TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 16th 2012, 10:54 PM

As the title suggests, if you have a child do you have sex whilst the baby is in the room? Or do you make sure you're in a different room?
Or to people that plan on having a child in the future, do you plan on having sex whilst they're in the room?

For me and my partner we plan to have sex when it comes (only a week until due date ^^), it will be in a cot and won't be able to see us and it would be asleep when we did it. It would also be less than a year old whilst we did this so I can't see this as being a problem since nobody can remember this part of their lives anyway.
Besides, don't they recommend that you keep your child in the same room as you for the first few months, it would be silly to expect parents not to have sex in this time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 16th 2012, 11:02 PM

We did. Our son was in the room with us in his own bed for the first three months. Granted I couldn't have sex for the first six weeks, him being in the room didn't stop us. He was still just a blob who only cried, pooped and ate so it obviously didn't effect him at all. Plus, he was already asleep when we did. Anything past six months though would make me uncomfortable I think, and if the baby was awake.. no deal.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 16th 2012, 11:10 PM

I'm going to move this to Current Events & Debates, as I feel as if you'd get proper answers from there.

To answer your question though, I'd only feel comfortable with it if the baby is sleeping. Obviously, my first priority would be the baby and not sex. After 6 months, I'd feel more comfortable having sex if the baby was outside of the room, in their own. You aren't supposed to have sex for the first 6 weeks anyway, since you have to give her time to heal.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 17th 2012, 12:48 AM

I think up to the age of like three, who cares as long as they're sleeping? If I have a two year old, they're FINALLY asleep, we're in a hotel room with them in the room, and I'm in the mood? Sex is happening. I'm not sure why it matters. Even if they wake up, it's not like they'd have any idea what's going on, I doubt there would be any "future trauma" or whatever. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 17th 2012, 01:07 AM

I don't think I'd feel comfortable with it. Even if they won't know what's going on, I'd feel awkward that there's another human being in the room with me while it's happening.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 17th 2012, 01:18 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with it up until they're like 2. Either way they should be in their own room by like 1 years old. That's my plan anyways.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 17th 2012, 01:34 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm not sure that I would do it.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#8 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 17th 2012, 05:41 PM

I would never, i mean, it just seems gross.

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 17th 2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris. ♥ View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm not sure that I would do it.
Me too

(#10 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Re: Do/Would You Have Sex Whilst Your Baby Was in the Room? - January 18th 2012, 05:53 PM

I wouldn't worry about the baby seeing/hearing you. At birth, the ability to see (and I believe hear, but don't quote me on that) isn't fully developed, so even if the baby were facing you and could "see" you, it would only see a couple blurs. Besides, a lot of people have sex while pregnant, so why not have sex after the baby is born. Now, I'm not saying we should all go into a nursery to get it on, but if the baby sleeps in your room, and you want to use the room for a more recreational purpose than just sleeping, I see no issue with this. And think about it, there are WAY worse things you could be doing with your baby in the room.

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

Closed Thread