TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 12:24 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-daughter.html

Thoughts? I think it's never going to happen (legal action on the two who "could have prevented it") as it says, they all thought it was just a joke :/ They didn't actuall think "Oh breakfast if he kills her" x

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

Last edited by Casey.; October 20th 2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Marking triggering

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 12:57 PM

I get the feeling they were joking around, and probably didn't realise the extent of what had happened until it hit the news or he told them he actually killed her. Young boys laugh about morbid things, so I doubt they took him completely seriously. Still, there is a line where a joke goes too far and by the sounds of things, alarm bells should've been going off.

I'm not sure what I'd do. I don't think it's fair to lock them up if they were unaware of how serious he was being. If they knew he had intent to honestly carry out the murder, then they should have alerted someone. I suppose it rests on what they took as serious and how much was out of "humour."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 01:59 PM

Yes, I don't think they really thought he would do it. I think they asumed it was some silly joke So you can't really lock them up, or even punish them as they did NOTHING WRONG .

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 07:30 PM

I laughed at the "Don't say anything now, but you owe me breakfast" thing!

Ahh, I don't honestly get why he killed her though, was it for the breakfast, or was there something more? Anyway, the mother's case is idiotic, he was under no contract to the boy for a free breakfast, you can't make a contract for an illegal act.

I hope the guy still gets his free breakfast though.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 08:40 PM

She was his ex-GF, he was a monster, his friends may or may not have been serious, no way to tell from the article.

He should get a free breakfast en route to the lethal injection gurney.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 08:59 PM

I think he's the only one guilty, and should be fucking force-fed [Edited] breakfast meals until his digestive system ruptures from it.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by Casey.; October 20th 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Please do not post caloric numbers.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 18th 2011, 10:22 PM

Worst part: He'll be out of jail in time to kill the mother too.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 19th 2011, 12:03 AM

LOL, as gloomy as this case is, I was laughing when I read the whole thing. I mean, killing for a free breakfast? Come on. I'm sure the boys never thought the threat would be carried through because it's just so silly and no breakfast is worth years behind bars in prison. He should get some sympathy though, I mean, he went all this way to get a good free breakfast, might as well give him a few free breakfasts of his choosing, lol.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 19th 2011, 12:08 AM

I think there's a distinct difference between laughing at the "free breakfast" thing which could be seen as a joke in other circumstances, and actually laughing at what happened. A young girl is dead, which isn't in the least bit funny to me.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 19th 2011, 08:54 AM

The girl has been murdered. That isn't funny no. He killed her for a full english. That's the funny bit.

He must have been starving O.O

Anyway, on topic. The other kids can't be blamed... unless you count him saying "you might just owe me breakfast" and "the time has come" but honestly I just think they saw it as a joke...

Poor kid, no more fry ups where he is

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 19th 2011, 08:25 PM

I laughed, even though I shouldn't have lol. It's terrible of course, the motive for why he did it is hilarious.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

Last edited by Sythan; October 19th 2011 at 08:31 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 19th 2011, 08:53 PM

The motive obviously wasn't the breakfast. He killed his ex, she wasn't just some random girl he hardly knew.

Can't tell if people are joking on here or what... if not then it just shows low intelligence or that you didn't read the article properly.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 20th 2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
The motive obviously wasn't the breakfast. He killed his ex, she wasn't just some random girl he hardly knew.

Can't tell if people are joking on here or what... if not then it just shows low intelligence or that you didn't read the article properly.
He had threatened her before hand, allegedly friends promised him free breakfast if he actually went through with it, which he ultimately did, so the breakfast can be motive. So far the accusations are just that, for now until more evidence comes to the public.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 20th 2011, 05:20 PM

Er, I think he was totally messed up. He was mental, and he killed someone for a breakfast? Okay, psycho. Sure, she was his ex, but how serious could they have been at 15? What could she possibly have done that would warrant her murder?

And as for the two who 'could have prevented it,' they had no way of knowing he was being serious. I mean, if I was in that situation, I'd think he was kidding.

That's my opinion anyway.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Breakfast for murder - October 21st 2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumemusik View Post
Er, I think he was totally messed up. He was mental, and he killed someone for a breakfast? Okay, psycho. Sure, she was his ex, but how serious could they have been at 15? What could she possibly have done that would warrant her murder?

And as for the two who 'could have prevented it,' they had no way of knowing he was being serious. I mean, if I was in that situation, I'd think he was kidding.

That's my opinion anyway.

Well for one, I bet she never bought him breakfast.

Closed Thread