TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

This is a little worrying... - January 20th 2012, 12:16 AM

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/french-far-...213333199.html

If one country catches on, others will rapidly follow. This kind of stuff spreads virally. Right wing politics frequently offer enhanced economic growth... but it comes at other undesirable costs, and people seem to be forgetting that. Seems we need another WW2 type situation to remind us. Living memories of those times have mostly died out... and it's coming back now.

Far right... far left... are both wrong. Why aren't people hardly ever willing to settle for a compromise? Any extreme ideology is a threat, Christian, Muslim, Fascist, Communist etc. They all lead to some form of extreme oppression, because that's what all those ideologies in their extreme interpretation believe, that there is only one right answer, when the truth is there isn't.

But people buy into it. We all want changes. Mainstream parties haven't impressed the public, so we all turn to more extreme alternatives. Same way the police fail to protect citizens, the citizens then take things themselves into extremes. I know that from first hand experience. Also these extreme ideologists and party leaders take advantage of the vulnerable state our society's in right now. Once they take charge... don't count on you being able to willingly, and peacefully vote them out when you change your mind. Not only because you *might* not be able to vote... in the worst case scenario, you might not even live long enough to do so.

If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.

Last edited by BDF; January 20th 2012 at 03:02 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: This is a little worrying... - January 20th 2012, 03:50 PM

I know exactly what you mean - I have a feeling this is what it must have been like back in the 1920s, just before all of the extremist parties really hit their stride with the consequences we all know about. The one positive I take is that it looks like the BNP's days are genuinely numbered, but all the same I'm not ashamed to admit I am very, very worried about where this is all going. Suffice it to say, if Europe or the UK ever end up under the control of extremist parties from either end of the spectrum, I'm emigrating to New Zealand. I'm not kidding either. It would have been Canada but they seem to be heading down the same path as well now...

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .

Closed Thread