TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/)
-   -   Besides Religion (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/t104320-besides-religion/)

RadkeLover June 17th 2012 04:08 AM

Besides Religion

Besides religion explain why you support and do not support the things you do and dont.

Age of Ignorance June 17th 2012 05:29 AM

Re: Besides Religion

So, you want us to explain why we support or don't support contentious issues without reference to a holy book, a higher power or any morals derived from these? It seems that only Atheists or Agnostics would be able to state why they do or do not support contentious issues such as gay marriage, abortion, etc. without reference to such concepts. And to be honest, it seems that you are targetting the religious with such a request, and my (Atheist) opinion probably wouldn't matter much because I don't draw on any religious beliefs for my morality. Thus, this thread seems to be slightly redudant.

chickenonsteroids June 17th 2012 09:11 AM

What are you talking about?

RadkeLover June 17th 2012 01:20 PM

idk guys, sorry i was really mad at people last night so i was doing a targetted post, im deleting it now

RadkeLover June 17th 2012 01:21 PM

how do i delete it?

Dervisher June 17th 2012 05:38 PM

They can't support their religious beliefs with anything but hope and a huge herd of them telling you it is so.

Don't waste your time arguing with them, they're lost causes.

dr2005 June 17th 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dervisher (Post 899618)
They can't support their religious beliefs with anything but hope and a huge herd of them telling you it is so.

Don't waste your time arguing with them, they're lost causes.

Try not to tar everyone with the same brush in future, please - you'll find there are plenty of us religious people on here who can support our beliefs with logic and reason rather than just being "sheeple". Assuming otherwise is, with respect, rather closed-minded.

@OP: Not sure if you can delete the whole thread, but if so it'll be under the "Edit Post" options. If that isn't available now, message a mod and ask them to close it for you.

LlamaLlamaDuck June 17th 2012 09:48 PM

Unfortunately, moderators aren't allowed to delete threads or posts in the event that a user regrets posting them. However, since your original question doesn't make a whole lot of sense (sorry :p) and there isn't really anything to discuss here, I am happy to close it. Feel free to PM me if you ever want it reopened, or just make another thread. :)