TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
jenpiglet17 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
jenpiglet17's Avatar
 
Name: Jen
Gender: Female
Location: Buffalo, NY

Posts: 148
Join Date: November 11th 2010

NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 04:08 AM

http://911blogger.com/news/2011-08-1...rsary-ceremony


Abso-fucking-lutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! These people weren't invited 10 years ago, but they showed up and did what they're trained to do!!! No respect... Mr. Bloomberg has done it again... It's bullshit. They risked their lives to help out. Maybe next time volunteers should step back and let the politicians and those with tickets step up to the plate.



A computer once beat me at chess,
but it was no match for me at kickboxing!

I'm always here if you want to talk!
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 04:25 AM



Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 04:39 AM



Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while
********
 
Heretic's Avatar
 
Name: [060191.1723]
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: 43.337557, -89.638498

Posts: 1,695
Blog Entries: 9
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 05:11 AM

Certainly sounds awful, but I'd like to see citations and sources of this story from a news organization, not a blog.


Ethos
Pathos
Logos

050516.0029
  Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
jenpiglet17 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
jenpiglet17's Avatar
 
Name: Jen
Gender: Female
Location: Buffalo, NY

Posts: 148
Join Date: November 11th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 05:14 AM

the links are at the bottom of the blog..CNN is the first one



A computer once beat me at chess,
but it was no match for me at kickboxing!

I'm always here if you want to talk!
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 06:32 AM

I'm fine if the first-responders are honoured at a different time, providing it's within a short time after the victim's families are honoured. Honouring them at a different place is bullshit. However, the fact they weren't honoured in the past 9 years, sort of implies his office is lying through their arses.

Given this constant disrespect to first-responders and adding insult to injury, how exactly has this guy continued to be a mayor for the past several years? I don't even live in New York but if I did, his actions already put a bad taste in my mouth.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Pelios's Avatar
 
Name: Andrea
Gender: Female
Location: Mťxico

Posts: 3,691
Blog Entries: 48
Join Date: January 17th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 06:40 AM

No room for Heros?



[/s]


Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
MegaMadness's Avatar
 
Name: Megan
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Aussie Land

Posts: 5,564
Blog Entries: 16
Join Date: October 11th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 11:21 AM

This is just plain wrong.


Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Harmony♥'s Avatar
 
Name: Shannon
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: IRAW!

Posts: 5,741
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: March 31st 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 06:32 PM

Disgusting. Next time something like this happens, God forbid of course, let's see Micheal Bloomberg go out there and see if he can save lives like the NYPD/FDNY did! Loser.











I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant




HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Stargazed.'s Avatar
 

Posts: 3,532
Join Date: October 3rd 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 24th 2011, 06:49 PM

Unbelievable.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Fabrication's Avatar
 
Name: Fallon
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: Kansas

Posts: 585
Blog Entries: 4
Join Date: April 20th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 28th 2011, 09:25 PM



"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - August 28th 2011, 10:36 PM

So it's the 10th anniversary of a day when first responders really put their necks on the line (with several paying the price as a result), and yet Mayor Bloomberg doesn't think they have a place at the ceremony. Right...

Seriously, how does this man stay in office with so little common sense? And in New York of all places? The mind boggles, it really does.


"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
oldaccount's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,205
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 30th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 4th 2011, 09:23 PM

I won't even read this. I'll get too pissed.

Bull fucking shit.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
oldaccount's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,205
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 30th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 4th 2011, 09:25 PM

I read it. This is absolutely unbelievable. they're not going to want to go for themselves. The girl even said, she wanted to go to pay her tribute. How fucked up is this??
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough
*********
 
Batman.'s Avatar
 
Name: Julz
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,724
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: December 14th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 4th 2011, 10:26 PM

It's because the firefighters and police officers, after their investigations, have found evidence that 9/11 was caused by the US Government, not by "Terrorists". George W Bush just wanted an excuse to start war.


Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation



   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 4th 2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
It's because the firefighters and police officers, after their investigations, have found evidence that 9/11 was caused by the US Government, not by "Terrorists". George W Bush just wanted an excuse to start war.
I pray to God that you're just trolling, and don't believe that idiocy.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while
********
 
TigerTank77's Avatar
 
Name: Ben
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: NY

Posts: 1,534
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 5th 2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
It's because the firefighters and police officers, after their investigations, have found evidence that 9/11 was caused by the US Government, not by "Terrorists". George W Bush just wanted an excuse to start war.
Please, I've having a very nice day. Don't make me get into another argument where I have to sling a tanker ship full of truth onto some conspiracy loving "rebel."


Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.





  Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
oldaccount's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,205
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 30th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 5th 2011, 08:23 PM

Where's your proof, troll? Just blame the US government, because we're the ones who flew the fucking plane into the buildings. We wanted to kill thousands of people. WTF???
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
Blackwing's Avatar
 
Name: Zack
Gender: Male
Location: Arizona(Usa)

Posts: 2,830
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 5th 2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyWorthless View Post
Where's your proof, troll? Just blame the US government, because we're the ones who flew the fucking plane into the buildings. We wanted to kill thousands of people. WTF???
Hitler dressed his men up as jews and staged many events just to rowdy up germans so its not surprising.


  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
kadyCHAOS's Avatar
 
Name: kady
Age: 29
Gender: Female

Posts: 523
Join Date: January 24th 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 5th 2011, 09:45 PM

this is disgusting first off. it really pisses me off to see this reguardless of what you believe those first responders did their jobs and they should be recognized.

oh and secondly for book keeping sakes its FDNY, not NYFD.




   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 5th 2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✖Truth✖ View Post
Hitler dressed his men up as jews and staged many events just to rowdy up germans so its not surprising.
Nice to see you again, Godwin's Law.
On a more serious note, I think comparisons between the actions of the Nazi regime in implementing a well-publicised ethnic cleansing campaign and the cumulative actions of the Bush administration are so wide of the mark that they probably don't even know what the mark is. Bush had his faults, but that's not remotely in the same ballpark.


"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
messed_up Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
messed_up's Avatar
 
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: New York, USA

Posts: 36
Join Date: February 13th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 6th 2011, 01:48 AM

I live in NY and I lived there when the towers went down and I personally agree with Mayor Bloomberg that it is more important that the family members of those who where killed that day be able to attend rather then the 3,000 first responders. The first responders should and do have other events in their honor. Just last week i was in Columbus circle at the Time Warner Center and they had a huge desplay all over the mall with posters and bio's of the first reponders. The first resonders have many ceremonies at ground zero but I think on the 10th anniversary it is more important that all the family members attend and they physically cannot fit them and the 3,000 responders.


What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
oldaccount's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,205
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 30th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 6th 2011, 11:45 PM

For the record Hitler was the devil incarnate. And he wasn't part of a government.
And don't you think the people who sacrificed their lives want to be there to give support???
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Halo345 Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Halo345's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 25
Gender: Other
Location: Uk

Posts: 492
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: February 2nd 2009

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 7th 2011, 12:07 AM

I'm honestly not surprised the entire NYPD and FDNY force was not invited. Partly due to the large number personal, but also cues the security will be so tight for this event, it's not even funny.

But I do believe the family members of the 343 firefighters that died should be invited.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 7th 2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyWorthless View Post
For the record Hitler was the devil incarnate. And he wasn't part of a government.
And don't you think the people who sacrificed their lives want to be there to give support???
Riiiiiight, sure the man was a nutjob, but the Devil incarnate, certainly not. I don't think throwing around "Devil, Antichrist, etc." add to an argument, anyway I'd throw my bets on Stalin, but no one is the Devil incarnate, that's idiotic.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough
*********
 
oldaccount's Avatar
 

Posts: 3,205
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: March 30th 2011

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 10th 2011, 06:38 PM

Killed thousands of people just for the hell of it. Wouldn't you say that's going a little bit farther then 'a nutjob'?
And either way, yeah, the large amount of people may sort of restrict the attendance, but its still fucked up.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
~Mr. Self Destruct~'s Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Australia

Posts: 639
Blog Entries: 8
Join Date: June 16th 2010

Re: NYPD/NYFD NOT allowed at 9/11 Anniversary Ceremony - September 11th 2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyWorthless View Post
For the record Hitler was the devil incarnate. And he wasn't part of a government.
And don't you think the people who sacrificed their lives want to be there to give support???
...What? He was the very HEAD of the Government in Nazi Germany.
All of that aside, I can see the reasoning behind why those individuals aren't allowed at the ceremony, yet I still think it's bullshit. They had no political motives whatsoever and simply saved individuals. I'd be thanking these people years before I'd utter "God bless America".


One million miles away...
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
9 or 11, allowed, anniversary, ceremony, nypd or nyfd

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.