TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 4th 2012, 08:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/...artner=popular

I don't live in Florida. I've never met either of these people involved, but I can say without hesitation, that the world is better off with one less scumbag attempting to bully kids into committing suicide.

I'm not saying that you should always kill the person bullying you, but the message here is pretty damn clear.

Thoughts?

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 788216 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 4th 2012, 09:13 PM

ehh ... that's it really to me.

I wouldn't advocate stabbing but would I have given the person a sentence? Maybe, he still killed someone. But then again it's self defence.

Meh

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 4th 2012, 09:18 PM

I just love how the family of the bully is always utterly clueless. Even with all of these witnesses who described that day and other instances they still think their kid was entirely innocent. That being said I think 12 knife wounds is a little excessive even if only two of them were fatal. The law stands though, the kid tried to do right an avoid the fight and when that option was taken away from him he reacted.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 4th 2012, 10:29 PM

Maybe if something was done in the first place, the victim wouldn't have felt as if that was the solution. Bullying is serious. If they don't want these things to happen... ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING TO STOP BULLYING. Like what the hell...

-EVERYTHING happens for a reason. There's nothing you can do to change it. It's just your fate. Whether it be stupid or not... It's your life. The way you handle it is the only control you have...

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com

HelpLINK Mentor since December 21st, 2011.
-----------------------

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Sinner Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 5th 2012, 02:45 AM

As much as I loathe bullying, and the fact that people are so willing to treat others that way... I don't feel it can be a case of self defense when only one party had a weapon. I do realize that a punch can do quite a bit of harm, especially in the form of a group beating..but bring a pocket knife to a gunfight (for lack of a better phrase), is a bit much in my opinion, and should not go entirely unpunished.

Tumblr has my heart
http://sunshinesoffspring.tumblr.com/
I follow back <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 5th 2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
As much as I loathe bullying, and the fact that people are so willing to treat others that way... I don't feel it can be a case of self defense when only one party had a weapon. I do realize that a punch can do quite a bit of harm, especially in the form of a group beating..but bring a pocket knife to a gunfight (for lack of a better phrase), is a bit much in my opinion, and should not go entirely unpunished.
The kid tried to run away and avoid the fight, and was still attacked, by the assailant and his friends actually. Multiple people chasing you down with the intent to seriously harm you? The kid made the right choice, considering it was the only one he had. Unless of course you're arguing he should have taken the beating, regardless of severity, and hoped that a system of apathetic "adults" would deliver justice.

Also, 12 stabs wounds may seem excessive, but in a situation like that I doubt he was counting, and to question that is stupid. He was panicked and didn't have time to think, and it was most likely reactionary.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 6th 2012, 07:29 PM

I'm finding it more and more difficult to find it in myself to disagree with things like this. More and more I realise just how sick this world is, and I see events like this and the only thing I can hear in my head is... "One less problem". Mr Nuno was doing serious bullying to this guy. Had he not had a knife he could have been really injured, and who knows how many times he's been seriously injured? Further, how do we know this is the only victim of bullying from Mr Nuno (the bully)? Could it be that he bullied many others who were too scared to do anything or stand up?

Bah. I feel very sorry for the suffering the deceased family are going through but at the same time it does mean that the world is a little bit better with the riddance of this "man".
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
The kid tried to run away and avoid the fight, and was still attacked, by the assailant and his friends actually. Multiple people chasing you down with the intent to seriously harm you? The kid made the right choice, considering it was the only one he had. Unless of course you're arguing he should have taken the beating, regardless of severity, and hoped that a system of apathetic "adults" would deliver justice.

Also, 12 stabs wounds may seem excessive, but in a situation like that I doubt he was counting, and to question that is stupid. He was panicked and didn't have time to think, and it was most likely reactionary.
I agree with everything you said. We are only human, we can only judge him by human standards. I find it difficult to believe anyone in his situation would have made better decisions than he did. As far as I'm concerned he's rid the world of a future problem and done us all a favor, much as I sympathise with the deceased's family.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Judge Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Stabbing Death Defense in Teen's Bus Stop Bullying - January 7th 2012, 06:12 PM

I almost entirely support it. But tbh, 12 stab wounds is over-done. 1 would be probably enough to at least make him back off, and probably injure him seriously enough. But the heat of the moment got into the kid, so he lost it. I don't blame him.

I would go as far as saying the bully deserved to get stabbed, not to die, but he's only got himself to blame.

If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.

Closed Thread