TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 03:13 AM

Apparently calling someone cute is considered sexual harassment in elementary school...
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/29910470/detail.html

Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 770047 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 03:28 AM

There's more to the story... the school claims that the child had been using bad words in incidences prior to this, and that he said she was "fine" not "cute".

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 03:44 AM

He's 9 and he didn't even say it to her face, he was overheard saying it to one of his friends. The other incidents involved other students and his mother was never told it was a problem. They shouldn't have jumped right to a suspension and if they had problems with his language towards other students or teachers before this they should've brought it up with him and/or his mother and tried a lesser form of punishment like a detention first.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 05:52 AM

Feminism, hard at work.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
7 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 05:54 AM

Suspension is a silly punishment anyways, what kid will be sad that he gets to miss two days of school?

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 06:47 AM

If he was using suggestive words to his friend in private, then it stands to reason they were having a conversation about the teacher and the friend approved, otherwise if he didn't care for the language, he would have left. What puzzles me is why the friend received no disciplinary action. I would understand suspending the 9 year old is he slapped the teacher's ass, said she was fine and was going to bend her over the table or something similar, but that's not what happened, yet the substitute teacher couldn't make that distinction.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 07:46 AM

Ah this is stupid, why suspend a kid for this?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 11:42 AM

At my HIGHSCHOOL people call teachers sexy all the time, the teachers don't care that 14-18 year olds do it, who would care that a 9 year old does it???

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 01:55 PM

Uh, because a 9 year old shouldn't be referring to a teacher as sexy? That's beyond inappropriate, because they don't even know what that means.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post
Uh, because a 9 year old shouldn't be referring to a teacher as sexy? That's beyond inappropriate, because they don't even know what that means.
Why not? At that age i was twanging older girls bras, normal boyhood thing.

Last edited by The Goblins Blade; December 6th 2011 at 03:22 PM.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goblins Blade View Post
Why not? At that age i was twanging older girls bras, normal boyhood thing.
And that's also inappropriate. My child would definitely be punished for that kind of behavior. Being a boy isn't reason to act like a twit when you're younger.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:

And that's also inappropriate. My child would definitely be punished for that kind of behavior. Being a boy isn't reason to act like a twit when you're younger.
The key to the whole thing is that you must be fast on your feet when they chase you. lol

(#13 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 04:10 PM

Being suspended only works if the parent at home cares that their child has been suspended. I know a lot of people who have been suspended and their parents didn't care so they did whatever they wanted for the time period they were suspended.

This poor kid is probably confused as hell.
He will probably grow up terrified to tell a girl she is pretty. It's pathetic. As if the teacher thought he was hitting on her. How sick is that? She what felt threatened? Really?

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 04:46 PM

"Fine" is a word used in a sexual manner, when used to describe a woman. No, she probably didn't feel threatened, but it's not an appropriate thing for a 9-year-old to say.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
lacylovebugg Offline
Not a n00b

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
"Fine" is a word used in a sexual manner, when used to describe a woman. No, she probably didn't feel threatened, but it's not an appropriate thing for a 9-year-old to say.

I agree. I would not allow my kids to say anything of that nature. But whose to say his mother thinks the same way? For his household it could be an okay thing to say. So a punishment for it wouldn't have came up. However, I feel that the parent should have been notified before a suspension was given. In the schools I went to the only time a suspension was given without parental notification beforehand was if it was an immediate danger. Such as drugs, alcohol or weapons were brought to school. Or fighting.

That teacher should never sub in a high school.... O.o lmao

(#16 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 05:07 PM

I'm surprised he wasn't arrested and sued for institutional rape or something else equally as stupid.

It's funny though, there's genuinely a lot of money to be made here. I've heard of teachers in nursery school calling toddlers "cute"... NOW... that is:

1. PAEDOPHILIA
2. SEXUAL HARASSMENT
3. RAPE
4. INSTITUTIONAL RAPE
5. ASSAULT
6. PROSTITUTION
7. TERRORISM
8. SEXISM
9. RACISM
10. SATANISM
11. ...

Soooo much to sue for

PWNED!!!

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 05:54 PM

I don't think the suspension was necessary; at most, I think a parent-teacher conference should've been held so that the 9 year old can have a proper explanation rather than getting in trouble without fully understanding why. When people say that the 9 year old should be punished, I believe that people seem to forget what it's like to be 9 years old. You haven't been in school that long. Hell, when I was 9...I was engaging in sexual activity with my cousin, and I wasn't even aware that it was wrong. In my eyes, I sexually experimented with my cousin because she was cute, and I was curious. Hell, I've sexually experimented with my own best friend at the time...and that was a dude. It takes a while for us to learn what is morally and ethically wrong; it's not innate where you pop out of your mom's vagina and already know what you should and shouldn't do. There's no harm in a 9 year old commenting on the looks of an adult because chances are that a 9 year old's way of thinking about attraction is different than a 21 year old's way of thinking about attraction. If I were to talk about my girlfriend and say that she's "fine," then I'd be referring to the fact that I want to fuck the shit out of her: that includes ejaculation into her mouth, being a little dominant by smacking her ass, vaginal penetration, and the whole 9 yards. Ask a 9 year old and he'd probably be thinking, at most, that he wants to touch her body and experiment with it. However, it's harmless because the adult knows that it's unacceptable for a 9 year old to do that and can therefore say "no Jimmy, you cannot fondle my breasts. I'm calling your mother." If the kid didn't directly say it to the teacher, then his intention probably wasn't to pester the teacher, and therefore it's not really sexual harassment. The kid is 9 years old for crying out loud!

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 10:25 PM

school staff out of control again

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 10:41 PM

If you follow all the links, the school has now apologised anyway.. yeah the comment was innappropriate but they seem to have accepted that to deem it sexual harassment was over the top.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 6th 2011, 10:46 PM

I seriously doubt the kid really knew that "Fine" was considered sexual. He probably heard it on TV or something and just copied it. Kids are impressionable. It's not his fault, no one told him it was wrong or gave him a warning.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 7th 2011, 02:59 AM

This is just crazy.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 9th 2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Suspension is a silly punishment anyways, what kid will be sad that he gets to miss two days of school?
bingo I agree.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 9th 2011, 07:41 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1135242.html

Here's an update, the suspension has been overturned and the principal has resigned.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#24 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 9th 2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacylovebugg View Post
I agree. I would not allow my kids to say anything of that nature.
Seriously? I mean seriously? So like when your kid is 24 you don't want them to say their wife/husband is beatiful/handsom?

Unless you meant until a certain age, but you didn't specify that.

I dunno, the kid didn't directly say that to her, and was kind of an off-topic comment that he made. If anything the teacher should have been flattered that the kid was so honest. It's not like he said anything perverted, but was simply commenting that he found the teacher attractive.

Regardless of if he understood the sexual implication of that isn't relevant, he thought the teacher was good-looking regardless.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Squidgy Offline
Average Joe

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 10th 2011, 10:35 PM

Hahaha, Me and my friends tell one of our teachers he has a nice ass .
They shouldn't have suspended him he could have said a lot worse. Horomones, What can you do?(;
  Send a message via MSN to Squidgy Send a message via Skype™ to Squidgy 
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Viky Offline
Average Joe

Name: Victoira

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 10th 2011, 11:03 PM

Just for calling a teacher cute? o_O The teacher should have just smiled and said thank you... It was just a nice compliment... What's with people these days?

(#27 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 10th 2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viky View Post
Just for calling a teacher cute? o_O The teacher should have just smiled and said thank you... It was just a nice compliment... What's with people these days?
[TROLL MODE] NO BECAUSE A MINOR CALLING AN ADULT CUTE IS INSTITUTIONAL RAPE NOW BY CASE LAW AND SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE WITH 20 YEARS IN A SIBERIAN WORK CAMP.

IT IS ALSO EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE TO PEOPLE WHO FIND BEING CALLED CUTE EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE, AND IS INSENSITIVE TO OVER-SENSITIVE PEOPLE. [/TROLL MODE]

Even troll mode can't make a good joke out of it. The whole thing is just bad joke...

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 11th 2011, 02:57 AM

What? I just told a techer that i loved him on friday! He didn't hear me, but the rest of the hallway did! i blew him kisses last year, he saw and my principle saw! Nothing happened. Besides me getting a funny look from the teacher!

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#29 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 11th 2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeDemarcus View Post
What? I just told a techer that i loved him on friday! He didn't hear me, but the rest of the hallway did! i blew him kisses last year, he saw and my principle saw! Nothing happened. Besides me getting a funny look from the teacher!
Insert some humourous joke about "jailbait" here.

Honestly though, we've all established that this was an idiot move by the teacher, and I honestly think they should be forced to spend a week in a country governed by Sharia law.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 13th 2011, 08:17 AM

Wow, that was way harsh. The kid should have been educated about that instead of being suspended... Watch that kid become an anti - feminist when he grows up.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Suspended From School For Calling Teacher Cute - December 13th 2011, 10:44 PM

It's a stupid thing for the teacher to get bent out of shape for. I mean he 9 do you really think he know what "fine" means? I mean he probley got it from a song or a family member or a show and copied it. Plus what kid doesn't mind be suspended??

I love you<3 I'm here for you!! PM me or VM me for anything you need!!!STAY STRONG!
TUMBLR<3 follow me

Closed Thread