TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 7th 2011, 01:18 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

The crazy things you hear about these days:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/29097998/detail.html

The thing I don't get, is why police also filed charges against the victim.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 7th 2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
The thing I don't get, is why police also filed charges against the victim.
Quote:
Police also charged the victim with disruption of a public school because she initially participated in the piercing.
Det. Mike Whitlow of the Fayetteville Police Department told Choi the girl originally asked to have the piercing, but changed her mind.
That would be why.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Thumbs down Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 7th 2011, 01:30 AM

Tsk tsk.

It wasn't like this in my day.

Actually, it was just as bad. I once saw a guy have bleach poured over his head because his friends thought it would be a good idea to dye his hair blonde.

I am glad that all parties were charged, maybe it will teach them a lesson. Plus, let's face it, police have better things to spend their time doing than dealing with crap like this.

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 7th 2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Poppins View Post
It wasn't like this in my day.

Actually, it was just as bad. I once saw a guy have bleach poured over his head because his friends thought it would be a good idea to dye his hair blonde.
First, ouch!

Second, WTF?! It just seems like the things teens do :/ But holding her down against her will could be classed as something I suppose. Being fair, this seems a silly story to ghet into the news

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 7th 2011, 11:54 AM

What idiots.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 10th 2011, 03:54 AM

The victim is not innocent in this because it seems she started the whole event by wanting someone 4-years her elder to give her a piercing. It baffles me why someone would give a piercing to someone years younger in a very public area that may not be sanitized and why someone would want to having a piercing while in that environment. If the 13-year old really wanted the piercing from someone, surely she'd go to a more private area with trusted people. It's like doing crack, you're not going to do crack at school because of the risks of getting caught as there are numerous witnesses.

As for the 17-year old, she's stuck between a rock and a hard place because even if someone said she's not to blame for forcing the piercing, it cannot be denied she complied to initially do a piercing while being untrained. I am curious though as to what she got in return for doing the piercing because she went out of her way to do this and got 2 accomplices with her, who may also have received some sort of reward from the 13-year old. By forcing the piercing, it makes me think she wanted her reward quite badly, otherwise, she'd have stopped when asked.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 10th 2011, 04:30 AM

Why the hell would anyone get their belly button peirced? Please tell me.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 12th 2011, 06:34 AM

I think what the victim did was dumb, but she shouldn't have been charged. There could have been a lot of coercion involved, she is very young, and I just don't think she understood her actions until she was faced with the needle.

That's such a weird story.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said ďit hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
cassie.x Offline
Last of the english roses.
Average Joe

Name: cassie

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 12th 2011, 07:17 PM

ouch, sounds very painfull indeed!
Although, i don't beleive the victim should have been charged, she's a young girl who had a bad idea, and then later changed her mind and the other people did it anyway, from what i understand.
Everyone has the right to change their mind..

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Teen Girl Held Down, Pierced Against Her Will By Other Students At High School - September 13th 2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee❤ View Post
I think what the victim did was dumb, but she shouldn't have been charged. There could have been a lot of coercion involved, she is very young, and I just don't think she understood her actions until she was faced with the needle.

That's such a weird story.
True, there could have been coercion involved, although I find that strange (then again the story is strange so it goes with the theme). Why would 3 people, each of whom are several years older than the girl, decide to coerce her into getting a naval piercing?

I think she was fully aware of her actions, there's not that much to comprehend. A needle goes through a part of your body, pokes a hole and you stick a metal or plastic thing in there.

Why shouldn't have she been charged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni182x View Post
ouch, sounds very painfull indeed!
Although, i don't beleive the victim should have been charged, she's a young girl who had a bad idea, and then later changed her mind and the other people did it anyway, from what i understand.
Everyone has the right to change their mind..
True, everyone has the right to change their mind. However, the girl initiated the disruption on school grounds by wanting a naval piercing on school grounds. What happened afterward may have not been her fault but it was fruit of the poisonous tree. In other words, what happened afterward would have never occurred if the young girl did not initially do what she did. I would only support her not being charged if the others were also not charged.

Why do you believe she shouldn't have been charged?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread