TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Please give input on a baby found under babysitters bed. It would mean a lot to me. - December 5th 2011, 07:33 PM

it would mean a lot to me if everyone would put there input on this story

http://http://www.wpbf.com/news/21528067/detail.html

I want to see what everyone thinks really happened.

Here is a better article

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.414236

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Please give input on a baby found under babysitters bed. It would mean a lot to me. - December 5th 2011, 09:38 PM

It's hard to say how large the baby's head is but if it is abnormally large, my mind first jumps to hydrocephalus and assume the baby has a ventricoperitoneum shunt. As for the actual story, I'm confused what is meant by, "box", as that could be as small as a shoe box to a long narrow cardboard box. Either way, the box was large enough to allow a sufficient oxygen supply and although other items surrounded the box, there may have been small enough gaps for streams of air to come through.

I'm wondering why the baby was stuffed in a box hidden under the bed because it resembles burial while alive, which is meant to be fatal so in that case, why didn't the parents simply kill the child? If they wanted to return to the child, it's very risky as they have to come back soon enough to avoid opening the box and finding a corpse surrounded by piss and shit.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please give input on a baby found under babysitters bed. It would mean a lot to me. - December 6th 2011, 05:38 PM

See this is how the news portrayed everything.

What really happened is this:

The babysitter is legally not allowed to have children of her own. As the article stated she had a son that disappeared and the body was never found. She also has had several children she watched that came back with bruises on them from child abuse.

You also must remember that the mother was taking medication prescribed to her to maintain healthy levels of hormones in the brain.

The night of halloween the baby sitter convinced her that she (the mother) was unfit to be a mother. However, she never handed the baby over. That night, the babysitter took the baby and told her that she was going to keep him for the night. however, she went inside at night and took the baby. With out the mother knowing. The next morning (not visibly seeing the babysitter take the baby) she seen a forced entry and called the cops and reported her baby missing. They took her to the police station where she was kept without the medication she was supposed to have and then questioned her the next day (You can't just come off of medicine like that). The police started telling her that she put the baby in the bushes outside somewhere and hid her under some leaves. She eventually started agreeing with what they said but wasn't sure. She hadn't had her medication in about 2 days. They looked for the baby but never found the baby. Everyon ein the family kept tipping them off to check the babysitter (which aparently hadn't occured to the police given her background..idiots)

They finally searched the house and found the baby in a cedar box under the bed in the guest room. When they questioned her husband, he said he had no idea that she had been hiding a baby in the house for a week.

If there is a 7 month old baby in the house, EVERYONE in the house is going to know it.

What else the article doesn't state is that when the baby was found, they said there so much feces and urine to amount for the baby not being changed in two days. They also noted that the baby had not been fed in over a day.

Just goes to show how messed up the media is when they tell stories.

I only know all of this because she is one of my many half-sisters.

As far as the baby goes, she was born like that, we believe she has some sort of problem, the same as her mother had. No doctors ever suggested her having children becasue of the state of mid she has. But when you have a week state of mind and everyone is pressuring you to tell them what they want to hear you tell them to make them shut up. I'm not justifying anyone, just stated that they questioned her when she was unstable.

Edit: The baby was found in the babysitter's house not the mother's.

Last edited by lacylovebugg; December 6th 2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: left something out (:

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chair Offline
I'm a chair.
Average Joe

Name: Chair FritzFurniture

Re: Please give input on a baby found under babysitters bed. It would mean a lot to me. - December 8th 2011, 08:59 PM

Sure, we didn't get the full story, but what we do know is that the mother is unstable and can't keep the child.
Also if the babysitter has such a bad reputation... why would the mom still trust her...
I don't care if the police had to pressure her to incriminate her. Definitely better for the child to be far, far away from her family and the sitter.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Please give input on a baby found under babysitters bed. It would mean a lot to me. - December 9th 2011, 04:08 AM

If you knew the whole story or at least more details, then why not simply post it rather than giving a run-around?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread