TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

2011: world’s 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña on record, second-lowest Arctic sea ice extent - December 4th 2011, 05:10 PM

http://www.wmo.ch/pages/mediacentre/...s_2011_en.html

As if we need any more proof of Global Warming!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: 2011: world’s 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña on record, second-lowest Arctic sea ice extent - December 4th 2011, 06:58 PM

Yeah, but the next ice age is inevitable, regardless of Global Warming.
We all need to evolve fins, gills and better temperature control then we'll be set ;]

However, yaaay, a fellow believer

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: 2011: world’s 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña on record, second-lowest Arctic sea ice extent - December 4th 2011, 08:40 PM

If Gaia herself is telling it's happening, I think we should listen to her. Mother Earth knows best.

While I don't disagree that it's happening, I don't think I personally do anything to stop it. Though I don't casually burn fossil fuels either.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: 2011: world’s 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña on record, second-lowest Arctic sea ice extent - December 4th 2011, 09:39 PM

Scott, you're cool ;]
See, it's here where the world needs to be realistic. People aren't just about to turn around and stop burning fossil fuels. I know this, you know this, anyone with any sense can see that. It's the never ending greed of man that leads us to this position. We need to think of viable ways to change our energy and at least try and stop outputting all this crap into our environment. But as of now the vast majorities of renewable energies are not cost effective.
This isn't a problem that's down to the individual. Again to do with money. Nobody wants to fix a problem before it happens, companies don't have the money to just now.
What we really need is more research. Tonnes more, I would actually like more concrete proof of climate change... I feel like everyone's showing me statistics...with no confidence numbers to back it up!! [bad scientists, very bad scientists] but y'know you can see the increase in temperature alongside the increase in CO2 levels...I guess that should satisfy me... I just like proof
But research predominantly into renewable energy. For instance, Biofuels! So what if the ones we've used so far don't work that well yet, or aren't cost effective. There are MILLIONS of substances on this planet, surely one can fill the void of carbon?
Ehhh, I'm ranting. But it's because this is a problem that I doubt I'll see fixed in my lifetime, however much I want it to.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

Re: 2011: world’s 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña on record, second-lowest Arctic sea ice extent - December 5th 2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post

While I don't disagree that it's happening, I don't think I personally do anything to stop it. Though I don't casually burn fossil fuels either.
Not to be negative but with the laziness of most of the people on this planet, I don't think there's much we can do about it.
So.. I don't think there's anything I can do to stop it either. Dx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: 2011: world’s 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña on record, second-lowest Arctic sea ice extent - December 6th 2011, 04:06 AM

I think a considerable part of the problem is that there are technologies that would allow the everyday citizen to help with combating the problem head-on, but they are way too expensive for mass adoption, LED light bulbs for example.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
Closed Thread