TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts


Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!



Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Poland at the moment

Posts: 2,110
Join Date: January 28th 2009

No shit Sherlock... - January 24th 2012, 08:23 PM

Apparently women feel more pain than men:

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net...y-than-men.htm

Who would have known?

About a year ago I also read about a scientific study undertaken by some university which was sub-contracted by the British government. After painstakingly searching through thousands, if not millions of public birth records over a time span of several decades and at a cost of approximately 10 million to the taxpayer, it has been found that homosexual couples, can not, in fact, procreate naturally, whether it be willingly or unwillingly. Neither does homosexuality directly correlate to the birthrate of sea plankton. It was subsequently also confirmed in a follow-up study that gay marriage can, in fact trigger a nuclear winter as Islamic states launch an all-out war against homosexuality in the West. Truth is, anything can cause a nuclear winter... the Russian president may sneeze and drop his mug of coffee on the big red button and blast off half the planet's face. The second half will be blasted off by the US. And China will finish off the moon just to wipe out the American flag up there. Anything is possible, but some things are just very unlikely.

Oh yea... and I almost forgot. Santa Claus is coming to kick our asses this December in 2012 for melting his polar ice caps. The end of the world is neigh.


If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.



Last edited by BDF; January 25th 2012 at 12:53 AM.
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Smitten Offline
WRINGL
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Smitten's Avatar
 
Name: Smitten
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Location: East Coast, USA

Posts: 680
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - January 24th 2012, 08:38 PM

Could it be that women are just more prone to over-exaggerating their symptoms and dramatizing everything?

Just a thought...


You know you are on the precipice of greatness when you feel joy, fear, and the butterflies of change all at the same time.


   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Poland at the moment

Posts: 2,110
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - January 24th 2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Could it be that women are just more prone to over-exaggerating their symptoms and dramatizing everything?

Just a thought...
I think this depends very much on the person. I am able to punch a wall pretty damn hard several times and not break my bones or feel pain anymore (through training, I'm not a freak born like this)... yet I can go berserk at the doctor's for sticking a vaccinating needle in me. My mum on the other hand can take the biggest needle, and not even appear to give a shit... yet she screams when she picks up a hot cup of tea, which my dad can hold onto for several seconds at least, and even better, just totally down the thing in one gulp.

I know weedy guys (I think everyone does) that just feel pain at everything. They sit down too fast and bruise their ass on the chair.

But it's generally common sense, that because guys on average are more built than females, and have higher bone density, they feel less pain for most things. Our somewhat "amplified" physical ability puts us at an advantage over most girls and women.


If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.


   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Gaia's Avatar
 
Name: Lou
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: ekam eveileb

Posts: 3,811
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - January 31st 2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Could it be that women are just more prone to over-exaggerating their symptoms and dramatizing everything?

Just a thought...
*ahem* I think you meant to say some women. Stereotyping...

Personally, I'd liked to see these figures. More could be 100.
I did find some interesting articles but this one took the biscuit for me. Seems men are far less likely to report pain than women.
And then this one says that pain tolerance increases when tested by a member of the opposite sex.
So really, it's all circumstantial, and will differ between everyone.
What an amazing day for US researchers. They managed to organise files. Bravo.


"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Filling my panties with candy
I can't get enough
*********
 
MedusoidMycelium's Avatar
 
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: where ever the coffee is

Posts: 2,984
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 2nd 2012, 04:26 PM

1. I'd like to see a man carry a baby for 9 months and then push it out of a tiny hole.

2. Period cramp ..

There are two things ^ there that men do not have or have to do.

Whether or not women feel more pain or not is an odd statement, but I highly a doubt a guy getting kicked in the balls can be the same pain as hours of giving birth.

There may be somethings to guys that are more painful to them than they are to women. But whether or not women feel more pain than men is debateable. Everyone has a different pain thresh-hold.



BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b
**
 
Zero.'s Avatar
 
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Location: Your basement.

Posts: 92
Join Date: November 25th 2011

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 4th 2012, 08:49 AM

Guys are probably immune to pain because they're uesd to fistfights and that sorta stuff while chicks like me just watch anime. also guys have to carry around that thing known as reputation lol. Girls are mentally stronger though.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Smitten Offline
WRINGL
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Smitten's Avatar
 
Name: Smitten
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Location: East Coast, USA

Posts: 680
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 5th 2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawlietfan View Post
Girls are mentally stronger though.
REALLY?

:rofl:

That just leaves me speechless... almost.
Please, could you elaborate on HOW you think girls are mentally stronger? I mean, I suppose it is relative - but I have seen far far far more females crack and breakdown under pressure, go nuts with being unable to control their emotions, etc.
so...
HOW?


Women "in a nutshell" based on my experience: Beautiful and delicate on the outside, pure chaos on the inside.


You know you are on the precipice of greatness when you feel joy, fear, and the butterflies of change all at the same time.


   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
BDF's Avatar
 
Name: BDF
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Poland at the moment

Posts: 2,110
Join Date: January 28th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 5th 2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post

REALLY?

:rofl:

That just leaves me speechless... almost.
Please, could you elaborate on HOW you think girls are mentally stronger? I mean, I suppose it is relative - but I have seen far far far more females crack and breakdown under pressure, go nuts with being unable to control their emotions, etc.
so...
HOW?


Women "in a nutshell" based on my experience: Beautiful and delicate on the outside, pure chaos on the inside.
Who's mentally stronger is such a subjective topic it's not even worth arguing imo. I think it entirely depends on the upbringing, not gender. A lot of guys have insecurities too such as the size of their and others' dicks. Chose not to make a big deal of it though... I dono... like I said it's subjective and different everywhere you go.

I'm 90% sure though that girls do better in school. If that can be attributed to mental strength then it favours the argument that girls are mentally stronger I suppose.

I also think people like to bash on girls' insecurities more than guys'. I've known a lot more guys with drinking problems than girls for example. But people don't seem to make much of a deal of it. The whole bulimia thing though and weight issues... is so public it almost makes me bulimic when I see it. TBH it doesn't help I think, just makes things worse. And it's almost always about girls having problems like that. I've never heard of a girl or woman having a liver transplant.


If you've got some spare time, read this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...-d/#post631229

But don't if you're easily triggered. If you're not easily triggered then go ahead.



Last edited by BDF; February 5th 2012 at 09:34 PM.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b
**
 
Zero.'s Avatar
 
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Location: Your basement.

Posts: 92
Join Date: November 25th 2011

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 8th 2012, 11:46 AM

Yes girls are mentally stronger because
1) we can multitask. (talk while listening)
2) Girls dont tumble in a mass pit of depression and drink drink drink.
pahhh dont ask me im not that emotional being a girl xD
basically im not that 'nutshell' either.
CHAOTIC NEUTRAL FTW. \m/
obtw... you say you came across with a handful of females uable to control their emotions neh? I've come across a handfull of guys who a) go hyper and idk... b) rant on facebook. (6 pages long for crying out loud xD) soooooooo yeah. conclusion: girls you come across are emotional but that is not to be said as a general statement.

*Takes a bow* Thankyou
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
BECCALICIOUS!'s Avatar
 
Name: Becca
Age: 21
Gender: girly girl :)
Location: New England

Posts: 774
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 8th 2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawlietfan View Post
Yes girls are mentally stronger because
1) we can multitask. (talk while listening)
2) Girls dont tumble in a mass pit of depression and drink drink drink.
Definitely one of the most naive/ignorant statements I've seen on this board. I'm sure no one here has an alcoholic mother, sister, girlfriend, aunt, etc.

And considering I used to "drink drink drink" during my "mass pit of depression" all last semester to cope...

I'm not saying either gender is stronger than the other. Women are expected to do and be everything: sexy yet modest, smart yet dumb, confident yet humble, and so on. Men are expected to always emulate "masculine" qualities and hide their feelings. I applaud both genders for putting up with society's expectations so well.


when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b
**
 
Zero.'s Avatar
 
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Location: Your basement.

Posts: 92
Join Date: November 25th 2011

Re: No shit Sherlock... - February 9th 2012, 09:23 AM

mh sor-ree. Keep your head on.

AANYWAYYYYYY. Yes i agree that both genders should be treated equally, but the expectations are still different and that should be changed. If people expect girls to be smart yet dumb well tuff. If anyone expects girls to be sexy, they're owned. If guys are expect to hide their feelings, thats just a sick and wrong in the head expectation. Its normal for people to have feelings
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
sherlock, shit

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All material copyright 1998-2014, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.