TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 16th 2012, 08:10 PM

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/new-ipad-la...t--london.html

How stupid. That's just my opinion though.

EDIT: It's not the I-pad that's stupid. It's the hype and suckers that fall for it like the whole goal of their life has been to be the first in line.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; March 16th 2012 at 08:21 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 16th 2012, 08:52 PM

Every time I see someone buy an Apple product, I laugh.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 16th 2012, 09:04 PM

Wow! It's got such a high resolution. That'll be awful useful for all of the HD movies that are produced at that resolu- oh wait.

~Cody

Normal User

(#4 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 16th 2012, 09:05 PM

I don't get the hype, as much as I love my family's iPad, and a bunch of apple products are really good too, but... I don't see the hype in how they churn out new products that are basically old products with different colors and everyone acts like christ returned from the grave.

Wow. LMFAO. It's a peice of technology, they'll be plenty, people don't have to wait and be all like "OMFG, I got my ipad before all of you guys because I waited _____, it was worth it."

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 17th 2012, 02:25 AM

i'm waiting until the ipad can give me baths.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
abandonedships Offline
All I know, It's like poison
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Scott

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 17th 2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post
Seems appropriate.

So many are broken, and they're not getting up

(#7 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 17th 2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post
I'm waiting until the I-pad can do my exam revision for me. Then I will be the first in line.

Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 17th 2012, 03:00 AM

I'm just waiting for apple to become a company with a decent moral code >.>

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 17th 2012, 02:35 PM

I bought an iPod Touch 4th Gen. It's decent. It keeps my extensive library, and I can use WiFi on it. It's also the only Apple product I will ever consider useful to me.
But there is no way in hell I am going to buy the same thing with a white coating because Apple does a big presentation on it.
People that fall for the hype suck just as much as the company.

One million miles away...

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 17th 2012, 06:54 PM

Jeez, people need to get a life, its just a gadget. Apple will bring another one out soon no doubt.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 18th 2012, 08:55 PM

I take on a different perspective -- I don't think it's really a big deal at all. I'm actually glad people are able to find motivation for something. It goes to show how far people are willing to go to get first in line, and I think that requires a lot of strength and determination. If everyone had that kind of determination for everything, I think we'd be a highly productive world. We're productive, but for all the wrong reasons. Sure...it's an Apple product, the Anti-Christ for technology it seems, but I've always been a PC lover and it makes no difference what the product is. If you're 30 years old and want to wait in line for a new Barbie doll, I don't judge. People should do what makes them feel happy, because the world is a much better place when people can do the things they would like to do without being judged for it.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 18th 2012, 10:47 PM

I have a problem with it because this common mentality across many people, driving them to be obsessed with having the latest I-pad (for example), the biggest TV screen, the latest and "besterestest" phone, has many knock-on effects. It's not just one person. It's many, MANY people.

People in the UK are taken for suckers now. I've picked up on figures here and there showing that we pay maybe 30% more for electronics, games, clothing, in the UK than people do in the US. It's not as if we're richer, just have a bad culture. So yea... I have to pay MORE for my stuff because of idiots obsessed with getting their hands on the latest crap by any means necessary. Supply vs. demand. The demand for these sorts of products in the UK is disproportionately high, ergo they raise the price... and it seems that they can raise the price as much as the damn want and people will STILL buy it. Why not sell I-pads at £2000 each? I bet they'd still sell plenty. It would give Apple a very bad name though which is why they probably haven't tried it.

People's obsession with media hype around this sort of stuff, also compromises other far more important things in life for them. If that didn't interfere with me, I wouldn't have a problem. But it does interfere with me. I don't care if someone else doesn't know how to read and plays hangman on his I-pad. But I do care if I then need to pay his welfare and shit, which he spends on a new I-pad, lol. Most people in the UK, or any country on the planet, DO NOT have the money and can't afford to spend it constantly on trash just to keep up with the latest technology. But they do so regardless. And through many "not-so-simple" economic and financial mechanisms, MY standard of living is adversely affected by these greedy short-sighted idiots.

They want a new car, and it doesn't occur to them than in 5 years time, their mortgage payments might be strained because of it. Then their house gets repossessed, banks go broke, and the government wastes my money fixing the shit. No thanks.

Personal case: A "friend" of mine (he calls himself my friend), had bought himself a pair of £250 dre-beat headphones, a flat-screen TV (looked like about £400), new phone (maybe £300), I-Pod touch (£200?), I-Pad (£500?), expensive booze, like Grey Goose and stuff, regularly. I am a student at university, so is he. I wondered where he was getting the money from... most students take out a student bank loan to pay for university fees, and they aren't even enough to cover everything. At the end of the 3rd term in the summer, he came to me without money asking me to give him some so he can feed himself until the end of the week when his parents pick him up.

Perfect example of other people's stupidity directly interfering with ME. I don't need this. I didn't give him money. I bought him a few loafs of toasting bread and some butter, that was it.

And I know for a fact he's not the only one who ended up like this. It's just him who came to me asking for money. I see plenty of students walking around with I-Pads, Nike shoes, I-Phones, etc... and I know that most of them only get their money from student loans. They're in the red already and spending like cretins on top of it.

I'm gonna rant further here. If you're conscientious with your money here in the UK, you're called a "Jew" and a cheapscape. I get funny looks when I bring my own coffee into lectures in a thermos flask. Flask = £5, coffee inside = £1 and there's twice as much. Coffee at the cafeteria = £3 at least. I've worked this out before that over a year... I save myself maybe £500 compared to some people (who drink A LOT of coffee). That's for coffee alone. Yea... so that's why I've got money and they haven't, SO...
,,|,, to them.

The culture is fucked because of people being idiots. And I, including everyone else has to put up with this. Some succumb to it like people do to peer pressure and just follow the hype. I spit at it.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: New I-Pad - WOW OMFG!!! - March 19th 2012, 12:08 AM

I'd rather be first in line for an 8th Harry Potter book. <.<

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread