TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Thrive - September 16th 2011, 02:05 AM

http://ThriveMovement.com/

Everyone please watch...
let's discuss

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 04:44 AM

I have to say, I was completely confused. It starts off with UFO theories by showing various symbols that were made in non-human ways, which somehow relates to the government suppressing information on effective energy, which somehow relates to changing the world, money is tossed all over the place and it ends by advocating for "greener" forms of energy. There were no progressions between these ideas, no arguments, no nothing, just a bunch of ideas tossed together in a short clip. Perhaps there was an underlying theme of symbols occurring all over the world but I don't see how that has to do with the rest of what was mentioned in the video. If there was one underlying coherent theme, it escapes me. Can you explain to me what the video was about?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 04:50 AM

So crop circles were left by aliens because they want us to have clean power? And Exxon doesn't want us to access the aliens because they like controlling the world?

Whaaaaaat?

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 08:39 AM

No, no, no!

They are certainly mistaken. You see, Marathon Oil (now owned by Husky Energy) has already discovered what might be referred to as "Transgenic Matter", which can be used at nearly 10% efficiency which is nearly 10,000x more efficient then normal coal burning plants, something the size of a tennis ball could power the world for a month. Because of this, coal the size a tennis ball can be sent through a series of lasers firing high wavelength beams capable of ionizing the coal into a phospholuminscent form of coal, carrying an extra H atom, with one less electron, therefore simply a Proton. Because of this, when the coal is burnt, all the energy from the Proton is released, and can create nearly unlimited energy.

But you see, in 2010, Exxon, discovered the same research, but their main drilling rig caught fire and spilled into the Gulf of Mexico (You might remember the major amount of news this got), while it was actually perpetrated by Marathon Oil, it was fully blamed on Exxon because Marathon was able to buy off a good portion of the United States govt. by promising them exclusive use of their technology for the upcoming E-Series of Aircraft Carriers if they were to blame Exxon, thereby forcing them to have to shut down many research labs to save the money needed to pay back the United States Govt. It's all a big conspiracy against emergent technologies.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
No, no, no!

They are certainly mistaken. You see, Marathon Oil (now owned by Husky Energy) has already discovered what might be referred to as "Transgenic Matter", which can be used at nearly 10% efficiency which is nearly 10,000x more efficient then normal coal burning plants, something the size of a tennis ball could power the world for a month. Because of this, coal the size a tennis ball can be sent through a series of lasers firing high wavelength beams capable of ionizing the coal into a phospholuminscent form of coal, carrying an extra H atom, with one less electron, therefore simply a Proton. Because of this, when the coal is burnt, all the energy from the Proton is released, and can create nearly unlimited energy.

But you see, in 2010, Exxon, discovered the same research, but their main drilling rig caught fire and spilled into the Gulf of Mexico (You might remember the major amount of news this got), while it was actually perpetrated by Marathon Oil, it was fully blamed on Exxon because Marathon was able to buy off a good portion of the United States govt. by promising them exclusive use of their technology for the upcoming E-Series of Aircraft Carriers if they were to blame Exxon, thereby forcing them to have to shut down many research labs to save the money needed to pay back the United States Govt. It's all a big conspiracy against emergent technologies.
*Wipes tear from eye*

That was beautiful. You are a master.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 09:17 PM

This movement brought to you by:

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 09:31 PM

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 10:14 PM

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Thrive - September 16th 2011, 10:27 PM

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Thrive - September 17th 2011, 01:39 PM

Yep, I'm confused

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#11 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Thrive - September 17th 2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMadness View Post
Yep, I'm confused

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Thrive - September 17th 2011, 07:26 PM

CAUTION: [begin rant]

Projects and conspiracy theories like these make me a bit disgusted at the lack of scientific literacy that still lingers in our society. It's great that someone is taking the initiative to try to discern problems in our society and thinking of ways to reverse/eliminate them, but doing so by turning to the (well-debunked) cryptic-seeming crop circles and conspiracy theorists is pure ignorance; neigh, cognitive dissonance. He claims to have discovered a "code" inherent in art and symbols, but fails to acknowledge any relevance in science or mathematics, continuing to superimpose some ambiguous geometric patterns onto completely unrelated images to make it seem scientific. Note how the "cosmologist/
inventor" states that the patterns exist at the molecular level. Guess how many academic papers/journal articles/scholarly reports support this. Go ahead. Just guess.

Adam Trombly, a physicist interviewed in the video, is a crackpot who, from what I can tell, has no discernible background -- every biography of him (sparse as they may be) omits the work he did before he entered "Project Earth", and I have found absolutely no evidence of his academic degrees or scholarly papers. The only notable work he's written is a patent (from 1982), which is essentially a complication of Faraday's disk designed to make it more stable and less susceptible to overheating -- which to date has not been created to operate anywhere near the target capacity. A pseudo-scientist at the very best, unless someone has the resources to challenge that statement. He professes that

Quote:
The suppression of UFO phenomena is hand in hand with the suppression of so-called "free energy".
Anyone who has taken a high-school level course in physics or chemistry is aware that the laws of thermodynamics (long-established and supported by every piece of data taken since their inception) absolutely deny the notion of "free-energy". A self-proclaimed physicist who believes that free-energy exists (despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary) and connects it to unverified UFO cover-ups is akin to an astrologer, or worse, in my eyes.

Stephen Greer is a medical physician and ufologist (whose only papers deal with medicine and biology). Making ASTROPHYSICAL claims that have NO EVIDENCE. Any words are superfluous here.

Guile, I truly apologize if what you said was satirical (I strongly suspect it was), but because I'm in such a frustrated rage from the beginning of this post I just thought I'd cover all of my bases:

Quote:
You see, Marathon Oil (now owned by Husky Energy) has already discovered what might be referred to as "Transgenic Matter", which can be used at nearly 10% efficiency which is nearly 10,000x more efficient then normal coal burning plants, something the size of a tennis ball could power the world for a month.
Granted, I didn't spend more than 20 minutes trying to search for information about this online, but in those 20 minutes I haven't even come across a single combination of the words "transgenic" and "matter". The former is a term used almost exclusively in biology (genetics and genetic engineering); I can assure you that if such energies were even close to being attainable on Earth, we would know of it by now. Technically, a relatively small amount of matter could be converted into enough power to supply the world for many, many thousands of years, but nuclear fusion and antimatter annihilation are the only proposed ways of making this effective: we haven't even achieved the former, and are only scratching the surface of the latter -- and not efficiently.

Quote:
Because of this, coal the size a tennis ball can be sent through a series of lasers firing high wavelength beams capable of ionizing the coal into a phospholuminscent form of coal, carrying an extra H atom, with one less electron, therefore simply a Proton. Because of this, when the coal is burnt, all the energy from the Proton is released, and can create nearly unlimited energy.
This is the most ridiculous string of incoherent babble I've read in a while...ionizing carbon leads to its carrying an extra H atom?

Combustion (burning) is a chemical reaction, NOT a nuclear reaction. The only way to release the energy within a proton is to annihilate with it an anti-proton, which is a fairly expensive and inefficient way to go about things. Also, the energy of a proton (at rest, to make life easier) pales comparison to the "nearly unlimited energy" you propose -- 938 MeV, using the most basic calculation in Einstein's formula. That is limitless?

Also -- last I checked, you need phosphorus to create phospho-luminescence (if that piece of what you said even has relevance to the topic).

Quote:
[citation needed]

[/end rant]

(#13 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Thrive - September 17th 2011, 07:55 PM

Jorge, you just got trolled pretty darn hard.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Thrive - September 17th 2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Jorge, you just got trolled pretty darn hard.

Note the disclaimer.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Thrive - September 17th 2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumModulus View Post

Note the disclaimer.
Still, I mean...

he had a fuckin' pony avatar.