TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 03:46 PM

So there's this video that's been going Viral on my facebook, I don't know about anyone else's. But Apparently there's satanic things in twilight and all this. I'll post a link to this as soon as I can find out how.

So what do you guys think?

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

Send a message via Skype™ to craz33me 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 04:57 PM

Twilight... just generally isn't to my taste. As for "satanic symbols"... and illuminati crap and shit... lol, I think it's people generally acting schizophrenic when they start believing all that stuff.

The concept of Satanism, and Illuminati may be somewhat true, but taking this stuff literally, is like taking the Bible literally.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 06:13 PM

BDF: I kind of agree. The Bible is just as figurative as it is literal. Maybe Noah never had an ark, but the moral behind it (being grateful to those who provide for you.) is true no matter is the story is or not.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Last edited by Ngikhona; December 22nd 2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Unnecessary.

7 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 06:41 PM

I don't know what satanic symbols you are referring to, so I don't know. Satan is behind all false religions, and the whole vampire thing originated from a false religion....so kinda in that way. However, when people use "vampires" in movies today, they usually aren't thinking about that; they're usually just trying to make a creepy movie. I don't like the whole Twilight thing for many reasons, but I kind of doubt that the writers purposely used satanic symbols in it. I could be wrong though.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 07:58 PM

Justin and Goblin's Blade: to quote Doctor Strangelove, "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." But seriously guys, let's keep thing civil.

Anyway, my take with this - as with the numerous similar instances of such claims being made about popular literature - is that you can read pretty much anything into a work of literature with a suitably inclined mind. Given half the chance, I'm pretty sure you could interpret the Bible as rejecting the existence of God if you were creative enough about it. It doesn't mean that's what it actually says. In the same way, much as I think the Twilight books are pretty meh, I doubt they are meant to be specifically satanic. It's probably people reading too much into the mythology associated with vampires in the first place, which tends to veer in that direction so it's understandable - but I digress. All in all, I'm not too convinced.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 08:02 PM

dr2005: Great point. If you're looking for something, you can find it.

For example, this page could be a shrine to number four.

Teenhelp>Forums>Currentevents>Satan behing Twilight

Four different book mark choices, four different text editing choices in the quick post box, eight posts here so far (Divided by two is four.)

See what I mean? Anything can become a pattern if you try hard enough.

- Justin

Technologic

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Will sterry

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 08:05 PM

There are so many books that i would like to see get turned to a film, rainbow six by tom clancy for instance. It was turned into a great game way back in 98, but sadly there has been no film adaptation of it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 08:08 PM

Goblin's Blade: Super off topic buttt.... Tom Clancy is a decent author thanks to his ability to effectively raise the stakes. One minute a man is being held by terrorists, oh no! Then we find out that man is the president holy &%&$!

By doing so effectively he is able to remain a popular author even after writing formulmatic novels for so long. If it works, use it.

- Justin

Technologic

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 09:07 PM

As a real Satanist, I can assure you there is no "Satan" or anything like that in Twilight.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
John Osborne Offline
Angels Are Mathematical
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz33me View Post
So there's this video that's been going Viral on my facebook, I don't know about anyone else's. But Apparently there's satanic things in twilight and all this. I'll post a link to this as soon as I can find out how.

So what do you guys think?
I find it highly doubtful. Why would a Christian try and sneak some Satanic tones/imagery into twilight. I get a feeling this is only happening because she is Mormon and her books are an easy target because it has things like vampires and warewolves. Not trying to offend anyone that believes in this, but that's just my opinion.

"Love is the law, love under will."
Yours in L.V.X.,
John Osborne

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 11:50 PM

I don't see how Satan could be in those books... the whole series screams of morals like "No sex before marriage" and "life begins at conception" (and also "grooming is totally ok"). Seems pretty run-of-the-mill, not Satanic at all.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 6th 2011, 11:51 PM

I haven't seen this video in question although from a brief Googling session, I found this link, which seems to be similar as it argues Twilight and Harry Potter encourage anti-biblical and Satanic ideas. http://www.satansrapture.com/twilight.htm

Part of the website mentions accuses the Church of Satan of encouraging drinking blood, although I don't recall LaVeyan Satanism including that in their rituals (but I could me mistaken as I don't associate much with LaVeyan Satanism). From a Theistic Satanist side, invoking demons does not include drinking blood as far as I'm aware. There are certainly extremist Satanic churches but I don't think even drink blood as part of their rituals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gir View Post
As a real Satanist, I can assure you there is no "Satan" or anything like that in Twilight.
I'm curious, are you a LaVeyan Satanist or a Theistic Satanist?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#13 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goblins Blade View Post
Twilight is a load of bollox for irritating air headed teen girls.
My mum is a fan of Twilight.

loool. She has a phone pouch and pencil case with the Twilight brand thing written on it...

She's over 60 years old too.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 12:35 AM

I can't think of anything better to say than "No."

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 01:22 AM

I find this weird. As another user mentioned, the movies & books all scream MORAL SITUATIONS. 1: Bella and Edward did NOT have sex until after they were married. 2: Life begins at conception. And many others that I cannot name due to forgetting what they are. I know for a fact that Stephenie Meyer, author of all 4 books, is a Christian, and because of her own moral values, she gave her characters the same, hence, why Edward and Bella waited until after they were married to have a sexual relationship.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 01:33 AM

I believe this explains my opinion on the matter entirely.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
I haven't seen this video in question although from a brief Googling session, I found this link, which seems to be similar as it argues Twilight and Harry Potter encourage anti-biblical and Satanic ideas. http://www.satansrapture.com/twilight.htm

Part of the website mentions accuses the Church of Satan of encouraging drinking blood, although I don't recall LaVeyan Satanism including that in their rituals (but I could me mistaken as I don't associate much with LaVeyan Satanism). From a Theistic Satanist side, invoking demons does not include drinking blood as far as I'm aware. There are certainly extremist Satanic churches but I don't think even drink blood as part of their rituals.

I'm curious, are you a LaVeyan Satanist or a Theistic Satanist?

LaVeyan, and you are correct in the no blood drinking. Not even Theistic Satanists drink blood in summoning demons. Why? Because one of the MAJOR ideologies in Satanism is to never harm another human or animal unless for protection or food. So... While I'm no expert on Theistic Satanism, I'm pretty sure most don't go out and find a dead animal to use it's dead-for-three-days blood.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 03:09 AM

I'm not a fan of twilight, but it's not evil. People make videos about everything being evil. It's like looking at the stars and connecting the dots, you can make things look like whatever you want.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 08:29 PM

A movie based on vampires and werewolves may have some Occult symbolism, such as the pentagram, chalice, and ritualistic practices, it just goes along with the subject. That doesn't mean it's Satanic. Personally I think people are getting more and more paranoid. Just like the wackos who insist Freemasonry and the Illuminati (Who don't exist anymore), seek to control the world and bring about a "New World Order". Biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

(#20 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 7th 2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
Personally I think people are getting more and more paranoid. Just like the wackos who insist Freemasonry and the Illuminati (Who don't exist anymore), seek to control the world and bring about a "New World Order". Biggest load of BS I've ever heard.
Not sure if it's paranoia as such, although I agree it's BS. I think it's down to the human need to feel in control of one's own destiny, or if not to at least feel that someone is in control of proceedings, and not wanting to feel as if humanity is at the mercy of the Universe. It probably stems from an inability to accept that the reality is one of two things - either there is no one in control and it's all just chaos, or that there is someone in control and it sure as hell isn't a human. Hence why it's easier to believe there's a sect pulling the strings across the globe, rather than face the possibility that no one has their hand on the tiller and we're at the mercy of the tides.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#21 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 8th 2011, 06:10 AM

I'd say he's behind Twilight in the sense that is a blight that has infected the minds of countless mouth breathing teenage girls, and threatens to destroy literature and film with its pages and pages of filler romantic fan service garbage that could have been typed out by a room full of monkeys on typewriters in about a week.

That's about it.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 11th 2011, 02:14 AM

Haha. I was just wondering what everyone thought.
I personally think that the books were okay, but the movies are overrated.
I think that people are just taking it weirdly. Over obssessed fans. lol

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Foreveralways Offline
Forever and alway<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: M:)

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 13th 2011, 10:51 PM

It not evil it's a book made for entrainment and it does connect to a certain group of people. Them trying to being religon into a book that a young girly cheesy love story (kinda). It's pointless. I mean there even adult that read the book and love it and they don't try to being religon into it it a pleasure read not something you can read in to...

I love you<3 I'm here for you!! PM me or VM me for anything you need!!!STAY STRONG!
TUMBLR<3 follow me

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Flying_Spirit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 14th 2011, 10:11 PM

You know what lol, Meyer has about two brain cells in her head not taking into account her complete lack of any functioning grammar skills. Let us look at her story line. When asked to defend it she tries to use science and fails, if she said "I just made it up it is a story", that would be fine but she doesn't. As for someone being pathetic and paranoid enough to say that she had the mental capacity to place satanic symbols in her book that weren't already associated with the genre they need to chillax and watch a mindless comedy.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Re: Satan behind twilight? - December 14th 2011, 10:24 PM

Hahah. True that.

Closed Thread