TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 12:23 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29826698/ SOUTHINGTON, Conn. - A Hollywood horror film that depicts the alleged haunting of a former funeral parlor in central Connecticut is turning into a nightmare for the home's current owners and their neighbors. The movie, "A Haunting in Connecticut," doesn't open until Friday, but curious fans are already making a beeline for the Southington home that inspired the movie. "It's just been really, really stressful," said Susan Trotta-Smith, who bought the home 10 years ago with her husband. "It's been a total change from a very quiet house in a very quiet neighborhood to looking out the window and seeing cars stopping all the time. It's been very, very stressful, and sometimes worrisome." The family has never seen anything unusual inside their five-bedroom, two-family white wood-frame house and does not believe the property was haunted. "It's got beautiful woodwork, and there is a nice warm feeling to the house," Trotta-Smith said. "Because it was a funeral home, the upstairs apartment is much more spacious. It's like two full houses, and it has a beautiful yard, too." The movie, starring Virginia Madsen and Kyle Gallner and released by Lionsgate, is loosely based on stories that revolved around the house in the 1980s. The residents at the time, the Snedeker family, claimed their son would hear strange noises in his basement bedroom, which once held casket displays and was near the old embalming room. He also claimed to see shadows on the wall of people who were not there. A niece visiting the home said she felt hands on her body as she tried to sleep, and her covers levitated. The family brought in Ed and Lorraine Warren, self-described paranormal researchers, who became famous for documenting the alleged "Amityville Horror" haunting of a home on Long Island. Lorraine Warren says she felt an evil presence in the Southington home and experienced the haunting herself when she spent a night there. "In the master bedroom, there was a trap door where the coffins were brought up," she said. "And during the night, you would hear that chain hoist, as if a coffin were being brought up. But when Ed went to check, there was nobody down there." Warren, whose husband died in 2006, has nothing to do with the movie. She said the house was "cleared" of the evil presence after a seance in 1988. A book and a television documentary followed. The current owners, who rent out part of the home to another family, have removed the street number from the house and posted "no trespassing" signs. Trotta-Smith says they are concerned about the four children who live there. "Most people are respectful. They stay on the road. They might take a picture," Trotta-Smith said. "But we have had a few problems with people kind of rudely coming up to the door and scaring our kids, telling them the house is haunted." There are no ghosts

Last edited by Blackwing; March 23rd 2009 at 12:30 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 12:27 AM

To be honest I am not in the slightest bit surprised.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 01:04 AM

It doesn't surprise me that people are bothering them at the house. Honestly, they should respect the owners' wishes and leave them alone.

--A

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 01:23 AM

Just like Blair Witch Project. Not that surprised to be honest.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 01:54 AM

LOL paranormal investigators agreeing exactly with what everyone is saying. I think that's one of the biggest jokes about this story. But, I'm not amazed about the people bothering the current home owners. I think that since some "self-claimed paranormal investigators" (which I think is 100% bullshit) said they felt a "presence" and heard chains and such. If those even occurred, there's some rational explanations, which of course would require more thinking, but the easy way is to opt out of the thinking and attribute it to "paranormal activity".

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 02:39 AM

Hm... I bet they could sell the house and make a lot of money.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Hm... I bet they could sell the house and make a lot of money.
Would you buy a house made famous by a horror movie?

I wouldn't. I can't fall asleep with my closet open in my house.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 12:10 PM

Stupid people. I would seriously consider putting up a wall around the house.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Horror film draws unwanted visitors to house - March 23rd 2009, 01:01 PM

I'm not surprised because you always seem to have a group of people who take everything way too serious. It's not fair on the home owners and neighbours though, viewing the house from the path and taking a picture doesn't seem that bad but when you approach it and start talking to the children that live there, then you are going way too far.

Closed Thread