TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Migrant workers in the UK - October 30th 2011, 12:43 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ation-jobs-ons

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ign-workers.do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rce-chief.html

You don't have to read all of them, although you can even go into google and search further. Here's my take on this:

I'd never in my right damn mind hire anyone on the job who doesn't work. Sry, but the trend IS IN FACT, that polish workers work hell a lot harder on the job. Even if I was to pay them slightly MORE, I'd still do it. I'd give everyone a chance, but in the end it's business and you just can't afford to pay even a sum below the minimum wage to someone who's going to throw their feet up and do nothing when your back's turned, and perhaps on top of it even steal from the till. A lot of Brits are brought up on totally different values, or even no values, and don't think that slacking on the job is wrong at all. In fact I've heard of cases where it's even encouraged between them. I refuse to shoulder the responsibility of dealing with it. I'm not their damn parent or whatever, it's stupid.

And besides, the jobs were there before the immigrants came, why weren't they taken??? Why do too many British builders like to charge 300 for putting a nail in the wall? And now ask yourselves why all the foreigners are getting the jobs. Because on top of this we prefer watching Big Brother, X Factor and people eating cockroaches on TV, read gossip magazines and drink booze. It's pitiful and pathetic.

There are honest hard working Brits too, and their effort gets undermined by the awful impression generated by the rest, and frankly I'm inclined to think "the rest" is actually a majority now. And they got the damn nerve to complain on immigrants. If it wasn't for immigrants our country would have probably gone broke, not just be in recession.

I have a damn strong aversion towards this fascist outlook, where someone in the government even suggested to somehow 'force' British businesses into taking on British workers (I think). Sorry, it's a competitive world, and if you don't pull your weight, you're out. If you don't want foreigners taking your job, work harder and take it yourself. Don't expect your ass to be wiped by others.

If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.

Last edited by BDF; October 30th 2011 at 01:53 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Filling my panties with candy
I can't get enough

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - October 30th 2011, 01:20 PM

It seems to have done a double post could this one be deleted please.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - October 30th 2011, 01:20 PM

To be honest, I see the current job crisis migrants or no migrants a hard one. Yes there a jobs out there but for each job that is out there 100 people more will apply for that one job. I am going to sound racist here but I honestly do not intend to. They are illegal immigrants, Why should they take our jobs ? Why should they get a job that they have no right to doing due to not having a work permit ? Yes it happens but why ?

I honestly feel if it was not for the illegal immigrants the recession would never have happened, they take our jobs, they take our money and let us the Brits get the label 'lazy good for nothing scroungers' . When in all honesty we are not that at all. We would get a job if we could, the current job crisis + employers hiring immigrants = Brits not being able to get a job.

I will say it again, I probably sound racist but I do not intend to, I not mind this country having illegal immigrants but What I do mind is when they take our jobs, and our money. They entered the country illegally what right do they have to live here and take our money and our jobs ?

Though the ones who do live here legally I do not mind them working in the UK as hey do live here legally and have permission to work and live here.

I really hope I don't sound racist. Because I am not at all racist.

Videos team

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - October 30th 2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPid View Post
To be honest, I see the current job crisis migrants or no migrants a hard one. Yes there a jobs out there but for each job that is out there 100 people more will apply for that one job. I am going to sound racist here but I honestly do not intend to. They are illegal immigrants, Why should they take our jobs ? Why should they get a job that they have no right to doing due to not having a work permit ? Yes it happens but why ?

I honestly feel if it was not for the illegal immigrants the recession would never have happened, they take our jobs, they take our money and let us the Brits get the label 'lazy good for nothing scroungers' . When in all honesty we are not that at all. We would get a job if we could, the current job crisis + employers hiring immigrants = Brits not being able to get a job.

I will say it again, I probably sound racist but I do not intend to, I not mind this country having illegal immigrants but What I do mind is when they take our jobs, and our money. They entered the country illegally what right do they have to live here and take our money and our jobs ?

Though the ones who do live here legally I do not mind them working in the UK as hey do live here legally and have permission to work and live here.

I really hope I don't sound racist. Because I am not at all racist.
You don't sound racist at all, don't worry lol. I think I might have mixed things up... or maybe it was you, it doesn't matter. I am not referring to illegal immigrants. I was referring more to the migrant workers from Eastern Europe, other countries in the EU. A lot people moan that East Europeans are "stealing" British jobs.

Illegal immigration is quite a different topic... I mean, it's totally illegal, so minimum wages don't apply anymore in many cases, which completely throws a wrench into the competition between illegal immigrants and British workers. That is totally unfair.

And although I see where you're coming from, it shouldn't be the illegal immigrants that you're mad at. They're just trying to survive. Back home most of them live in appalling conditions, and many are even at risk of getting caught up in war and killed. It's more the government's job to deal with it. If I was one of them, I'd probably to the same. Ask yourself, if you were one of them, would you do the same?

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - October 30th 2011, 02:57 PM

I think I've got mixed up probably my fault for only scan reading the articles. True, Yeah I probably would do the same. I get they are trying to get away from wars ect . I just don't know I would most likely do the same though. As for the migrants the way I see it is if they are not doing their job properly give them the sack and get someone in who is doing the job properly. Paying someone who does not do their job properly seems a waste of the employers time and money and takes the job from someone who will do the job properly. Apart from that I don't really know what to make of it.

Videos team

(#6 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - October 30th 2011, 03:32 PM

I have no issue at all with legal immigrants getting a job here. they work far harder than British people do and they pick the jobs British people would never do, due to our high horses and idea that minimum wage is something to be resented, whereas, for example, a Polish person coming to work here for minimum wage may see their pay as very good, and work very hard to earn it.

Illegal immigrants shouldn't even be here. If you want to come here, go through the system, don't cheat it. It's there for a reason, and it's because if we just allowed anyone to live here we, as a nation, would be fucked.

I think this article sums it up. Although it apples to Alabama, the situation is the same here. Immigrants make better workers because they work harder for less.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - November 1st 2011, 07:58 AM

I'd rather have Polish immigrants They are damn hard workers, and cause less of a ruckus, anyway, they attempt to blend in the best they can.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - November 1st 2011, 09:47 AM

I just find that all these people moaning about migrants from East Europe, because they're "stealing jobs" etc... they're stupid. Real stupid. It's easier to blame it on someone else than admit that it's yourself that you need to work on, so they blame the fact they haven't got a job on migrants.

Cowboy builders are the best though... so facking BNP. In fact a lot of builders, cowboy or not, have become like this, because there are particularly large numbers of polish builders, and they have an outstanding reputation too, who get the jobs instead of the British ones. And lets put the price issue to one side and compare the jobs they did:

1. The British builders were given a certain amount of money to buy materials, but they tried to save money and pocket the rest, so they bought an insufficient amount of tile adhesive. They lay the tiles, the stuff dries up, we start walking on it a week later and half of the tiles crack because there are voids underneath them, because of there was not enough tile adhesive. That was just one of the problems, although the largest one.

2. Polish did it all correct, aligned the tiles nicely and professionally, did a good cutting job of tiles around the door frame (instead of pushing broken tile fragments into the adhesive like the British did lol), and of course the tiles didn't crack the minute you started walking on them.

And yea... got a job like that done for half the price of the British builder. And the main reason for it being cheaper is that they get on with the job and get it done in a lot less time, not arrive at 11am, take a half hour toilet break in the middle, then watch football at lunch, come back to work for another hour. And they have the arrogance to moan that it's the fault of the Polish. It's like they were born with a dick in their brain.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Migrant workers in the UK - November 3rd 2011, 06:30 PM

I totally agree with you. Migrant workers are not "stealing our jobs". They often do jobs which a lot of British people (including the ones who sit around watching jeremy kyle and moaning about there not being any jobs at all) refuse to do. If people actually want to work and do a good job, I honestly don't see why it matter what country they were born in. I am a carer for the elderly, which is one of those jobs that a lot of people feel are below them.
I work with a filipino lady and a couple of polish ladies and they work unbelievably hard - like 60 hours a week. I also work with many british people and they work just as hard. I think that some people get too comfortable in their cushy jobs and don't like it when others come along and do it better than them.

Closed Thread