TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Four Muslim Terrorists Arrested in Sweden - September 13th 2011, 09:26 AM

"Four terror suspects held in Swedish city of Gothenburg

Four people have been arrested in Sweden on suspicion of preparing a terror attack, police say.

They were detained in the west coast city of Gothenburg, security police officials were quoted as saying.

The arrests followed the evacuation of the city's Roda Sten arts centre overnight because of a terror threat.

Some 400 people were celebrating the opening of an international festival for contemporary art when police ordered them to leave the building.

"Around midnight I was called out by the police and they said there was a threat to the building and asked us to quietly stop the party, which we did and everyone left," head of the centre, Mia Christersdotter Norman, told The Associated Press.

"Police have searched the building but they didn't find anything."

Swedish police have given few further details about the arrests in Gothenburg, Sweden's second biggest city.

But the Swedish news agency TT reports that the four were detained near the arts centre.

The incident comes on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in the US, but it is not clear if there is a link.

Sweden raised its terror alert level from low to elevated last November because of a "shift in activities" among Swedish-based groups thought to be plotting attacks.

Suicide bomber Taimour Abdulwahab blew himself up in the centre of Stockholm during the busy Christmas shopping period last December, injuring two people."

Source

"Muslims arrested for preparing to commit acts of terrorism in Gothenburg

The night before September 11 four men were arrested at the Central Station in Gothenburg , the second largest city of Sweden, suspected of preparing criminal terrorist activity. At the same time the police sealed off the area around the Älvsborg bridge, the Röda Sten art exhibition hall, and the Swedish Transport Agency. Between 300 and 400 people were also evacuated from the inauguration of the Göteborg International Biennial for Contemporary Art.

The four were arrested on Sunday on suspicion of conspiring to commit terrorist acts. The four are 26-year-old Abdi Mahamud, 25-year-old Abdi Mohamud, 23-year-old Salar Mahmood and 24-year-old Mohamud Kulan.

Abdi Mahamud was born in Somalia and moved to Sweden on October 26, 1999.

Abdi Mohamud was born in Somalia and came to Sweden on December 30, 1991. He moved from Sweden October 26, 2007, and returned on January 9, 2008. He then moved again from Sweden August 18, 2008 and returned on June 12, 2009. He is a citizen of Great Britain and was sentenced on January 13, 2009, for assault to probation and fines.

Salar Mahmood was born in Iraq and came to Sweden on October 24, 1996.

Mohamud Kulan was born in Somalia and came to Sweden on March 19, 1993.

According to information provided to the tabloid Expressen, the detainees have links to the Muslim groups al-Shabab and Al Qaeda.

Two of those arrested demanded explicitly to be defended by lawyers Ulf Ahlstedt and Björn Sjölander.

One noteworthy fact is that Ahlstedt and Sjölander also defended 49-year-old Omar Rashaed Khalayleh and 28-year-old Mohamed Khalaili, who were arrested in late October last year on suspicion of preparing to commit terrorist acts. That case was, however, cancelled in November.

It is at the present moment still not clear what the target was for the suspected terrorist act on the anniversary of 9/11. The Älsvborg bridge is a well known symbol of Gothenburg and Islamists have previously shown a tendency to attack infrastructure. Artist Lars Vilks, who has been the target of Islamists abuse since his drawings of the Prophet Muhammad as a dog, had written on his blog that he was planning to visit the Göteborg International Biennial for Contemporary Art. However, he did not attend Röda Sten yesterday."

Source

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Four Muslim Terrorists Arrested in Sweden - September 13th 2011, 10:58 AM

Oh lovely.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Four Muslim Terrorists Arrested in Sweden - September 14th 2011, 06:03 AM

Obviously the important part of this is that they were Muslim.

[That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't clear]

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Four Muslim Terrorists Arrested in Sweden - September 14th 2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xujhan View Post
Obviously the important part of this is that they were Muslim.

[That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't clear]
Well there was that nutter in Norway who blew up an Island of Liberals, he attacked their youth camp I think. Anyway, I was differentiating here, as to avoid drawing up memory of the Norway attacks.

Closed Thread