TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 03:18 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://wishididntknow.com/2011/05/14...icrowave-oven/

Quote:
China Arnold could face the death penalty for her grisly crime.

Little 28-day-old Paris Talley died the grisly death in August 2005 in Ohio. Arnold could receive the death penalty. Sentencing will begin Monday in Dayton, Ohio court. Prosecutors said Arnold placed baby Paris in the microwave after arguing with her live-in boyfriend, Terrell Talley, over her paternity. She reportedly told investigators that she was intoxicated.

Arnold’s first trial ended in a mistrial. She was found guilty in the second trial, in 2008, but that conviction was reversed last fall. Arnold had been sentenced to life in prison without parole. The death penalty had been taken off the table at that time after the jury deadlocked over sentencing.

But the 2nd District Ohio Court of Appeals in Dayton ruled that Arnold should be freed. The appeals court said there was misconduct by prosecutors and that the trial court made an error by not allowing a material witness to testify in Arnold’s defense. The defense had argued that someone else was responsible.

Assistant Prosecutor Dan Brandt told jurors that Arnold’s actions were ‘even more purposeful’ than a slaying with a gun or knife, the Dayton Daily News reported. During closing arguments, Mr Brandt told jurors: ‘Baby Paris is without life, but she’s not without a voice. Please listen to her’. Mr Brandt claimed that Arnold had to carry the baby over, place her in the microwave, shut the door and press buttons. Then she waited while her child cooked to death, Brandt claimed. Defense attorney Jon Paul Rion argued that the evidence pointed as much to Mr Talley as it did his client. Mr Rion told jurors: ‘This doesn’t make sense to you. It doesn’t. I’ve been watching your faces’.

The prosecutor cut and fit evidence to show ‘this loving mother somehow was so evil that she killed her baby in this way’, he said. Mr Rion has said he ‘realized from the first day’ that Arnold was innocent. Prosecutors said Arnold had a criminal past and was convicted of abduction in 2000 and forgery in 2002. Arnold reportedly took Paris to the hospital the following day but she succumbed to her injuries. Arnold was initially arrested but then released due to lack of evidence. She was re-arrested in November 2006.
that....is just.....sick.
what do you guys think?

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#2 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 03:26 AM

Oh my God... Why would you not put this monster in jail?
I'm gonna go vomit. I can't believe someone would do something like this. Who cooks their own baby to death?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 03:48 AM

Didn't even read this, but seriously wish I hadn't been eating dinner when I clicked into this post...

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 04:02 AM

I read this while posting my own thread. Disgusting! She needs to be sent to jail, and for good.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 05:49 AM

What the hell?!

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyWorthless View Post
Oh my God... Why would you not put this monster in jail?
I'm gonna go vomit. I can't believe someone would do something like this. Who cooks their own baby to death?
Well if she did do it, let's have ourselves an execution, but I read on the trial, and a good deal of the prosecution's arguments were absolute BS, and just playing on the emotions of the jury.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 08:49 AM

WADDAFFOKKKK?!!!!

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 09:06 AM

She's a woman, she'll get 5 years in prison max. I'd make an exception to my being against the death penalty in this case, she deserves nothing more than the death penalty. A slow, painful death as she watches everyone around her laugh at her pain and suffering put on public display before what's left of her remains is dumped in the ocean.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 06:00 PM

This is why I honestly think crucifixion should be brought back as a form or punishment. A slow painful death of being nailed to a cross is what people like her deserve. Maybe they could burn her alive though, so she knows how her baby felt.
What a sick, twisted bitch.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#10 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 06:07 PM

What honestly makes me the most sick is watching people receive such joy on threads like this, chatting about how she should die, which way she should die, how much she should suffer in pain, blahblahblah. And seeing nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, what she did was wrong. But it's totally cool if WE do the same to HER, right?

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gir View Post
What honestly makes me the most sick is watching people receive such joy on threads like this, chatting about how she should die, which way she should die, how much she should suffer in pain, blahblahblah. And seeing nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, what she did was wrong. But it's totally cool if WE do the same to HER, right?
Yeah, I'm cool with that.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Used to be ellabella:)
Average Joe

Name: Arabella

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 06:45 PM

O M G
WHAT would make someone do something like this?? "Cooking" a baby is disgusting- and cooking your OWN baby....omg this woman is a crazy phsyco bitch, and I hope she gets the death penalty!!!

Tears Falling Down To Lips Unkissed
Ignore Her And She Won't Exist
She's Not The Kind You'll Come To Miss

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 07:09 PM

There's very little proof that she killed the baby. Also, the prosecution must have made quite a few mistakes if the appeal got her set free. If you think about it, most people who were trying to kill a baby would not take that baby to the hospital. I remember when this first came into the news, and the reaction was the same as it is now. But it is still innocence until proven otherwise, and the prosecution failed to prove otherwise.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
There's very little proof that she killed the baby. Also, the prosecution must have made quite a few mistakes if the appeal got her set free. If you think about it, most people who were trying to kill a baby would not take that baby to the hospital. I remember when this first came into the news, and the reaction was the same as it is now. But it is still innocence until proven otherwise, and the prosecution failed to prove otherwise.
Mentally unstable ones would, as would those who want to make it look like they're innocent. Doesn't mean very much that she took the baby to hospital.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 18th 2011, 11:34 PM

If it's taken her this many times to become convicted of said crime, don't you think that maybe, just maybe there might be more to the story than "woman puts child in microwave, child dies, woman at fault"?
If you actually click on the article link, to me it doesn't look like a website with professional journalism. Half of their stories look outright fake to me, I'm not saying THIS is a fake story, but I'm just not ready to believe everything in this article straightforward as the truth.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, yes it is. We have the law on our side!

(#17 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 06:52 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_P._Arnold - May 20th, sentenced to life in prison without parole for murder.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 07:01 AM

I checked to see if the article was bogus but apparently it isn't:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...verturned.html (November 7, 2010)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ven-trial.html (May 13, 2011)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wave-oven.html (May 21, 2011)

I find it both hilarious and puzzling how so many people in this thread immediately jumped to the conclusion that the mother must be guilty. Someone is guilty in law if the verdict is guilty and since the issue isn't laid to rest, she cant be said to be guilty or innocent. The prosecution botched up and as seen in the first link, evidence was fabricated by blaming someone else, who later was shown to be innocent because they weren't actually present at the time of the baby's death. Additionally, the third link describes how the trial judge refused to allow a relevant witness to testify and prosecutorial misconduct.

In other words, the whole story wasn't fully told but even then and now, people are still happy to point their finger and scream they want the lady gone. For those posting such responses, do you not see your hypocrisy or do you just not give a shit, or find pleasure in gossiping about how someone should suffer for their actions?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#19 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 07:03 AM

She was found guilty of abduction and murder, that's all I need.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 12:18 PM

All I have to say is: Disgusting.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:

I'm glad someone else said this, because reading some of the above made me feel as sick as reading the original story. If we seriously believe that going back to the Roman model of public executions is a step forward, then I'm out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
I find it both hilarious and puzzling how so many people in this thread immediately jumped to the conclusion that the mother must be guilty. Someone is guilty in law if the verdict is guilty and since the issue isn't laid to rest, she cant be said to be guilty or innocent. The prosecution botched up and as seen in the first link, evidence was fabricated by blaming someone else, who later was shown to be innocent because they weren't actually present at the time of the baby's death. Additionally, the third link describes how the trial judge refused to allow a relevant witness to testify and prosecutorial misconduct.

In other words, the whole story wasn't fully told but even then and now, people are still happy to point their finger and scream they want the lady gone. For those posting such responses, do you not see your hypocrisy or do you just not give a shit, or find pleasure in gossiping about how someone should suffer for their actions?
This.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 19th 2011, 11:06 PM

Now I'm wishing I would haven't even made the thread, I understand that it's the Debates section but I wouldn't have thought people would have fought over this <__<

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#23 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 20th 2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonxNinjas View Post
Now I'm wishing I would haven't even made the thread, I understand that it's the Debates section but I wouldn't have thought people would have fought over this <__<
There is a pretty big difference between a debate and a fight. Not sure what you were expecting.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 20th 2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonxNinjas View Post
Where is the fight? This is a debate in the debates section, I don't see a problem. Perhaps you should figure out what a debate actually is.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 21st 2011, 01:24 AM

This doesn't seem shocking because it seems to be an everyday type of crime.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 21st 2011, 03:00 AM

Despite everything else said...

If she was the murder: That is disgusting, sick, and wrong on so many levels. It's absolutely horrifying.

If she was not: Whoever did this is disgusting, sick, and wrong.

My stance on it: I'm not a lawyer nor ever care to be one. I don't know who was guilty and who wasn't. People have a tendency to find the solution they want instead of opening their minds to the other side of it and I have no patience to figure it all out for myself. I place my trust in the judges' hands. Though I still think it's horrifying that anybody would do this to a human being.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 21st 2011, 03:10 AM

This is sick and wrong on so many levels and she should be put in jail.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#28 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 21st 2011, 01:52 PM

I actually just gagged What a monster!

[Edit] You don't... WTF? She's a psyco... but we can't give her death penaty. She deserves to live with this every day!

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

Last edited by ARTPOP; September 21st 2011 at 01:57 PM.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mother Cooks Her Month Old Baby In A Microwave - September 21st 2011, 07:43 PM

Now that i think about it, more pain may be inflicted upon her if she lives the rest of her life knowing what she did to her baby. My mind is changed.

Closed Thread