TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 21st 2011, 11:07 PM

http://www.examiner.com/human-rights...-abuses-effect

Reaching a new height of human rights abuse and Fourth Amendment rights violation, Tennessee on Tuesday became the first state to establish road checkpoints. The checkpoints, similar to those used in Nazi Germany, are being operated by TSA teams under the new Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) program.

"If you were one of the many Americans that thought you and your family could 'opt-out' of being manhandled by the TSA by simply not flying, you were wrong," Brasscheck TV reported Thursday.
"TSA VIPR (Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response) teams are now conducting roadside searches in Tennessee, and soon to be in other states as well."
Agents are recruiting truck drivers, like Rudy Gonzales, seen in the Channel 5 News report, in the First Observer Highway Security Program to 'say something if they see something'.

Today, in Tennessee, drivers on Tennessee roads have no Fourth Amendment protections against government abuses reported Brasscheck.
"The random inspections really aren't any more thorough than normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference," reported Channel 5.
"Tuesday's statewide "VIPR" operation isn't in response to any particular threat, according to officials."
Rights abuses have escalated in the United States following September 11, 2001 mass murder that many scholars and the official 911 Commission concur was a staged event, based on lies, for the purpose of rights abuses under the guise of "terrorism."
As reported last week in the Examiner, in Illinois, Chicago's Union Station also has a checkpoint.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 21st 2011, 11:22 PM

This is disturbing.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Grey Wind Offline
Average Joe

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 21st 2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Rights abuses have escalated in the United States following September 11, 2001 mass murder that many scholars and the official 911 Commission concur was a staged event, based on lies, for the purpose of rights abuses under the guise of "terrorism."
Okay, fuck the Examiner.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 01:03 AM

Good national security = Nazism

Yes, the oh so evil TSA is now making sure that Terrorists aren't smuggling WMDs and other devices on the highways, which is a far better place to smuggle things then an airplane anyway....

+1 for Idiotic Americans throwing the N word around...

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 01:12 AM

The Nazis used airplanes, so I guess we shouldn't too. I think what they are doing is acceptable.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Halo345 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 04:30 AM

I really don't see what there doing that is so wrong. There telling people to keep their eyes open. Thats all.... O.o

And random truck searches arnt really that uncommon, especially with interstate crossing.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 06:27 AM

If all they are searching is trucks, then go for it. This is simply a more thorough search than what is already conducted at weigh stations in many states to check for dirty bombs, hazmats, radiation, etc. However, if they are screening motorists' vehicles and the like, that's not very cool, and it's a CLEAR violation of the 4th amendment.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 11:21 AM

I haven't got time to read through the whole article, I might later...

But if the searches are gonna be completely random, stopping anyone with no particular agenda apart from some vague reports over the phone from another driver, I'm against it.

I can imagine assholes, for their own personal reasons stopping passenger cars going on weekend outings. Some might perhaps target black drivers, or women, just to harass them. How is this new thing gonna be policed? Or are people just gonna let them do wtf they want? 'Cos they will then.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDF View Post
I haven't got time to read through the whole article, I might later...

But if the searches are gonna be completely random, stopping anyone with no particular agenda apart from some vague reports over the phone from another driver, I'm against it.

I can imagine assholes, for their own personal reasons stopping passenger cars going on weekend outings. Some might perhaps target black drivers, or women, just to harass them. How is this new thing gonna be policed? Or are people just gonna let them do wtf they want? 'Cos they will then.
Because all those female TSA employees from the video are so misogynistic.... Along with all those black hating black TSA workers, god what a messed up society we have....

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 01:53 PM

I'm confused as to WHO they're searching. Are they searching every single car that goes through? How thorough are they searching? Are they bringing in some sort of bomb sniffing dogs (do those exist?)? Doing body searches? I mean, that all makes a difference to me. If it's just a quick look into the car and at the people, then if you aren't doing anything wrong you should be fine. But if we're talking a full search of every car/truck then I could see how that'd be in violation of the 4th amendment.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: 'Nazi-style' TSA roadside checkpoint rights abuses in effect - October 22nd 2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Because all those female TSA employees from the video are so misogynistic.... Along with all those black hating black TSA workers, god what a messed up society we have....
Lol I didn't know there was a video in the link. I didn't have time to click on it earlier.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread