying part is even more word-twisting you're doing. Read a whole sentence carefully and don't twist around people's words.
it's in the subtext. i twisted no words.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 17th 2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
it's in the subtext. i twisted no words.
It's twisting the words. You're making them mean something I didn't intend and I made it pretty clear what I meant. This "subtext" is simply you twisting the words around. If you're going to counter by saying "no it's all in the subtext", then just give up. It won't do any of us good going back and forth like a "yes-no-yes-no" debate.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 17th 2009, 02:19 AM

what i said originally was that whether or not the fights are staged is irrelevant to this topic, which it is. there was no need for that comment, and that's about all there is to say about it

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 17th 2009, 03:13 PM

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...icle984517.ece .......They found steriods and pain killers in Andrews Apartment.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Hi_ImJordan Offline
Average Joe

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 17th 2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...icle984517.ece .......They found steriods and pain killers in Andrews Apartment.

allow me to apologize for turning your thread into an argument. I'm really sorry.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 18th 2009, 01:41 AM

Man every thread gets into a argument over a different topic lol no apologize needed.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Former WWE Wrestler found dead in Tampa apartment - March 19th 2009, 03:29 AM

i feel sorry for the guy, no matter what the cause of death. when you're famous like you would be in the wwe you would be under alot of preesure all the time, it would suck

You're amazing just the way you are

Closed Thread