TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

The Last of the Mohicans. - August 26th 2011, 11:34 PM

I was watching a video (Last of the Mohicans theme song!) this evening on YouTube. I saw a few posts that said people needed to stop talking about government, so I went back until I found the posts, out of curiosity... I found several, but this one really stuck out at me:

Quote:
I agree. The government sucks, for everyone. We're forced to go to school to be able to work, to work behind a desk to pay taxes, to reproduce to keep everything running. We're only numbers, constantly ignored - it's only those in the goverment who's opinions matter. We have a right to protest, but no one ever does anything.

My town is full of drugs, young pregnancy, and corrupt government. Nothing is done for us because my town and state has a low population.
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygNuRpwZqRU - Comments, Page 11]

What do you think about this?

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: The Last of the Mohicans. - August 27th 2011, 01:59 PM

What do I think? I think people can change the government if they really gave a damn. But, nobody does anything.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: The Last of the Mohicans. - August 27th 2011, 05:21 PM

If you're going to take YouTube comments seriously, you're going to have a tough life.

Come on.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: The Last of the Mohicans. - August 27th 2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
If you're going to take YouTube comments seriously, you're going to have a tough life.

Come on.
That's the great thing about the internet. Any idiot can make any ignorant, moronic, discriminatory, uneducated or misguided comment in complete anonymity. If this person thinks that they get nothing out of their government, then they must not drive on roads or rely on the police to keep their neighborhood safe.

Yes, there are things that almost anyone can find to dislike about the government, but to flat-out say that it's all bad (especially in well-developed industrial and post-industrial countries like those of Western Europe, the United States, Canada and Australia) is nothing more than a blatant display of ignorance.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: The Last of the Mohicans. - August 27th 2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post

That's the great thing about the internet. Any idiot can make any ignorant, moronic, discriminatory, uneducated or misguided comment in complete anonymity. If this person thinks that they get nothing out of their government, then they must not drive on roads or rely on the police to keep their neighborhood safe.

Yes, there are things that almost anyone can find to dislike about the government, but to flat-out say that it's all bad (especially in well-developed industrial and post-industrial countries like those of Western Europe, the United States, Canada and Australia) is nothing more than a blatant display of ignorance.

Yeah. I can see where you're coming from. I can't quite agree with this YouTube commentor, anyway.

I'm totally fine with working, because I know that if I want to, I can become anything I want to -- in my case, being a singer and poet -- and find a job that makes me happy and that does some good in the world.

The only thing I wish is that we could have more of a say in things, or at least that they'd bother to explain to us what they're doing and the reasons they're doing it before they do something. Like when our government sent all that money over to Africa, when we're already in debt.

But that's already said and done, so I'm not gonna go quarreling about that.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Closed Thread