TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Current Events and Debates (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/)
-   -   Triggering (Abuse): Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/t85238-teen-girl-murdered-boyfriend-high-school/)

FlyingTrue October 1st 2011 11:51 PM

Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
This is a very tragic news story:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/01/justic...ing/index.html

I hope the killer faces a long punishment.

escape_thereal_world October 2nd 2011 12:32 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Oh my goodness. This is sick. I feel so horrible for both families and the affected friends.

thebigmole October 2nd 2011 12:56 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Very sad story but the writing of this article bothers me. It bothers me that they kept calling him a man, I rarely hear an 18 year old being referred to as a man in the way this article portrayed it. I mean if the girl was 18 would they have called her a woman, instead of a girl. It just seemed like the writer was doing that to get an emotional response and it bothered me.

forfrosne October 2nd 2011 09:07 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
The guys clearly insane.

RadkeLover October 2nd 2011 04:21 PM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
"whats that? you dont want to go out with me?" *stab* thats messed up, the guy needs to go to a locked down, high security psychiatric ward

blurryface October 2nd 2011 07:49 PM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
How sick. The nerve of some people these days.

Guile October 3rd 2011 12:28 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Not much detail in the article, hardly newsworthy in the grand scheme of things.

anony mouse. October 3rd 2011 02:09 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Obviously he had some emotional and mental instability going on. It's awful, but what can you do, really. :/

Sincerely Yours ♥ October 3rd 2011 04:01 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
There are so many sick people out there. It makes me almost not want to have kids born into this world.

Brandon October 3rd 2011 06:36 PM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigmole (Post 733083)
Very sad story but the writing of this article bothers me. It bothers me that they kept calling him a man, I rarely hear an 18 year old being referred to as a man in the way this article portrayed it. I mean if the girl was 18 would they have called her a woman, instead of a girl. It just seemed like the writer was doing that to get an emotional response and it bothered me.

Legally, you become an adult at the age of 18 in the US. The difference between 17 may not seem huge, but they are considered entirely different in the justice system. You become a "woman" at the age of 16, but that's not through a legal process (as far as I know) but simply from having a "sweet 16" birthday.

I have to go to work, but here's something I found on Google quickly:

http://www.wisegeek.com/at-what-age-...-in-the-us.htm

Hopefully that'll clear some things up regarding your concern.

thebigmole October 3rd 2011 08:21 PM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 733906)


Legally, you become an adult at the age of 18 in the US. The difference between 17 may not seem huge, but they are considered entirely different in the justice system. You become a "woman" at the age of 16, but that's not through a legal process (as far as I know) but simply from having a "sweet 16" birthday.

I have to go to work, but here's something I found on Google quickly:

http://www.wisegeek.com/at-what-age-...-in-the-us.htm

Hopefully that'll clear some things up regarding your concern.

Oh no I know the technical stuff. But I've seen other articles written about guys that age referred to as "young man" or something like that. I just found it weird because the guy is still a high school student, and I feel they were using the term for an emotional effect and that bothered me.

Brandon October 4th 2011 02:12 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigmole (Post 733960)
Oh no I know the technical stuff. But I've seen other articles written about guys that age referred to as "young man" or something like that. I just found it weird because the guy is still a high school student, and I feel they were using the term for an emotional effect and that bothered me.

It's the media -- I think, by default, every news media is manipulated for a more emotional effect. Otherwise, only old people with Anti-Obama stickers on their Porsche Cayennes would be watching that shit. With power comes corruption, so the man didn't really stand a chance. Many men and women are raped on a daily basis, but once one of those stories gets on the news...the criminal is dealing with more shit than what is necessary for justice. It's not right for the media to do that, but it's practically humanly rational for the media to do something like that.

ShimmeringFaerie October 5th 2011 06:16 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigmole (Post 733960)
Oh no I know the technical stuff. But I've seen other articles written about guys that age referred to as "young man" or something like that. I just found it weird because the guy is still a high school student, and I feel they were using the term for an emotional effect and that bothered me.

Are you sure he was a student? I couldn't find any part of the story which said he was (though I could have missed it). My assumption was that he was not a student which is why they used the word 'man'.

It's awful regardless. I really wish there was more education for students about abusive relationships because this probably wasn't the first time he had been violent with her.

thebigmole October 5th 2011 11:07 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie (Post 734773)


Are you sure he was a student? I couldn't find any part of the story which said he was (though I could have missed it). My assumption was that he was not a student which is why they used the word 'man'.

It's awful regardless. I really wish there was more education for students about abusive relationships because this probably wasn't the first time he had been violent with her.

Well he's only 18, other students knew that the two had a dating relationship, and she was killed during lunch break so unless that school has some crappy security, or just lets random people on campus during school hours, I have to assume he was a student.

her_beautiful_mistake October 7th 2011 01:02 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guile (Post 733567)
Not much detail in the article, hardly newsworthy in the grand scheme of things.



Seriously. Get some therapy. Some pretty hardcore therapy. And sharpish.

thebigmole October 7th 2011 05:33 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake (Post 735833)
Seriously. Get some therapy. Some pretty hardcore therapy. And sharpish.

I'm not sure why his comment makes him worthy of therapy. I mean it really isn't that "newsworthy". Sad and horrible, yes. Newsworthy, no.

forfrosne October 7th 2011 06:47 AM

Re: Teen Girl Murdered By Boyfriend At High School
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by her_beautiful_mistake (Post 735833)
Seriously. Get some therapy. Some pretty hardcore therapy. And sharpish.

If every single murder was reported in the news we'd be overloaded.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints